Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) (46748 Views)

Obiano Likely To Decamp To APC If He Wins & After Swearing In - Aye Dee / Indigenes Of Abuja Go Unclad In Protest For Slot Of Permanent Secretary. Photos / Buhari Sacks Permanent Secretary For Awarding Contracts To Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by breezyempire543(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Ratello: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
tit:
when amosun appinted yebo as permanently secretay,
the witch must cry at night!
What's wrong with you? undecided
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by nnachukz(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
RIP madam. This is an indirect killing, she had health complication. Why appoint her to the position? The appointment made her to leave her treatment to attend her inauguration. Even the happiness can take her when she is struggling with life.
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by DonCortino: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Shey 'ogun' na juju god?
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by bartho77(m): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Swearing in, and little did she know they were actually swearing for her. RIP
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by obaino860: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Islie:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/209751-ogun-permanent-secretary-dies-days-swearing.html

this afonjas brown roof suffisticated region should take it east oh....
before una kill unaself finish
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by bi0nics: 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
metalDETECTED:
Afonja Juju @ work ... Rip woman
Beaf?
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by segepol10(m): 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
I fear ogun state politics.. May be dem don use OGUN swear for her
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Taryur3(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
K
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Debbiehola(f): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
hmmm Ogun fi ogun won........ RIP
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by EreluY(f): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
satelliteDISH:
O lord, protect us from the arrows of the evil ones in our hour of breakthrough in Jesus name.

[size=14pt]The level of daftness amongst Nigerians baffles me: what is the "arrows of the evil ones in our hour of breakthrough?" This woman was battling cancer to which she finally succumbed. In my view, it would appear that she was in the USA receiving treatment and then flew back to be sworn in. If, in deed, she abandoned her chemo treatment, that was a fatal decision she took. Health is wealth. RIP to the dead, anyway.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Boyooosa(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
tit:
when amosun appinted yebo as permanently secretay,
the witch must cry at night!
Rethink and Repost!
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Keneking:
But Nigeria sha, was the government not aware of her condition before the appointment.

This APC government sef cry

Not only government, she herself knows her condition and she should have turned down the offer on the ground of her health, but Nigerians with their greediness will never do that

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by columbus007(m): 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Yoloba! Yoruba! Yoruba! Hw many times have I called you.hmmm undecided
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by gabsuccess(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
APC government and death before and after swearing in are like ......where dat pix self
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by 4nobody4every1: 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
sukkot:
the curse of the solar eclipse of 1st september has started
Every arrow of untimely death fired against me at the point of my celebration, back fire by fire, go back to sender and kill your sender .......Amen tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by henryadex(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
THIS YEYE DEMOCRACY, HOW SHOULD A VERY SICK PERSON BE SWORN IN FOR SUCH A HIGH OFFICE TO HELL WITH DEMOCRACY
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by RickyTan: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ogun State been in the news a lot lately
First Buhari Dog drama
Then the Gov there appointing Igbo to PS
Now this woman, another PS passing on
RIP to the dead.
The woman looks like a peaceful woman too
May God give those you have left behind the strength to bear this loss.
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by mightycrown1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by passyhansome(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
Islie:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/209751-ogun-permanent-secretary-dies-days-swearing.html

A permanent secretary in the Ogun State civil service has died barely 48 hours after being sworn into office.

Mrs. Olubunmi Odumusi died in her sleep on Friday night, her family said. She was 57.

Relatives said she died after a prolonged battle with cancer, after being at treated local and foreign hospitals at a huge financial cost.

Mrs. Odumusi, a journalist, joined the civil service and rose the position of director in the state Ministry of Information and Strategy.

She was in the United States of America for medical treatment when she received the news of her promotion as Permanent Secretary. She flew back to attend the inauguration and attended the event on wheelchair on Thursday.

As news of her passing spread Saturday, sympathisers thronged the family home at Sam Ewang Estate in Abeokuta.

Her heartbroken husband wept, clasping the body of his departed wife. The body was later taken to the Neuro Psychiatric Hospital.

A family source said Mrs. Odumusi went to bed on Friday, but failed to wake up in the morning.

Reacting to the death, former Governor Gbenga Daniel praised Mrs. Odumusi as a “gem” and said she was very hardworking in his administration.

”I join others in commiserating with the families of Mrs Olubunmi Odumusi. I have a vivid recollection of her as one of the very hardworking Directors who bought into the vision of our administration quite early,” Mr. Daniel said.

“She was very active in the Regional Master Plan of the state which we did and was one of the topmost advocate of the Master Plan. Ogun State service has indeed lost a gem and my prayer is that God in his mercies will grant the family the grace to bear this painful loss at a time when they should be celebrating her promotion. Adieu,” the former governor wrote.

A former Information Commissioner, Doyin Ogunbiyi, who worked closely with the deceased, lamented the loss and expressed shock over the incident.

“She replied my congratulatory message oo yesterday …so sad. She was one of my trusted and hardworking staff as Commissioner in the Ministry of Information Youth Sports and Culture then, also Mrs Yetunde Kujore and Barr Demola Badejo..These trio were most efficient and reliable…,” she said.

Well I don't want to speak ill of the dead, if you know your health wasn't in good condition why at first even accept a leadership position or not to talk of halting or postponing a treatment in U. S to come back for a post. AFRICANS AND POWER THIRST OR HUNGER. RIP MA.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by DEGREE2466(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
How a nairalander scammed me of 10000 naira

[https://www.nairaland.com/3327574/how-scammed-10000-naira-nairalander#49045591] is good,have a look at it!
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by IJOBA2: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
ritababe:

Amen
YOU DEY HERE NOW DEY SHOUT AMEN, SMALL TIME YOU GO RUN GO WHERE UNA DEY MEASURE D1CK AND BWEAST FOR ROMANCE SECTION angry
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Aroh48(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
So witches are real?
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Exponental(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
P.S. 1 day in office! God, please let death not cut Your glory in my life short! Adieu Mama!
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by afroluxpaint: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
ernecy:
may God grant her soul internal rest

which one be "internal" rest.
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by dumie(f): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
Quite unfortunate.. However, before going into politics in 9ja u have to fortify yourself.. Rip

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by afroluxpaint: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
its like most people dont read before they comment here. the news says the woman was a cancer patient, yet you attributes her death to a diabolical means.
what kind of mentality is this. R I P madam
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Ad0rable: 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
abuomaIV:

I hope you don't mean President Buhari? otherwise you are a ram. instead of you to comment " RIP Madam" you are capping shit. you deserve overboard #RIPMadam

How does ur RIP affect the dead, undecided Pooharis spokesman, keep on with d insult, only makes u a lesser animal cool
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Kelvinadimora(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
truthspeaks:
Read d post n com modify ur comment
.......if I no modify am u go die?
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
EreluY:

[size=14pt]The level of daftness amongst Nigerians baffles me: what is the "arrows of the evil ones in our hour of breakthrough?" This woman was battling cancer to which she finally succumbed. In my view, it would appear that she was in the USA receiving treatment and then flew back to be sworn in. If, in deed, she abandoned her chemo treatment, that was a fatal decision she took. Health is wealth. RIP to the dead, anyway.[/size]
Absolutely! but nigerians are very ignorant and back wards so they will never consider the situation like you have suggested every thing they claim evil spirit even when one has common headache.
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by xtanlee(m): 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Awwww... So sad.. RIP
Re: Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo) by nelsonjj: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
ritababe:

grow up
You Should Open Your Eyes To See The Truth Behind This Story, Such A Wicked World

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Continue Raid On Sambisa Forest, Recover Bombs(photos) / Tambuwal Gives Abdullahi Shehu House & Hajj Seat (Photos) / Photos Of Buhari Campaigning For Fayemi At Apc Mega Rally In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.