Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,698 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director (48365 Views)

Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... / MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director, Ak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by abimic(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Finally, abeg buhari should speedily approve it o, they should make working days two sef. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday should be work free days sef:well, that concerns me not as long as salary isn't affected.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Johnrake69: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
ignoramus...

Sunday is not work free day allover the world..

And yes Fridays are work free days in most Arab nations..

The financial and commodities market all over the world close on Friday to resume on monday. And maybe you should mention one exchange that conducts business on a Sunday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by ken4jj(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
My worry about this kind of talk is what it would stir up on the streets. We all know how these guys behave. Don't be surprised that they would go on a killing spree tomorrow to begin this agitation. I don't trust this guys.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by FunkyMetahuman: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
donwilz:
I guess Saturday is also for Christians. These sort of logics is what makes up bigots. Religion this and that whereas nations are developing and moving forward. Some Christmas worship during the week. Should such days be also allocated as work free days? The day we outgrow these insignificant tantrums and be more nationalistic, that day we truly begin to build a nation. People like you annoy me. I had such shallow mentality, but one can outgrow them. Muslims and Christians are making advancements in research, medicine, science and technology and this insignificant Ishaq is making noise over nothing.
all over the world, there are usually 2 work free days..

One mostly for dominant religion and the other for people to rest.

In Arab nations, weekend starts mostly Thursdays and Fridays or Friday and Saturdays, and works start on Sundays

Fridays for religion and the other day for rest.

In Nigeria, it was skewed to favour Christians because colonial masters were Christians.
It suppose to be Friday and Sunday or Friday through Sunday. for a country like Nigeria that has 50-50 Muslims and Christian population.
Favoritism shouldn't be tolerated..

For the record, I'm an atheist.. But Christians hypocrisy reeks.

6 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by uvalued(m): 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
eyeview:
I wish I can meet this idiot. I will just ask him two questions.
1, is Sunday a work free day all over the world?
Answer: yes
2,is Friday a work free day in Saudi, UAE,Pakistan and other Muslim nations?
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed
make i google to comfam
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by socrates007: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ok if na so.make them give ifa worshipper thier own monday,obatala own na tuesday,amadioha people own na Wednesday ,sango na thursday which day come remain?na him be say make we no go kukuma go work again.all men go just they stay house they collect salary.yeye people

3 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by FunkyMetahuman: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Johnrake69:

The financial and commodities market all over the world close on Friday to resume on monday. And maybe you should mention one exchange that conducts business on a Sunday.
go through this same thread .. Your questions have been answered .. Stop disturbing me with mumu questions.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by pepigeorge(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
truly:

Since Islam got to many parts of Nigeria before Christianity, you should be the one leaving

And you will be fully entitled to set witches ablaze like you have been doing in Southern Nigeria

We want to leave...have u been deaf....we have been chanting it since 1967......and since Christianity came to this world b4 that man brought the dis wicked cult cut rat religion to this world.....leave the dis earth for us in peace...... children of Satan. .....

I pray Donald Trump wins and send these bigotry fvckers to their paradise of hell

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by shukudi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
Maybe cus his head is black, his brain might be black also. Madridguy, pls tell him he is putting on christian shirt and tie. Let him start his protest from his wardrobe, then we can begin to take him serious like ppl @ yaba left.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by truly: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
crackhouse:
This man is really a trouble maker. Why not divide this country so that everybody will do whatever that pleases them.

Christians asked for Saturday to be made workfree because of 7th day Adventists - granted by Gowon
That was not trouble making
The same 7th day Adventist recently asked INEC to stop conducting elections on Saturday - it was not trouble making
Christians asked for Christians Pilgrim welfare Commission - it was granted and it was not trouble making
Nobody asked that this country be divided on those ocassions

Muslims went to court in Lagos so that they can wear Hijab in public schools, high court said no they obeyed and appealed
A panel of appeal court granted the appeal, Christians asked Lagos State to disobey the court order
Court in Osun permitted the suit to wear Hijab, Christians who were not part of the suit said if Muslims are allowed, they will wear Church robes to school. They never said they were not happy with the uniform
Meaning they are only interested in stopping muslims from enjoying the benefits of the court judgment

Now Muslims want to enjoy what Christians have been enjoying - suddenly it is trouble making

Can you in clear conscience appear before God and say Muslims are the one causing trouble?

5 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Elguyik(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
FG Must declared friday as free work like sunday
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by jay7(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
eyeview:
I wish I can meet this idiot. I will just ask him two questions.
1, is Sunday a work free day all over the world?
Answer: yes
2,is Friday a work free day in Saudi, UAE,Pakistan and other Muslim nations?
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed

You go mind him

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by farem: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
truly:

I don't understand, should we ask Christians who don't go to church to forfeit their rights to stay at home on Sundays
Or Christians who don't fast during lenten period to come to work on Easter Monday?
Or should be excommunicated?

What exactly are you saying?
Are you saying the government should now be enforcing religious injunctions simply because Muslims want to have a day to worship like Christians have always had?

Intolerance is the problem with your post

Do not allow bigotry to becloud your judgment! Someone refers commercial banking in Nigeria as RIBA - that means it's totally totally unislamic and in other words attracting wrath of Allah and he shamefully did not ask them to quit in order to escape the wrath of this deity. And here you are talking back at me. Aren't we supposed to be on the same page? Or is riba/Christian (so he calls it) banking now welcome by Allah?

Please explain

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by pepigeorge(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thats why we are clamouring for through federalism. ...
so that every state generates her own Income..... if the northern state wants to have 365days holiday to serve the moon.... After wish they eat desert sand... That's their fucking business. . Who cares

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by ogaontop(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
jubrealguy:
What Religion will cause in this world........ehn!!!
infact eeh! Me tire. cry cry
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by niggi4life(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
neocortex:

Are you suggesting Fridays and Sundays as weekend while
you go to work on saturdays ?
even Saturday is truly the resting day(the Sabbath day)

So e kuku better make the govt declare Friday to Sunday evening as work free day then...
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Adepts: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
I SMELLED SOME HYPOCRITE XTIAN HERE TRYING TO DISPUTE WITH MURIC,THIS IS NOTIN OTHER THAN INTOLERANCE ON THE PART OF XTIAN.THEY ALL MAKE NOICE ON LITTLE ISSUE BUT WHEN MUSLIMS COME OUT WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE INTEGRAT PART OF THIER RELIGION THAT IS WHEN CAN START STAGING USELESS PROTEST...

MY GOLDING ADVISE TO ALL XTIAN

TRY TO BE TOLERANT

3 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by jay7(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
truly:

Christians asked for Saturday to be made workfree because of 7th day Adventists - granted by Gowon
That was not trouble making
The same 7th day Adventist recently asked INEC to stop conducting elections on Saturday - it was not trouble making
Christians asked for Christians Pilgrim welfare Commission - it was granted and it was not trouble making
Nobody asked that this country be divided on those ocassions

Muslims went to court in Lagos so that they can wear Hijab in public schools, high court said no they obeyed and appealed
A panel of appeal court granted the appeal, Christians asked Lagos State to disobey the court order
Court in Osun permitted the suit to wear Hijab, Christians who were not part of the suit said if Muslims are allowed, they will wear Church robes to school. They never said they were not happy with the uniform
Meaning they are only interested in stopping muslims from enjoying the benefits of the court judgment

Now Muslims want to enjoy what Christians have been enjoying - suddenly it is trouble making

Can you in clear conscience appear before God and say Muslims are the one causing trouble?

How is this related to the topic? Saturday and Sunday all over the world is a work free day
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by truly: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
pepigeorge:

We want to leave...have u been deaf....we have been chanting it since 1967......and since Christianity came to this world b4 that man brought the dis wicked cult cut rat religion to this world.....leave the dis earth for us in peace...... children of Satan. .....

Actually you don't have to abuse
If you are talking about Biafra, then that is not purely a religious matter because there are other Christians in NIgeria beside people of the SE
If they all want to leave, nobody will stop them

pepigeorge:

I pray Donald Trump wins and send these bigotry fvckers to their paradise of hell

Hate, hate dont let it destroy your soul
There are a lot of Nigerian Christians in Dubai, Qatar, malaysia, Saudi Arabia etc and they don't want to leave those places
I know Igbos who own shops in Dubai

As for Donald Trump, he will deal with your fellow blacks first because whites believe that blacks are prone to violence

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Tobbey(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
This man is joking.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by ehikwe22: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
To these fools, anything that's not Islamic is Christian. he even talked about Christian loans OMG!!! Borrowing with interest is a sin in Christianity. this man is so ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by truly: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
jay7:

How is this related to the topic? Saturday and Sunday all over the world is a work free day

Did you read what the person I responded to wrote?
Oh, now it is all over the world right?
Anyway Nigeria decided to ban homosexuality contrary to what happens all over the world
Or is Nigeria no longer a sovereign nation?
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by jelel6: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
farem:

In addition, he should also you his brain and demand that ALL muslims working in 'riba' Enterprises (commercial banks) be sacked or resign . #Suberu!
As a muslim, it is better for their soul to be relieve from riba if only they know.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by donwilz(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
all over the world, there are usually 2 work free days..

One mostly for dominant religion and the other for people to rest.

In Arab nations, weekend starts mostly Thursdays and Fridays or Friday and Saturdays, and works start on Sundays

Fridays for religion and the other day for rest.

In Nigeria, it was skewed to favour Christians because colonial masters were Christians.
It suppose to be Friday and Sunday or Friday through Sunday. for a country like Nigeria that has 50-50 Muslims and Christian population.
Favoritism shouldn't be tolerated..

For the record, I'm an atheist.. But Christians hypocrisy reeks.
Hey mister, don't play the atheist card, it's obvious bias is a huge factor here. China, India and most countries have same weekends and Hinduism ,Buddhism and other religious bodies have not made a mountain out of this mole hill. I insist it's a non issue, we have issues of national importance and this has no shred of importance. Well, I like how civil your reply is. Don't go down to the level of some people on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Adepts: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
I SMELLED SOME HYPOCRITE XTIAN HERE TRYING TO DISPUTE WITH MURIC,THIS IS NOTIN OTHER THAN INTOLERANCE ON THE PART OF XTIAN.THEY ALL MAKE NOICE ON LITTLE ISSUE BUT WHEN MUSLIMS COME OUT WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE INTEGRAT PART OF THIER RELIGION THAT IS WHEN CAN WILL START STAGING USELESS PROTEST...

MY GOLDING ADVISE TO ALL XTIAN

TRY TO BE TOLERANT
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Alcatraz003: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
I am yoruba but christian and really tired of muslim troubles.....can we just divide the country? I can't bear living in a muslim country.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by GBTYO: 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
No be this same fool talk say Jonathan was a Zionist because of what he described as the star if David on the centenary note?

Afonja foolish slave

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by abatisegun: 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
iliyande:
The Director of Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, Ishaq Akintola, has called for ‘fair treatment’ between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria.
The professor of Islamic Eschatology said Nigeria is not a secular state as according to him, it does not recognize religion.

In a chat with the Punch, Akintola said, “I still insist Nigeria is not a secular state. It does not recognise any religion at all. An example is the Sallah holidays. Although Christians used to enjoy Christmas and other holidays, there was no Sallah holiday for Muslims on Eid el-Fitr and Eid el-Kabir days during the colonial days. We wrenched that from our oppressors’ hands after a long struggle.

“Another example where freedom has come our way is where Nigerian Christians compelled Muslims to operate Christian financial system with its riba (interest) which is haram (forbidden) for Muslims, yet they refused to allow Muslims to practise the Islamic banking until a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (now Emir of Kano), belled the cat by introducing Islamic banking.

“What exactly do I mean? Nigerian Christians have been enjoying everything they need since the British took over the country and colonised it. They have the Christian common law while they object to Muslims having Shariah. They enjoy Christo-Western education while they restrict Muslim children’s access to Islamic education. Christians are free to do whatever they like on Sundays but Muslims are chained to their workplaces on Fridays. That chain must break. Freedom is our cry.

“The government supports both Christian and Muslim pilgrimages. Christian and Muslim prayers are said at official functions. The preamble of the Nigerian Constitution leans heavily on God. So, we are a multi-religious nation. It is when Christian leaders want to pull the wool over our eyes that they claim that Nigeria is a secular country.

“We must widen the horizon of the quest for self-determination. They hold Christian court or church marriage whose certificate is recognised by law whereas mosque marriage certificate is not recognised. Christian schoolchildren use Christian school uniforms but Muslim children are disallowed from using the hijab. Muslim women are denied driving licences and international passports in Nigeria on account of their use of hijab.

“There is an urgent need to straighten this lopsided system. It is not working. Nigerian Muslims still remain oppressed today because they have yet to be emancipated in the four examples above. There are more areas of oppression. But there are one or two aspects where the Muslims have been liberated.

“So you can see that it is all about struggling for liberation. It is like a master-slave affair. Those who sit on the necks of Muslims are reluctant to set them free. But we will get there whether the oppressor likes it or not. It is interesting to note that Christians know that a Muslim commits a sin each time he collects or gives riba yet they never freely allowed it. What do you call that? Do we love our neighbours?

“Do you call that freedom of religion? Isn’t there some element of selfishness in that? Didn’t Jesus teach loving the neighbour? I remember that a particular bishop from the East led his followers in a public demonstration against the introduction of Islamic banking. Ridiculous, isn’t it?

“As for the claim that Muslims are being favoured by the present administration, that is large-scale falsehood. Even Nigerian toddlers know that Buhari is religion-blind. He is not a fanatic. He just wants to fix Nigeria.

“How has the present administration favoured Muslims? The facts are at our fingertips. Take the South-West as an example: there are six states there and each has a minister. Only Babatunde Fashola and Adebayo Shittu are Muslims. The rest are Christians. Let CAN tell us if that is not so. Do you call two out of six a favour? And that is just a tip of the iceberg in Buhari’s administration.

“The parastatals are replete with Christian chief executives. But Muslims are not complaining. Nigeria now has about 35 ministers out of which only 17 are Muslims. Tell me how the present administration has favoured Muslims. Is CAN using mathematics or mathemagic?

“Personally, I believe that we are cutting our nose to spite our face in this country. We should allow government to pick the best candidates for positions in order to get maximum performance. We should not always be thinking of religious or ethnic leaning. Muslims have tried as much as possible to maintain this principle but CAN is always making a noise because of its grip on the press,” Akintola noted.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/04/want-fridays-declared-work-free-muslims-like-sundays-muric-director-akintola/

. Muric is on its own. OYO. Because that is not what Almighty ALLAH has ordained in d Quran Surat jumat God says I cote after d u might have through with jumat prayer we should spread on to the land and be looking for Allah favour. So
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by judedave181: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Yeah I support this cheesy

Christians sabi wail about everything.

They don't want hijabs in schools,
They don't want Islamic writing on naira,
They don't want anything islamic on army uniform,
They don't want our national assembly or government infrastructure to look like mosque,
but Sundays should be a work free day for them to worship and not Fridays .. cheesy

And these people will be the first to wail about islamization if anything favors the Muslims. ignoramus...

Sunday is not work free day allover the world..

And yes Fridays are work free days in most Arab nations..
is Nigeria a Arab country.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by October1960: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Religion and backwardness.
Evident in Nigeria and other countries at war in the middle east.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by dragonking3: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
DonPedro21:

Friday is a work free day in UAE. I don't know about others
So do you agree to have only Friday as your work free day while you work Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat, sunday like UAE? Answer so we can continue from there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by DokitaG: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
The man is simply a fanatic

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. / Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.