Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? (22303 Views)

Please Guys What Laptop Can I Get For 80k? / What Laptop Can I Get For 45,000 / 120k Budget. What Laptop Can I Get Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by lordBintus(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Olami90:
Good morning, wonderful nairalanders.

I need your advices/ideas/suggestions $ experiences on suitable laptop type and perfect specifications to consider when buying a new laptop.

The major purposes are:
web designing/management, CCNA, CCNP etc. (On the side would be "movies $ PES/FIFA"wink

Price range will also be appreciated.

Geeks in the house, kindly help out.
Thanks so much.
1.Processor (core i3,i5 or AMD 8,10)
2.Graphics (Trust AMD for that)
3.RAM(at least 3gig)
4. Battery life(at least 6 hrs,trust hp pavilion or envy for that)
5.Harddisk technology(SSD form is more better than HDD but nt always as high in capacity than the HDD)
6. Clockspeed(does'nt count much as far as the processor)
NOTE: DONT expect a single laptop to meet all your need.
That's my little contribution handing over to our bosses in the house
but at all you are planning to buy a laptop with cönfirm battery life check out hp pavilion 15 or 17(2016 model) with 9hrs (as written on their official website store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/pavilion-15-348009--1) with a fast charge technology.
#MY OWN VIEW THOUGH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Olami90: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
lordBintus:
1.Processor (core i3,i5 or AMD 8,10)
2.Graphics (Trust AMD for that)
3.RAM(at least 3gig)
4. Battery life(at least 6 hrs,trust hp pavilion or envy for that)
5.Harddisk technology(SSD form is more better than HDD but nt always as high in capacity than the HDD)
6. Clockspeed(does'nt count much as far as the processor)
NOTE: DONT expect a single laptop to meet all your need.
That's my little contribution handing over to our bosses in the house
but at all you are planning to buy a laptop with cönfirm battery life check out hp pavilion 15 or 17(2016 model) with 9hrs (as written on their official website store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/pavilion-15-348009--1) with a fast charge technology.
#MY OWN VIEW THOUGH

Thanks much. But will quadcore fit in?nd how do I check if it is ssd built instead of HDD?
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by lordBintus(m): 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Olami90:

Thanks much. But will quadcore fit in?nd how do I check if it is ssd built instead of HDD?
on the point of buying it you can ask the seller or better still on the laptop carton
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by lordBintus(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Olami90:

quad core? For intel pentium,core i5 or core i7 which of the quad core of the following cpu are you reffering to?but mind it pentium quadcore is better than its dualcore but nt better than the core i's but due to the dollar hitch it is prefarable
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by hUmaneOne: 12:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Olami90:

Good pm bro... Can u pls tell me wot dis mean? Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB).
Hi. This write-up is a spec of a computer RAM.
It means this computer has a single 4gb RAM stick ram with a clock speed of 1600mhz.quite fast

It has DDR3L specs.which means the system has a 3rd generation Intel core processor.this particular RAM uses a lower voltage and hence better and less power hungry.
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Olami90: 12:39am On Sep 12, 2016
lordBintus:
quad core? For intel pentium,core i5 or core i7 which of the quad core of the following cpu are you reffering to?but mind it pentium quadcore is better than its dualcore but nt better than the core i's but due to the dollar hitch it is prefarable

I am referring to Quadcore for intel pentium.
D dollar hitch is d major factor dat has limited me to dat.
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Olami90: 12:54am On Sep 12, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Hi. This write-up is a spec of a computer RAM.
It means this computer has a single 4gb RAM stick ram with a clock speed of 1600mhz.quite fast

It has DDR3L specs.which means the system has a 3rd generation Intel core processor.this particular RAM uses a lower voltage and hence better and less power hungry.

Thanks so much for your prompt response (always). I really appreciate.
D speed processor is given as 2.66GHz buh couldn't see d HDD size yet. Only saw the RAM(whch is 4Gb).
Is d single 4Tb RAM stick standard enuf? And wot will be your sincere general assessment for this quality(d generation type inclusive)?

Modified: I av checked it well this time, these are some major features out of all. it is 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4TB) nd not 1 X 4GB as earlier said. Speed processor of 2.66GHz
Hard drive - 1TB 5400 rpm SA....
Network card - Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet.
Wireless connectivity - 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 com.....
External Ports - 1 multi-format SD media card reader
1 VGA
1 HDMI
1 headphone/microphone combo
2 USB 2.0
1 USB 3.0
1 RJ-45.

Power - 45 W AC power adapter
4-cell (41 WHr) Li

Is d single 4Tb RAM stick standard enough? Wot is d difference between usb 2.0 $ usb 3.0. Finally, wot will be your sincere general assessment for this quality(d generation type inclusive) using the aforementioned features?

Thanks
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by hUmaneOne: 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Olami90:

Thanks so much for your prompt response (always). I really appreciate.
D speed processor is given as 2.66GHz buh couldn't see d HDD size yet. Only saw the RAM(whch is 4Gb).
Is d single 4Tb RAM stick standard enuf? And wot will be your sincere general assessment for this quality(d generation type inclusive)?

Modified: I av checked it well this time, these are some major features out of all. it is 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4TB) nd not 1 X 4GB as earlier said. Speed processor of 2.66GHz
Hard drive - 1TB 5400 rpm SA....
Wireless connectivity - 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 com.....
External Ports - 1 multi-format SD media card reader
1 VGA
1 HDMI
1 headphone/microphone combo
2 USB 2.0
1 USB 3.0
1 RJ-45.

Power - 45 W AC power adapter
4-cell (41 WHr) Li

Is d single 4Tb RAM stick standard enough? Wot is d difference between usb 2.0 $ usb 3.0. Finally, wot will be your sincere general assessment for this quality(d generation type inclusive) using the aforementioned features?

Thanks

I think it's a good one. When you are a pro you'll have to it to a better one tho.
Only one thing I'm concerned is your network card
since you are learning networking I'm advise you to get something with 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet.if you cannot then it's still okay tho.you'll definitely buy another later

4gb ram is okay, provided you aren't playing badass 3d games like call of duty

Your hard drive ,try seeing if you can get drive with 7200rpm ..that's the only acceptable drive (personally) if Its not an SSD.

Usb 3.0 is faster then usb 2.0 ..but many devices you will ever use in Nigeria is usb 2.0 so no cause for worry.
Infact,for me,the only usb 3 device I have used is a hard drive.

copying a 10GB file from a usb2.0 hard drive will take approximately 5mins but will take 1.5mins in usb 3.it's okay to have at least 1usb3.0 port.which you do

Your specs are okay sir..cheers
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Olami90: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I think it's a good one. When you are a pro you'll have to it to a better one tho.
since you are learning networking I'm advise you to get something with 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet.if you cannot then it's still okay tho.you'll definitely buy another later

Your hard drive ,try seeing if you can get drive with 7200rpm ..that's the only acceptable drive (personally) if Its not an SSD.

Usb 3.0 is faster then usb 2.0 ..but many devices you will ever use in Nigeria is usb 2.0 so no cause for worry.

copying a 10GB file from a usb2.0 hard drive will take approximately 5mins but will take 1.5mins in usb 3.it's okay to have at least 1usb3.0 port.which you do

You are so into my mind @ d bolded part. I will definitely get a higher spec much later. Had to settle for dis considering my pocket.
Trust me, I av taken note of all u said. You have been so helpful to me....
God bless you sir.
Have a wonderful break and week ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Bush2013: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
hUmaneOne:

hello, good evening. Please I need a laptop for my studies have 30k and would prefer something between 12_14 inches don't know if you can recommend one for me. I'm a medical student
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by hUmaneOne: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bush2013:
hello, good evening. Please I need a laptop for my studies have 30k and would prefer something between 12_14 inches don't know if you can recommend one for me. I'm a medical student

Ooh..I don't know of any new laptop for that cost.
A good UK used should suffice.

The earlier Hp elitebook series are quite rugged for that cost. 14inch, Core 2 duo ,2GB ram,250gb hdd can be gotten for 30k.

Add 5k and you can get a great deal with a core i3 processor and probably 320 hdd .

Your books and kaplan videos will run perfectly on those above specs..

Cheers. From your" chief"
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Bush2013: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Its HP elitebook..its quite popular in computer village and major towns..
This brand has a tough plastic and aluminum finishing and looks premium.it usually has a fingerprint reader too.
good morning sir, will be glad to know the series of hp elitebook your referring to or can u you please chat me or just flash me with that number I will call you.
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by hUmaneOne: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2016
Bush2013:
good morning sir, will be glad to know the series of hp elitebook your referring to or can u you please chat me or just flash me with that number I will call you.

Good morning.
I mean, hp elite book 6930 (or 6000 series), 8460 (8000 series) ..
I tell people to shy away from the hp 620's .they are cheap but have proven unreliability.the worst of them have AMD processors.the older AMD processors are pure evils.
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Bush2013: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Good morning.
I mean, hp elite book 6930 (or 6000 series), 8460 (8000 series) ..
I tell people to shy away from the hp 620's .they are cheap but have proven unreliability.the worst of them have AMD processors.the older AMD processors are pure evils.
someone here recommended 2530p for me how do you see it, if it is OK do you sell if it is not OK what about the 6930 or 8460 you talked about its price and how to connect to a seller. Sorry for the inconvenience I may be causing u and thanks for the guide
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by hUmaneOne: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Bush2013:
someone here recommended 2530p for me how do you see it, if it is OK do you sell if it is not OK what about the 6930 or 8460 you talked about its price and how to connect to a seller. Sorry for the inconvenience I may be causing u and thanks for the guide

It's okay, no inconvenience..hospital is on strike and I'm cooling off with Nairaland.

2530p is also very good..if you can get a better series, better tho
I'm not a seller tho.
Your budget is good for a 2530p . 6930 or 8460 will be from 35 and upwards .

8460 has a high end graphics card and core i5 processor and may be outside your budget range
Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by Bush2013: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
hUmaneOne:

It's okay, no inconvenience..hospital is on strike and I'm cooling off with Nairaland.

2530p is also very good..if you can get a better series, better tho
I'm not a seller tho.
Your budget is good for a 2530p . 6930 or 8460 will be from 35 and upwards .

8460 has a high end graphics card and core i5 processor and may be outside your budget range

thanks your so much bro,will hv to settle for 2530p for now in as much as it is normal for my studies and upgrade to a better one along the line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose? by XCLUX(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nelbless:

But my Hp Envy Gaming Laptop.....8gig of Ram, it's AMD,it's keyboard back light is a beauty, it's graphics card is simply amazing.

Call: 08032729002

Price: 90k, slightly negotiable
still available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unlock Codes For Mtn Fastlink Needed / My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) / Easily Tether Or Share Your Simple Server Or Psiphon Connection To Other Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.