Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,839 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Conception Problems - Why Can’t I Get Pregnant? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conception Problems - Why Can’t I Get Pregnant? (536 Views)

The Amazing Herb That Helps Women Get Pregnant & Avoid Miscarriage / Fitbit-Style Wristband: Gadget Could Help Couples Get Pregnant / Are You Unable To Get Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conception Problems - Why Can’t I Get Pregnant? by ebony2012: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Have you been trying to get pregnant only to find that you are not having any success at it? If you have found yourself asking, why can’t I get pregnant, then you are going to want to take a little time to learn about all of the reasons that may be behind it. Some of the reasons are things that you might already be familiar with.
However, there may be some reasons that will take you by surprise. By learning as much as you can about what you can’t get pregnant, you might just be able to take action and turn things around for the better. Maybe today is the day where you start making changes for the better so that you can conceive as quickly as possible.

Nowadays, as soon as couples get married, one of the priorities has to do with conception. This is particularly true in the traditional African settings where I belong, as opposed to the western world where couples could decide to stay without planning to get pregnant for more than two years.

In most cases, the burden of not getting pregnant often times rest upon the women as opposed to both parties involved. Generally, medical practitioners believe that a couple could only begin to worry about not getting pregnant after engaging in frequent casual sex for between 6 – 12 months. During this period, it’s believed that all other things being equal, they should be positive news regarding their expectation.

There are several factors that prevent women from getting pregnant at the right time. These factors are not only limited to the women alone, but also the male counterpart.
Some of the possible reasons why you have not gotten pregnant yet
1. Stress could stop you from getting pregnant

Now, you might not want to believe that this is indeed true, but the fact of the matter is that stress has played a major role in not being able to conceive. You have probably heard a few stories about couples who have tried to have a baby for years, with no success. Then, they give up. They stop trying. They forget about it. Then, suddenly, they are expecting their first baby. This kind of thing happens all of the time and a lot of times, the reason is stress. Whether it is work, family or the sheer planning and over-thinking the act of becoming pregnant can prevent a pregnancy from taking place. When you start to ask yourself, why can’t I get pregnant, you are going to want to make sure that you are sitting down and examining your life to see if there are any stressful triggers that you are dealing with at the moment.

2. Physical Barriers can prevent conception

There is also the chance that you might be dealing with a physical barrier to becoming pregnant. These can include a tubal blockage, also known as tubal occlusion. When this happens, scarring can result and that scarring can prevent the egg from making its way to your uterus. There is a surgery that can be done, but it can take a toll on your body, which will ultimately increase your chances of having tubal pregnancies in the future.

Continue Reading...

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Doctors, Nurses, etc. Training Of Doctors In India Made Easy / Should I Run Away From This False Accusation. / Cancer Awareness Month, Kindly Raise Your Voice Not Your Bra (nobraday)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.