Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (53030 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2016
nwamehn:

I'm beginning to respect u, I swear. A prophet is not only known when he shouts on top of his voice with a holy book in his hand and sprinkles holy water all over people.
Bros ,even this year has almost ended and yet this government has done absolutely nothing since it came into power last year,they are still blaming pdp by the end of October they will start talking about 2017 budget preparations ,budget implementation is below 40%, the truth is they have lost control of the whole system.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by planetx: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:

Before heading off to the UK, please ask him how much the following things are in the UK:

1. Rent
2. Food
3. Fuel
4. Travel
5. Electricity
6. Water
7. Telephone

Next, ask him to deduct the cost of these from his salary, and then see whether there's anything left. In fact, ask him whether that money he's calling is enough to cover these costs in the first place, nevermind what's left.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. I'm from the UK, trust me, I know what I'm saying. If you think that people are not suffering in the UK too, then go over there for 2 years. I'm willing to bet that you would be begging to come back to Nigeria. As crazy as that may sound to you right now, I'm very certain that I'm 100% right.

Regards

Uvie
I am always amazed when people use the fallen value of the Naira to explain how migrating to western countries as a better option to living in Nigeria. Like all the money you earn will be converted to Naira and you will be living on the street and breathing in oxygen as food.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by cooltola(m): 7:46am On Sep 05, 2016
We have no choice but to wait for Dangote. The questions to ask is how can we stop depending on oil as a main source of income so that this recession do not happen again and look for alternate ways of make money as a nation. Till then things will only get worse until oil per barrell reach $50 and hopefully stay upward.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Polyglot7pointO: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2016
my bro uvie..u av spoken well..but is not always about the cush u know...if u cut ur coat according to ur size if u know wat i mean u will live ok but not well within ur means..secondly there are factors ,i mean too many factors mitigating against living well in nigeria..food is cheap abraod and u av alot of options to buy ..ask me about any con3 in europe and i will answer correctly..lets not even talk abt the king of dem all USA..no light,road,u av the fuel but u cant afford how much is a litre of fuel in europe?if u pay for all dis things and u get dem u will be able to think straight..nigerians are behaving like sociopaths becuz they harbor anger inside,dont fault them they know what is good,labor hard to get it but the govt keeping pushing it further away from them..let me not talk too much now but i will answer ur questions if u address them nicely without insults..living abroad is tough especially if u want to av class or meet up with high ends peers..but on the other hand even if u earn 300k a month in nja u will still look unkept/stressed cuz of the things lacking in the society..dont deceive ursef u can never compare living abroad with living in nja..sometimes i miss nja but wen i come i get tired already after 3weeks..i feel av overstayed my welcome..ur govt officials travel abroad see good things ,know good things but cant replicate it..all snakes crawl but u dont know which has stomach upset..let whoever has the means to travel travel..but never travel without a motive and a just mindset my advice.
Barcholder:

Before heading off to the UK, please ask him how much the following things are in the UK:

1. Rent
2. Food
3. Fuel
4. Travel
5. Electricity
6. Water
7. Telephone

Next, ask him to deduct the cost of these from his salary, and then see whether there's anything left. In fact, ask him whether that money he's calling is enough to cover these costs in the first place, nevermind what's left.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. I'm from the UK, trust me, I know what I'm saying. If you think that people are not suffering in the UK too, then go over there for 2 years. I'm willing to bet that you would be begging to come back to Nigeria. As crazy as that may sound to you right now, I'm very certain that I'm 100% right.

Regards

Uvie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by cescky(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:
We can scream and cry as much as we want, it changes nothing. The Naira has been greatly devalued over the last few months, and the price of everything has gone up dramatically, as we rely almost exclusively on imports.

Fuel is no different, so why does it come as a shock to anyone that the price of fuel will also go up shortly? Let's get real and stop with the helpless thrashing about. All the screaming and protesting in the world isn't going to change a single thing. Have you not seen the price of diesel rise from 120 to 200 already this year? What has kerosene risen by this year so far?

What Nigerians should be figuring out is what they can do to eliminate their near total dependence on petrol, because that's the only way to survive the coming onslaught. Principally, fuel is consumed most to power generators, however, there are other, cheaper forms of generating power in Nigeria today, so why not focus on moving to those.

Solar power is considerably cheaper than petrol in generating power, and there are now so many cheap and easy ways to get it. Why don't we all focus our minds on that, and move beyond this petrol price nonsense once and for all.

I can tell you that I've not bought a single litre of petrol for generator in 3 and a half years, and I've never been without light for a single second in all that time. I use Solar Power to generate my energy and have no need for a generator. So, from a personal perspective, even if they increase the price to 1,000 per litre, it's not going to affect me.

Surely, this is the best way for Nigerians to go now, surely! How much more pain and suffering do you want to endure before starting to make smart decisions?

If you want to find out how you can get Solar Power for your home and business affordably, let me know.

Regards

Uvie

Sorry to bust ur bubble mr uvie ... U are totally wrong. Fuel isn't just used for lights, fuel is used for everything if u touch fuel price it's has a serious multiplier effect cost of fuel will affect cost of food, cost of t fare, cost of house, cost of light , in this Nigerian economy fuel is the principal thing... Sorry but ur point is no point at all,na person whey done chop go think of solar light.....I Thot u wer living in U.K. ?....and with these ur analysis and the way things are are I sure the person who said migrating to uk is better isn't right?

I wonder why such sensitive news hit front page so late in the night...where views hip will be less?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2016
cooltola:
We have no choice but to wait for Dangote. The questions to ask is how can we stop depending on oil as a main source of income so that this recession do not happen again and look for alternate ways of make money as a nation. Till then things will only get worse until oil per barrell reach $50 and hopefully stay upward.
We have a choice and even I will say choices ,but the problem is we have a leader who is a one way traffic and doesn't believe in alternative choices on issues. So if dangote decides to postpone his refinery till 2024 Nigerians will have to keep on suffering? As bad as the situation is now ,give this nation to an achiever like dangote and see how he will turn things around within 12 months even without his billions.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2016
planetx:
I am always amazed when people use the fallen value of the Naira to explain how migrating to western countries as a better option to living in Nigeria. Like all the money you earn will be converted to Naira and you will be living on the street and breathing in oxygen as food.

It's crazy how misinformed people are, like you said, they must think that everything is free in the Western world, and all their earnings can be converted and sent back to Nigeria. If I was to tell people the cost of living in the UK, they will collapse.

I was home just last week, and I can tell you first hand that a tiny 2 bedroom house in the outskirts of the city now rents for £1,600 per month. That's £19,200 per year, or N10.2m a year. The equivalent house in a comparable area like Yaba would rent for nothing more than N800,000 per year.

Then take Fuel, that everyone is complaining about right now. A litre of petrol is now £1.09, which is the equivalent of N583 per Litre. Take electricity bill, the current rate is £0.16 per kWh. That's the equivalent of N85.60 per kWh, and we are here crying about N23 per kWh.

People here simply have no clue how hard things are over there.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Akpan107(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonjas Afonja

Good Morning grin

You guys hatred for the glorious SS and SE has ruined your destinies
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2016
cooltola:
With the way the naira is falling, I will not be amazed if it becomes N340 per gallon by this December. Hopefully Dangote can finish building his refineries before then and the price can go down. Give Buhari more time abeg and i know he is not impressive right now. For things to get better , sacrifices must be made. Nigeria needs to stop depending on oil as a sole income. It is an economic depression rite now, but things will become better. Many oil producing countries are going through an economic recession. We will survive this storm and become a stronger nation.
Just look at angry Read what you wrote again, so for your mind 1 functioning Refinary in Nigeria can greatly affect prices and availability of products? Why was 3 build in Nigeria if 1 can do it? Let me tell you we are in this mess because buhari has refused to address pressing issues in the country and is after looters when the money his chasing is not even enough to pay civil servants for 3 months not to mention funding Nigerians budget. We are feed up with this nonsense and no one is giving him any rubbish time. Yes!!! We are dependent on oil! and he fooled you thinking he wants to diversify the economy when his busy spending billions of dollars looking for the same oil angry If you know the best thing for you don't mention buhari in the streets of lagos to avoid being stoned to death.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by wakamotion: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE GIVING YOURSELVES HEART ATTACK

WHILE MANY FILLING STATIONS ARE REDUCING THEIR PUMP PRICES TO BETWEEN 138 TO 140, YOU ARE DREAMING OF PRICE INCREASE

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW ON PRICE MODULATION.

NO MORE PRICE INCREASE AGAIN

Don't be deceived those filling stations with lower price tag are delivering less than a litre. for the price displayed
I advise you buy from those displaying 145 /litre, they are a bit fair in their litre delivery

ANYWAY WE KNOW THOSE BEHIND THIS THREAD
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by gemale(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Make dem continue o. My own b say d day wey pms reach N200, I dey available on contract 2 take care of dem bubu, lailai & all dem useless pple. @ least if I kpai, I go turn national hero.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by cescky(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:

It's crazy how misinformed people are, like you said, they must think that everything is free in the Western world, and all their earnings can be converted and sent back to Nigeria. If I was to tell people the cost of living in the UK, they will collapse.

I was home just last week, and I can tell you first hand that a tiny 2 bedroom house in the outskirts of the city now rents for £1,600 per month. That's £19,200 per year, or N10.2m a year. The equivalent house in a comparable area like Yaba would rent for nothing more than N800,000 per year.

Then take Fuel, that everyone is complaining about right now. A litre of petrol is now £1.09, which is the equivalent of N583 per Litre. Take electricity bill, the current rate is £0.16 per kWh. That's the equivalent of N85.60 per kWh, and we are here crying about N23 per kWh.

People here simply have no clue how hard things are over there.

Regards

Uvie

Oga I've heard stories about uk and many of us have friends and family there ....but this hawking "things are hard things are hard " only shows u have a wrong perspective and perception . For success in this life is a mindset success is internal not external. So that means take a man with a success mindset to a village and he will still prosper , my issue with ur things are hard cry is that at least in the western world things work...if your taxed hugely you will see the benefit of this tax , ull leave amongst people who act humane etc unlike Nigeria here ....my point is things work in the west and factors militating against ur success can't be compared with the factors in Nigeria , so stop this your cry. Any one whose stayed worked and husstled in Lagos but with SUcess mindset I believe will find life a lot easier in Uk( am saying uk because I know it's one of the toughest in the west)
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Dainfamous: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2016
outknow:
In Nnamdi Kanu's voice "I will destroy the zoo with truth..."
hahahaha the animals in the zoo is facing austerity biting by the time buhari finish with them his supporters will look like toothpick hunger everywhere for afonjazing

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:
We can scream and cry as much as we want, it changes nothing. The Naira has been greatly devalued over the last few months, and the price of everything has gone up dramatically, as we rely almost exclusively on imports.

Fuel is no different, so why does it come as a shock to anyone that the price of fuel will also go up shortly? Let's get real and stop with the helpless thrashing about. All the screaming and protesting in the world isn't going to change a single thing. Have you not seen the price of diesel rise from 120 to 200 already this year? What has kerosene risen by this year so far?

What Nigerians should be figuring out is what they can do to eliminate their near total dependence on petrol, because that's the only way to survive the coming onslaught. Principally, fuel is consumed most to power generators, however, there are other, cheaper forms of generating power in Nigeria today, so why not focus on moving to those.

Solar power is considerably cheaper than petrol in generating power, and there are now so many cheap and easy ways to get it. Why don't we all focus our minds on that, and move beyond this petrol price nonsense once and for all.

I can tell you that I've not bought a single litre of petrol for generator in 3 and a half years, and I've never been without light for a single second in all that time. I use Solar Power to generate my energy and have no need for a generator. So, from a personal perspective, even if they increase the price to 1,000 per litre, it's not going to affect me.

Surely, this is the best way for Nigerians to go now, surely! How much more pain and suffering do you want to endure before starting to make smart decisions?

If you want to find out how you can get Solar Power for your home and business affordably, let me know.

Regards

Uvie

Can you install solar panels on top my motor so I won't need fuel What of hired vehicles and public transport Bros abeg use your head. Everything is not an opportunity for marketing.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by kakacoke01: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2016
bayelsa1son:
Dont mind those empty people
no b una fault na dat bastard called tinubu
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2016
cescky:

Sorry to bust ur bubble mr uvie ... U are totally wrong. Fuel isn't just used for lights, fuel is used for everything if u touch fuel price it's has a serious multiplier effect cost of fuel will affect cost of food, cost of t fare, cost of house, cost of light , in this Nigerian economy fuel is the principal thing... Sorry but ur point is no point at all,na person whey done chop go think of solar light.....I Thot u wer living in U.K. ?....and with these ur analysis and the way things are are I sure the person who said migrating to uk is better isn't right?

I wonder why such sensitive news hit front page so late in the night...where views hip will be less?

Firstly, show me where I said that fuel is ONLY used for power, please quote it back to me. In true Nigerian fashion, you think you are educating me, when in fact, I'm the one who should be educating you. Here's some facts for you:

1. Approximately 65% of all fuel sales in Nigeria are for powering generators. Only 35% is related to other things, such as motoring.

2. The single biggest consumer of disposable in Nigeria is petrol for generator generation. The average household spends in Nigeria spends N36,000 a month on fuel for their generators, this is more than they spend of food.

3. The very high fuel prices are caused by the weak and ever weakening value of the Naira. The actual dollar price of a litre of fuel is actually far lower today than it was 2 years ago.

4. The single biggest factor in weakening the Naira is the lack of local refining capacity, and therefore, huge dollar demand for fuel importation by the fuel marketers. It's estimated that as much as 70% of all dollar demand in Nigeria is to import fuel.

5. By powering homes with solar, you achieve 3 MAJOR things. First, you dramatically reduce the costs of power to the average Nigerian home, by approximately 60%. That's additional disposable income for the family to spend on other things, and not continually give to the fuel stations.

Second, by giving every home 24 hours power, you significantly increase their level of economic productivity, because they are now able to earn significant extra money from home, e.g. online. For example, most UK families make extra money to survive by trading online, on platforms such as Ebay. They can do this because they have 24 hours light. Nigerians can't because they don't. Furthermore, those extra earnings will be denominated in hard currencies, benefiting not only the families, but the entire Nigerian economy.

Third, by eliminating the demand for fuel to power generators, you crash the market for fuel by 65%. This dramatically decreases the amount of fuel imported into Nigeria, which has 2 major effects. (1) it takes away the huge pressure on the Naira currently being experienced daily (70% of all USD demand is for fuel importation). This is turn significantly strengthens the value of the Naira compared to the Dollar. Indeed, it's been estimated by world bank economists that this would strenthen the Naira down to the range of N130 - N150 to the Dollar.
(2) It means that suddenly, the existing local refining capacity is now sufficient to fully meet all local demand. With Dangote's refinery coming onstream in 2018, it means that Nigeria will immediately become a net EXPORTER of petroleum products, significantly increasing our foreign currency earnings, and further strengthening the value of Naira against the Dollar.

All of which has the happy effect of reducing local fuel prices, and reducing inflation in general.

It's very easy for Nigerians to sit and write abusive messages, far more difficult for them to engage their brains and come up with viable solutions to their problems.

Regards

Uvie

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2016
grossintel:
Can you install solar panels on top my motor so I won't need fuel What of hired vehicles and public transport Bros abeg use your head. Everything is not an opportunity for marketing.

It is you who needs to use your head, and learn to join the dots. That's right, join the dots. This is exactly the reason why Nigeria is suffering today, because joined up thinking is tragically lacking in the people.

If the cost of fueling your car increases by an amount LESS than what you have saved in powering your home, are you

A) Better off financially
B) Worse off financially
C) The same as before

This is my last post, I have a company to run, and 40 families to feed. I don't have the time and energy to be debating with ignorant and abusive people.

Regards

Uvie

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by cescky(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2016
Barcholder:

Firstly, show me where I said that fuel is ONLY used for power, please quote it back to me. In true Nigerian fashion, you think you are educating me, when in fact, I'm the one who should be educating you. Here's some facts for you:

1. Approximately 65% of all fuel sales in Nigeria are for powering generators. Only 35% is related to other things, such as motoring.

2. The single biggest consumer of disposable in Nigeria is petrol for generator generation. The average household spends in Nigeria spends N36,000 a month on fuel for their generators, this is more than they spend of food.

3. The very high fuel prices are caused by the weak and ever weakening value of the Naira. The actual dollar price of a litre of fuel is actually far lower today than it was 2 years ago.

4. The single biggest factor in weakening the Naira is the lack of local refining capacity, and therefore, huge dollar demand for fuel importation by the fuel marketers. It's estimated that as much as 70% of all dollar demand in Nigeria is to import fuel.

5. By powering homes with solar, you achieve 3 MAJOR things. First, you dramatically reduce the costs of power to the average Nigerian home, by approximately 60%. That's additional disposable income for the family to spend on other things, and not continually give to the fuel stations.

Second, by giving every home 24 hours power, you significantly increase their level of economic productivity, because they are now able to earn significant extra money from home, e.g. online. For example, most UK families make extra money to survive by trading online, on platforms such as Ebay. They can do this because they have 24 hours light. Nigerians can't because they don't. Furthermore, those extra earnings will be denominated in hard currencies, benefiting not only the families, but the entire Nigerian economy.

Third, by eliminating the demand for fuel to power generators, you crash the market for fuel by 65%. This dramatically decreases the amount of fuel imported into Nigeria, which has 2 major effects. (1) it takes away the huge pressure on the Naira currently being experienced daily (70% of all USD demand is for fuel importation). This is turn significantly strengthens the value of the Naira compared to the Dollar. Indeed, it's been estimated by world bank economists that this would strenthen the Naira down to the range of N130 - N150 to the Dollar.
(2) It means that suddenly, the existing local refining capacity is now sufficient to fully meet all local demand. With Dangote's refinery coming onstream in 2018, it means that Nigeria will immediately become a net EXPORTER of petroleum products, significantly increasing our foreign currency earnings, and further strengthening the value of Naira against the Dollar.

All of which has the happy effect of reducing local fuel prices, and reducing inflation in general.

It's very easy for Nigerians to sit and write abusive messages, far more difficult for them to engage their brains and come up with viable solutions to their problems.

Regards

Uvie

Mr man I didn't read ur write up sorry...!the tone at the beginning sounded way off..am not here to fight am bigger than that. I think the poster that said he stays overseas and will answer all ur questions "only if its void of insults" knows u better....since u know it all more than me and wish to educate me says a lot..... Am swerving to my lane.

If I need to show you where u implied that and u can't deduce it by urself means am wasting my precious time.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by calabardick(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2016
This is what happens when an illiterate is in power, confusion everywhere, commotion everywhere.

What a pity, the destiny of a great nation entrusted into the hands of a common retired military herdsman, Mbom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Dainfamous: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2016
Aresa Sai baba angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Malawian(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Leopardd:
Onatisi the prophet, come oh, e don dey happen.
you better not be calling that guy to make another prediction angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Dcanio: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2016
Why warn the government let them shoot themselves on the leg...so they can learn ....This is what happens we minister can't talk to the president in his face....They are all scared to tell him the truth foolish goats

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by mindworx: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.

Please if this analysis is true.. I will cry, cos i tot am now a big boy. cry
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by toidflex(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
If increasing it will solve Nigeria problem, they should increase it.
how many times hav dey increase fuel has it been able to solve the nigeria problem?keep ur mouth shut and hold ur peace cos i believe u are still eating from ur mother's pot of soup.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by fidkaitoo: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Very serious. So many people are not commenting on this tread, why?
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Dcanio:
Why warn the government let them shoot themselves on the leg...so they can learn ....This is what happens we minister can't talk to the president in his face....They are all scared to tell him the truth foolish goats
one of his aides even had the audacity to come public and say that only few Nigerians are complaining and that all is well.then another came out to say that the first thing buhari reads in the office first thing is the newspaper jokes and that he laughs a lot!!! Just imagine the sort of ppl ruling Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Xapio: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2016
cooltola:
With the way the naira is falling, I will not be amazed if it becomes N340 per gallon by this December. Hopefully Dangote can finish building his refineries before then and the price can go down. Give Buhari more time abeg and i know he is not impressive right now. For things to get better , sacrifices must be made. Nigeria needs to stop depending on oil as a sole income. It is an economic depression rite now, but things will become better. Many oil producing countries are going through an economic recession. We will survive this storm and become a stronger nation.
So you think dangote will do charity for you? Some time I smh the way you Nigeria think. The crude oil will not be supplied to dangote for free so, he won't even mind exporting the refined product to make enough profit. He is a private business man and profit over Evey other thing is his first priority.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2016
Malawian:
you better not be calling that guy to make another prediction angry angry angry angry angry
you Nigerians don't like the truth,when I said it last December and this year January that a bag of rice will be sold for 20k many looked at me like a mad man ,I remember telling those market women in Nigeria then to store enough rice. You guys simply dont understand that we are talking about a man called BUHARI. Ok oooo. I will just keep shut and watch

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by jpphilips(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
John Ameh, Fidelis Soriwei, Friday Olokor, Adelani Adepegba and Okechukwu Nnodim

http://punchng.com/fuel-n145litre-no-longer-sustainable-nnpc/

Crippling of oil export lines has necessitated the unavailability of refinery feedstock hence our supply are routed through importers who are exposed to exchange rate differentials, with $$ running Amok, it is no brainer that PMS at its mercy should increase.
Happy bombing fellow Nigerians!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Reference(m): 9:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Nothing wrong in right pricing. If it is not sustainable then so be it. Scacity and uncertainty is far worse. We should not do anything inimical to investment in that sector meaning that we should prove as a nation to be ready to pay for things. Years of free or next to nothin fuel has spoilt us. Petroleum products are very expensive in nature and that is why it is a global phenomenon and from the devastation of the Niger - Delta we can see the price being paid to get it. Fuel is precious. Unfortunately we have been living a lie for decades no thanks to the owners of Nigeria and their military and civilian collaborators. Now we have to reset our mentality to the present realities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Lists The Enemies Of Nigeria / APC NWC officially Suspends Rochas Okorocha, Amosun / Ganduje/Sanusi Feud: Kano Lawmakers ‘Fight’ Over Mace, Disrupt Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.