Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6140229 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2018
rvp2018:
120 PLUS South Africa companies in Nigeria including dominant ones like Eskom,Mtn, SAB Miller, Stanbic Bank and name them.What saves Nigeria from a complete rout is their protectionist policy.South Africa companies in Kenya are handful and none is dominant.We have buried many South Africans firms in Kenya and seen them leave without their shirt..not thro protection but business competition like they didnt expect.EABL kicked SAB miller arse so bad they will never attempt.MTN have tried to find a way in but they know Safaricom will bury them alive..they are everywhere but Nairobi.Same with Eskom.Stanbic despite buying CFC continue to slip unable to face competition..in Uganda and most of the countries like TZ they dominate like crazy.DSTV probably the dominant in sports paytv in kenya is partnership with KBC..multichoice.Shoprite and Game are rearing their ugly heads finally after 10yrs of salivation coz of Nakumatt trouble but they wont survive long time..Tuskys, Naivas and Nakumatt will beat them and send them back to Tz or UG or Nigeria.We lost count of how many south african stores attempted and failed before..cash n carry, woolworth.South Africa airways attempted but KQ didnt even wait for them to get Nairobi..KQ beat them in Tanzania and left them saddled in debts..they ran away leaving TZ without a national carrier.Then you hear Nigeria paper tigers like Dangote and their little banks coming for their funeral in kenya..and you laugh.If South African firms have failed for 30yrs to get foothold in kenya economy..How will Nigeria make it.Dominate Kenya..you got jokes..our private sector is only second to South Africa and we run a free market based economy.
Stanbic bank is among the biggest in Kenya, stop lying.

Sab Miller is now SA company. Wow just wow.

MTN is in Kenya, no?

Eskom dominant in Nigeria? LMAO

Stanbic Bank is not among the biggest bank in Nigeria.

Show us proof that Kenya's private sector is bigger than Nigeria's. Simple.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:
Did I hear Obafool say Brookside is not Kenyan? grin Which company is more Kenyan than Brookside? These stupid Nigerians live in a bubble, especially the villagers. Those who live in other countries like Runalong are at least better but still have some deep seated Nigerianism in them. But these villagers like Obaboon, No-ones-anus and her hypocrisy the queen Genieluv, those are special cases. grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2018
forgiveness:

Did Opande lead the two operations that stopped the war? grin

Don't forget Opande UN were trapped and captured like rat before those two operations. grin
Go and read about Sierra Leone civil war
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 28, 2018
rvp2018:
They can never succeed outside nigeria without favours.They get rolled over and owned by South African firms in their country.They refuse to sign Ecowas custom union.They will never sign Africa Free Trade.They ban import of nearly everything so their politicians can dish import license to their selected firms.

You know nigeria very well now. Still thinking about importing about importing. When order african countries are manufacture
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2018
These Kenyans can twist stories.Making it look like Kenyan companies are so huge.Yes they are huge on Kenya but they are just local champions.They can't step foot outside Kenya.They are lucky they didn't compare our militaries.That would have been suicide!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:35am On Dec 28, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

MTN is in Kenya, no?

Biggest banks in kenya are
Kenya commercial bank owned by the govt
Equity bank owned by kikuyus
Cooperative bank
Mtn is not in kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2018
abbeg:
These Kenyans can twist stories.Making it look like Kenyan companies are so huge.Yes they are huge on Kenya but they are just local champions.They can't step foot outside Kenya.They are lucky they didn't compare our militaries.That would have been suicide!
Your military that rans away from boko haram
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2018
abbeg:
If it's military Nigeria destroys Kenya on every level

A military which cannot manufacture anything
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Which manufacturing does nigeria have. Nigeria does not even make top 10 in africa
Show us manufacturing of African countries, not their competitiveness.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2018
I laugh at this Kenyansh wen they said they don't watch our Nigeran movie? Just take a good look at this grin grin They even know their names shocked shocked and this foolish Kenyansh are here fooling their selves grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 10:48am On Dec 28, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

You have started your lying again. Nigeria manufactures nothing nigeria oliver packages. I am going to expose you and your life here.
Get the Bleep away from me you lazy ,pained kibera explorer who would soon die some day of heart attack over Nigeria's issue.I don't care whether you are one little Indian slave or one God forsaken pained ipobists ,so I beg you,get off my mentions.

You always look for stats to massage your backward delluded watery Ego. Nigerias manufacturing sector is slightly behind SA,Egypt and maybe Morocco. Some stats rank Nigeria ahead of morocco. I don't need to Argue with you because you don't worth it.Even if you are a Nigerian doesn't make you badmouth and rant ruthlessly about your country.

Go and get a life because your psychology seems to be depreciating considering the way you talk like an empty - noisy barrel.

I wonder if the Kenyans comprehend and apprehend you smoothly
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2018
tylann:

Biggest banks in kenya are
Kenya commercial bank owned by the govt
Equity bank owned by kikuyus
Cooperative bank
Mtn is not in kenya
You mentioned only three. List the top ten Banks in Kenya.

MTN is not in Kenya? Which village in Kenya are you from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

A military which cannot manufacture anything
Give us a comprehensive list of what Kenya's military manufacture.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2018
rvp2018:
When did Brookside cease being Kenya.I know they sold 40% to French dairy conglomerate Dandone but it remain majority owned by Kenyatta.Prepare to start drinking Brookside milk soon.Helios enough evidence suggest it London PE with major stake by Nairobi $ Lagos.Kenya has way more homegrown multinationals than Nigeria..in almost every sector kenya companies have operation in East and part of Southern Africa.Not just Dangote and your Banks and Helios.If Nigeria sign free trade youll see kenyan companies in Lagos competing with South African.
Kenyatta has only 50% stake. It's no longer a Kenyan company since it has foreign ownership as well. Why is it impossible for Kenyans to own anything by themselves?grin
Below are the owners of brookside and what they own.Now show me the owners of Helios and what they own. Failure to do that leaves Helios a Nigerian company. You and the kiberawalker can throw as much tantrum as you like, the narrative remains the same.

Brookside Dairy Limited Stock Ownership
Rank Name of Owner Percentage Ownership
1 Kenyatta Family 50.0
2 Danone 40.0
3 The Abraaj Group 10.0
Total 100.00
grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2018
tylann:

Dangote ran away from kenya himself
He expected to be given Freeland and 10 year tax holiday
That will never happen in kenya
face what I said and tell me its not true that Dangote and Tony Elumely are empowering your Lazy jobless youth.

A Kenyan lady after receiving are award burst into tears and fell into the arms of Tony Elemu.

Now tell me that out of all.our top 100 companies,a white owns them or out of them.

Nairobi CBD buildings are owned by Whites and maybe Indian Kenyan or Chinese Kenyan and not by real kenyans.

[b]Who owns your biggest mall with picture?
who.owns mpesa with pictures?
who.owns your big banks
who controls your Airport with pictures ?[b]

AND
it seems you've run out of same recycled photoshopped Nairobi CBD pictures developed by your whites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

MTN is in Kenya, no?

You're stupid.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:02am On Dec 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

You're stupid.
Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2018
rvp2018:
You have never been unitary..youre federal.Ours is unitary with devolution post 2010

We are unitary in the sense that Abuja controls everywhere even though we have the state govts. In the past we were regional, where the center was very week and every region lived and developed independently from each other, just like you have in the UK.. ..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

Access Bank Group: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Rwanda, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Zambia.

First Bank of Nigeria: South Africa, Ghana, Sierra Leone, DRC, Guinea, Senegal.

Zenith Bank: Ghana, South Africa, Sierra Leone.

UBA: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo brazzavile, Cote d'ivoir, DRC, Gabon, Guinea, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Ugandan, Zambia.

GT Bank: Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.

Globacom: Ghana, Benin, Cote d'ivoire.

Aiteo group: Morroco, Algeria, Angola, Niger, Gabon, Ghana, DRC.

Dangote Group: Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa and Zambia.

Oando plc: Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic.

Interswitch: Kenya, Uganda, Ghana.

Sahara Group: Ghana, Cote d'ivoire, Tanzania, Zambia, Guinea.

Irokotv: Kenya, Ghana.

Let's even leave Jumia out of this. This did not take 10mins. Then imagine if I should spend more time looking for Nigerian companies in Africa.

It is very good you posted this list.
Oando plc employees less than 1000 people.
Sahara group employees less than 1000 people
Interswitch employees under 500 people

So what do these companies do with all their money. Keep it in developed countries just like dangote or this companies falsify their revenues. a lot of these are massive companies but they donot employed people they keep their money abroad. With all the nigerian billionaires what do they do with their money in european and american banks

Portland pretoria cement employs 20000 people 1 south african company
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:11am On Dec 28, 2018
genieluv:

We are unitary in the sense that Abuja controls everywhere even though we have the state govts. In the past we were regional, where the center was very week and every region lived and developed independently from each other, just like you have in the UK.. ..
It might possibly be the best for us right now.

Decentralization of power might fast track our infrastructural deficit for now
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 11:12am On Dec 28, 2018
tylann:

Your military that rans away from boko haram
Prove it.You guys haven't finished with alshaabab yet you are dissing our own struggle.Which we are by the way winning.The media just capitalizes on our losses since they sell more.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2018
ednited:

It mainly affect the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo church, because the first member who decided this was the Tewahdo church. But still the Protestants and Catholic are following the tewahdo church on this.

I don't know why we celebrate separately but I believe our church is right. Many people criticize our time of celebting holidays. . .some ask why Ethiopia has to have her own new year. We are totally brain washed that we only think the white people are right. Don't get me wrong, but I trust my ancestors more than any one. The new year celebrated by the world is at the wrong time. The months are named by gods and even there was a reason why almost all Ethiopian months have 30 days. The last month in Ethiopia (Puagme), has 5 days and it will become 6 in each leap year. Puagme 7 will exist once in 600 years, and something will happen in that day (I forgot). I will try to read again more on that and also on the Christmas date. I was really convinced hearing our deacon explaining about all this.If you had known Amharic, I would have sent you the link

I am bad at remembering date . . .but I know we celebrate Christmas few days after you guys do.

Interesting. I learnt that the Ethiopian orthodox church has been isolated from other orthodox churches for 15 centuries and hence evolved new practices of it's own.

~~~~ I don't mean to be offensive, but I have once watched a documentary on the Ethiopian orthodox church and my oh my, it felt very very strange and very different from every other church I had seen. Apparently, you guys use entirely different books of the New testament & Old testament maybe?

****** I guess Pentecostal & Catholic Ethiopians have been heavily influenced by Ethiopian christian culture, hence they find it so hard to deviate from the culture.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2018
jaycent:
I laugh at this Kenyansh wen they said they don't watch our Nigeran movie? Just take a good look at this grin grin They even know their names shocked shocked and this foolish Kenyansh are here fooling their selves grin

Stupid Nigerians always posting on Kenya's social media groups for relevance.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

Access Bank Group: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Rwanda, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Zambia.

First Bank of Nigeria: South Africa, Ghana, Sierra Leone, DRC, Guinea, Senegal.

Zenith Bank: Ghana, South Africa, Sierra Leone.

UBA: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo brazzavile, Cote d'ivoir, DRC, Gabon, Guinea, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Ugandan, Zambia.

GT Bank: Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.

Globacom: Ghana, Benin, Cote d'ivoire.

Aiteo group: Morroco, Algeria, Angola, Niger, Gabon, Ghana, DRC.

Dangote Group: Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa and Zambia.

Oando plc: Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic.

Interswitch: Kenya, Uganda, Ghana.

Sahara Group: Ghana, Cote d'ivoire, Tanzania, Zambia, Guinea.

Irokotv: Kenya, Ghana.

Let's even leave Jumia out of this. This did not take 10mins. Then imagine if I should spend more time looking for Nigerian companies in Africa.

Dangote is in Tanzania and Iroko tv is in Kenya too.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

It is very good you posted this list.
Oando plc employees less than 1000 people.
Sahara group employees less than 1000 people
Interswitch employees under 500 people

So what do these companies do with all their money. Keep it in developed countries just like dangote

Portland pretoria cement employs 20000 people 1 south african company

What do I care about their employees as far as they are present in those countries.

Dangote group employs about 30,000 people, so what's your point.

And I like how Kenyans always bring in SA to make a point. This is about Nigeria And Kenya, not SA.

Show me a Kenyan company that employs 20,000 people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2018
tylann:

Your are an ignorant woman
Those places are not overcrowded and that is where your Nigerian brothers live ten per room now living ten per room is overcrowding
And in kenya rent is paid monthly not per annum

What is my business if Nigerians in Kenya live in such overcrowded houses? It's the Kenyan housing system because Nigeria does not have such mass housing, where thousands of people live in one building.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

You mentioned only three. List the top ten Banks in Kenya.

MTN is not in Kenya? Which village in Kenya are you from?
Those are the biggest banks in kenya
Which mtn are you talking about
Mtn is not in kenya
Telecommunications companies in kenya are
Safaricom which has 65 % of the market share
Airtel
Telekom
Equitel owned by equity bank
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2018
genieluv:

Now ya just confusing me ..is Nigeria not a federation or not cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 11:21am On Dec 28, 2018
genieluv:

Dangote is in Tanzania and Iroko tv is in Kenya too.
what is Iroko tv seriously grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2018
tylann:

Those are the biggest banks in kenya
Which mtn are you talking about
Mtn is not in kenya
Telecommunications companies in kenya are
Safaricom which has 65 % of the market share
Airtel
Telekom
Equitel owned by equity bank
Those are not the biggest banks in Kenya. That's like me saying UBA, GT and first bank are the only big banks in Nigeria.
Mention the top ten Banks in Kenya.

MTN is in Kenya, just check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2018
I noticed this thing.They keep dragging S.A. to back them up on their lies.Telling us different stories forgetting we have Google! Every time we expose them yet they come back for more!grin.I have to give it to them.They are resilientgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Her Hypocrisy the Queen, yet you were justifying Nigerians living in this crap below? Wow, you just hit a new low..............FYI, your Nigerian brothers crowd in those houses so much we often wonder what poor people live like over there if your better off can come here and be comfortable living like that. Of all Africans, it is a Nigerian who's pretending to never be able to survive overcrowding. Lord have mercy. grin grin grin

If you cannot respond to a comment without name calling and utter childishness, I cannot dignify you with a response.

**** Just for the records, the last picture is a market, people trade there but do not live, sleep and wake up there.... Mpape having jampacked houses is not synonymous with thousands of people living in one building.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.