Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, (3881 Views)

Saraki Meets Nigerian Union Of Journalists / SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / My "Miracles" Are Not Fake, TB Joshua Cries Out: Calls For Arrest Of Journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by r231(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2009
Saharareporters showing Governor Segun Oni's torture chambers located right inside Government House in Ado Ekit. The video shows how journalists duly accredited by Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to observe the controversial rerun of Ekiti State gubernatorial election were assaulted, beaten, bitten and maltreated by Ekiti state officials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HUQytgR7jE

The journalists had discovered paid agents who engaged in multiple thumb-printing of ballot papers on the eve of the rerun elections on  April 24th, 2009. The victims shown in this video are Itobo Ofem of the Verite Newspapers based in Rivers State); Gospel Oziri of the National Guide Newspapers based in Ebonyi State). The perpetrators and torturers in  video are; (1) Sanya Adesua alias Pero-Commissioner I of Ekiti State Civil Service Commission (ESCSC); (2) Bolanle Bruce (female) Snr. Special Assistant to Gov. Segun Oni on "Ekiti in Diaspora". She is also a member of Ekitipanupo online forum, Bruce is shown in the video interrogating the journalists and taking their pictures while addressing them as "fake journalists". (3) 'Pastor' Yemi Olayinka- A PDP Chairmanship aspirant 4 Ado-Ekiti Local Govt in d Local Govt Elections of 2008. He was defeated in d primaries by Mrs Tosin Aluko. He appeared in d video in a multi-coloured Ankara fabric and also wearing glasses.
He was laughing heartily while the journalists were being beaten mercilessly. Yemi Olayinka is also a member of Ekitipanupo online forum. (4) Olu Ojo--A strong member of d PDP from Ifaki shown in the video wearing a hat. He slapped one of the journalists towards the end of this video when they were asked to carry their shoes on their heads. Olu Ojo is the fat pig with a robust cheek .
(5) Femi Ijakoko- He is Gov Segun Oni’s thug and until recently, was second in Command to Erinmoje. He's since taken over as no 1. He was wearing a flowing buba & sokoto (Milk colour). He bites one of the journalists as a lion would tear through the flesh of its prey.   (6) Femi aka Akilapa- A PDP thug of no fixed address. He was shown in d video wearing a multi coloured 'buba' and 'sokoto' adire fabric. He was the most vicious in this video as he played the role of a professional "slapper". He was kept shouting on the journalists, "kneel down! Kneel down!"

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3849:2009-10-02-20-23-51&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by PeeDaVinci: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2009
pathetic!!!
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by jona2: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
hummmmmmmmmmm Ekiti state. shocked
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by tunnytox(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2009
God bless you r231 for revealing this secret what a shame to Nigeria and Ekiti state, who knows whether those guys are eventually killed, our people please wake up , these are the sort of topic that ought to be on the headlines on NL not this Somalia this or white men that stupid post
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by tunnytox(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2009
what amazes me is that these people are supposed to be educated bunch of niccompoos
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by asha80(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2009
tunnytox:

what amazes me is that these people are supposed to be educated bunch of niccompoos

Bagging of certificates or being 'educated' does not necessarily translate to civility

Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by tunnytox(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2009
@asha80
you are very right certificates does not translate to civility, I'm just too ashamed as a Nigerian that this barbaric act continue to happen in my country
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by r231(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
This is what happens when barbarians are given power, shame on them! If these woman is really involved and she is special adviser to a leader, God help us all. we dont need to imagine the kind of advice she has to give,
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by yeswecan(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
My goodness , animals in human skin.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Oct 06, 2009
Is that picture real? What the heck is that?
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Beaf: 1:44am On Oct 06, 2009
Femi Ijakoko- He is Gov Segun Oni’s thug and until recently, was second in Command to Erinmoje. He's since taken over as no 1. He was wearing a flowing buba & sokoto (Milk colour). He bites one of the journalists as a lion would tear through the flesh of its prey.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Damn!
Biting for 2011 has already started.

Governor Oni needs to be brought down.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Fhemmmy: 2:05am On Oct 06, 2009
How sad, and these are some people's husband and father and brother that are being slapped anyhow?
These are journalist being abused like this?
Na wa oh.
Infact, see how they all talking at same time like people at oshodi market.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Nigerd(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2009
where is justice?
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by texazzpete(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2009
We live in a cowardly country, where educated people would rather demand apologies from Sony and write online petitions against district 9, yet show great reluctance to bring monsters like these to book.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by keyremotes(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2009
That lady, Bolanle is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG pretender.
You need to see her holier than thou posture.
To imagune that she has chuldren.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by r231(m): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2009
this is the dividend of democracy in nigeria.all the buffons that perpetuated this babaric 14 century acts are still free and in the govt house.what tragedy.and the govt tell us to have faith in nigeria.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by r231(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2009
You may all have watched the repulsive clip of Nigerian journalists being brutalised in the official residence of the Ekiti State governor Segun Oni. If you have not please click or add and paste the you tube clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HUQytgR7jE . Now the only woman who took part in the despicable act is princes of torture Bola Bruce. Segun Oni’s special adviser on the “Diaspora”? Do you have her phone number? E mail address? We should start sending her text message and writing her to protest the despicable act. We are still hoping to get photographs of the other’s.

Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by asha80(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Is that picture real? What the heck is that?

His leg amputated by pdp thugs.

Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Damn!
Biting for 2011 has already started.

Governor Oni needs to be brought down.

I wonder if the man is a cannibal
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by TheSeeker(m): 10:57am On Oct 06, 2009
Nigeria is a disgrace to independent nations.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:00am On Oct 06, 2009
Oh my GOD!!!

well this is nothing compared to what goes on in one South-South State Government House at certain times of the Night, they not only amputate, they sacrifice and eat human flesh and I don't mean house-helps and secretaries., The Governor himself. one of these days the video will emerge

I do love the biting part of this video, he had slapped the Journalists soo hard his palms hurt so he had no option but to ravage his back like a hungry lion. grin
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by bsanya(f): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2009
PDP always wantto be @ the top tru any means regardless of who will be hurt.
I pray that the Judge will not take side of the PDP but give the truth judgement of the matter in Ekiti State.
May God help us in this country, IJN - Amen.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by bidemi12(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2009
i just saw the video. Ol'boy only in Nigeria. It is an indictement on the legal and police system in Nigeria where nobody bothers to go to them to solve problems. From the video i observed that the journalist covertly entered the premises to gather news without properly identifying themselves and with the security situation in the country, the people there must have been scared silly that they were up to no good. But once their identity was established they should have at the least informed the police or let them go. It is a law suit waiting to happen. What is most troubling is that confirmed government officials, who are supposed to uphold the constitution, have turned themselves to interogative officers. Which kain thing be this where even in the halls of government, jungle justice is being practised. Little wonder why the outside world look at us as neanderthals. Some will argue that they too had their problems, but there is a saying that i must not fall into the hole that the person in front of me fell into. God help us.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Eziachi: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
I am not lost for word as this is a normal everyday life for an ordinary person in that country at the mercy of political thugs, to the officers of the Navy, army, police and motor park Agboros. But did I just see one of the men biting into one of the journalist like a mad dog? Please tell me that I am seeing double!!

Nigeria is a failed state from birth and it will only get worse. My ancestors asked the question about how many time something will happen before a wise child make a move and they said the answer is once. But Nigerians even in this forum continue to lie to themselves, believe the deciets that just by miracle, things will just change for the better. Nigeria as a nation has run out of it's sale by date, its time we all go home and fix our individual problems in our respective nations, any new start.

One thing is obvious, nothing will happen to those that did this from the Nigerian police based in Abuja. In an Oduduwa republic, maybe something could have been done, because you can't do that with a fellow that live with you and get away with it but the journalist will later go back to Ebonyi and Rivers and end of story.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by texazzpete(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2009
Enough of this.
Yes we know, we've all seen the video. The next question is WHAT DO WE DO?

Let's be proactive for once. We need cogent suggestion on steps we can take to bring these men to justice.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2009
texazzpete:

Enough of this.

Let's be proactive for once. We need cogent suggestion on steps we can take to bring these men to justice.

The $1 million dollar question. sadly there is nothing we can do. especially when we continue to intellectualize issues so often.

Look at this thread from top to bottom, all intelligent-sounding people and to all purposes and intent, patriotic ones.

But then, there has never been a shortage of intellectuals and technocrats in Nigeria. we have some of the best minds from politics to technology.
Imagine a committee made up of barely university-graduate politicians who barely know the first word in electricity, hounding and lambasting a group of harvard's best on the
proper cost estimates of generating adequate power supply. and here we are today, after billions of US dollars, it cost Nigerians N796.4 billion on fuel to generate electric power that is what is projected as how much it
will take to generate 6kmgwatts that we need from PHCN. (NERC)

[url]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5464495-146/Nigerians_Spend_N796bn_to_Fuel_Generators.csp[\url]

So you see, it is not by our actions to vote that results in the leaders we have. your vote counts for nothing when the electoral process is just a facade to hide the real intentions of our old-but-young democracy. an excuse to embezzle state funds using legal infrastructures.

Back to the question, what can we do?

How many people do you think Oni has sent to their graves either directly (killing them or ordering them killed) or indirectly (diverting government monies meant for the state into private accounts)

Do you for one minute think you can reason with these people on some logical and intellectual level?

I see a lot of nigerian youths with brilliant minds coming up with brilliant ideas and putting them at the feet of amazingly dim and wicked leaders to facilitate such ideas to fruition.

it is just like an old saying, you do not wear a gold-ring on the nose of a pig.

Wise words to a fool feels like whips to his back.

The answer is what we fear and you and I know it. the only way Nigerians will have a chance to live and sustain this democracy and all the benefits therein. is if our leaders DIE!

Dialogue did not solve the Niger-Delta problem, after all NDDC has been around after billions of Naira later. (where it costs N700 million to assasinate your enemy using voodoo)
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by asha80(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

The $1 million dollar question. sadly there is nothing we can do. especially when we continue to intellectualize issues so often.

Look at this thread from top to bottom, all intelligent-sounding people and to all purposes and intent, patriotic ones.

But then, there has never been a shortage of intellectuals and technocrats in Nigeria. we have some of the best minds from politics to technology.
Imagine a committee made up of barely university-graduate politicians who barely know the first word in electricity, hounding and lambasting a group of harvard's best on the
proper cost estimates of generating adequate power supply. and here we are today, after billions of US dollars, it cost Nigerians N796.4 billion on fuel to generate electric power that is what is projected as how much it
will take to generate 6kmgwatts that we need from PHCN. (NERC)

[url]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5464495-146/Nigerians_Spend_N796bn_to_Fuel_Generators.csp[\url]

So you see, it is not by our actions to vote that results in the leaders we have. your vote counts for nothing when the electoral process is just a facade to hide the real intentions of our old-but-young democracy. an excuse to embezzle state funds using legal infrastructures.

Back to the question, what can we do?

How many people do you think Oni has sent to their graves either directly (killing them or ordering them killed) or indirectly (diverting government monies meant for the state into private accounts)

Do you for one minute think you can reason with these people on some logical and intellectual level?

I see a lot of nigerian youths with brilliant minds coming up with brilliant ideas and putting them at the feet of amazingly dim and wicked leaders to facilitate such ideas to fruition.

it is just like an old saying, you do not wear a gold-ring on the nose of a pig.

Wise words to a fool feels like whips to his back.

The answer is what we fear and you and I know it. the only way Nigerians will have a chance to live and sustain this democracy and all the benefits therein. is if our leaders DIE!

Dialogue did not solve the Niger-Delta problem, after all NDDC has been around after billions of Naira later. (where it costs N700 million to assasinate your enemy using voodoo)

gbam!We nigerians can be too academic for our own good.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by bidemi12(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Asha Any suggestion?
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by AloyEmeka9: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2009
bidemi12:

@Asha    Any suggestion?
Find this woman and send her to jail. It will also be beneficial to her because she needs to lose some weight.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/186200_ekiti_jpg7d3ea35c75d44274b949f4b836254e77
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by idupaul: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2009
They were obviously fake journalist .wtf is veritite daily .but notwitstanding torture and barbarism should be utterly condemned.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by Eziachi: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2009
texazzpete:

Enough of this.

What do you actually suggest we do? Many people like myself went to war, risk our lives to prevent the Nigeria of today reponsible for what the video is showing. But we were suppressed, crushed, maligned, deprived, laughed at and called cowards. Our defeat was celebrated with bottles of Guiness. So what is your definition of pro-active.
We told your fathers and grand fathers so, 40 odd years ago that, they will get what they are looking for.
That is exactly what the video is showing. If you don't like it, go and carry gun.
No one had ever change the scope of Nigeria dept of decay without shedding blood. Period.
Re: Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, by MT: 3:09am On Oct 07, 2009
I felt totally deflated watching that video. The issue is not to either confirm if those guys were fake journalists or not, but see the madness being exhibited by our so-called "political idiots". Jungle Justice in a modern era by people who are meant to be administrators! shocked shocked shocked.

Seun, pls let this thread make the homepage, and let it be there for many to see. We might not be in a position to do anything, but please let the news go round. Those people beating those guys, in a developed nation, suppose to be languishing in jail by now. This is really sad!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Catholic Priest Pleads Guilty In Theft Case / Are Nigerians Really Better Than Their Leaders / Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.