Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1084154 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (2490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
rvp2018:
You cannot run electronic and manual system. It defeats the whole purpose. We already have one world most expensive election - spending almost 500M usd...enough to build a metro line in small city - by investing in technology.

I have seen analysis done on 2017 election - first election had 1.5M people not identified by fingerprints - and 2nd one had 0.3M - and interesting thing - nationally biometric identified 98% of the voters - except in Northern Kenya especially Mandera, Garissa, Wajir - the likes where upto 50% of voters were not identified.

Manual register aids rigging into two areas
1) Remote Northern Kenya - where mass ballot stuffing happens
2) Stronghold of the candidate - where opposing agents are not allowed and IEBC local staff collude to ensure high turnout - last minute they cross the names of those who havent turned up - and insert fake ballots.

If IEBC stick to their guns - and disallow the easy to manipulate manual register - then I expected turnout to come down to 70-72%
Most rigged areas are Northern Kenya - those strange turnout figures - will go back to historical lows of 50-60%.
Nearly half of voters in place like Mandera were clearly manipulated.
Next victim is stronghold rigging - in this election Luo and Kalenjin land likely to collude as nearly everyone support their tribal cause including IEBC local staff - also agents from opposing side will find going rough to stop rigging - they can only clandestinely report rigging.

In summary Raila wants manual register so he can 1) continue rigging his Luo Nyanza stronghold and 2) Uhuru can help him rig the northern kenya.

Yet when Ruto is beaten to a pulp he will be the first to shout that some EVIDs in his strongholds failed.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
rvp2018:
No, debt to gdp, these are conscious decision people take. It start from the budget. You cannot steal outside the budget. Ruto has been out of gov for 5yrs - debt to gdp has become even more terrible.

Kibaki indeed benefitted from the democracy dividends like the re-admission of kenya to Paris club of creditors and debt restructuring thereof - but he took very deliberate actions to reduce debt -and one of them was to finance budget deficit by sale of kenya public assets.Kibaki sold Kengen, Kenren and of course Safaricom - whopping 25% of it - earning enough money to finance deficit. Gov has to watch those macro-economic figures like a hawk watches his prey - Kenya when it cross 60% - should have stopped borrowing - and switching to finance budget through privisation or such schemes.

Jubilee is a victim of it's infrastructure success - because it has come with huge debt burden - and what Ndii has done - is to re-focus the gov from investing in infrastructure - whose ROI is long term - and focus on short & medium term goals.

Ndii is proposing to shift public investment to private sector through PPPs - and also to increase investment from savings - this mean you will soon be paying more for NSSF, Pension funds will have more money , housing levy.

This will reduce the need to borrow - and budget deficit will reduce to 3% in 4-5yrs - and we could have a balanced budget like we did during kibaki regime.

Another thing I should remind you about Ndii is that he's a horribly sore loser. Rem in the last election when his man Rao was beaten he was the first to quip splitting the country into two.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Shma:

I was still a toddler in Moi's regime. But as things seems to be--- that man did nothing eligible on infrastructure & ICT yet he borrowed dozen of trillions. That is a classical case of Nana... But I might be wrong.

On the flip side, I think he did something immense in the education sector.

He was the original mr moneybags. Too bad you toddlers saddam and mtis never got to experience the incredible wonders of dictatorship. By the time he was exiting I had a full decade on the planet. Not too young or old. He used to walk around in a briefcase full of money. Dude used to literary carry the treasury in his hands dishing out mulla to people he liked grin If you mentioned ICT he'd have thought you were planning to overthrow him. Funny guy, he would be in church and across the street his political rivals were having their balls squeezed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGqkZHq48s
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kazikazi:
They study arts.
You can't do heavy stuff like science with empty bellies. It's simply impossible and suicidal grin

what are you doing with your airline?

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 12:00am On Jul 04, 2022
Let me see you go low low

Buga won grin

If you know you know.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:22am On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

Yet when Ruto is beaten to a pulp he will be the first to shout that some EVIDs in his strongholds failed.
It's better for some to fail than for mass ballot stuffing
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:28am On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

He was the original mr moneybags. Too bad you toddlers saddam and mtis never got to experience the incredible wonders of dictatorship. By the time he was exiting I had a full decade on the planet. Not too young or old. He used to walk around in a briefcase full of money. Dude used to literary carry the treasury in his hands dishing out mulla to people he liked grin If you mentioned ICT he'd have thought you were planning to overthrow him. Funny guy, he would be in church and across the street his political rivals were having their balls squeezed.

Moi doesn't get credit for surviving 10 yrs of sanctions.Youre too young.I was in university in his last decade.Moi remained incredibly popular because Kenya was an oasis of peace and development in the region.All the reforms that moi did in 90s Kibaki benefitted from.Kra formation, stability of banks, development of domestic borrowing, safaricom and related mobile tech.Moi stayed for long in power because he was very flexible...you can only compare moi to his contemporaries in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:31am On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

Another thing I should remind you about Ndii is that he's a horribly sore loser. Rem in the last election when his man Rao was beaten he was the first to quip splitting the country into two.
Yes he has very low emotional iq and that why he will be restricted to economic..Ruto has managed him so far by clearly defining his terms...he is terrible in politics..so he ain't involved in it now
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2022
popizaino:

Buga won grin

If you know you know.

It's good all these things are happening now because the rulling party is full of hypocrites and boastful individuals.

All those Pastors and opinion leaders who have kept quiet under this regime will forever shut up cos the day they speak out that will be their worst days in their lifes cos supporters of both the government and opposition party will slaughter them with insults .

Ghana's future is very pregnant

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2022
gallivant:

Proper ranking....

@samorobo... Chech this graph from the Imf wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2022
POKUASI2:
it's just one those populist, not well thought out political decisions I'm talking about.
Introduction of free senior secondary education was entirely a political one and it is part of the reason the country is where it is today.
And how wasteful the govt is.
Imagine a govt of 30million population with 110 ministers and almost a thousand presidential staffers.
He went ahead and created 6 more regions with each region producing a region minister plus other representations that'll require wages and what not.
On the economic side of things, things never moved further from where the other administration stopped

I rmbr asking the question on ToT and was told smth about proper representation,IIRC. Maybe they misunderstood the question!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Why posting here bro ?
Post in the technical thread or the other military thread , best to discuss there

Nemesis2u account is deleted , so no point tagging it grin

Hurjet is yet to fly so cannot challenge anything as of now

Unfortunately sources for the engines are pretty limited ,so either this side or that side grin

Ohh ishyt! My bad-I was multitasking after a half of this.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2022
With expected devaluation of many currencies - this list will change a lot - Egypt or South Africa will come tops. Nigeria might get 40% haircut. Now you - seem to go IMF nominal GPD - when favourable - and PPP when unfavourable.
jl115:

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2022
Kazikazi:
Khekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhe grin
Son,why are u this low IQ?
Do u believe a the guy who is holding a heavy suckbag with his both hands claims the bag cant fall off his sholders and at the same time he is holding it with hands?
Son,
That was an act.Get brain.The boy holding that luggage in the shoulder is a conman.

Dude, do you think I believe in magic and witchcraft? If so I have failed with you. sad
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2022
vankelvin:

It's good all these things are happening now because the rulling party is full of hypocrites and boastful individuals.

All those Pastors and opinion leaders who have kept quiet under this regime will forever shut up cos the day they speak out that will be their worst days in their lifes cos supporters of both the government and opposition party will slaughter them with insults .

Ghana's future is very pregnant

Those people are far reached so let deal with the one within our reach which is just.40 who pride himself as an learned and exposed person. That idiot will bring whatever to tell you Ghana economic is doing well while reality says otherwise. I can remember him trolling me after the election thinking JDM not winning has anything to do with me but the fool did not not all of us don't want the well being of Ghana like himself. The only good thing is that the Ashanti who vote according to tribal line will definitely learn their lessons now.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2022
rvp2018:
With expected devaluation of many currencies - this list will change a lot - Egypt or South Africa will come tops. Nigeria might get 40% haircut. Now you - seem to go IMF nominal GPD - when favourable - and PPP when unfavourable.
Nope, PPP is still the better method when comparing countries, this would obviously put Egypt ahead of SA.

The discussion we were having was about GDP nominal, that's it.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser. Dr Ndii explain Ruto gov manifesto - and knocks it out of the park for poor Azimio.
https://twitter.com/DavidNdii/status/1543880188794179584

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2022
Some many gems from Dr Ndii response

I like he compared IMF austerity measures (that generally harm the country) with what the unorthodox (heredotox) measures they proposing to fix kenya debt crisis.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
rvp20182:
It's better for some to fail than for mass ballot stuffing

Seems like the ref has bowed to pressure, pending a court case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pd.co.ke/august-9/manual-voters-list-iebc-bows-to-pressure-135407/%3famp

Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has bowed to pressure from political parties to provide a manual register at each polling station. The register will be used as a complimentary method of voter identification should the electronic kits fail on polling day.

Under the Elections Amendments Act, section 44 A states that the commission shall put in place a complimentary mechanism for identification of voters and transmission of election results that is simple, accurate, verifiable, secure, accountable and transparent to ensure that the commission complies with Article 38 of the Constitution. The section was passed in Parliament after the Supreme Court nullified the August 8, 2017 presidential election. In their ruling, the judges cited massive irregularities and illegalities.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
rvp20182:
Moi doesn't get credit for surviving 10 yrs of sanctions.Youre too young.I was in university in his last decade.Moi remained incredibly popular because Kenya was an oasis of peace and development in the region.All the reforms that moi did in 90s Kibaki benefitted from.Kra formation, stability of banks, development of domestic borrowing, safaricom and related mobile tech.Moi stayed for long in power because he was very flexible...you can only compare moi to his contemporaries in Africa

Was he really popular? Maybe in his home turf. Where am from we couldn't even breathe. Thats why the entire country breathed a collective sigh of relief when he finally bowed out. I don't think he should get credit for surviving sanctions because he caused them himself in the first place. Can't get credit for surviving self-induced predicaments. Only thing I sympathize with him was that he became a monster courtesy of Raila and his fellow anarchists in the 82 coup attempt.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
jl115:
Nope, PPP is still the better method when comparing countries, this would obviously put Egypt ahead of SA.

The discussion we were having was about GDP nominal, that's it.

Expound your argument! In terms of what exactly? Productivity... Wealth... standard of living or everything that lies within the scope of economy? Don't be shallow in your submission. Tell us more. Also, drop some conceptual analysis - comparing Ppp with nominal GDP & why purchasing power parity is the best index to do a comparison between countries.

NB
I'm not disputing the fact that ppp does comparison.. But I know specific areas which it does. Now the onus is on you to tell us why you concluded up with the emboldened. cool
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
rvp2018:
Tayser. Dr Ndii explain Ruto gov manifesto - and knocks it out of the park for poor Azimio.

Will go through later, am actually wheezing on the expressway to grab a late bite.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

grin grin grin grin grin

I thought this is the real moi, then I realized he is just a comedian. You've cracked my ribs already grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

Seems like the ref has bowed to pressure, pending a court case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pd.co.ke/august-9/manual-voters-list-iebc-bows-to-pressure-135407/%3famp

Wrong reporting.There are temporary exparte orders to allow manual..the case will be heard interparty and that will be the final decision

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

Was he really popular? Maybe in his home turf. Where am from we couldn't even breathe. Thats why the entire country breathed a collective sigh of relief when he finally bowed out. I don't think he should get credit for surviving sanctions because he caused them himself in the first place. Can't get credit for surviving self-induced predicaments. Only thing I sympathize with him was that he became a monster courtesy of Raila and his fellow anarchists in the 82 coup attempt.
Moi got 40 percent in 1997 at height of crippling sanctions...Raila as popular as he has become has scored 45 percent of around.Moi was popular among the small tribes... Sanctions was caused opposition telling donors it would make moi unpopular..it never worked
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
Shma:

Expound your argument! In terms of what exactly? Productivity... Wealth... standard of living or everything that lies within the scope of economy? Don't be shallow in your submission. Tell us more. Also, drop some conceptual analysis - comparing Ppp with nominal GDP & why purchasing power parity is the best index to do a comparison between countries.

NB
I'm not disputing the fact that ppp does comparison.. But I know specific areas which it does. Now the onus is on you to tell us why you concluded up with the emboldened. cool
I've told you and rvp2018 this same thing many times ... But I'll do it again..... GDP nominal is the simple measurement of the value of goods and services in US dollars.... However the problem lies in the fact that goods and services are not equally priced in every country hence what $100 buys you in the US is not the same as what $100 buys you in Kenya( aka difference in PPP)

Thus a basket of goods in the US might cost $100 but for the same basket it might only cost $50 in Kenya now for argument sake if a countries gdp was based of only this one basket the GDP nominal would be $100 for the US but only $50 for Kenya however this obviously isn't a fair comparison and isn't a true reflection of the countries wealth

The fact is PPP measures goods and services at the prices that they are locally and thus compares the absolute purchasing power of the countries own currencies.

GDP nominal is in fact a horrible and outdated way of comparing economies
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
popizaino:

Those people are far reached so let deal with the one within our reach which is just.40 who pride himself as an learned and exposed person. That idiot will bring whatever to tell you Ghana economic is doing well while reality says otherwise. I can remember him trolling me after the election thinking JDM not winning has anything to do with me but the fool did not not all of us don't want the well being of Ghana like himself. The only good thing is that the Ashanti who vote according to tribal line will definitely learn their lessons now.

I love them but unfortunately they are our biggest problem. Their hatred for NDC is out of this world and it makes no sense at all.
They prefer to suffer under an NPP government than to progress under an NDC government.

One thing I always tell my colleagues is "NO well educated/enlightened human being will Vote one political party all the time",
one needs to look at the issues, read the political temperature of the country, compare candidates, check their track record before voting for them. This party support or party affiliation makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
jl115:

All of this Gdp Nigeria is just fooling themselves because are owing a lot of money you put the GDP . Right now you are only 110 billion US dollars

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
popizaino:

Buga won grin

If you know you know.

You're really taking the piss out of this. The spoiler alert had me in tears. grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tayser:

Thought you were kikuyu and rvps agemate. grin I really can't remember much from that time except from Kibakis ascend to power.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
All good except it hard to keep PPP accurate; the dollar is very responsive to economic changes and tells a truer picture very fast; unless the forex market is rigged (fixed); so nominal GDP is de-facto and used everywhere for international comparison. PPP are mostly used for internal matters..like poverty analysis.
jl115:
I've told you and rvp2018 this same thing many times ... But I'll do it again..... GDP nominal is the simple measurement of the value of goods and services in US dollars.... However the problem lies in the fact that goods and services are not equally priced in every country hence what $100 buys you in the US is not the same as what $100 buys you in Kenya( aka difference in PPP)

Thus a basket of goods in the US might cost $100 but for the same basket it might only cost $50 in Kenya now for argument sake if a countries gdp was based of only this one basket the GDP nominal would be $100 for the US but only $50 for Kenya however this obviously isn't a fair comparison and isn't a true reflection of the countries wealth

The fact is PPP measures goods and services at the prices that they are locally and thus compares the absolute purchasing power of the countries own currencies.

GDP nominal is in fact a horrible and outdated way of comparing economies

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
vankelvin:
[/b]

They prefer to suffer under an NPP government than to progress under an NDC government.

100% correct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (2490) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.