Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1087410 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (2490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

You're really taking the piss out of this. The spoiler alert had me in tears. grin grin

Tears of joy innit ? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
jl115:
I've told you and rvp2018 this same thing many times ... But I'll do it again..... GDP nominal is the simple measurement of the value of goods and services in US dollars.... However the problem lies in the fact that goods and services are not equally priced in every country hence what $100 buys you in the US is not the same as what $100 buys you in Kenya( aka difference in PPP)

Thus a basket of goods in the US might cost $100 but for the same basket it might only cost $50 in Kenya now for argument sake if a countries gdp was based of only this one basket the GDP nominal would be $100 for the US but only $50 for Kenya however this obviously isn't a fair comparison and isn't a true reflection of the countries wealth

The fact is PPP measures goods and services at the prices that they are locally and thus compares the absolute purchasing power of the countries own currencies.

GDP nominal is in fact a horrible and outdated way of comparing economies

You don't need to explain the definition. I asked you a very simple question, which you're yet to answer: what does PPP focus on that Nominal or rather real GDP doesn't as far as comparison is concerned?

PPP is good in measuring the standard of living ---- MORE OFTEN THAN NOT --.

For instance; China has a huge PPP than US. What does that mean? it means that cost of living in China is cheaper than the cost of living in the USA.

Ask yourself why gross national income( GNP) Is used when categorizing countries with the class of living(upper, lower, or middle) - which are in turn used for global comparison? To arrive at that, nominal GDP minus income earned by foreign residence plus PPP(within the country) and other domestic accounted cash flows come into play- that should mean that PPP plays a role yes, but insignificant when compared to real or nominal GDP.

To me, this field mostly decompounds the differences in the price levels in each country - nothing big - and that can be affected by productivity or inflation depending on your policies or the status quo of a country hence making it a more complex approach to arriving at the accurate data.

In nutshell... PPP is just an index that is based more on exchange rates. If you want to adjust GDP data of a certain country - based on the universal currency which is the dollar --- then PPP should come into play.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
popizaino:

Tears of joy innit ? cheesy

Let me dedicate this classic tune to all my Ghanian brothers.

"So When I say Ghana be village check your gutter and check your leakage
When I say Ghana be village
Me, adey talk ma mind no be no mistake" grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftglbK0cRs

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

"When I say Ghana be village check your gutter and check your leakage" grin grin grin

The fact that Ghana has return to IMF does not give you the right to talk rubbish about Ghana. Your country is facing worst situation so let that be your concern.
And for your information, living in a village does not make you a villager, your attitude, your way of living and your level of understanding makes you a villager and judging by just appearance and attitude Kenyans fit that description not Ghanaians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykRw6z8LzhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUl_codGXg

Kenya has also got problems so deal with that

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

"So When I say Ghana be village check your gutter and check your leakage
When I say Ghana be village
Me, adey talk ma mind no be no mistake" grin grin

Great song.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
vankelvin:

The fact that Ghana has return to IMF does not give you the right to talk rubbish about Ghana. Your country is facing worst situation so let that be your concern.
And for your information, living in a village does not make you a villager, your attitude, your way of living and your level of understanding makes you a villager and judging by just appearance and attitude Kenyans fit that description not Ghanaians.

If you took your IMF shame elsewhere nobody will ever talk about that colony anymore. Follow your friend Just40 to oblivion and spare everyone your tantrums.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2022
gallivant:

If you took your IMF shame elsewhere nobody will ever talk about that colony anymore. Follow your friend Just40 to oblivion and spare everyone your tantrums.

You see why everybody calls you a fool?
Tell me, who and who brought the IMF issue here, did I?

As for you your only mission here is ass licking and interjecting people's comments here and there like the way street beggers beg from car to car on the streets.
IMF or No IMF your country have so many issues so fu^ck off, toad

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 4:20am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

You see why everybody calls you a fool?
Tell me, who and who brought the IMF issue here, did I?

As for you your only mission here is ass licking and interjecting people's comments here and there like the way street beggers beg from car to car on the streets.
IMF or No IMF your country have so many issues so fu^ck off, toad

You clowns brought Ghana and the IMF to a Kenyan thread. Don't worry about the issues in my country, don't post rubbish here again. Post development or get lost.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 5:48am On Jul 05, 2022
Kenyans here criticising Ghana concerning IMF should note that Kenya has been to the IMF more than Ghana and currently they are in the IMF scheme (Both forms of IMF schemes even). Liberia is the highest IMF dependent (21 times), Kenya (19 times), Ghana (17 times), Sierra Leone (17 times), Mali (17 times).

African countries currently on IMF Support

Cameroon
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon
Seychelles
Kenya
Capeverde
Central African Republic
Chad
Niger
Congo Drc
Liberia
Guinea
Uganda
Sudan
Somalia
Sierra leone
Sao Tome and Principe
Mozambique
Mali
Congo Republic
Madagascar
Gambia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:56am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykRw6z8LzhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUl_codGXg

I'm not enjoying anything, I just find it hilarious that few weeks ago your countryman was here making fun of our situation and now here your country is, going for another bailout.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralDae:
Kenyans here criticising Ghana concerning IMF should note that Kenya has been to the IMF more than Ghana and currently they are in the IMF scheme (Both forms of IMF schemes even). Liberia is the highest IMF dependent (21 times), Kenya (19 times), Ghana (17 times), Sierra Leone (17 times), Mali (17 times).

Cameroon
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon
Seychelles
Kenya
Capeverde
Central African Republic
Chad
Niger
Congo Drc
Liberia
Guinea
Uganda
Sudan
Somalia
Sierra leone
Sao Tome and Principe
Mozambique
Mali
Congo Republic
Madagascar
Gambia

It depends on what facility..standby or extended credit...Kenya mostly in 90s and 2000s were on bailout aka extended credit... Ghana has been on bailout as late as 2019 and going there.Standby facility is precautionary..you don't need to take the money.. bailout aka extended credit is bad news..IMF come and micromanage you

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2022
rvp20182:
It depends on what facility..standby or extended credit...Kenya mostly in 90s and 2000s were on bailout aka extended credit... Ghana has been on bailout as late as 2019 and going there.Standby facility is precautionary..you don't need to take the money.. bailout aka extended credit is bad news..IMF come and micromanage you
Yeah, Kenya and Cameroon are two countries currently on both facilities though.

Extended Fund facility (6)

Cameroon
Kenya
Gabon
Seychelles
Equatorial Guinea

Extended Credit Facility (18)

Cape Verde
Central Africa Republic
Chad
Somalia
Sudan
Uganda
Niger
SaoTome Principe
Mali
Mozambique
Cameroon
Kenya
Congo Drc
Congo Rep
Gambia
Liberia
Madagascar
Mozambique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralDae:

No Kenyan here is criticizing Ghana or wants to discuss Ghana. Check the last 4 pages and clear your head.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2022
gallivant:

You clowns brought Ghana and the IMF to a Kenyan thread. Don't worry about the issues in my country, don't post rubbish here again. Post development or get lost.

Apart from repeating pictures, licking asses and interjecting comments what other thing do you do on this platform?

Even about development which developments have you posted here before, useless boy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

I'm not enjoying anything, I just find it hilarious that few weeks ago your countryman was here making fun of our situation and now here your country is, going for another bailout.

And what's the correlation between IMF and Village? You know very well that the ordinary Kenyan have a village kind of looks(a perfect description of a villager) so dont ever call Ghanaians villagers cos we are too civil and decent looking people than you guys

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

Apart from repeating pictures, licking asses and interjecting comments what other thing do you do on this platform?

Even about development which developments have you posted here before, useless boy

The issue is you posting the garbage earlier. Did you expect a pat on the back? Take your tantrums elsewhere. Dumb@ss.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

And what's the correlation between IMF and Village? You know very well that the ordinary Kenyan have a village kind of looks(a perfect description of a villager) so dont ever call Ghanaians villagers cos we are too civil and decent looking people than you guys

See, childish tantrums. What's a village look? lipsrsealed
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vizboy(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Kenya Secures New Fuel Deal With Saudi Arabia

National Oil Corporation of Kenya which is owned by the Kenyan government will from August 2022 begin to ship fuel from Saudi Arabia as it has significantly lower prices than the current global oil prices. The decision by National Oil Corporation of Kenya is being viewed as the Kenyan government’s strategy for reducing the current pump prices in the country.

The shipping will be facilitated via a government to government deal that will make it possible for Saudi Aramco officially known as the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, to supply the National Oil Corporation of Kenya with refined fuel at prices that are exclusively lower than the current prices present globally.

READ MORE: https://nexbitke.com/kenya-secures-new-fuel-deal-with-saudi-arabia/
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

You're clearly conflicting yourself. Since when did Shatta Wale become a Kenyan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralDae:

Cameroon
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon
Seychelles
Kenya
Capeverde
Central African Republic
Chad
Niger
Congo Drc
Liberia
Guinea
Uganda
Sudan
Somalia
Sierra leone
Sao Tome and Principe
Mozambique
Mali
Congo Republic
Madagascar
Gambia

I don't have any problem with your constant bootlicking of Ghanaian @sses. The problem I have with you is your glaucoma-infested eyes that choose to get blind when Ghanaians ( just 40 to be precise) decides to spew lies and trash towards Kenya -- and opens up when Kenyans are underscoring what Nigerians and Ghanaians are saying.

Thus, say. I emboldened something in your submission. Yes, Kenya is in those 3schemes(unlike other nations, kenya is 3/4 arid, then add pandemic relief, etc, hence why) but Nigeria with her one scheme, it has more borrowing -- nearly twice what Kenya received from those 3 so schemes.

Nigeria is not the bone of contention. Back to the topic. Yes, Kenya has been to the IMF 19 times, but how many times as compared to Ghana have we drawn the money? Going to IMF does not necessarily mean you're going to approve the deal - or your deal will get approved. For the record, Kenya has only received 13 IMF loans --- Ghana has 17bailment from IMF going to 18 this year which will FAIL terribly due to their ignorance.

That being said. Go check the lending history of both countries then come up with your ignorance and biased submission.

Also, from a Ghanaian video --- that guy is not the first person to criticize ghana . Nigerians living in ghana have proven that Ghana is a village... With 98% arable land, where is the loan going? We also need to see the logic!

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

You're clearly conflicting yourself. Since when did Shatta Wale become a Kenyan?
Wonder no more. @GeneralDae is even criticizing kenyans for underscoring shatta wale's submission. How petty!

We have problems in our country, yes. but we're heaven to those zoos. So we have all right to criticize cos we know they ain't got sh*t over us.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2022
rvp2018:
All good except it hard to keep PPP accurate; the dollar is very responsive to economic changes and tells a truer picture very fast; unless the forex market is rigged (fixed); so nominal GDP is de-facto and used everywhere for international comparison. PPP are mostly used for internal matters..like poverty analysis.
GDP PPP might be more complex to calculate however very smart economist get paid a lot of money to keep those figures up to date ad accurate...... GDP PPP was literally created because it is a better and fairer reflection of economies when compared to each other.... And GDP nominal is not the de-facto when comparing economies... There are in fact much better methods...one could even say GDP PPP is outdated compared to new methods such as comparing wealth of countries instead of GDP
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2022
Shma:

You don't need to explain the definition. I asked you a very simple question, which you're yet to answer: what does PPP focus on that Nominal or rather real GDP doesn't as far as comparison is concerned?

PPP is good in measuring the standard of living ---- MORE OFTEN THAN NOT --.

For instance; China has a huge PPP than US. What does that mean? it means that cost of living in China is cheaper than the cost of living in the USA.

Ask yourself why gross national income( GNP) Is used when categorizing countries with the class of living(upper, lower, or middle) - which are in turn used for global comparison? To arrive at that, nominal GDP minus income earned by foreign residence plus PPP(within the country) and other domestic accounted cash flows come into play- that should mean that PPP plays a role yes, but insignificant when compared to real or nominal GDP.

To me, this field mostly decompounds the differences in the price levels in each country - nothing big - and that can be affected by productivity or inflation depending on your policies or the status quo of a country hence making it a more complex approach to arriving at the accurate data.

In nutshell... PPP is just an index that is based more on exchange rates. If you want to adjust GDP data of a certain country - based on the universal currency which is the dollar --- then PPP should come into play.

I did infact answer your question... If you actually look at the original response rvp2018 gave it was about GDP PPP vs GDP nominal.....at the end of the day they both measured the same thing, GDP! PPP is just GDP of a country adjusted for the difference in prices of a basket of goods compared to another country.

My point is that PPP is a fairer comparison than Nominal..... That doesn't mean there aren't better ways at comparing economies with each other.... I for one am a large supporter for comparing countries based on wealth and not GDP....

Also China has a bigger GDP PPP than the US because it has 1.2 billion people, and should in theory have a larger economy, however this is not the case when we look at GDP nominal, hence why again I say PPP is the more realistic measurement when compared to nominal
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2022
Shma:

Wonder no more. @GeneralDae is even criticizing kenyans for underscoring shatta wale's submission. How petty!

We have problems in our country, yes. but we're heaven to those zoos. So we have all right to criticize cos we know they ain't got sh*t over us.

The fact that these were the same people making fun of our situation a few weeks back.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2022
Saddamochieng00:

Per your logic,what Shatta Wale said about Ghana is indeed true? so then it's also true that kenyans eat stones and it's because you people are poor and starving in your mini zoo.

People like you are always quick to quote Shatta Wale as the one to have said Ghana is a village but same people have no sense to find out why he said that.

His terrible attitude caused Ghanaians to continuously abuse him online and out of pain he decided to make all those comments about Ghana.

Early this year he insulted nigerians and when he realized majority of Ghanaians were not in support of his uttrances he came back praising nigerians. If you take Shatta Wale serious then you are as foolish as an animal

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 10:27am On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralDae:

Yeah, Kenya and Cameroon are two countries currently on both facilities though.

Extended Fund facility (6)

Cameroon
Kenya
Gabon
Seychelles
Equatorial Guinea

Extended Credit Facility (18)

Cape Verde
Central Africa Republic
Chad
Somalia
Sudan
Uganda
Niger
SaoTome Principe
Mali
Mozambique
Cameroon
Kenya
Congo Drc
Congo Rep
Gambia
Liberia
Madagascar
Mozambique

Khekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhe grin

Why should u starve while there is a donkey carcass lying around. ......

No need to mention a country

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2022
Kazikazi:
Khekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhe grin

Why should u starve while there is a donkey carcass lying around. ......

Kazikazi your kids are starving.... tongue cry

Leave the breastmilk for the kids.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2022
gallivant:

See, childish tantrums. What's a village look? lipsrsealed

Take a critical look at your TV personalities, your movie actors, YouTubers, politicians etc and compare their looks/appearances to Ghanaians you will notice the difference. You guys look like how Ghanaians looked in the year 1243. You kenyans best describe how villagers look so close that chapter

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2022
gallivant:

Kazikazi your kids are starving.... tongue cry

Leave the breastmilk for the kids.
khekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhe grin

So it was you busy eating a donkey carcass? Now I know
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2022
vankelvin:

Take a critical look at your TV personalities, your movie actors, YouTubers, politicians etc and compare their looks/appearances to Ghanaians you will notice the difference. You guys look like how Ghanaians looked in the year 1243. You best describe how villagers look so close that chapter

You are talking gibberish. Find someone else to console your feelings.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2022
Kazikazi:
khekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhekhe grin

So it was you busy eating a donkey carcass? Now I know

We will send Tanzania the donkey carcass.. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (2490) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.