Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6139346 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
Konza - South Korea funded - Kenya Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) - will start soon. KAIST is modelled on the famed South Korea Advanced Institute of science and technology.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Next Up KONZA TECHNOPOLIS - This GOV funded technology city - the Silicon Sahara. This will be 25Kms square city.

Horizontal infrastructure and Project Tower ongoing.

Seriously?

Really?

Barbwire fence?

Is that not a farm you posted
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
NairobiWalker:

It's the same statisticians for Kenya right? Is it interesting how you're the first ones to rub into our faces how these statisticians rank your GDP as the largest in Africa yet disown them when they tell you that you have the largest poor population in Africa? grin grin. Please, don't make me call you a hypocrite again dear.

Same way you guys rub the western based poverty rates on our face and deny same western based GDP sources.
It takes 2 to Tango afterall.
***** Besides when you talk about people being extremely poor in Nigeria, that poverty is overwhelmingly rural northern Nigeria, so it can never come into relationship on how must urban Nigerian men live their lifestyles of spoiling women.

~~~~ Westerners say anyone who cannot spend 2 dollars a day is extremely poor. In Nigeria, that is about #750. Less than that amount of money can get someone nutritious 3 squire meals in Northern Nigeria. That's why they call these people extremely poor, but this same people are well fed and very healthy. Shouldn't extremely poor people be sickly, hopeless & starving ?? You yourself, do some reasoning on this. Remove the sake of arguing and judge it with common sense.

Please just stop. grin grin. I understand you're a direct beneficiary but of this spoiling so you'd try to encourage some men with low self esteem to do it but your comparisons are just stupid. You mean there's no other difference between you and Igbos pertaining natural resources, work culture, history etc that you have to decide Igbos are richer than you because of spoiling their women? Have you been to Germany or Netherlands or Scandinavia? In those countries, even a simple thing such as a date is not a man's responsibility but they split the bill and guess what, the average person from those countries is like 25 times richer than the average Igbo man. I hope their spoiling of women isn't working miracles like you think.

See, I told you there's nothing wrong with treating your woman right but there's a thin line between treating your woman right and foolishness

Imagine you comparing Europeans who have a very different working government and history with Igbos, WHILE I was comparing my people and Igbos who are under the same government and share a common history and heritage.
**** What you could have done is compare people from Advanced nations who spoil their women and those who don't.
Nowenuse is so right afterall when he said Kenyans lack good use of analogies. Sometimes the analogies you guys bring just makes one shakes her head.

~~~ Igbos have a very materialistic society that pushes them to work harder and that is why they may be richer on average than the other Nigerians, nothing else.

Ask any Nigerian and even the Igbos themselves, they will agree with you that Igbos marry at a later age than anyone else. I even heard that in some parts of Igbo land, you must build a house in your village before marriage, whereas in some other Nigerian tribes you can even get married in your father's house as a man grin

>>>> There is no other difference between Igbos and others Nigerians. I wish you could point it out.
You guys just wanna argue everything including our own cultures and lifestyles over here undecided

Lady, I know somebody who owns a mansion when I see one. See, there are some pretty well off Nigerians here who rent nice apartments and live a good life and nobody would doubt they have mansions back home but telling me somebody who shares a bedsitter with 5 other men and came here shortly but when the Visa expired he couldn't afford an air ticket back home thus resorted to 'hustling' has a mansion at home is just stupid. Nobody would build a mansion back in Nigeria and come here and live worse than a college student whose village fundraised to pay his school fees.

Well, I can't argue this anymore cos I don't know anything about Nigerians living in Kenya and how they live their lives. Until I witness first hand, then I will judge.
***** However, I can't take your biased views any seriously.

Many women will support materialism because it works to their advantage. 99.9% of the time, a materialistic relationship involves a man giving and a woman receiving. However, there's nothing good comes out of materialism. There are many reasons Southern Nigeria is richer than Northern Nigeria but I can assure you materialism is not one of them. It's just that a richer society doesn't always have the better culture than a poorer society. I know several men, including my uncle, who got nice jobs at a very young age but never made progress in life because they were busy spoiling women and the society pushed by young women was busy convincing them how real men spoil women and how it's ungentlemanly not to spoil a woman.

I don't really support materialism. However I don't support absolute non-materialism. I prefer a balance between both, cos I have seen the pros and cons of both.
***** Have you wondered why 99% of the people's names you see disgracing Nigeria outside Nigeria are Southern Nigerians? At same time an amazing percentage of those making Nigeria proud outside are same Southern Nigerians?
Some may think illiteracy of northern Nigerians is the cause, but that is largely untrue because we in the middlebelt are just as educated as the South. Materialism is the answer.... If you still think it's not, then pls I look forward to you to tell me the reason for the discrepancy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
Kenyan government has never been serious with konza city it was once allocated 800 million as the budget but iam happy today kenya starts a journey to achieve universal healthcare coverage uhuru kenyatta just launched one of the UHC pilot phase in kisumu 3 million kenyans will get free health care
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Konza - South Korea funded - Kenya Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) - will start soon. KAIST is modelled on the famed South Korea Advanced Institute of science and technology.

Not a single bag of cement has even been bought for you koza forest
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
It was a cattle ranch - so you're right - is still a farm

Konza city - Italian firm won contract for horizontal infrastructure - roads, water and etc
http://www.konzacity.go.ke/news/konza-takes-off-with-kes-39-billion-infrastructure-project-commencement/

Chinese are building the power infrastructure.

darfay:

Seriously?

Really?

Barbwire fence?

Is that not a farm you posted

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Nairobi is cosmopolitan

The governor is a Kamba
The senator is a Luhya
The deputy governor was Kikuyu but he resigned.
Nairobi has MPs from Luhya, Kikuyu, Luo, Kamba, Kalenjin, Somali communities. Anyone can become a politician in Nairobi. There's no particular dominant community in Nairobi's politics. Last parliament there was an Indian MP too and we've had white politicians winning.

Kisumu the dominant Language is Kiswahili followed by Luo.

Ok.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
let me help the Kenyans this is tatu city I like progress and I would never hate if something good happened for any other African country including Kenya even tho tatu city is not a smart city

Crawford schools I must commend them they started with a school eko Atlantic has plans for an international school but nothing has been done about it yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
genieluv:

No East African or even Southern or Central African nation has a lingua franca dominant in it's country that isn't the native language of the ethnic majority. (except Horn African nations like Ethiopia).

**** Widely used lingua francas have never been an African thing throughout history, not especially East and Southern Africa where there was no wide travelling and trade amongst the local tribes (not until the Arabs arrived at the coasts).

~~~ So, believing an African language lingua franca would have emerged besides Swahili which would have had as much influence as Swahili is nothing but wishful thinking.

Empires are another reason besides trade for the spread of lingua francas and we all know East Africa (outside horn africa) never had any empires or widely propagated cultures.

**** So, you guys should continually be grateful to the Arabs for giving you and helping you mobilize the best thing you could ever be proud of grin

Hausa incorporated Arabic words into their language because of islam. They did it through the Koran and not through Arab contact. The original Hausa words for every arabic used word in Hausa language are still intact and also used. Otherwise, We never had contact with Arabs.

***** I'm not trying to discredit swahili, just trying to point out the hypocrisy of you guys trying to discredit Nigerian pidgin while you take pride in Swahili which would never have existed without the Arabs who helped you create and mobilize the language among yourselves.

There you go @ NairobiWalker
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
Konza City - Horizontal infrastructure.
The main access road to Phase 1 under construction.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nowenuse:

You couldn't be more correct genie.

I love hearing Tanzanians when they speak or sing swahili, they just have this appeal and serious 'nativization' towards the language.

Kenyans on the other hand just speak rubbish. Most Kenyan songs are in English, while Tanzanians sing entire musics without adding a word of English.

Where is Kazikazi. You guys have to send a national warning to Kenya to tell them to stop speaking swahili, they bastardize the language and makes it look unnapealing.
Most Tanzanians speak Swahili from childhood.For many Tanzanians including myself,Swahili is our mother tongue.Its in our veins.

While for a Kenyan dude,He speaks his mother tongue(a tribal one) then he learns Swahili at a later stage.A result? A heavy and unattractive Swahili.

I always feel Kenyans don't have a real national language.When they speak English,it doesn't sound smooth.Most of them whom I met they struggle on pronunciation. Although they write it properly.
When it come to Swahili they do struggle still.When I meet with most Kenyans,they can't understand Swahili very well.

But again,we can't say Kenyans shouldn't try to speak a better Swahili.I think its good if they learn more. But I am surprised when they claim to know swahili,the only exception is for some guys of coastal Kenya.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
So TZ born in rural places do not speak their mother tongue (tribal language). I know you're not the smartest of folks - but try to lie intelligently. Most kenyans are fluent in 3 languages - their tribal language, Kiswahili and English. That is pretty awesome to me. All these languages are learnt from pre-primary - so I don't understand what you mean by later stage. Every 5 yr old kid in Kenya if born in rural will learn the 3 - and urban - the 2.
Kazikazi:
Most Tanzanians speak Swahili from childhood.For many Tanzanians including myself,Swahili is our mother tongue.Its in our veins.

While for a Kenyan dude,He speaks his mother tongue(a tribal one) then he learns Swahili at a later stage.A result? A heavy and unattractive Swahili.

I always feel Kenyans don't have a real national language.When they speak English,it doesn't sound smooth.Most of them whom I met they struggle on pronunciation. Although they write it properly.
When it come to Swahili they do struggle still.When I meet with most Kenyans,they can't understand Swahili very well.

But again,we can't say Kenyans shouldn't try to speak a better Swahili.I think its good if they learn more. But I am surprised when they claim to know swahili,the only exception is for some guys of coastal Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
tlann:
okay educate me then
About what exactly?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Konza City Office tower is nearing completion.
[img]http://www.jamiiforums.com/attachments/4yrsomt-jpg.357602/[/img]

That Kenya city will never come to light, Black Kenyans can build anything . grin grin they yet to build roads, sewage systems, elctircity line and even the first building is a Nine (9) stories building....
"Last year the authority awarded a 40 billion Kenyan shillings contract to Italian company Impresa Construzioni Guiseppe Maltauro (ICM) to among other things design, finance and build new roads and put in place storm-water drainage, water and sewerage systems and an electricity network.
Tanui said construction commenced on 3 August and is expected to be completed in 42 months (by this reckoning, by beginning of 2022)
" while eko atlantic has completed most of its infrastructure and building already springing up grin grin
Eko Atlantic

"ko Atlantic City (www.EkoAtlantic.com), a unique, innovative development, in a vibrant environment with 21st Century facilities on the coast of Lagos has reached advanced stagesin the first 5 million sq. metres of the project. The city not only boasts of independent power and water supply,seamless communications network but also anextensive citywide road network. This will be the first of its kind in Lagos and Nigeria.

The city, which is divided into 8 districts, is planned for mixed-use with commercial, residential, entertainment and leisure activities to make the city a 24/7 lively environment. City amenities and services will include an international school, hospital, and a high qualityshopping mall, the largest in sub Saharan Africa.

The city’s road design and construction has been built according to world’s best practices with beautifully paved sidewalks,tree-lined and streetlights completed with a stunning ocean view. One of the considerations when developing the Eko Atlantic city was to guarantee free flowing traffic. This has now been achieved with the major road network recently completed. The extensive road networks now clearly defined with an area in excess of 200,000 sq. meters. Most significantly Eko Boulevard, an 8 lane Boulevard, 1500M long ( similar to the 5th Avenue in New York) the focal point of the Business District is fully completed from Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island to the Ocean Front, where an exquisite waterfront entertainment is being planned

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
Each of these planned cities have their own momentum. Konza is 60KMS away from Nairobi. It's gov funded project. It's huge. We do not need CBDS - what for - we already have so many CBDS.

Why would we plan to build new CITY for Skyscrapper - when they are natural sprouting all over Nairobi?

I don't understand Eko City - a small corner of Victoria for Sky Scrapper smiley . What is wrong with existing Skyscrapper location?

I mean Tatu City is like Sandton - lifestyle city which contains everything. The same with NorthLand. They have districts for industries, for offices, for schools, for shopping centers, dams, recreation centers, name it. A complete city for residents.

Konza is a technopolis - a technology park . The idea is to create new silicon valley - attract technology companies, research institutions and universities.

68816419:

That Kenya city will never come to light, Black Kenyans can build anything . grin grin they yet to build roads, sewage systems, elctircity line and even the first building is a Nine (9) stories building....
"Last year the authority awarded a 40 billion Kenyan shillings contract to Italian company Impresa Construzioni Guiseppe Maltauro (ICM) to among other things design, finance and build new roads and put in place storm-water drainage, water and sewerage systems and an electricity network.
Tanui said construction commenced on 3 August and is expected to be completed in 42 months (by this reckoning, by beginning of 2022)
" while eko atlantic has completed most of its infrastructure and building already springing up grin grin
Eko Atlantic

"ko Atlantic City (www.EkoAtlantic.com), a unique, innovative development, in a vibrant environment with 21st Century facilities on the coast of Lagos has reached advanced stagesin the first 5 million sq. metres of the project. The city not only boasts of independent power and water supply,seamless communications network but also anextensive citywide road network. This will be the first of its kind in Lagos and Nigeria.

The city, which is divided into 8 districts, is planned for mixed-use with commercial, residential, entertainment and leisure activities to make the city a 24/7 lively environment. City amenities and services will include an international school, hospital, and a high qualityshopping mall, the largest in sub Saharan Africa.

The city’s road design and construction has been built according to world’s best practices with beautifully paved sidewalks,tree-lined and streetlights completed with a stunning ocean view. One of the considerations when developing the Eko Atlantic city was to guarantee free flowing traffic. This has now been achieved with the major road network recently completed. The extensive road networks now clearly defined with an area in excess of 200,000 sq. meters. Most significantly Eko Boulevard, an 8 lane Boulevard, 1500M long ( similar to the 5th Avenue in New York) the focal point of the Business District is fully completed from Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island to the Ocean Front, where an exquisite waterfront entertainment is being planned
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
PROVERBZ:
let me help the Kenyans this is tatu city I like progress and I would never hate if something good happened for any other African country including Kenya even tho tatu city is not a smart city

Crawford schools I must commend them they started with a school eko Atlantic has plans for an international school but nothing has been done about it yet
Looks more like residential estates than a new mega Project, you need to go through this " https://www.ekoatlantic.com" and understand what Mega projects looks like. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Trust me, people started viewing China as a possible super power centuries ago. Just like India. But Nigeria? Nah!

Pre world war 11 era, people only saw potentials in China due to their population, but if you talk of technological advancement or politics or anything else, then you are very wrong! Some decades ago, China had so much poverty like Africa today and they weren't a force to reckon with on the world level in any way. Their Japanese neighbours treated them as rags and subhumans.
**** China took the world unaware after the Mao revolution. Don't try me on history, this is my field. How China brought 800 million people out of poverty within a few decades is still a shock to the western world.

First, you may have the largest population in Africa but still there are many countries ahead of you that are doing extremely better than you. For a country with your population to be a superpower, it must be run extremely well. However, Nigeria is one of the worst run countries in the world. We love to see Kenya as poorly run but when we look at Nigeria, we feel like we aren't so badly off.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual. I used to see Kenya as a country's development to question Nigeria's current state, till I discovered the superficial and fake nature of Kenya's development. This makes me feel Nigeria is really trying.

Two, you love seeing yourself as hardworking but you'll never know the definition of hardworking until you visit countries such as Japan or Westen Europe. The problem with Africans is we think being busy is being hardworking. You walk into African cities and see everyone on the move hurrying and you think they're working but look at their productivity - you can't compare to Europe. Go to an African office, too many staff but you'll sit the whole day waiting for something as simple a signature. Meanwhile you'll see workers just there drinking tea, chatting and on Facebook all through.

Bro, we Africans are truly hard working. We just have a very corrupt and anti-people's government system.
If you tell me East Asians are hardworking, I believe you, not present day westernerns. Present day westernerns are just very smart and very privileged to reap off the exploits and spoils their parents accumulated.

****** I don't know about Kenyans, but Nigerians who perform average here outcompete westernerns in their various fields of endeavours in their countries.
Every Nigerian who arrives the west end up making great wealth within a period of time.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Why do you need that mega-project. Is this another Abuja. Lagos cannot be fixed or what? I mean EkoCity is already looking like one big failure...it will take so many years to get all those skyscrappers built - there is no pent up demand for office spaces in Lagos. There is already an oversupply because there are just few companies moving to LAGOS.

It like attempting to build Dubai out of the air grin

Tatu city is a complete city - where it's 250k residence live, work and play there. The same with Northland city. Konza is technology park. Big difference.

68816419:

Looks more like residential estates than a new mega Project, you need to go through this " https://www.ekoatlantic.com" and understand what Mega projects looks like. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Why do you need that mega-project. Is this another Abuja. Lagos cannot be fixed or what? I mean EkoCity is already looking like one big failure...it will take so many years to get all those skyscrappers built - there is no pent up demand for office spaces in Lagos. There is already an oversupply because there are just few companies moving to LAGOS.

It like attempting to build Dubai out of the air grin

Tatu city is a complete city - where it's 250k residence live, work and play there. The same with Northland city. Konza is technology park. Big difference.

why??

let me answer this question to seperate the men from the children not just one big project three big projects
eko Atlantic
centenary city
and enyimba economic city
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Each of these planned cities have their own momentum. Konza is 60KMS away from Nairobi. It's gov funded project. It's huge. We do not need CBDS - what for - we already have so many CBDS.

Why would we plan to build new CITY for Skyscrapper - when they are natural sprouting all over Nairobi?

I don't understand Eko City - a small corner of Victoria for Sky Scrapper smiley . What is wrong with existing Skyscrapper location?

I mean Tatu City is like Sandton - lifestyle city which contains everything. The same with NorthLand. They have districts for industries, for offices, for schools, for shopping centers, dams, recreation centers, name it. A complete city for residents.

Konza is a technopolis - a technology park . The idea is to create new silicon valley - attract technology companies, research institutions and universities.

they don't get it konza doesn't need skyscrappers in simple terms it is a technological industrial park as simple as that wakitaka skyscrapers wanaenda upperhill
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2018
genieluv:

Kenyan rural dwellers are not as self sufficient as those of rural northern Nigeria. And Kenya is not as cheap as Nigeria.

Srsly,where the actual eff do you get these assertions?? The average rural Kikuyu has his own eggs,milk,pork and veggies while he sells the excess! Fyi,a lot of these small holders are actually comfortably middle class.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Those are wet dream - centenary city will never get off ground and same with Enyimba - Eko City 15 yrs later looks desolate. You think you can just build Dubai out of air - where will people find jobs? who will be opening offices in Enyimba or Centenary city? You got LEGO cities that no one knows who will be doing what in them....somehow they will magically fill up and thrive like Dubai smiley

You need to start building industrial parks like Ethiopia are doing. This is where we are playing catch up.We have huge industrial parks planned - 1) Leather industrial park in Nairobi metro 2) Industrial park in Mombasa & Naivasha & several places.

This private one in Eldoret City is under constructions.

PROVERBZ:
why??
let me answer this question to seperate the men from the children not just one big project three big projects
eko Atlantic
centenary city
and enyimba economic city

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
Those are wet dream - centenary city will never get off ground and same with Enyimba - Eko City 15 yrs later looks desolate. You think you can just build Dubai out of air - where will people find jobs? who will be opening offices in Enyimba or Centenary city?

You need to start build industrial parks like Ethiopia are doing. This is where we are playing catch up.We have huge industrial parks planned - 1) Leather industrial park in Nairobi metro 2) Industrial park in Mombasa & Naivasha & several places.

This private one in Eldoret City is under constructions.

I laugh in Swahili work has began at centenary city and I will keep on updating this thread the first towers at the centenary city will be buhari towers

my be enyimba city might fail the contract was given to Chinese but aba as an industrial zone deserves what it got and am sure they won't let it slide all nigerias project as private sponsored except enyimba

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:

Just look at dust covered tatu with dust covered gutters at the side of the road (1st pic)

Now compare with Eko atlantic that has everything underground

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
I am just seeing a gate. Show me work done on horizontal infrastructure before we proceed.
PROVERBZ:
I laugh in Swahili work has began at centenary city and I will keep on updating this thread the first towers at the centenary city will be buhari towers

my be enyimba city might fail the contract was given to Chinese but aba as an industrial zone deserves what it got and am sure they won't let it slide all nigerias project as private sponsored except enyimba
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
So TZ born in rural places do not speak their mother tongue (tribal language). I know you're not the smartest of folks - but try to lie intelligently. Most kenyans are fluent in 3 languages - their tribal language, Kiswahili and English. That is pretty awesome to me. All these languages are learnt from pre-primary - so I don't understand what you mean by later stage. Every 5 yr old kid in Kenya if born in rural will learn the 3 - and urban - the 2.
I said most Tanzanians not all of them.I was born in rural areas but I didn't speak any tribal language,and I wasn't born in coastal areas.Mind you,all zanzibaris speak Swahili as a mother tongue although most of them are rural dwellers,same way to all coastal inhabitants,the same way to some rural Tanzanians and the rest of urban dwellers.

But I still repeat,most Kenyans are not fluent in Swahili,and are still not fluent in verbal English.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Yeah, it was not solely on beauty. Thank you. What I was telling you is, a single Miss World doesn't make you the most beautiful women in the world. For heaven's sake a transgender is on way to win a beauty pageant. The fact that every Nigerian speaks of this woman from 2001 tells the state of beauty in that country. grin
And who said a transgender cannot look beautiful? There are men who look naturally more beautiful than women and there are ugly looking women who get a surgery and look more beautiful afterwards.
****** So, I don't see how being a transgender disqualifies beauty for being a criteria for pageants.

Your beauty queen (who even knows her name grin) wouldn't win an Oscar either. This Lupita you keep dissing won the most beautiful woman in the world award in 2014. Not 2001. If we were like Nigerians we would be quoting that 50 years from now. grin

Nigerians talk about Agbani Darego because she was a trailblazer. It's just like saying Americans shouldn't talk about Obama or South Africans should talk about Mandela.
**** The world never imagined a black woman would be considered beautiful. She broke a barrier in the minds of hundreds of millions of Black women all over the world, making them know they could feel beautiful too smiley, after Centuries of colonization and slavery had made generations of Black women including yours and my mothers mothers feel inferior before western women on beauty levels.
You don't just try to downplay a great feat like this on the grounds of your personal insecurities/jealousy.

1. Do you even know the meaning of Habesha?
No, I don't, why don't you educate me? Smh grin

2. 98% of Ethiopians are cushites and they're all gorgeous. So what are you talking about?

This is not true. Are you trying to say all the Nilotic tribes of Ethiopia dominating Gambela, Benishangul-Gumuz and parts of Southern people and nationalities regions are just 2 million people?
~~~ Even if we go by your assertions, are we going to act as if the great semitic mix by pre-islamic Yemeni arabs never happened in Northern Ethiopia, to the extent that Amharas and Tigrays have been speaking a semitic language?
See who is asking me if I know the meaning of Habesha grin
Habeshas (Amharas, Tigrays etc) on average have 25- 30% Arab blood (proven by various DNA tests).

3. I'm talking of the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian is what I described. Why do you people love picking the tiny minorities that are doing well in particular field when comparing Nigeria yet pic the whole or the worst for other countries? Economically, you want us to compare southern Nigeria to the whole of Kenya, in beauty, you choose Northern Nigeria again to the whole of Kenya. grin

grin Can you tell us the minorities we pick when doing comparisons? There are about 100 million Southern Nigerians and 100 million northern Nigerians, who then are the minorities we pick ? grin
***** There are more than 40 million Hausa-fulani women in Nigeria, then you add the Shuwa arabs. Then add other northerners who look like them and those who do not look like them but have mixed with them and now look like them.

>>>>> I thought you wanted to say yes 'Habesha women are prettier than Nigerian hausa-fulani and other northern women', then watch me as I bombard this thread with pictures as I challenge you to a picture contest.

¤¤¤¤ Nigeria is the spice of Africa. We have every flavour of women. You want the real thick African woman?Yoruba and other southern/central women are there to give you a run! You want the Arab looking kind of round faces? Hausa-fulani and other northern/central women are there. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Landscapping - using grass - is better than concrete monstrsity you're building. And you can see already Tatu city is thriving. Eko has one lonely car and one tower more than 15yrs later.
darfay:

Just look at dust covered tatu with dust covered gutters at the side of the road (1st pic)

Now compare with Eko atlantic that has everything underground

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
We are fluent enough to communicate and use Swahili. Your English is so pathetic it is pretty useless. That is big difference.
Kazikazi:
I said most Tanzanians not all of them.I was born in rural areas but I didn't speak any tribal language,and I wasn't born in coastal areas.Mind you,all zanzibaris speak Swahili as a mother tongue although most of them are rural dwellers,same way to all coastal inhabitants,the same way to some rural Tanzanians and the rest of urban dwellers.

But I still repeat,most Kenyans are not fluent in Swahili,and are still not fluent in verbal English.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
rvp20183:
I am just seeing a gate. Show me work done on horizontal infrastructure before we proceed.
show me konza city first and I promise I will ask the centenary city handler for aerial pictures or drive from jos to abuja and take the pictures my self
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2018
They don't exist. Project is dead. There is no Buhari tower. Just proposals.
PROVERBZ:
show me konza city first and I promise I will ask the centenary city handler for aerial pictures or drive from jos to abuja and take the pictures my self
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
genieluv:

And who said a transgender cannot look beautiful? There are men who look naturally more beautiful than women and there are ugly looking women who get a surgery and look more beautiful afterwards.
****** So, I don't see how being a transgender disqualifies beauty for being a criteria for pageants.
Who said it does? I was simply explaining to you why a single Miss world doesn't make Nigeria the beauty capital of Africa.

Nigerians talk about Agbani Darego because she was a trailblazer. It's just like saying Americans shouldn't talk about Obama or South Africans should talk about Mandela.
**** The world never imagined a black woman would be considered beautiful. She broke a barrier in the minds of hundreds of millions of Black women all over the world, making them know they could feel beautiful too smiley, after Centuries of colonization and slavery had made generations of Black women including yours and my mothers mothers feel inferior before western women on beauty levels.
You don't just try to downplay a great feat like this on the grounds of your personal insecurities/jealousy.

There's no downplaying, it's just that you guys overdo it like it's never-seen achievement. See you're comparing her to Mandela now. grin. It's just stupid.

No, I don't, why don't you educate me? Smh grin
You shouldn't talk about it if you don't.

This is not true. Are you trying to say all the Nilotic tribes of Ethiopia dominating Gambela, Benishangul-Gumuz and parts of Southern people and nationalities regions are just 2 million people?
They're very few in number. I told you Cushites population in Ethiopia is in the range of 98%

~~~ Even if we go by your assertions, are we going to act as if the great semitic mix by pre-islamic Yemeni arabs never happened in Northern Ethiopia, to the extent that Amharas and Tigrays have been speaking a semitic language?
See who is asking me if I know the meaning of Habesha grin
Habeshas (Amharas, Tigrays etc) on average have 25- 30% Arab blood (proven by various DNA tests).
Oromos are also equally beautiful and so are Somalis so what's your point?

grin Can you tell us the minorities we pick when doing comparisons? There are about 100 million Southern Nigerians and 100 million northern Nigerians, who then are the minorities we pick ? grin
***** There are more than 40 million Hausa-fulani women in Nigeria, then you add the Shuwa arabs. Then add other northerners who look like them and those who do not look like them but have mixed with them and now look like them.
When I look at BBC documentaries about Kano, I see ordinary looking people. Nothing special. I don't know why you're making a big deal about them.

>>>>> I thought you wanted to say yes 'Habesha women are prettier than Nigerian hausa-fulani and other northern women', then watch me as I bombard this thread with pictures as I challenge you to a picture contest.

Stop narrowing down just to make Nigeria look good. The average Ethiopian woman is way more beautiful than the average Nigerian woman.

¤¤¤¤ Nigeria is the spice of Africa. We have every flavour of women. You want the real thick African woman?Yoruba and other southern/central women are there to give you a run! You want the Arab looking kind of round faces? Hausa-fulani and other northern/central women are there. grin

Most African countries have those flavors, it just happens that Nigerian flavor has nothing on the East African flavour. (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi) and the Horn flavour (Ethiopia, Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.