Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! (26467 Views)

Teresa Mcbain; From 20 years as Christian Minister To Full Atheist, Her Story / The Miracles Approved For The Canonization Of Blessed Mother Teresa Of Calcutta / What To Know About Mother Teresa Of Calcutta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by itsdumebi(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Mother Theresa has been canonized a saint today by the Catholic church. Thousands of christian pilgrims gathered at St. Peters square today to witness the canonization ceremony.

Pope Francis declared Mother Teresa a saint at a morning Mass today, making her the model of his Jubilee Year of Mercy and in some ways his entire papacy.

Born Agnes Gonxhe Bojaxhiu Aug. 26, 1910, to Albanian parents in Skopje, Mother Teresa came to India in 1929 as a sister of the Loreto order. In 1946, she received what she described as a "call within a call" to found a new order dedicated to caring for the most unloved and unwanted, the "poorest of the poor."In 1950 she founded the Missionaries of Charity, which went onto become a global order of nuns — identified by their trademark blue-trimmed saris, as well as priests, brothers and lay co-workers.

She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979. She died in 1997.

Live on..Saint Theresa!

http://politicsngr.com/mother-theresa-now-saint/

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by funnynation(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2016
nice one

5 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by SalC: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2016
St Theresa of Calcutta pray for us.

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Kwamecron(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2016
I was not consulted ooo.......

14 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by johnpaulo(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2016
To God be glory

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by An2elect2(f): 9:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Saint my foot

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by An2elect2(f): 9:49am On Sep 04, 2016
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not
of yourself but it is a gift of God. Not of works so you
don't boast …Eph 2:8,9.

Do catholics trust in their works for salvation? Yes
with joy.

Are catholics contradicting the scriptures? o yes, with
all pleasure. Who doesn't like "traditions" better?

Are catholics going to perish by biblical standards? O
pls, with all sadness.

Are they saved based on "traditions"? O well, if we are
talking "progressive salvation"

Was m.Theresa a catholic? yesss

She followed the catholic doctrine of salvation?
that was all she knew.

By biblical standards, is she with Jesus? obviously No

But by catholic "traditions"? Yea she is in paradise
seated at the right hand side of the "blessed virgin
Mary" who still has baby "Jesus" in her arm.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Uyi168: 9:57am On Sep 04, 2016
I've read so many stuffs abt this woman..she's far from being a saint!..

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
Uyi168:
I've read so many stuffs abt this woman..she's far from being a saint!..
This is true:
Saint Teresa believed suffering—even when caused by poverty, medical problems, or starvation—was a gift from God. As a result, while her clinics received millions of dollars in donations, their conditions drew criticism from people disturbed by the shortage of medical care, systematic diagnosis, and necessary nutrition, as well as the scarcity of analgesics for those in pain.

Some have argued that the additional money could have had transformative effects on the health of the poor by creating advanced palliative care facilities in the city. Pro-choice groups criticised her stance on abortion, while pro-life advocates praised her support of fetal rights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Mother_Teresa#Criticism

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa (this is an objective source)

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by NwaNimo1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
rigged...

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by lawson06(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Change
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Akshow: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
A thoroughly nasty and vindictive person if ever there was one. The perfect example of all that is wrong with religion, give me all your money but don't expect me to spend any on helping you!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by DonaldGenes(m): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
OK
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by weblord1900: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by LajaLaba: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
hahahaha gullible monkeys grin

5 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by BIGTinfotech: 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Wow
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nickymezor(f): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hw nice.... St Teresa , pray 4 us...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by SleekyPosh(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Did I hear Saint Theresa of KALAKUTA!! shocked shocked grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Davash222(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Don't even know who to congratulate here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Long over due , God bless her soul

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by sotall(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
k
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Divinehenrich(m): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
Well deserved

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by costandi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
xx
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by BE811APP: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
But ehen...

You people should make non-Catholics understand more..

Bcuz i have lots of questions in my head... angry lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by odigiri1983(m): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
that's beautiful. waiting for Frank Duff the founder of legion of Mary.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Btruth: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
Saint my foot
....what do you call this your comment?

Mind you, you don't necessarily need to comment.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by TeamSimple(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Another chieftancy title for the whites. Are there no saints in the black race?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by kaecyy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Whether they like it or not, mother Theresa is now a SAINT
St. Theresa- pray for us.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Orikinla(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
She was a true Christian in every essence of her existence.
She drew millions of Indians and others to Jesus Christ our Messiah.
Only Almighty God JEHOVAH can produce another Mother Teresa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by pinkydove: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
she lived a true christian life, practicing what she preached.

Christians should emulate her by practicing true Christianity

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by kaecyy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
TeamSimple:
Another chieftancy title for the whites. Are there no saints in the black race?
saint kizito. St mulumba, st. Lwanga and prospective Blessed Iwene Tansi yet to be canonized.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
shout out to the indians for not buying into white mans religion. Africans go bk to ur roots

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.