Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director (48378 Views)

Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... / MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director, Ak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by steph11: 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Yeah I support this cheesy

Christians sabi wail about everything.

They don't want hijabs in schools,
They don't want Islamic writing on naira,
They don't want anything islamic on army uniform,
They don't want our national assembly or government infrastructure to look like mosque,
but Sundays should be a work free day for them to worship and not Fridays .. cheesy

And these people will be the first to wail about islamization if anything favors the Muslims. ignoramus...

Sunday is not work free day allover the world..

And yes Fridays are work free days in most Arab nations..

we are talking about economic recession some people are calling for more holidays

Note: Fridays and Saturdays in Saudi are Saturdays and Sundays in most developed countries ( called western world)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 | 3:10 PM BST
Saudi Arabia changes its working week to
Sunday-Thursday

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has announced it is switching its official weekend to
Fridays and Saturdays, bringing the kingdom's working week closer in line
with other countries in a move long desired by many of the country's
businesses.
Saudi Arabia, the biggest Arab economy, had been the only member of the
six-member Gulf Cooperation Council to have a Thursday-Friday weekend
after Oman shifted to a Friday-Saturday weekend last month.
The surprise move, which will be applied from this week, was immediately
welcomed by Saudi economists and businessmen as giving the private sector
an extra day of alignment with international businesses.
"It will increase interface with the rest of the world, now things will move
faster," said Ali al-Ajmi, a former vice president at state oil company Saudi
Aramco who now runs a project management business.
Abdulrahman al-Ubaid, a former vice president at Saudi Basic Industries Corp
(SABIC), the world's biggest petrochemical company, and now managing
director of Saudi Development and Innovation Group, also welcomed the
change.
"We expect the impact to be positive on the Saudi economy, we think our
business will be easier," he said.

Some religious conservatives had argued against moving to a Friday-
Saturday weekend because they feared it smacked of westernisation.
However, that argument did not enjoy serious support, said Saudi sociologist
Khalid al-Dakhil.
"In terms of religious opposition, yes there might be some, but there's
absolutely no unanimity in opposing this course among religious people," he
said.

for more info check

source: uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKBRE95M08620130623

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by bayplus: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
eyeview:
I wish I can meet this idiot. I will just ask him two questions.
1, is Sunday a work free day all over the world?
Answer: yes
2,is Friday a work free day in Saudi, UAE,Pakistan and other Muslim nations?
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed

Sorry to tell you that your assumption is wrong.

Sundays are working days in many countries.

in actual fact, Sundays are first working days in all Arab countries and others not colonized by European countries.

Similarly Fridays and in some countries, Saturdays are are also consider as work-free days.

I doubt it if you have ever left the shore of Nigeria.

Never mind, Google is your friend.

call for Google's assistance before you post comments out of ignorance.

if you ask me, all work free days should be done away with or they share it equally starting from Fridays for Muslims, Saturdays for traditional worshippers, sundays for Christians and everyday for atheists

as it is now, it is in the interest of Christendom
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by mashnino(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
As a muslim that i am i have actually thought of this before

I once asked my uztaz

He said and i quote in hausa "haram ne" which means it is forbidden

I was perplexed and then he explained it to me

He said the only break a worker needs on friday is the juma'a break which should be from 12-2 or whatever time it is being prayed in your community

But taking the whole day off because of Juma'a prayers is actually haram.

So mr akintola go and sit down one place and stop causing problems

3 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by alexarelano(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Easiest way to Islamize Nigeria cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by EHoudini: 12:01am On Sep 05, 2016
A baastard begotten of a baarstard. He wants bread from the presidency. Idiat.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 05, 2016
Lunacy re-defined!

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by truly: 12:16am On Sep 05, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Catholic has condemned can on many occasions.. Especially during the days of bling bling pastor.. Why did they leave can if I may ask?
How many people still remember they have left?
When CAN is being difficult, catholic should come out and state their position publicly

FunkyMetahuman:

Bros .. I'm not gonna drag this back and forth..
Muslims preach intolerance with bombs, Christians do with media.. Evidence, book haram, alshabaab, Isis and the likes, Christians, CNN, BBC, medias generally, hence the shout of islamazation all the time.
Non-muslims are not able to appreciate 2 things
(1) we don't really see BH as Muslims
(2) BH kill Muslims; we hate them and we cannot see anything they have done that have benefitted Muslims; they only hurt us

FunkyMetahuman:

this is the reason why we have school uniforms for schools.. So nobody will intimidate anybody.. Everyone should dress uniformly or nobody should.
People use the laws to suppress what they dislike
The Brits called our local gin - illicit gin - to bring in theirs
The uniform we have is derived from the orientation of the Brits who at the time had a blasphemy law (protecting Christianity) in their Books
It is designed to suppress islamic culture

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by truly: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2016
mashnino:
As a muslim that i am i have actually thought of this before

I once asked my uztaz

He said and i quote in hausa "haram ne" which means it is forbidden

I was perplexed and then he explained it to me

He said the only break a worker needs on friday is the juma'a break which should be from 12-2 or whatever time it is being prayed in your community

But taking the whole day off because of Juma'a prayers is actually haram.

So mr akintola go and sit down one place and stop causing problems

This is incorrect sir
Let your ustaz tell me why this haram fatwa not extend to Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by jooey11: 12:27am On Sep 05, 2016
No problem, we can just split it, Christians work monday to friday and our moslem brothers work sunday to Thursday. Abi?
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by steph11: 12:28am On Sep 05, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Yeah I support this cheesy

Christians sabi wail about everything.

They don't want hijabs in schools,
They don't want Islamic writing on naira,
They don't want anything islamic on army uniform,
They don't want our national assembly or government infrastructure to look like mosque,
but Sundays should be a work free day for them to worship and not Fridays .. cheesy

And these people will be the first to wail about islamization if anything favors the Muslims. ignoramus...

Sunday is not work free day allover the world..

And yes Fridays are work free days in most Arab nations..
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by firstolalekan(m): 12:32am On Sep 05, 2016
[s]
eyeview:
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed
[/s]
RUBBISH

What you should do with your opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by firstolalekan(m): 12:34am On Sep 05, 2016
ikorodureporta:
What of Jehovah Witness, Witches & Wizards, +Pagans,...
Olodo
Are Jehova withness not christians?
You think you're a better christian than them?

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Owilar(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2016
ignorant at times is the problem of most of the people in this country. let him go and make adequate research on how Sunday came about, why it is a free day for Christians, and who established it before he start comparing it with Muslim.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Eluwilussit(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2016
kolaish:
WEEKENDS IN ARAB NATIONS IS EITHER THURSDAY & FRIDAY OR FRIDAY & SATURDAY. HOWEVER, AS A CHRISTIAN, I DON'T MIND THE FG GIVING MUSLIMS FRIDAY AS A WORK FREE DAY PROVIDED THEY DO NOT TAMPER WITH SUNDAY AS A WORK FREE DAY AS WELL.

Yeah, we will only work 4 days in a week. Awesome. Muslims deserve to get Friday as holiday. I am with you all the way. cool cool cool
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Naijageak(m): 12:59am On Sep 05, 2016
it's foolishness. soon juju worshippers will come. time to relocate.... Buhari you are free to do it
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by guiddoti: 1:12am On Sep 05, 2016
we want national assembly build like church. we want bible quotation on our naira notes. fair play should begin now

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by YakubuA: 1:13am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:

Case closed

Your answers are wrong

1. Sunday is a working day in the middle east including Israel

2. Friday and Saturday are work free days in the middle east including Israel.

The Prof. has a point.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by guiddoti: 1:17am On Sep 05, 2016
jooey11:
No problem, we can just split it, Christians work monday to friday and our moslem brothers work sunday to Thursday. Abi?
is that organization or disorganization
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Gkemz: 1:59am On Sep 05, 2016
The sunni jihadist Buhari will not hesitate to consider their plea because Nigerians entered one chance by voting the dullard.

Anyway, i think this is a misplaced priority. This is not what we should be talking about in a time when hunger and hardship is ravaging the society.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by collinometricx: 2:52am On Sep 05, 2016
iliyande:
The Director of Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, Ishaq Akintola, has called for ‘fair treatment’ between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria.
The professor of Islamic Eschatology said Nigeria is not a secular state as according to him, it does not recognize religion.

In a chat with the Punch, Akintola said, “I still insist Nigeria is not a secular state. It does not recognise any religion at all. An example is the Sallah holidays. Although Christians used to enjoy Christmas and other holidays, there was no Sallah holiday for Muslims on Eid el-Fitr and Eid el-Kabir days during the colonial days. We wrenched that from our oppressors’ hands after a long struggle.

“Another example where freedom has come our way is where Nigerian Christians compelled Muslims to operate Christian financial system with its riba (interest) which is haram (forbidden) for Muslims, yet they refused to allow Muslims to practise the Islamic banking until a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (now Emir of Kano), belled the cat by introducing Islamic banking.

“What exactly do I mean? Nigerian Christians have been enjoying everything they need since the British took over the country and colonised it. They have the Christian common law while they object to Muslims having Shariah. They enjoy Christo-Western education while they restrict Muslim children’s access to Islamic education. Christians are free to do whatever they like on Sundays but Muslims are chained to their workplaces on Fridays. That chain must break. Freedom is our cry.

“The government supports both Christian and Muslim pilgrimages. Christian and Muslim prayers are said at official functions. The preamble of the Nigerian Constitution leans heavily on God. So, we are a multi-religious nation. It is when Christian leaders want to pull the wool over our eyes that they claim that Nigeria is a secular country.

“We must widen the horizon of the quest for self-determination. They hold Christian court or church marriage whose certificate is recognised by law whereas mosque marriage certificate is not recognised. Christian schoolchildren use Christian school uniforms but Muslim children are disallowed from using the hijab. Muslim women are denied driving licences and international passports in Nigeria on account of their use of hijab.

“There is an urgent need to straighten this lopsided system. It is not working. Nigerian Muslims still remain oppressed today because they have yet to be emancipated in the four examples above. There are more areas of oppression. But there are one or two aspects where the Muslims have been liberated.

“So you can see that it is all about struggling for liberation. It is like a master-slave affair. Those who sit on the necks of Muslims are reluctant to set them free. But we will get there whether the oppressor likes it or not. It is interesting to note that Christians know that a Muslim commits a sin each time he collects or gives riba yet they never freely allowed it. What do you call that? Do we love our neighbours?

“Do you call that freedom of religion? Isn’t there some element of selfishness in that? Didn’t Jesus teach loving the neighbour? I remember that a particular bishop from the East led his followers in a public demonstration against the introduction of Islamic banking. Ridiculous, isn’t it?

“As for the claim that Muslims are being favoured by the present administration, that is large-scale falsehood. Even Nigerian toddlers know that Buhari is religion-blind. He is not a fanatic. He just wants to fix Nigeria.

“How has the present administration favoured Muslims? The facts are at our fingertips. Take the South-West as an example: there are six states there and each has a minister. Only Babatunde Fashola and Adebayo Shittu are Muslims. The rest are Christians. Let CAN tell us if that is not so. Do you call two out of six a favour? And that is just a tip of the iceberg in Buhari’s administration.

“The parastatals are replete with Christian chief executives. But Muslims are not complaining. Nigeria now has about 35 ministers out of which only 17 are Muslims. Tell me how the present administration has favoured Muslims. Is CAN using mathematics or mathemagic?

“Personally, I believe that we are cutting our nose to spite our face in this country. We should allow government to pick the best candidates for positions in order to get maximum performance. We should not always be thinking of religious or ethnic leaning. Muslims have tried as much as possible to maintain this principle but CAN is always making a noise because of its grip on the press,” Akintola noted.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/04/want-fridays-declared-work-free-muslims-like-sundays-muric-director-akintola/

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by collinometricx: 3:00am On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=iliyande post=49066834]

.Muslim women are denied driving licence and international passports in Nigeria on account of their use of hijab.

Is it the Nigeria christians dat is deniening dem d visa or the country der which to travel to??

You want mhi country to grant licence to a woman whose face is not clearly seen to acertain whether is a man or woman May GOD forbid

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by collinometricx: 3:00am On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=iliyande post=49066834]
Muslim women are denied driving licence and international passports in Nigeria on account of their use of hijab.
Is it the Nigeria christians dat is deniening dem d visa or the country der which to travel to??

You want mhi country to grant licence to a woman whose face is clearly seen to acertain whether is a man or woman May GOD forbid
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by EngrSylva(m): 3:15am On Sep 05, 2016
Joke of the new month

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by wasiuom: 3:50am On Sep 05, 2016
We should fear God in our contribution, this man just said his opinion and comments so far have been war. Sincerely, if his proposition is granted (i.e. Friday becomes public holiday), would the benefits be for only moslem? Of course No, both Christian and Moslem will enjoy the work free day. Thus, we should not be biased in our comment and judgement. I wish to take a walk for now, thank you!
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by BABAODU: 4:03am On Sep 05, 2016
How does this make Naira become N150 to a dollar? ? ?

2 Likes

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by assana: 4:22am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:

Case closed
na mumu dey worry am.anybody hold am not to make his own Friday holiday ni?

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by mmb(m): 4:27am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:

Case closed
Friday is a work free day in saudi and UAE. ask if you dont know.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:

Case closed

Friday is work free day in Saudi Arabia
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Cjinbox: 4:36am On Sep 05, 2016
Then they should divide Nigeria since its not working... Allow Biefrans to go, since this bitterness and complain keeps coming up nonsense.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by nextprince: 4:37am On Sep 05, 2016
UjSizzle:

But the weekend is essentially Saturday and Sunday. This isn't about justice and fair play if we just happen to attend church on Sundays too.
The Sabbatarian worships on Friday and yet they work. So what has this got to do with Christianity and Islam?
Which one be weekend na saturday and sunday again? No be govt do am like dat? Abi na so e be from creation? Make govt think of how Friday too go dey free because of muslims? Why do I need to beg my boss to go and perform my religious obligation when the christian has a whole day for same abi secularity na for mouth and paper just to favour some group of people? Hiah!
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mrfred43(m): 4:41am On Sep 05, 2016
Mr man think before u talk, well I dnt blame you..............u talk like a man who is begging for appointment.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 05, 2016
CAN, this MURIC guy and everyother ethno-religious nutjobs out there will disintegrate this country with their hateful and divisive comments. In fact, religion will ruin Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Brighton Elliot Moyo's Death / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.