Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (53027 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Fidelismaria: 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
I give up zoogeria is finished zoogerians re doomed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Blue3k(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
They should let market forces determine price of gasoline. All this foolishness and market distortions caused this situation. How are we the biggest crude producers and exporter on continent and cant sustain cheap fuel. This sad it's best for government to get out of business since they've proven themselves to be failures at sverything. Free market handles things better.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by kaboninc(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nice tactics.

The government wants to increase fuel prices which is quite understandable in view of the current realities chief of which is scarcity of fx and difficulty in accessing it. So they set up a think-tank who will send out government's thought to the public and guage theit responses annd reactions.

Nice one!

Increase the damn thing already!
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Ximonak: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
onatisi:
the next will be the sacking of ministers and the sacking of fashola from 2 ministries.

This government just don't want to disappoint you at all...
My only ish is that Buhari himself don't take advice, if he want to, the implementation will then be too slow

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ximonak:

This government just don't want to disappoint you at all...
My only ish is that Buhari himself don't take advice, if he want to, the implementation will then be too slow
this ur post isn't clear at all
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onespecial(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
onatisi:
This is just the tip of the iceberg,sackings is still coming. The monster one is still coming from buhari,if I talk dat one ,ppl go run leave Nigeria. But Nigerians pls enjoy ur change .
Let me hear the happy shouts of sai Baba,sai buhari grin

pls tell us Onatisi so that one doesn't kpai for this efulefu govt. U sure say u no b prophet ? Tell us abeg make we prepare.

Biko nwanne mmadu, tell us make this Buhari no take dimkpa mmadu unawares.

11 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Geniro: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lalasticlala,Mynd44, obinoscopy. Abeg is this thread not front page worthy.

It deserves FP.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Ximonak: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
onatisi:
the next will be the sacking of ministers and the sacking of fashola from 2 ministries.

Who will sack...
Minister of Petroleum Muhammadu Buhari

Nobody is calling him to answer questions about the sector because the Godfather OBJ did it and got away without the EFCC calling him to account for the corruption he invoked in that sector

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onespecial(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Beremx:
I will not say anything till the price is eventually increased.

it is not something that can be dropped or in the governments power to control as at now. All i am saying is, if the price must remain in the current price, then scarcity looms as FG will be the only one to sacrifice to import petrol and sell at current price with the current forex. Otherwise, current exchange rate demands that 145 is no longer obtainable if there must be enough petrol. U guys urged him to cause chaos in Nigerdelta as early as in his administration when he should have waited and strike at favourable time if he must strike. New sheriff in town mantra has landed us in this mess.

Buhari felt he had absolute powers having been tagged new sheriff in town and hence neglected factors and environments that wield effective powers. U can as well urge him to make peace with all in Nigeria, then fight his so called enemies when they will have no influence in the course of things, i mean if he must fight his enemies oo, both ones he created and ones he earned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Ximonak: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
onatisi:
this ur post isn't clear at all
They refuse to do the opposite of your prediction

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
Vince77:

pls say it now lets be ready
I said it 4 times last year,it is the only one left that buhari hasn't done and already the signs are there that he will soon do it . Till then I will just be patient

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ximonak:

They refuse to do the opposite of your prediction
You dont understand buhari, if you do you will understand the problems even his ministers will be having with him

5 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Ximonak: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
onespecial:

it is not something that can be dropped or in the governments power to control as at now. All i am saying is, if the price must remain in the current price, then scarcity looms as FG will be the only one to sacrifice to import petrol and sell at current price with the current forex. Otherwise, current exchange rate demands that 145 is no longer obtainable if there must be enough petrol.
So what's the way forward because they just indirectly told us that the only way to move Nigeria forward is to keep milking the masses.

Just cutting cost in governance in federal and local level by 80% and removing unrealistic allowance (Eg hardship allowance) will help in a way

3 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Vince77(m): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
onatisi:

I said it 4 times last year,it is the only one left that buhari hasn't done and already the signs are there that he will soon do it . Till then I will just be patient

just tell me na pls

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by policy12: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hmmmm

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onespecial(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ximonak:

So what's the way forward because they just indirectly told us that the only way to move Nigeria forward is to keep milking the masses.

Just cutting cost in governance in federal and local level by 80% and removing unrealistic allowance (Eg hardship allowance) will help in a way

yes, but who wants to cut his source of income legally or illegally among our leaders ? Don't u notice a silent conspiration on the issue of salary and allowance issue of our leaders ?

Our leaders need to be selfless first, then have us the masses in mind.

Buhari should come out and demand for support from angles of the nation then equally show he seriously needs coperation from all through his actions.

His early animosity with Nigerdelta region barely a year into his administration worsened everything.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by africanjink(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
Waiting for presidency own talk
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.
.Make them kuku kill us. We are ready to die. On a second thought,one will wonder if (NDLEA),are actually doing their job. This guys are highing on something.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Chicha1: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
See, make una just carry gun dey kill us for our houses na

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Waspy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
Their fada

3 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by phanshark(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Teewhy2:
John Ameh, Fidelis Soriwei, Friday Olokor, Adelani Adepegba and Okechukwu Nnodim

http://punchng.com/fuel-n145litre-no-longer-sustainable-nnpc/
A FEE CEE "CHANGE"

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by 9jatatafo(m): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Freedom4us: 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
By the time APC & Buhari have finished with Nigeria,
even the ground will reject Buhari & APC!

The dullard is going the way of Abacha in policies, and who knows whatelse they'd have in common soon

7 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by sheddy03: 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
PaulIdu:
Immediately I saw Nupeng threaten to go on strike I knew another fuel increment around the corner ..Buhari has spent almost two years on power but is still silent on what his plans for our refineries are
during campaigns, they promised our refineries will work. and that we will buy fuel at N50/l.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by tosyne2much(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
princemillla:
This is where I would be very angry with this nation. Make FG kukuma close down this nation and let's start seeking asylum in other countries. Cuz am sure av not heard of any coming policy to salvage this mess.
Hahaha roflwkmd cheesy The emboldened got me laughing ooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
Yes, let NNPC fold up. That's what we want. What's not sustainable. Some stations are selling at 143 or 140. Who does business at a loss. Obviously, these marketers are not making money a they used to. PPPRA and all of them are not seeing money as they used to. The aim of deregulation is for the business to look unsustainable for those that don't have the right business models. This is not FG's problem. It's we same Nigerians doing business as marketers. NNPC should fold up, let's see what happens. We will survive.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by MrSly(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE GIVING YOURSELVES HEART ATTACK

WHILE MANY FILLING STATIONS ARE REDUCING THEIR PUMP PRICES TO BETWEEN 138 TO 140, YOU ARE DREAMING OF PRICE INCREASE

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW ON PRICE MODULATION.

NO MORE PRICE INCREASE AGAIN

ANYWAY WE KNOW THOSE BEHIND THIS THREAD
so you did not hear the threat by NLC few days ago. threatening to go on strike if price PMS i s hiked again. do you thinks they just woke to say that if there was nothing on ground in that rega.rd

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by maestroz: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.

Buhari as president no longer sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Sofan(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
This government is the worst ever! No money ,no jobs,no peace among others... Nigerians must go back to drawing board. I think people ll be dead all by the time the self claimed change ll arrive grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ibe kachikwu thought that NNPC is a fashion parade ground.
Owners of filling stations are deeply worried about low sales,
In some states filling stations are even selling at #140, and some are laying of their staff, instead of them sleeping off on duty

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by mengho(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
if Buhari allowed dis to happen, then he has a 99.98%(b4 it was 98%) of loosing d next election I.e if he completed his tenure, just imagine indomie now cost almost 2000 naira per small carton instead of d usual 1250, on economics, dis administration is totally & completely clueless

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by MissingBudget: 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
All hail the dullard of Daura. He must be wondering how GEJ kept us afloat all these while. Illiterate cattle rearer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC NWC officially Suspends Rochas Okorocha, Amosun / Ganduje/Sanusi Feud: Kano Lawmakers ‘Fight’ Over Mace, Disrupt Sitting / Tunde Bakare Lists The Enemies Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.