Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. (35492 Views)

August Holidays: My Friend's Children Scattering His Sitting Room (Photos) / 10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree / When You Have Been Misbehaving In School And Your Grandma Goes To PTA Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by laskay44(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2016
Shey be she get pali Na Hope Neva ends......... STRUGGLE CONTD
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Toluabigr8(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Psalmuel92(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2016
#BillGates even dropped out of school...
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by olutosfem(f): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2016
After reading this I smiled....its not about whatever grade u graduated with,its all about God and hard work and the drive in you. So many of my colleagues back then in school who settled to have 2.1 are full house wives now. 'I don't stop when I'm tired I stop when I'm done'.it's a very good phrase for me. Tell her not to kill herself with depression or else the fire burning in her would definitely go off permanently cos she's taking it too far. Grade doesn't determine ones success in life.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by folks4luv(f): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
Hello all, please I need your candid opinion on how to calm my friend down cos she's been misbehaving since she checked her result after it was pasted that she made 2.2 which is far below her expectations.

She claimed she has been cheated cos at at 300L, she was on 2.1(3.87/5.00), their 400L results were not made known to them till they released the graduating list. Now she is downcast and has been behaving funny like she's about to go mad.

I tried talking to her that she's not done bad and besides it doesn't matter what you graduate with, that is God who favors one out there in the Labour market.... I have heard of first class and 2.1 roaming the street with no job.....

Pls help me on useful advises for her. Thanks.
just let her have her time or 'mourning' no one can really make her stop. there is a fighter in everyone, I hope the fighter in her emerge soon. but stand by her all through, that's d best help you can render.

modified
I graduated with 2.1 and am still without a job, whereas, some of my mates that graduated with 2.2 or less now have a job, when it is ur time to shine, not even a cgpa can stop u. I know ur friend is also sad that all her hard works went down d drain, but hard work is like karma, she will surely get paid somehow .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Handsomecole(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Tell her to calm down she's not the first neither would she be the last. 2.2 is a grade for humans not animals.

I graduated with a third class, yet I'm still living and happy, I was Ist disappointed but when a friend asked me to help me check his and I saw 1:32 GP I became thankful to God. I spent most of time in politics both in school and outside school which made me loose concentration on my academics.

By God's grace I have a third class degree but a Ist class in connections which is working out for me.
Life is a matter of choice, maximise every disappointment. I believe the sister would have some skills, your degree to me is just an evidence of going to school.

I wish her all the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by critic9ja: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
Sempumping:
Tell dat ur friend to smoke some weed to calm her nerves down...

Your graduating class doesn't matter 1 bit

All she needs is the right connection

I made a 2.1 and I have friends that also are 4 pointers in Engineering ooo and we are still roaming the street ...

And if she won't calm down ,give her a bottle of sniper

2.1 and 1st class is good but having the right connection is better ...

Badoomistress...i see u oooo
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
abeg how much is zobo now,, i hope say e never put money cry
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by jayAjoku(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2016
Well this shows she is totally dependent on her results to succeed in life . Which should not be. She should cheer up nigeria has thousands if not millions of first class students that have never caused any innovative solutions to occur
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2016
GloShare:
She should run mad already.
so that you will be the first person to blog about how a girl ran mad for making 2.2. This thing you are doing, is good? Tell me is good?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2016
SMH

Ur friends mind is not mature enough to deal with the realities of a Nigerian public university
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by faitheverest(f): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2016
Make she enter gutter joor.... Nonsense. No advice from us Abeg!
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2016
OP apply Cameroon pepper to your palm then give her a hot unexpected slap from back. after that give her another back-hand slap to supplement the first one.

thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Emmaesty(f): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
Hello all, please I need your candid opinion on how to calm my friend down cos she's been misbehaving since she checked her result after it was pasted that she made 2.2 which is far below her expectations.

She claimed she has been cheated cos at at 300L, she was on 2.1(3.87/5.00), their 400L results were not made known to them till they released the graduating list. Now she is downcast and has been behaving funny like she's about to go mad.

I tried talking to her that she's not done bad and besides it doesn't matter what you graduate with, that is God who favors one out there in the Labour market.... I have heard of first class and 2.1 roaming the street with no job.....

I can understand her pain. Nothing hurts more than that. She must have probably planned her life around that 2.1 and seeing a 2.2 can surely destabilize her. Just be there for her and console her. It's a tough stage in life but she'll get over it. May I ask, was the cgpa given to her close to a 2.1?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by queenfav(f): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Let her calm down,whether you make a first class doesn't guarantee a good job.I made a 2.1 and i dont earn up to 100k.The reality on ground is that certificates are no more appreciated in Nigeria.Where are d jobs?Let her save her funny behaviour and brace up for the job search ahead biko.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by dotun365: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
when you say the class does not matter it's not completely true. most of the jobs (atleast for entry level) need you to have atleast a 2.1 after which they can talk to you
Sempumping:

I made a 2.1 and I have friends that also are 4 pointers in Engineering ooo and we are still roaming the street ...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by kingmanna: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2016
pray for her and try calling someone close eg parent
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2016
Tell her to write to the Senate of your school and demand to have all her papers from year one up until her final year re-marked. angry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by free2ryhme: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:

She has 2.2 and wants to run mad?

Let her be abeg

You don't need degree or grade to go hell fire
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by ogorwyne(f): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2016
Keneking:
Most public owned institutions are in the habit of not disclosing the final year result (semester by semester). Instead they publish graduating list and grades.

We need some legislation to revise this ugly trend angry

If the department has released the result of first semester of the final year, a student has the choice of conceding one year to improve on grades. Correct me, if wrong undecided

In some institution, you hear myths such as no one graduates with a first class or second class upper honours degree. The situation at government owned institution is pathetic embarassed
They did same to me in delsu and I feel her pain. She deserves to know what her final year result looks like and then calculate her CGPA herself. Some people just they comment anyhow. Public schools in Nigeria needs positive CHANGE, I hope she gets a grip of herself though.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:

Let her kill her lipsrsealed
All my friends with 2.2 are gainfully employed.
Even the one with third class and an extra year is doing better than everyone else.... I shouldnt mention where he is working for security reasons
We with first class carry ourselves go do master thinking we must lecture.
Dem show us hell for master plus we never get result, to add injury we are still unemployed.
Tell her its not about class of honour but Honour of God.- it is only God that honour us all.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Hmm. From 3.87 to a 2.2? Is that just her 300level result? What about 100 level and 200?

What's a 2.2 CGPA again? 2.5 to 3.4. Well, it's very possible her performance actually dropped.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by pizzle123(m): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2016
queenfav:
Let her calm down,whether you make a first class doesn't guarantee a good job.I made a 2.1 and i dont earn up to 100k.The reality on ground is that certificates are no more appreciated in Nigeria.Where are d jobs?Let her save her funny behaviour and brace up for the job search ahead biko.

Bt u sha earning babe?u better tank God
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by creamyworkz: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2016
I don't comment on threads like this but i'm gonna make this an exception.
I must say whether you graduate with a 2:1 or 2:2 even if na "2:3" sef, trust me it is your intellect that the labour market wants to test. i graduated with a 2:2 in a federal university in Nigeria, but you know what? i also graduated with a distinction in a university oversees and also as the best graduating student, the morale of the story is, if i had been depressed i won't even fight anymore, i had every reason to give up, but i told myself i deserved better. if she believes the grade is all she has then by all means she should keep brooding over it. but if she believes she has alot of potentials and that she deserves more than what she got then she should wipe her tears and keep fighting. an adage says "if someone pushes you auch that you fall, people will blame the person for pushing you, but if you stay too long on the floor and refuse to get up, people will blame you for over-reacting". just my 2cent.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Toks2008(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2016
My bae in my university days cried her hearts out for ending up with a 2.1 and I perfectly understood her pains.

She made a G.P of 4.48 and first class starts from 4.5 so sometimes going mad is justified...nevertheless even a pass has hope in life.

Wole shoyinka as I learned had a third class but today he is a Nobel Laurette.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by missjane: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2016
Tell her to look for a contact to help her cross check her grades at the Exams n Records from first year to final year..probably they may have made a mistake somewhere. If she is sure there is no mistake..then she should take it in good stride.. n aim higher at masters.. I barely made 2:2 in my BSC, went on to make upper credit in PGD, My MSC in IT, my first semester GP is 4.9/5, yet to finish... I'm still positive that you can attain any height you wish..one only choose your launching pad correctly..

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by SANCHEZH1(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:

Unilorin right... Or which skul

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Dentmoyin(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:

have seen the sun rise and it sets, have seen the rain drops and it ceases, have seen dawn same with twilight..but have never seen a God like Jehovah Jireh, our all time provider...it feels thats the end for your friend but i dare her to hold on alittle longer, just whisper the very words of psalm 62 vs 11 to her slowly and softly..it doesn't matter her grades, all that matters is her trust..it doesn't matter what people say, all that matters is what God says...tell her joy grows in the midst of the storms.....God neva fails! And i doubt if He will ever.....it's okay to cry, it's okay to loss appetite but then never okay when she gives up on herself...God believes in her.......
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by larrypourl(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2016
idris4r83:
The best Jobs in nigeria are federal government jobs and the minimum requirements is 2.2.

guy third class dey get fg jobs with D right connection. Moreover 90% of fg jobs na connection forget D class of degree.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Sempumping:

If and When you decide to go for Masters 2.2 will be a disadvantage for you, especially if you are doing your Masters in a different school.

Apart from that, nothing else.

Also IMHO, Engineering students that are roaming the streets have NO professional skill whatsoever, that is why they are roaming the streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says / Ariyibi Ayomide...Eye Witness Account On Unilag Student Committing Suicide / Clay Math Institute Denies Century Old Math Problem Solved By Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.