Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:49 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1043267 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2486) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 07, 2016
adami:

Pls where did I call you names that you had to insult me I'm really sorry I quoted you, my bad, I should have known better than to involve myself in a conversation with a small brained, close minded, unintelligent, morally and socially bankrupt person like you,again I'm sorry.

of course, go on ahead and apologize to me. Its what you should be doing.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

In Kenya, your sim card even with an outdated phone brand like Nokia 3310 you can use it to receive international transfers like Moneygram, WesternUnion, Worldremit etc and go to a kiosk near you to cash out the transfer without going near a bank.

Your phone number can be linked to a Visa card without having a bank account and you go the chemist or kiosk selling provisions near you, top up your line and whatever money is in your line, reflects on your Visa card and you can shop online such as Amazon, pay for international flight tickets, buy Skype subscriptions......wherever there is a Visa logo.

If am low on cash and a friend or relative outside the Country can send me as little as $10 (N4,000) from an App straight to my phone number. I do not need to cash out the money as I can go to a supermarket that have a code for payment, l buy meat, ewedu, okra, pepper, semolina, tomatoes, bread, milk, onions, eggs, l then go to the till and the total sums up as N3,700. I will then send the N3,700 from my phone to the supermarket's code, we both get sms alerts verifying the transactions and l am charged nothing for the transaction...I go home with my shopping! cheesy

Is that currently available in Nigeria?

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

In Kenya, your sim card even with an outdated phone brand like Nokia 3310 you can use it to receive international transfers like Moneygram, WesternUnion, Worldremit etc and go to a kiosk near you to cash out the transfer without going near a bank.

Your phone number can be linked to a Visa card without having a bank account and you go the chemist or kiosk selling provisions near you, top up your line and whatever money is in your line, reflects on your Visa card and you can shop online such as Amazon, pay for international flight tickets, buy Skype subscriptions......wherever there is a Visa logo.

If am low on cash and a friend or relative outside the Country can send me as little as $10 (N4,000) from an App straight to my phone number. I do not need to cash out the money as I can go to a supermarket that have a code for payment, l buy meat, ewedu, okra, pepper, semolina, tomatoes, bread, milk, onions, eggs, l then go to the till and the total sums up as N3,700. I will then send the N3,700 from my phone to the supermarket's code, we both get sms alerts verifying the transactions and l am charged nothing for the transaction...I go home with my shopping! cheesy

Is that currently available in Nigeria?

for of all, i have never seen anyone being sent money from abroad and he had difficulties cashing it except there are questions to answer. And yes, i withdraw money from my account even without "going near a bank" too.

In rural Nigeria, especially in the North, where bank and atm penetration is low, i can go to the Pos man who owns a kiosk specially for this business, i give him my same Visa card or anyother kind of debit card, he inserts it into his machine trasfer the amount that i want from my account into his and then pays me in cash. Its that simple! This is how we withdrew cash at the NYSC camp.

When it comes to payment of bills like NEPA, waste, satellite tv, etc, i do it using my mobile app. Connecting flights etc, these are things we doing here using our mobile phones. To recharge my phone, if i feel like i do it using my own phone by dialing some codes and if i feel like, my sister does it for me from her own phone on her own account!

The last time i went to a super market to buy just a pressing iron, i used my card to pay. And i get an alert in the end.

So tell me what the big deal is about this Kenyan mobile money! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BIG DEAL!

Don't get me wrong. If Kenya is doing very well, then, alhamdulillah for them. But what i do not like is the cynicism we see in Nigeria which is based on nothing else but just frustration. When i see that cynicism, i will stand up to it with superior points!

The likes of you talk about the country like the Fed. Rep of Nigeria owes you anything, the fact it that it doesn't owe you anything and i want you to suck it up like a real man, not a childish pretender that you guys are portraying here.

@Rossike see me see trouble oo
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 4:19am On Sep 07, 2016
craziebone:

for of all, i have never seen anyone being sent money from abroad and he had difficulties cashing it except there are questions to answer. And yes, i withdraw money from my account even without "going near a bank" too.

In rural Nigeria, especially in the North, where bank and atm penetration is low, i can go to the Pos man who owns a kiosk specially for this business, i give him my same Visa card or anyother kind of debit card, he inserts it into his machine trasfer the amount that i want from my account into his and then pays me in cash. Its that simple! This is how we withdrew cash at the NYSC camp.

When it comes to payment of bills like NEPA, waste, satellite tv, etc, i do it using my mobile app. Connecting flights etc, these are things we doing here using our mobile phones. To recharge my phone, if i feel like i do it using my own phone by dialing some codes and if i feel like, my sister does it for me from her own phone on her own account!

The last time i went to a super market to buy just a pressing iron, i used my card to pay. And i get an alert in the end.

So tell me what the big deal is about this Kenyan mobile money! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BIG DEAL!

Don't get me wrong. If Kenya is doing very well, then, alhamdulillah for them. But what i do not like is the cynicism we see in Nigeria which is based on nothing else but just frustration. When i see that cynicism, i will stand up to it with superior points!

The likes of you talk about the country like the Fed. Rep of Nigeria owes you anything, the fact it that it doesn't owe you anything and i want you to suck it up like a real man, not a childish pretender that you guys are portraying here.

@Rossike see me see trouble oo

How spread across Nigeria is the Kiosks with ATM?

Can l send a moneygram transfer from abroad to the phone number of my uncle in my village and he goes to the nearby shop that sells provisions to cash it?

You said you went to a supermarket and did pay with a card, can l make a payment without a card nor with a phone that has no App?

How can someone without a bank account or someone with just a basic basic that has no internet nor App get to make payment of bills like NEPA, waste, satellite tv, etc?

"The likes of you talk about the country like the Fed. Rep of Nigeria owes you anything, the fact it that it doesn't owe you anything and i want you to suck it up like a real man, not a childish pretender that you guys are portraying here"........This got me laughing! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think anyone who got a dissenting view is a leech and aggrieved because he or she is not gaining from the government! cheesy cheesy

For your information, am not expecting anything from the government rather am busy earning dollars for Nigeria by exporting manufactured products from Lagos to the East African region! I am giving back to Nigeria by empowering fellow Nairalanders with knowledge on how to grow crops in any unused space around them irrespective of the soil condition......you need to search for my posts and threads in the Agric section to know that Nigerian government at different levels needs me than l need them.

There is so much to do in life that is way beyond being Pro APC or Pro PDP!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by aresssa: 4:55am On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
blackprowler:

You're dumb without knowing it. I just described your type in my post. Go and check the world's human development indices of several world organisations monitoring these things. Have you heard of "per capita" anything? What family do you want to belong to as a child: a family of 4 with 40,000 naira income or a polygamous, loud-mouthed family of 4 wives 25 children (total 30) with 80,000 naira income? Your country has had free money almost its entire independence and you rank amongst the poorest countries in the world that never made a dollar from oil. You're like Goodluck Jonathan that says Nigeria is doing great because we have such and such number of private jets. I can not begin to go into detail here and I don't think you deserve such gratuitous exertion on my part. NIGERIA IS A CASE OF HUMAN TRAGEDY!
[/s]

STFU with your per capita irrelevant and ignorant nonsense...

Does your silly garbage alter the fact that Lagos is the 7th largest Economy in Africa and Lagos economy almost triple the entire Kenyan economy.? Does it?

Please keep quiet with your rubbish and go start a different thread to discuss your per capita nonsense..

After crying over sim card, not it's per capita...
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by aresssa: 5:02am On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
Pavore9:

How spread across Nigeria is the Kiosks with ATM?

Can l send a moneygram transfer from abroad to the phone number of my uncle in my village and he goes to the nearby shop that sells provisions to cash it?

You said you went to a supermarket and did pay with a card, can l make a payment without a card nor with a phone that has no App?

How can someone without a bank account or someone with just a basic basic that has no internet nor App get to make payment of bills like NEPA, waste, satellite tv, etc?

"The likes of you talk about the country like the Fed. Rep of Nigeria owes you anything, the fact it that it doesn't owe you anything and i want you to suck it up like a real man, not a childish pretender that you guys are portraying here"........This got me laughing! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think anyone who got a dissenting view is a leech and aggrieved because he or she is not gaining from the government! cheesy cheesy

For your information, am not expecting anything from the government rather am busy earning dollars for Nigeria by exporting manufactured products from Lagos to the East African region! I am giving back to Nigeria by empowering fellow Nairalanders with knowledge on how to grow crops in any unused space around them irrespective of the soil condition......you need to search for my posts and threads in the Agric section to know that Nigerian government at different levels needs me than l need them.

There is so much to do in life that is way beyond being Pro APC or Pro PDP!

[/s]

Who cares what they do with their money?

Saying Kenya is better than Nigeria because some people are able to send money to their village is the most idiotic and ignorant nonsense ever?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 5:57am On Sep 07, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

Who cares what they do with their money?

Saying Kenya is better than Nigeria because some people are able to send money to their village is the most idiotic and ignorant nonsense ever?

Maybe you are allergic to ease of international inflow.

Shebi FFK say Kenya is behind Nigeria in all aspects but Kenya is 25% of the population of Nigeria and is presently generating 2300MW, is Nigeria generating 9,200MW as at today?

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015 life expectancy in Nigeria is: Male 53.4, female 55.6

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/nigeria-life-expectancy

http://guardian.ng/features/nigeria-with-54-5-years-on-lowest-life-expectancy-list/

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015 life expectancy in Kenya is: Male 61.1, female 65.8

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/kenya-life-expectancy

Kenya’s retail sector ranks as second-most formalised in Africa (Second after South Africa)

http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/news/kenya’s-retail-sector-ranks-second-most-formalised-africa

South Africa can form boss in Nigeria with Shoprite but Kenya's Nakumatt made sure Shoprite disappeared from the East African region because Shoprite was bringing nothing new that Nakumatt was not already offering, so Shoprite sold their outlets in Tanzania and Uganda to Nakumatt, they didn't even have the liver to enter Kenya in the first place! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigeria has a huge market where Shoprite can bring in made in South Africa products to sell but could not attempt that lopsided business model in Kenya!

You did post somewhere that Nigeria is the largest user of internet in the continent, Yes l agree with you but only by number because of population not percentage!

From the table in the link below.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats1.htm

Nigeria has 92,699,924 Internet Users as at 30-Jun-2016 which represents 51.1 % Penetration (% Population)
Kenya has 31,985,048 Internet Users as at 30-Jun-2016 which represents 69.6% Penetration (% Population)

Nigeria is 4 times the population of Kenya, so Nigeria should have at least 127,940,192 users but it is still lagging at 92,699,924! It means we need over 35 million more Nigerians to use the internet in order in to meet up with Kenya's present penetration!

Statistics is really sweet! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by aresssa: 6:19am On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
Pavore9:

Shebi FFK say Kenya is behind Nigeria in all aspects but Kenya is 25% of the population of Nigeria and is presently generating 2300MW, is Nigeria generating 9,200MW as at today?

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015 life expectancy in Nigeria is: Male 53.4, female 55.6

http://guardian.ng/features/nigeria-with-54-5-years-on-lowest-life-expectancy-list/

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015 life expectancy in Kenya is: Male 61.1, female 65.8

Kenya’s retail sector ranks as second-most formalised in Africa (Second after South Africa)

http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/news/kenya’s-retail-sector-ranks-second-most-formalised-africa

South Africa can form boss in Nigeria with Shoprite but Kenya's Nakumatt made sure Shoprite disappeared from the East African region because Shoprite was bringing nothing new that Nakumatt was not already offering, so Shoprite sold their outlets to Nakumatt! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigeria has a huge market where Shoprite can bring in made in South Africa products to sell but could not attempt that lopsided business model in Kenya!

You did post somewhere that Nigeria is the largest user of internet in the continent, Yes l agree with you but only by number because of population not percentage!

Nigeria has 92,699,924 Internet Users as at 30-Jun-2016 which represents 51.1 % Penetration (% Population)
Kenya has 31,985,048 Internet Users as at 30-Jun-2016 which represents [b]69.6 % [/b]Penetration (% Population)

Nigeria is 4 times the population of Kenya, so Nigeria should have at least 127,940,192 users but it is still lagging at 92,699,924! It means we need over 35 million more Nigerians to use the internet in order in to meet up with Kenya's present penetration!

[/s]

Life expectancy is better in Cuba than in America, so is CUBA better than America?

Are Cubans not drawing in the Ocean trying to live in America and enjoy America's not so good life expectancy?

You people just keep coming up with silly, dumb, idiotic and upside down nonsense..
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 6:41am On Sep 07, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

Life expectancy is better in Cuba than in America, so is CUBA better than America?

Are Cubans not drawing in the Ocean trying to live in America and enjoy America's not so good life expectancy?

You people just keep coming up with silly, dumb, idiotic and upside down nonsense..

We are peer reviewing between 2 African Countries because Tanzania is bigger than Nigeria in terms of landmass but Kenya is way ahead of Tanzania socially and economically!

Nigeria and Kenya are both dealing with inadequate infrastructure provision but there are things they take for granted which we don't. The transformer serving the estate can blow up and the resident expect the Kenyan Power technicians to have it fixed within hours but for us na for residents to begin contribute money! Not having to be living with the noise from generators helps one's health.

Kenyans are less likely to migrate to Nigeria to come hustle but Nigerians come to hustle in Kenya, so when they send 100,000ksh to Nigeria, there person will receive N420,000.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

STFU with your per capita irrelevant and ignorant nonsense...

Does your silly garbage alter the fact that Lagos is the 7th largest Economy in Africa and Lagos economy almost triple the entire Kenyan economy.? Does it?

Please keep quiet with your rubbish and go start a different thread to discuss your per capita nonsense..

After crying over sim card, not it's per capita...

don't mind them. Who even gave them all these stupid statistics about Nigeria? Have you ever seen anyone knock on your door to take any kind of stat?

And to that guy you quoted, he seems to think cost of living in the whole world is the same. The amount of money you can use to survive in the rural part of the country is not the same you would need to survive in the city., that's a fact!

Every single time we prove our point, they come up with per capita rubbish!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

South Africa can form boss in Nigeria with Shoprite but Kenya's Nakumatt made sure Shoprite disappeared from the East African region because Shoprite was bringing nothing new that Nakumatt was not already offering, so Shoprite sold their outlets in Tanzania and Uganda to Nakumatt, they didn't even have the liver to enter Kenya in the first place! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kenya has 31,985,048 Internet Users as at 30-Jun-2016 which represents 69.6% Penetration (% Population)

can you compare the exchange rate between the british pound and the japanese yen? What about the sterling to the Euros? Does it mean that the british economy is better than the German and the Japanese? You guys really need more education.

As for life expectancy, Cuba has a better life expectancy than the US, but can you compare the two countries at all?

As for power. Maybe Kenya doesn't have the system that we have in Nigeria and that explains why you think they are better.

The point is: Nigeria has a quota system which allowes the country to share around everything that the FG has to offer. Of the 4K MW we generate, 1050mw is given to Lagos. But in Lagos, there are many more houses and companies relying on that small amount of power. This means that a place like Okene and other small towns and villages that are connected to the grid have more power than the average home in Lagos even though their states have way less power allocated to them.

Its likein Kenya, there is no political decision like this made so what informs their sharing pattern is purely economic factors. This could explain why their city centres may have more power.

Nigeria's economy is not only larger than that of Kenya, our per capita is still better than theirs, fact!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

We are peer reviewing between 2 African Countries because Tanzania is bigger than Nigeria in terms of landmass but Kenya is way ahead of Tanzania socially and economically!

Nigeria and Kenya are both dealing with inadequate infrastructure provision but there are things they take for granted which we don't. The transformer serving the estate can blow up and the resident expect the Kenyan Power technicians to have it fixed within hours but for us na for residents to begin contribute money! Not having to be living with the noise from generators helps one's health.

Kenyans are less likely to migrate to Nigeria to come hustle but Nigerians come to hustle in Kenya, so when they send 100,000ksh to Nigeria, there person will receive N420,000.

Kenyans are less likely to migrate to Nigeria because they lack exploring behaviour. What took you, Pavore9, to Kenya? Did you go there to look for job? How many Nigerians go to Kenya to look for job and a better life? If Nigerians go to Kenya, then it is the same way they go to Ghana. They either go for more education, or are doing business there. Didn't you just mention it that you are exporting goods to that country? And this brings me to yet another point, economy. Those who say their economy is better and more diversified should explain to me how comes the likes of you, Pavore9, are exporting manufactured goods from Nigeria to Kenya and we do not have a single Kenyan product in Nigerian market apart from Kenyan airways?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
adami:

We can deceive ourselves in this country sha, our GDP per capita is higher than Kenya's true but that's cos of oil and how many pple does the oil&gas industry employ In kenya, their main source of foreign exchange is tourism, the tourism industry employs more than 1o times the number of pple the oil and gas industry employs, so at least the money goes round, plus read below

i just do not understand it anymore. Oil and gas only accounts for less than 15percent of the GDP and yet, you think our GDP percapita is due to oil? Like you said, not many Nigerians are in the oil sector and you think our GDP percapita is just because of oil. What about our manufacturing, show biz, agriculture, etc? For your info, agriculture contributes the largest amount to our GDP, fact! So you have to get up from your ignorance about your own country and start learning more. Maybe by then, the unacceptable level of cynicism we see here would drop. Its so sickening!

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
adami:

my dear don't mind this deluded Nigerians that have never gone outside their village, I have lived in Zambia and currently live in Nairobi from my experience in these 2 countries I can NEVER call Nigeria giant of Africa again, EVER, infact i've had some of my friends come over to visit from Nigeria and they can't beleive what they see, they are amazed, my mum was testifying to the goodness of Kenya when she came visiting,she couldn't believethey had constant power and no noise making generator anywhere....other African countries have overtaken us seriously, we are still living in past glory.

my dear, when people go from Nigeria to other countries for the first time, they always want to say something like that. But do you honestly think just few hours into living in another country, your mother knows enough about Kenya to begin to compare the two countries? Some people will leave Lagos for Minna and they will praise how organised Minna is to Lagos and also how more often they have power than Lagos, but to claim that Minna is now better than Lagos is absolute buuuullshit!!!!

Infrastructure is infrastructure it doesn't matter if it is provided by the government or not. Most Nigerians provide their own water when they build their houses, can you now say that's backwardness?

Again. If Kenya produces about 2k mw of electricity and they have "constant supply" in Nairobi and else where, then it is because they are giving way too much to their major cities than they are giving to the other parts.

In Nigeria, while Lagos recieves the highest amount of power generated, it doesn't have light as frequently as say Okene in Kogi state even though Kogi lets very little supply than Lagos.

So get it and just stop it already! I know what the problem is: its is frustration and nothing more!

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
craziebone:

can you compare the exchange rate between the british pound and the japanese yen? What about the sterling to the Euros? Does it mean that the british economy is better than the German and the Japanese? You guys really need more education.

As for life expectancy, Cuba has a better life expectancy than the US, but can you compare the two countries at all?

As for power. Maybe Kenya doesn't have the system that we have in Nigeria and that explains why you think they are better.

The point is: Nigeria has a quota system which allowes the country to share around everything that the FG has to offer. Of the 4K MW we generate, 1050mw is given to Lagos. But in Lagos, there are many more houses and companies relying on that small amount of power. This means that a place like Okene and other small towns and villages that are connected to the grid have more power than the average home in Lagos even though their states have way less power allocated to them.

Its likein Kenya, there is no political decision like this made so what informs their sharing pattern is purely economic factors. This could explain why their city centres may have more power.

Nigeria's economy is not only larger than that of Kenya, our per capita is still better than theirs, fact!

As per exchange rate, Let the 2 African countries pair with the US dollars, in 2012 I bought a dollar for 88ksh and yesterday l walked into a Forex shop in Nairobi and bought dollars which l sent down to Nigeria at 101.70ksh.....with our rate now over N400 which economy shows more stability?

Nigeria is a larger economy with higher per capita courtesy of oil dollar but let us ask ourselves if we, Nigerians are having it easier than other smaller African Countries who have not seen up to 1% of the trillions of dollars we have made from oil?

Why is Shoprite doing well in Nigeria but couldn't enter the Kenyan retail space? Nigeria consumes more than it produces, Shoprite imports fruits, vegetables, tea, milk etc from South Africa to fill their shelves in Nigeria's outlets but kenya is a world leader in tea and coffee production, they are self sufficient in fresh milk production (producing about 5billion litres annually), they grow most of those fruits and vegetables Shoprite imports to Nigeria. Shoprite knew they had no business in Kenya and other East African countries Kenya overshadows.

As per power, Nigeria ought to be generating 9,200MW to be at level with Kenya even if the quota system is to be applied in the distribution.

It is not as if l am out to bring down Nigeria but to lay out facts. Ask any Nigerian living in Kenya, where is more convenient to live in. Pay house rent monthly and can pack out even after just 2 months of living there. You can choose when to enrol for University education (January, May, September)no entrance examination required and as a foreign student we get to enjoy some "coded" benefits. cheesy

I latch on the difference to run trade. There are some stuffs my brother produces in Lagos at N150 and sold to schools in Nigeria for N400 each, l get these stuffs sent to me here in Nairobi at a total cost of N410 (Production cost + shipping). I then supply to Schools in Nairobi at 435ksh ($4.25) which to them it is like paying N435 for each.

No be fight, we should use such info to make smart money! cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
craziebone:

Kenyans are less likely to migrate to Nigeria because they lack exploring behaviour. What took you, Pavore9, to Kenya? Did you go there to look for job? How many Nigerians go to Kenya to look for job and a better life? If Nigerians go to Kenya, then it is the same way they go to Ghana. They either go for more education, or are doing business there. Didn't you just mention it that you are exporting goods to that country? And this brings me to yet another point, economy. Those who say their economy is better and more diversified should explain to me how comes the likes of you, Pavore9, are exporting manufactured goods from Nigeria to Kenya and we do not have a single Kenyan product in Nigerian market apart from Kenyan airways?

Nigeria happens to be a big consumer of both tea and flowers, most of which it imports from Europe. Ironically, these are re–exports from Kenya! cheesy Kenya is the lead exporter of rose cut flowers to the European Union and this and other flowers they export daily. Dangote is setting up a powder milk production plant in collabo with Kenyan partners to process their fresh milk into powder and send it down to Nigeria!

Even as advanced as the U.S is, they know that there are things cheaper to produce in China. The same China is even outsourcing some production to Ethiopia because it is cheaper there!

That same stuff l export to Kenya is being imported into Nigeria from China by Nigerian traders but my brother researched on how to produce and package it well, all he need is import raw material from China and cut locally while his local customers still thinks it is imported finished product from China! cheesy.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pavore9:

As per exchange rate, Let the 2 African countries pair with the US dollars, in 2012 I bought a dollar for 88ksh and yesterday l walked into a Forex shop in Nairobi and bought dollars which l sent down to Nigeria at 101.70ksh.....with our rate now over N400 which economy shows more stability?

Nigeria is a larger economy with higher per capita courtesy of oil dollar but let us ask ourselves if we, Nigerians are having it easier than other smaller African Countries who have not seen up to 1% of the trillions of dollars we have made from oil?

Why is Shoprite doing well in Nigeria but couldn't enter the Kenyan retail space? Nigeria consumes more than it produces, Shoprite imports fruits, vegetables, tea, milk etc from South Africa to fill their shelves in Nigeria's outlets but kenya is a world leader in tea and coffee production, they are self sufficient in fresh milk production (producing about 5billion litres annually), they grow most of those fruits and vegetables Shoprite imports to Nigeria. Shoprite knew they had no business in Kenya and other East African countries Kenya overshadows.

As per power, Nigeria ought to be generating 9,200MW to be at level with Kenya even if the quota system is to be applied in the distribution.

It is not as if l am out to bring down Nigeria but to lay out facts. Ask any Nigerian living in Kenya, where is more convenient to live in. Pay house rent monthly and can pack out even after just 2 months of living there. You can choose when to enrol for University education (January, May, September)no entrance examination required and as a foreign student we get to enjoy some "coded" benefits. cheesy

I latch on the difference to run trade. There are some stuffs my brother produces in Lagos at N150 and sold to schools in Nigeria for N400 each, l get these stuffs sent to me here in Nairobi at a total cost of N410 (Production cost + shipping). I then supply to Schools in Nairobi at 435ksh ($4.25) which to them it is like paying N435 for each.

No be fight, we should use such info to make smart money! cheesy

you are still bringing in this exchage rate. EXCHANGE RATE DOES NOT MEAN THAT AN ECONOMY IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER! HOW MANY TIMES DO WANT ME TO STRESS THIS TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND IT? THIS IS THE SAME ARGUEMENT SOME IGNIRANT PEOPLE BROUGHT UP DUE TO THEIR FRUSTRATION WITH THINGS IN NIGERIA AT THE TIME OF yaradua's illness and our outstar from the the cup of nations. They went about saying Ghana's economy is better than Nigeria's economy just because they knocked off some zeros off their currency and their currency now exchanges from more Naira. YOU WHO CLAIM TO BE WELL TRAVELLED SHOULD KNOW THIS! Even if exhcange rate shows stability of economy, now that we have lost a part of our currency's worth, and Kenya still cannot catch up, that should tell you who the BABA is.

Despite my explanation, are you still insisting that we have a better GDP per capita because of oil? Whyu don't you take a look at a break down of the Nigerian economy? Oil only accounts for les than 15 percent our total GDP and now that the price is even down, oil accounts for even less, that's a fact! Our biggest contributor to GDP is agriculture, manufacturing, service sector especially telecoms and also show biz. Get a better understanding of the Nigerian economy, would you?

If Kenya is sufficient in coffee and tea, then i will tell you we are self sufficient in Cassava, Yam, maize, millet, Guinea corn, Soya beans, sweet potatoes etc. That's how many food crop? But i understand what i am saying here is a shock to you, well that's because you've always been led to believe by the misided media that we have left agriculture COMPLETELY for oil. Well, that's not true! Yes, we could be doing better in the agriculture sector, but it is not dead, and that's a fact! We are also self sufficent in beans too! I travelled to Gombe state the other time and everywhere you go to in the hinterland is cultivated, that's a shocking fact to those who've not been there before. You can stand at a point and look as far as the eyes can see and all you will see are farmlands! It got to a point i started wondering if that's not too much pressure on the land. Apart from the hills there, there are no reserved places for conservation of wild life. They are all farms! We are the largest producers of cassava and yam in this world!

There are american companies hugely present in the Japanese and the Korean market. We have the EU, American, Japanese and Korean companies hugely present in China, what's the big deal? There is no country in this world that does not have inflow of foreign direct investment. If the US economy is big, then it is because of the huge foreign direct investment from all parts of the world including the middle east. There is no big deal if countries have huge foreign presence in their land. It only shows you've got good policies in place. It shows you are dynamic
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
craziebone:

you are still bringing in this exchage rate. EXCHANGE RATE DOES NOT MEAN THAT AN ECONOMY IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER! HOW MANY TIMES DO WANT ME TO STRESS THIS TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND IT? THIS IS THE SAME ARGUEMENT SOME IGNIRANT PEOPLE BROUGHT UP DUE TO THEIR FRUSTRATION WITH THINGS IN NIGERIA AT THE TIME OF yaradua's illness and our outstar from the the cup of nations. They went about saying Ghana's economy is better than Nigeria's economy just because they knocked off some zeros off their currency and their currency now exchanges from more Naira. YOU WHO CLAIM TO BE WELL TRAVELLED SHOULD KNOW THIS! Even if exhcange rate shows stability of economy, now that we have lost a part of our currency's worth, and Kenya still cannot catch up, that should tell you who the BABA is.

Despite my explanation, are you still insisting that we have a better GDP per capita because of oil? Whyu don't you take a look at a break down of the Nigerian economy? Oil only accounts for les than 15 percent our total GDP and now that the price is even down, oil accounts for even less, that's a fact! Our biggest contributor to GDP is agriculture, manufacturing, service sector especially telecoms and also show biz. Get a better understanding of the Nigerian economy, would you?

If Kenya is sufficient in coffee and tea, then i will tell you we are self sufficient in Cassava, Yam, maize, millet, Guinea corn, Soya beans, sweet potatoes etc. That's how many food crop? But i understand what i am saying here is a shock to you, well that's because you've always been led to believe by the misided media that we have left agriculture COMPLETELY for oil. Well, that's not true! Yes, we could be doing better in the agriculture sector, but it is not dead, and that's a fact! We are also self sufficent in beans too! I travelled to Gombe state the other time and everywhere you go to in the hinterland is cultivated, that's a shocking fact to those who've not been there before. You can stand at a point and look as far as the eyes can see and all you will see are farmlands! It got to a point i started wondering if that's not too much pressure on the land. Apart from the hills there, there are no reserved places for conservation of wild life. They are all farms! We are the largest producers of cassava and yam in this world!

There are american companies hugely present in the Japanese and the Korean market. We have the EU, American, Japanese and Korean companies hugely present in China, what's the big deal? There is no country in this world that does not have inflow of foreign direct investment. If the US economy is big, then it is because of the huge foreign direct investment from all parts of the world including the middle east. There is no big deal if countries have huge foreign presence in their land. It only shows you've got good policies in place. It shows you are dynamic

Bros, no take Agric joke with me o. I ran Agric projects in Nigeria and continued it in East Africa region working for International organizations, my export runs na side hustle for my bro since l have contacts in Kenya. cheesy cheesy

Don't use the cedis as an example as dat one no follow. My point on exchange rate is that between 2012 and now, the dollar as gained about 16% over the shilling from 88 to 102.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfroCircus: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
Per capita income is a useless indicator of a nation's development, more so mineral dependent ones. Dividing total output by population won't tell about people's lives, education, housing etc. It's infact heavily skewed in mineral exporting nations.

The exchange rate is another completely absurd illustration of a nation's development level. Different nations will peg exchange rates at certain levels for their own reasons. For instance the Japanese yen seems weak but it's what makes Toyotas very affordable while the American dollar is very strong since as a global currency, it needs to maintain a certain level of strength so as to act as a reference point and peg for many other nations' currencies. Though the variance in this is an illustration of how stable an economy is, during the 2008 financial turmoil there was more devaluation in western (developed) currencies than in African (developing) currencies. The brexit led the pound devalue more than say the Ghanaian cedi, and we all know which country is more developed. Instability is more of an outside shocks influence than a development level influence.

It's the HDI that's the best indicator of a country's development level. And this because it captures qualitative variants such as access to health, education levels, access to clean water, nearness to paved roads for most people, portion of people connected to the electric grid etc. And in these, kenya (0.552, medium human development level) is ahead of Nigeria (0.517, low human development level) according to UNICEF.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by adami: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
craziebone:

my dear, when people go from Nigeria to other countries for the first time, they always want to say something like that. But do you honestly think just few hours into living in another country, your mother knows enough about Kenya to begin to compare the two countries? Some people will leave Lagos for Minna and they will praise how organised Minna is to Lagos and also how more often they have power than Lagos, but to claim that Minna is now better than Lagos is absolute buuuullshit!!!!

Infrastructure is infrastructure it doesn't matter if it is provided by the government or not. Most Nigerians provide their own water when they build their houses, can you now say that's backwardness?

Again. If Kenya produces about 2k mw of electricity and they have "constant supply" in Nairobi and else where, then it is because they are giving way too much to their major cities than they are giving to the other parts.

In Nigeria, while Lagos recieves the highest amount of power generated, it doesn't have light as frequently as say Okene in Kogi state even though Kogi lets very little supply than Lagos.

So get it and just stop it already! I know what the problem is: its is frustration and nothing more!

My Mum stayed for one whole month and not a few days and all that time, there was power cut just once and it didn't last for more than 2hrs, but that's besides the point, forget about my mum, talking about myself, I have lived in Kenya for 8 months now and still counting and mind you I am an agricultural researcher so I don't just stay in Nairobi and I know much more about Nigeria's agricultural sector than you would ever know. I have been to rural Kenya and I have been to rural Nigeria and interacted with farmers and community leaders from both countries so I have very informed opinion and not heresay. The roads in their rural areas are better than ours, most of their rural areas are more connected to electricity than ours, they have this system in most rural areas where they pay about 20ksh per/day for electricity that way it is more affordable and better distributed, their government gives student loans for studies which they start repaying 3 years after graduation, life expectancy for both male and female is higher in Kenya than Nigeria, health care system (and I mean government not private hospitals) is better, infant mortality is about 50% lower than Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian so there really is no need to hype another country at the expense of mine but the truth must be said so that we know where we stand and can make appropriate plans for the future.
I know it is a very long read but you should go through Emir Sanusi's speech, he made a lot of comparisons between Nigeria and many African countries Kenya included and you would see that Nigeria needs to buckle up cos we are lagging behind other African nations.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209699-nigerian-govt-caused-economic-recession-emir-sanusi.html

Also my dear, I can't be frustrated cos I have a good life, I am just an honest genuinely worried Nigerian hoping we get things done the right way but from your aggressiveness I see you have a lot of frustration bottled up inside you from the economic recession in Nigeria, come to Kenya and relax you would feel better I promise smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ThunderingHooves: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2016
adami:

My Mum stayed for one whole month and not a few days and all that time, there was power cut just once and it didn't last for more than 2hrs, but that's besides the point, forget about my mum, talking about myself, I have lived in Kenya for 8 months now and still counting and mind you I am an agricultural researcher so I don't just stay in Nairobi and I know much more about Nigeria's agricultural sector than you would ever know. I have been to rural Kenya and I have been to rural Nigeria and interacted with farmers and community leaders from both countries so I have very informed opinion and not heresay. The roads in their rural areas are better than ours, most of their rural areas are more connected to electricity than ours, they have this system in most rural areas where they pay about 20ksh per/day for electricity that way it is more affordable and better distributed, their government gives student loans for studies which they start repaying 3 years after graduation, life expectancy for both male and female is higher in Kenya than Nigeria, health care system (and I mean government not private hospitals) is better, infant mortality is about 50% lower than Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian so there really is no need to hype another country at the expense of mine but the truth must be said so that we know where we stand and can make appropriate plans for the future.
I know it is a very long read but you should go through Emir Sanusi's speech, he made a lot of comparisons between Nigeria and many African countries Kenya included and you would see that Nigeria needs to buckle up cos we are lagging behind other African nations.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209699-nigerian-govt-caused-economic-recession-emir-sanusi.html
Also my dear, I can't be frustrated cos I have a good life, I am just an honest genuinely worried Nigerian hoping we get things done the right way but from your aggressiveness I see you have a lot of frustration bottled up inside you from the economic recession in Nigeria, come to Kenya and relax you would feel better I promise smiley smiley
That's the spirit. Yourself and @Pavore9 are providing the best in analysis straight from the horses mouth-9ja people who have lived in Kenya and other african countries. I have been to Zambia, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique,Tanzania,Rwanda,Uganda, S Sudan for considerable portions of time. I agree that our public health system has many bugs, but its not as desperate as what i saw in Tanzania and Mozambique for instance. We even have a national health insurance scheme open to all adults for a measly 200 shs or so per month.
That being said, it's the basics we should get right. Also, where this conversation should focus, seeing as it exists to support /rebut what this man FFK has said. By this i mean things like access to clean water, maternal and infant mortality, literacy levels, access to electricity, access to sanitation,..... etc you know the development indicators drill ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfroCircus: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

That's the spirit. Yourself and @Pavore9 are providing the best in analysis straight from the horses mouth-9ja people who have lived in Kenya and other african countries. I have been to Zambia, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique,Tanzania,Rwanda,Uganda, S Sudan for considerable portions of time. I agree that our public health system has many bugs, but its not as desperate as what i saw in Tanzania and Mozambique for instance. We even have a national health insurance scheme open to all adults for a measly 200 shs or so per month.
That being said, it's the basics we should get right. Also, where this conversation should focus, seeing as it exists to support /rebut what this man FFK has said. By this i mean things like access to clean water, maternal and infant mortality, literacy levels, access to electricity, access to sanitation,..... etc you know the development indicators drill ?
From the thread title, what FFK is purporting as compared to the factual reality implies he could be living under a rock. Kenya is by no means far behind Nigeria where development is concerned, it's infact marginally ahead of Nigeria.

I could bump up very many references to support my statement but would like to avoid meaningless arguments like "no 1 ever came to my house to ask this" and the post would also be one long read many would rather ignore. Thus, unless if prompted to, I'll leave it at that statement.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by davidif: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2016
RichThug:
Ffk just destroyed kenyans. Those guys are blacker dan the devil, they win those long distance race because they were promised food at the finish line :/ #SomeoneTellKenyans

Really? Is this what a minister should be saying? How can he stoop so low into the gutter to get involved in stuff like this? It looks bad on him and the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2016
All in all, there's gotta be something working for kenya. maybe a combination of bussiness environment, bussiness laws, availability of reliable infrastructure, power supply, availability of educated skilled labor , governance, quality of life, geographical location connected by airlines to the rest of Africa..
Because there are so many multinationals that choose to either launch or set up their HQ in Kenya.

International companies with African headquarters in Nairobi (Excluding those that cover only East Africa)

The following is a list of multinational companies and organizations, with their African (continent-wide or regional) headquarters in Nairobi:

Organization Region covered

China AVIC International Africa
Germany BASF Sub-Saharan Africa
India Bharti Airtel Africa
Canada BlackBerry Ltd East Africa and Central Africa
United States Chartis Africa
China China Central Television Africa
China China Daily CBD Africa
China China Radio International Africa
United States Coca Cola Africa
Diageo Africa
Norway Eltek Sub-Saharan Africa
FirstCarbon Solutions Africa
UAE GEMS Education Africa
United States General Electric Africa
United States Google Africa
European Union GSM Association Africa
Netherlands Heineken High Ridge East Africa and the Indian Ocean
United States Hill International Sub Saharan Africa
IBM Africa
United Nations ICAO East Africa and Southern Africa
United States IMF Africa
United Kingdom ITF Africa
Norway Jotun East and Central Africa
United States Kiva Africa
South Korea LG East Africa and Indian Ocean
Germany Merck KGaA Africa
Japan Mitsubishi Motors Africa
United States Motorola Solutions Sub-Saharan Africa
Switzerland Nestlé East Africa, Central Africa and West Africa
India NIIT East Africa and Central Africa
Finland Nokia Research Hub Africa, India and the Middle East
United States Qualcomm Sub-Saharan Africa
US Rockefeller Foundation Africa
Switzerland Red Cross
United States RTI International Africa

Sweden Scania AB Africa
Japan Sony East Africa and Central Africa
UK Standard Chartered Bank Africa
Stockholm Environment Institute Africa
Stratlink Global Africa
Netherlands TNT East Africa and Central Africa
Japan Toyota Africa
United States Visa Inc. Sub Saharan Africa
World Bank Africa
China Xinhua News Agency Africa

Add to that, Kenya is the only country in the developing world that has a UN headquaters, the UNEP- it has powers to call a heads of state meeting of all UN members...
Also because of the many multinationals bieng HQ to the UN, many foreign embassies also have lots of staff---some have more staff than any other embassy on the continent... the likes of BBC,CCTV, also have their biggest bureau by staff in kenya

All these companies must be choosing Kenya for some reason...

1st pic swedish largest embassy worlwide in nairobi
2, US embassy largest in africa (by staff) in nairobi
on pic 3 -avg internet speeds in M.east Africa 1st quater of 2016 (they mixed the flags of SA with turkey)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Bros, no take Agric joke with me o. I ran Agric projects in Nigeria and continued it in East Africa region working for International organizations, my export runs na side hustle for my bro since l have contacts in Kenya. cheesy cheesy

Don't use the cedis as an example as dat one no follow. My point on exchange rate is that between 2012 and now, the dollar as gained about 16% over the shilling from 88 to 102.

oh, that's the best you can now come up with, that i should not use Agric to play with you? I was thinking you will come up with better arguement but no, all you said are what you can come up with.

The fact is, Nigeria is a net exporter of so many food crops. Like i said, you don't know this and that's because of our lazy media that chooses to focus of BH and ND militants. The media is our biggest problem in this country. If we have a poor citizens orientation, then it is the media's fault. They are the ones responsible for creating a dissolutioned you.

Nasco in Jos, does not import its raw materials particularly maize. The yams we consume in this country is completely home grown. I can say the same about many other food crops. The likes of you stay in Lagos, Abuja and the othe states in the south where the people are more interested in white colar jobs and you think you know the first thing about Nigeria's agriculture?

The cedis example i gave i absolutely on-point! People started hyping Ghana at the time because of the frustration in our politics and polity at the time of Yar adua's illness when we faced a constitutional crisis.

It is the same thing now that Buhari is failing to deliver. The point is: at the time of difficulty in regional powers, the people of that country do get carried away by the challenges of the day and begin to hype other countries above theirs. It is the same thing that happened in the '90s during the clinton administration. Some Americans started hyping Japan over their country.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
toye440:

by aresa : 2:06pm On Sep 03
We've seen many Nigerian youths and some
unpatriotic and ignorant adults like Reno Omokri
on social post shallow and unintelligent pictures
of of Minister of communication and another
man from Kenya for some illogical and irrational
comparisons about looks and fashion.
1. Nigeria is the dominant ICT hub in Africa,
many times larger than Kenya
2. Nigeria has more ICT investments in that any
other country in Africa including Kenya
3. Nigeria has more ICT entrepreneurs and HUBs
than Kenya
4. Nigeria's ICT innovations from online
businesses to Job and recruitment engines are
the largest in Africa
5. Facebook CEO and founder just 1 day in
Kenya, but spent several days in Nigeria
engaging not only the ICT side of our economy,
but also entertainers, digital businesses and
marketers and film makers and even returned to
Nigeria for more ICT events and dialogue with
the Leadership in Nigeria.
6. Facebook CEO himself personality invested
tens of millions of dollars in our ICT sector
which is a strong affirmation and believe in our
strong ICT economy.
Kenya is nowhere close to Nigeria when it comes
to ICT so of what relevance is what their ICT
person looks like or what he wears.?
Looks and fashion is not a sing of greatness or
smarts, me dressing and looking better than you
doesn't mean I'm smarter and more successful
than you.
For our ICT to be better than Kenya several
times over, it means we have better ICT
environment than Kenya and the rest of Africa.
What is driving such ignorant ICT sentiments
from the likes of Reno Omokri and many ignorant
and thoughtless Nigerian youths is inferiority
complex, ignorance and low self esteem.
While many Nigerians including the ICT sector
are working hard and contributing to our
economy and our greatness, these shallow
characters with inferiority complex are busy
crying and worrying about looks and fashion..
Nigeria is great and so it shall remain regardless
our challenges...

All those your yeye paper statistics that do not hold meaning in the real world, and do not translate into improved standard of living for the citizenry. mtcheew! Go and live in Kenya for two months then come back & compare the difference before you start yarning crap! angry

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
denisfidha:
All in all, there's gotta be something working for kenya. maybe a combination of business environment, bussiness laws, availability of reliable infrastructure, power supply, availability of educated skilled labor , governance, quality of life, geographical location connected by airlines to the rest of Africa..
Because there are so many multinationals that choose to either launch or set up their HQ in Kenya.

International companies with African headquarters in Nairobi (Excluding those that cover only East Africa)

The following is a list of multinational companies and organizations, with their African (continent-wide or regional) headquarters in Nairobi:

Organization Region covered

China AVIC International Africa
Germany BASF Sub-Saharan Africa
India Bharti Airtel Africa
Canada BlackBerry Ltd East Africa and Central Africa
United States Chartis Africa
China China Central Television Africa
China China Daily CBD Africa
China China Radio International Africa
United States Coca Cola Africa
Diageo Africa
Norway Eltek Sub-Saharan Africa
FirstCarbon Solutions Africa
UAE GEMS Education Africa
United States General Electric Africa
United States Google Africa
European Union GSM Association Africa
Netherlands Heineken High Ridge East Africa and the Indian Ocean
United States Hill International Sub Saharan Africa
IBM Africa
United Nations ICAO East Africa and Southern Africa
United States IMF Africa
United Kingdom ITF Africa
Norway Jotun East and Central Africa
United States Kiva Africa
South Korea LG East Africa and Indian Ocean
Germany Merck KGaA Africa
Japan Mitsubishi Motors Africa
United States Motorola Solutions Sub-Saharan Africa
Switzerland Nestlé East Africa, Central Africa and West Africa
India NIIT East Africa and Central Africa
Finland Nokia Research Hub Africa, India and the Middle East
United States Qualcomm Sub-Saharan Africa
US Rockefeller Foundation Africa
Switzerland Red Cross
United States RTI International Africa

Sweden Scania AB Africa
Japan Sony East Africa and Central Africa
UK Standard Chartered Bank Africa
Stockholm Environment Institute Africa
Stratlink Global Africa
Netherlands TNT East Africa and Central Africa
Japan Toyota Africa
United States Visa Inc. Sub Saharan Africa
World Bank Africa
China Xinhua News Agency Africa

Add to that, Kenya is the only country in the developing world that has a UN headquaters, the UNEP- it has powers to call a heads of state meeting of all UN members...
Also because of the many multinationals bieng HQ to the UN, many foreign embassies also have lots of staff---some have more staff than any other embassy on the continent... the likes of BBC,CCTV, also have their biggest bureau by staff in kenya

All these companies must be choosing Kenya for some reason...

1st pic swedish largest embassy worlwide in nairobi
2, US embassy largest in africa (by staff) in nairobi
on pic 3 -avg internet speeds in M.east Africa 1st quater of 2016 (they mixed the flags of SA with turkey)

Thank you, oh!
I don talk this thing before, but some deluded clowns were calling me 'unpatriotic' simply for comparing Kenya with Nigeria and trying to point out that we can do so much better, if only we stop beating our chest about being the giant of Africa and get down to actually put in place processes, systems and infrastructure that actually work!! shocked

Other African countries that have gotten it right in certain critical sectors, should be emulated and not scorned! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
Kenya Power will now be required to pay customers who have their power supply cut for over three hours within a day, this is according to the Energy Amendment Bill 2015 approved by lawmakers on Thursday.

According to the new rule, the power company must issue an alert of at least 24 hours before power supply is disrupted.

"...a licensee shall be liable to compensate a consumer where due to power outages, poor quality embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed , irregularity of electricity supply or negligence, the consumer incurs financial loss; suffers from physical injuries; or any other case," the bill read in part.

The Bill indicates that Kenya Power must pay compensation that is equal to the loss and damages incurred.

"The amount paid as compensation... shall not be less than the amount the consumer would have paid the licensee, for power consumed for the period during which there was a power outage,"

However, the proposed law will not cover customers if the power outage is as a result of rains, floods and other natural causes.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/30/kenya-power-to-pay-for-blackouts-lasting-more-than-3-hours_c1342132

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Hehehe.... I dey like this kind analysis. cool Oya, wey my mat make I siddon for dis side dey enjoy the gist? wink You forgot to add that Nakumatt also runs 24-hour retail services which the likes of Shoprite have not been able to do in Nigeria, despite their sophisticated shopping complexes! What does this translate to? More jobs. And they run 3-shifts for their employees and have managed to double the number of staff on their payroll in every community where they operate.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
craziebone:

oh, that's the best you can now come up with, that i should not use Agric to play with you? I was thinking you will come up with better arguement but no, all you said are what you can come up with.

The fact is, Nigeria is a net exporter of so many food crops. Like i said, you don't know this and that's because of our lazy media that chooses to focus of BH and ND militants. The media is our biggest problem in this country. If we have a poor citizens orientation, then it is the media's fault. They are the ones responsible for creating a dissolutioned you.

Nasco in Jos, does not import its raw materials particularly maize. The yams we consume in this country is completely home grown. I can say the same about many other food crops. The likes of you stay in Lagos, Abuja and the othe states in the south where the people are more interested in white colar jobs and you think you know the first thing about Nigeria's agriculture?

The cedis example i gave i absolutely on-point! People started hyping Ghana at the time because of the frustration in our politics and polity at the time of Yar adua's illness when we faced a constitutional crisis.

It is the same thing now that Buhari is failing to deliver. The point is: at the time of difficulty in regional powers, the people of that country do get carried away by the challenges of the day and begin to hype other countries above theirs. It is the same thing that happened in the '90s during the clinton administration. Some Americans started hyping Japan over their country.

Let us talk about Agriculture which is my forte. I am a moderator in the Agriculture section which l and many others clamoured Seun to create. Go through my threads, they are Agric based. I know the possibilities Agriculture offers.

I have worked on the field while l was in Nigeria and now am in Kenya. From knowledge l have acquired in the course of work l have regularly shared with follow Nigerians through Nairaland and today many are motivated into earning income from growing cucumbers in sacks within spaces hitherto nothing can be grown. To have someone in Lagos grow cucumbers on the decking of an uncompleted building spikes my joy!

I have interned with many Kenyan companies that export Avocados in 40ft containers, likewise firms that daily exports fruits and veggies through airlines. This is what Plateau State could replicate because they have the weather to do fruits and veggies and can utilize the Abuja airport to airlift their exports to major European cities as flight duration from Abuja is shorter by about 2hrs over Nairobi, Europe is heading towards winter, fresh fruits and veggies export from Kenya is going to increase.

Have gone on a working visit to this flower farm and realize there is levels and there are so many of them in Kenya. They earn over a billion dollar from flowers alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPjdnrwoo0

Even within Nigeria as l have posted in many threads that there is need for independent content providers to looking into Agriculture and produce content as there is no Kenyan TV station that do not weekly run at least 2 Agro based programmes such as Seeds of Gold, Smart Farm, Food Friday, shamba shape-up, Smart Harvest, Hela Mchangali, Breeding cash etc and there is a dedicated TV Station called Farmer TV and through me a lot of Nairalanders follow these programmes from Nigeria! I have assisted many send materials down to Nigeria to replicate what they have watched such as doing vertical sack farming so within a space of 30ft by 90ft one can do veggies that can attract N200K monthly.

It is in my future plan based on experienced gathered to work on delivery fresh cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, courgettes, aubergine, green peas to city centres across the South east and be less dependent on these veggies coming from the North. Teach the rural folks how to organically grow them and post harvest preservation of the harvest for over a week without the loss of freshness and without the use of electricity! cheesy

Bros l don waka o!

Attached are pictures of how Kenya firms package Avocado for export.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
denisfidha:
Kenya Power will now be required to pay customers who have their power supply cut for over three hours within a day, this is according to the Energy Amendment Bill 2015 approved by lawmakers on Thursday.

According to the new rule, the power company must issue an alert of at least 24 hours before power supply is disrupted.

"...a licensee shall be liable to compensate a consumer where due to power outages, poor quality embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed , irregularity of electricity supply or negligence, the consumer incurs financial loss; suffers from physical injuries; or any other case," the bill read in part.

The Bill indicates that Kenya Power must pay compensation that is equal to the loss and damages incurred.

"The amount paid as compensation... shall not be less than the amount the consumer would have paid the licensee, for power consumed for the period during which there was a power outage,"

However, the proposed law will not cover customers if the power outage is as a result of rains, floods and other natural causes.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/30/kenya-power-to-pay-for-blackouts-lasting-more-than-3-hours_c1342132

Hehehe... I beg make I dash you 1,000 likes for this post. wink Eko Disco and their brethren in other states will never emulate this kind of gesture, and yet we call ourselves the giants of Africa! Am laughing at our people who love quoting statistics that is not reflected in our daily lives, and do not translate into a better quality of life for most of our citizens. I laugh in Greek! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
laudate:

Hehehe... I beg make I dash you 1,000 likes for this post. wink Eko Disco and their brethren in other states will never emulate this kind of gesture, and yet we call ourselves the giants of Africa! Am laughing at our people who love quoting statistics that is not reflected in our daily lives, and do not translate into a better quality of life for most of our citizens. I laugh in Greek! cheesy

this is where the problem is. When other people quote stats, to you frustrated Nigerians, it is ok. But when we quote stats, then it doesn't reflect situations on ground. C'mon, its just a proposed bill and you are already begining to jump upandan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2486) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.