Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. (15524 Views)

Commonwealth Scholarship Winner From Uganda Reveals His Excelling Secrets / How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
There are many scholarships available, and most of them does not require you to prove you’re the most academically gifted person on earth or a genius. But they are incredibly competitive. So how do you make sure you get the scholarship or bursary you deserve or wish for?
Sometimes you have everything you think you needed to win a scholarship but it doesn’t just come your way.
Winning a scholarship not just only depend on your academic vibrancy. Scholarship programs organizers do not test brilliancy but intelligence, they believe anybody can be brilliant but anyone that is intelligent must be brilliant.
So you just find out that after your sleepless nights on a scholarship exam you do not make the prize mark. Disgusting?
Sometimes ago, in an MTN foundation scholarship, two weeks after receiving the entry of students, they sent a mail to the entrants, to write an essay on how Technology can help the Nation’s situation.
Many brilliant student couldn’t make the mark because that intelligence – which I can call the outright application of brillancy.
So I will highlight some you need to do, to increase the chance of winning your next scholarship.
1. Get the basic Requirement
What do I mean by this? For you to have a chance of applying for any scholarship, there are some basic requirement that must be fulfilled. Like “you must be an undergraduate, you must have a CGPA of 3.0” and the likes, also age bracket.
When all this are obeyed, then you are a step into winning that scholarship.
2. Be Ready
Luck, they say is when preparation meets with opportunity. The first thing must do is to prepare for opportunities you hope for. You first start searching for opportunity but when you’re prepared, opportunity will locate you. Search for scholarship related materials online, past questions and the likes, exploit them.
3. Be Passionate
Passion is the soul of all business. Do just do or apply for scholarship exams because you need the Money, but do it because you need to. Know that you are in for it, be ready for the task, stress, night reading. Burn the candle and feed your passion.
4. Position yourself for Opportunities
Being positioned means bean at a place where opportunity can locate you. Mingle with friends with like dreams, consult people whom have threaded the same part. Get needed knowledge for every scholarship. Subscribe for update on scholarships on several related websites and platforms.
5. Apply for as many as you can
You know, it takes time. But “it’s free money!” Check all the scholarships you are eligible for. Double-check you have all the right documents to prove your case, and get someone read over your supporting essay or letter. It’s always good to get another point of view. Don’t depend only on youself, no matter how brilliant you’re.
6. Be confident
If the application requires a letter or essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship, don’t be shy. List all your relevant achievements – not just academic results but also community. Believe you can win it, don’t doubt sin​
ce loosing will not affect you in any way.
7. Engage yourself in Riddles solving
As I said earlier, what scholarship organizers wants to test is your intelligence not your idea of physics or government. So any riddle question you can lay your hand on, do well to solve them. I was once to attend a scholarship exam, on my way, I bought a magazine, Imin which I saw a riddle at the back page but u shunned it. It was pathetic when I got to the exam hall, that was the only question in the exam paper. I failed!!!
8. Check information on Scholarships periodically
Visit websites which specializes in scholarship often, to know if there is any available scholarship and for updates on scholarship you applied for, or intend to apply for.
9. Believe in yourself
My last scholarship I won-even if it’s a token was done by someone who believes in me. I only got to know few hours before the interview. I did not panic, but believed I have nothing to loose. I did the interview and won. But at the end if the interview the interviewer told me “Your Confidence win it for you”
10. Believe in the Supreme Being[GOD]

You understand better.

If you can do all this, nothing will be able to stop you in your march to scholarship glory.

https://scholarzine./2016/09/03/173/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by MrOlihilistic: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
noted
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by herzern(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
The way Niqeria's scholarships qo....

*They advertise the scholarship..... Registration for a member is 2k

*100 people apply.......The Organisers make 200k...

*They offer the winner 100k...

And the Organisers profits 100k....

PS....Some Scholarships are qenuine thouqh!....

9 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by habbyy03: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
k
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by abatisegun: 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Microflux:
There are many scholarships available, and most of them does not require you to prove you’re the most academically gifted person on earth or a genius. But they are incredibly competitive. So how do you make sure you get the scholarship or bursary you deserve or wish for?
Sometimes you have everything you think you needed to win a scholarship but it doesn’t just come your way.
Winning a scholarship not just only depend on your academic vibrancy. Scholarship programs organizers do not test brilliancy but intelligence, they believe anybody can be brilliant but anyone that is intelligent must be brilliant. OK noted
So you just find out that after your sleepless nights on a scholarship exam you do not make the prize mark. Disgusting?
Sometimes ago, in an MTN foundation scholarship, two weeks after receiving the entry of students, they sent a mail to the entrants, to write an essay on how Technology can help the Nation’s situation.
Many brilliant student couldn’t make the mark because that intelligence – which I can call the outright application of brillancy.
So I will highlight some you need to do, to increase the chance of winning your next scholarship.
What do I mean by this? For you to have a chance of applying for any scholarship, there are some basic requirement that must be fulfilled. Like “you must be an undergraduate, you must have a CGPA of 3.0” and the likes, also age bracket.
2. Be Ready
Luck, they say is when preparation meets with opportunity. The first thing must do is to prepare for opportunities you hope for. You first start searching for opportunity but when you’re prepared, opportunity will locate you. Search for scholarship related materials online, past questions and the likes, exploit them.
3. Be Passionate
Passion is the soul of all business. Do just do or apply for scholarship exams because you need the Money, but do it because you need to. Know that you are in for it, be ready for the task, stress, night reading. Burn the candle and feed your passion.
Being positioned means bean at a place where opportunity can locate you. Mingle with friends with like dreams, consult people whom have threaded the same part. Get needed knowledge for every scholarship. Subscribe for update on scholarships on several related websites and platforms.
You know, it takes time. But “it’s free money!” Check all the scholarships you are eligible for. Double-check you have all the right documents to prove your case, and get someone read over your supporting essay or letter. It’s always good to get another point of view. Don’t depend only on youself, no matter how brilliant you’re.
6. Be confident
If the application requires a letter or essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship, don’t be shy. List all your relevant achievements – not just academic results but also community. Believe you can win it, don’t doubt sin​
As I said earlier, what scholarship organizers wants to test is your intelligence not your idea of physics or government. So any riddle question you can lay your hand on, do well to solve them. I was once to attend a scholarship exam, on my way, I bought a magazine, Imin which I saw a riddle at the back page but u shunned it. It was pathetic when I got to the exam hall, that was the only question in the exam paper. I failed!!!
Visit websites which specializes in scholarship often, to know if there is any available scholarship and for updates on scholarship you applied for, or intend to apply for.
9. Believe in yourself
My last scholarship I won-even if it’s a token was done by someone who believes in me. I only got to know few hours before the interview. I did not panic, but believed I have nothing to loose. I did the interview and won. But at the end if the interview the interviewer told me “Your Confidence win it for you”

You understand better.

If you can do all this, nothing will be able to stop you in your march to scholarship glory.

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by jaydeeking(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hw many u don win@OP

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
very true op
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ok...

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
LordaGuru:
m
[quote author=habbyy03 post=49044157]k[/quote space bookers association members
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by habbyy03: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=tunmidob post=49044359][/quote] u ar welcome bae!! grincheesy
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Emeka71(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
Always study your school books and also be broadly enlightened in general knowledge; don't limit everything to your course of study.
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by LegalAnalyst(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
Good post though and I really appreciate it. Many thanks for that. But I have an observation.

While I acknowledge that dictionary meaning of every word does not and can't satisfy all areas of discipline. But I must be quick point to point out that brilliancy as most Nigerians understand it is actually not what it means. If you doubt me, please look it up your self; brilliancy and intelligence. You will have me thank at the end.

*NaijaLegalAnalyst*

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by EazyMoh(m): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
One more thing. A Mistake a lot of applicants make is dwelling so much on past questions and answers.
I remember a miss NYSC competition during our camping, one of the participants didn't know who the speaker of HOR was! Thats how docile and ignorant many graduates are today. So definitely they don't stand a chance answering a series of questions that require a lot of reasoning and current affairs.
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by hpk(m): 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Number 10 is of no importance to me!!! Atheism Over Matters!!!
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Jamescyray(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
nice quote,noted
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
"Your confidence win it for you"

Lmao

The person wey interview you go school?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
The name of this my cat is Abigirl.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Thobiy(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Good info
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by truthspeaks: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Thr z nothing new here.
Microflux:
Winning a scholarship not just only depend on your academic vibrancy. Scholarship programs organizers do not test brilliancy but intelligence, they believe anybody can be brilliant but anyone that is intelligent must be brilliant.
2. Be Ready
3. Be Passionate
6. Be confident
9. Believe in yourself

You understand better.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Rawzy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice post
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice post
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Faculty14(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
Movingcoil:
your cat is ugly
Abigirl is ugly!!
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by whitebeard(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
I don't know where to find scholarship pls enlighten me
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Adex097: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
whitebeard:
I don't know where to find scholarship pls enlighten me
MTNF scholarship will commence soon, apply for the scheme if you're eligible.
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by jkrist: 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Microflux:
2. Be Ready
3. Be Passionate
6. Be confident
9. Believe in yourself

You understand better.

thanks op for the insight.I recently applied for MUSTE scholarship,so I'll really need you to enlighten me on where/which website I can get the past question.thank you!
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by jkrist: 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
Adex097:

MTNF scholarship will commence soon, apply for the scheme if you're eligible.
please can you help in listing the eligibility status of the said scholarship.thanks
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Adamsee: 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
Believe in ALLAH

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by elldeb101(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
Movingcoil:

hello Abigirl.. you look like your owner. ...except that you are cute.

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by Adex097: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
jkrist:

please can you help in listing the eligibility status of the said scholarship.thanks
Last year's application.

Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by dayosweetness(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Which scholarship the OP don win??
Re: 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. by jkrist: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Adex097:

Last year's application.
Thanks but I only saw accounting as the required department.what of Banking and Finance department,does it mean that only accounting student out of the whole Faculty of management shall apply?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities / Please ,i Need List Of Educational Agencies In Nigeria / Is NECO Certificate Recognized Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.