Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto (24810 Views)

Kehinde Adeola: Between A Female Barber & A Male Customer (Pics) / Kehinde Onaopemipo Adeola, Female Barber In Abuja (Photos) / Kenechukwu Ezeh: Female Barber In Enugu(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2016
September 3, 2016 • By Yinka Agunbiade

If one should imagine a barber, it would always be a male one.

‘Barbing’ is generally considered an exclusive job for males. But in Sokoto, a state which one would consider as conservative, due to it being the seat of the Caliphate, a woman braced the odds and became the only female barber.

Maryann Chisom attending to a customer.

Here are 7 things you should know about her:

1) Her name is Maryann Chisom.

2) She is 25 years old.

3) She hails from mbitoli local government area of Imo state.

4) 98 percent of her customers are reportedly male, including clergies and Alhajis among others.

5) She completed her Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education in Sokoto.

6) She holds a National Diploma in Public Administration and plans to go for her HND next year.

7) She has been ‘barbing’ for almost three years and learned it as an apprentice for about five months.

http://www.informationng.com/2016/09/7-things-to-know-about-the-only-nigerian-female-barber-in-sokoto.html?utm_source=Bitly&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=Julys http:///2cnfBYW Press Ctrl-c to copy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by uhalauju(f): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2016
Impressive!!!

9 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 06, 2016
Nonsense!!! what is wrong with it huh?? my bro is a hair dresser in Lagos .... Africa we Need to grow!!

Other words
fu*ck this is impressive ... mehn this is a challenge... may God bless her hustle ... If I see her, I will pay for her shop rent ... she is better than Yoloba and Yiibo girls way dey assemble their Pu*ssy for Ojota high way

29 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Lero15(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2016
God bless your hustle

4) 98 percent of her customers are reportedly male, including clergies and Alhajis among others

Before nko undecided

19 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by herzern(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2016
That is her own choice of profession.....

So....why the hypinq??.....

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by harmless011: 6:44am On Sep 06, 2016
Impressive

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Fataiwo(m): 6:45am On Sep 06, 2016
It isn't allowed in Islam though...

I should call it an achievement....

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by donofdons: 6:45am On Sep 06, 2016
[size=18pt]igbos doing well everywhere while some other people are hating[/size]

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by sammer4life(m): 6:45am On Sep 06, 2016
In this age where some of our ladies have turned out to be professional beggers, I think I'm impressed, though I have one female barber in my area. She is still under apprenticeship with her brother. I always try to encourage with extra pay whenever she handles my hair.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by leokennedi(m): 6:46am On Sep 06, 2016
When someone or something is unique or it's a course for raised eyebrows , it attracts the majority....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Sweetcollins: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2016
Sooooooo inspiring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Zedoo(m): 6:46am On Sep 06, 2016
Fataiwo:

Dem tell you say she be muslim?

13 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by holyfather(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Where is her shop located in Sokoto
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
D Hustle is real
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by saintkel(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Fataiwo:

Please give us. D reason y?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by shaddoww: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Better than selling her body for #500/customer at one white garment prophetess' place.
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Bilabong(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
hustle had NY dear.
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by magabounce(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Dem full yankee na!!!
Bisg assss
Nice tatoos
Fine face
And loadza customers !!!!
Male customers grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Bilabong(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
It pays to work hard.

meanwhile one he goat is planning on how to jump from 7story today or next.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by hucienda: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Impressive - even for a religiously conservative region.

NCAN members.

Over to you.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 06, 2016
Please, I want to Marry U
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by emmabest2000(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Girls with left handed are more romantic in everything they do especially during bedmatic or so I thought ... grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by ificatchmodeh: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Hope is not haram undecided..for a lady barber..
If not..you're cool
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Fataiwo(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2016
Zedoo:

Dem tell you say she be muslim?
that isn't my bussiness, just trying to educate d muslims in d ouze anyway!
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by BoneTackle: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2016
Fataiwo:

Here they come, backward and barbaric people full of intolerance and hate always itchy for blood all in the name IS-RAM

Won't be surprised if blood sucking demons like you will be planning to stone her now

Iddiottss everywhere

*edited*
your name is fatai abi? ABOBAKU smh,
You wont call it achievement, but you would rather condemn it bacause of your unreasonable believe. That's the problem with these illiterate 'nutterners' and children of the pissfull religion, instead of you to encourage not even her, but millions of almajiri youths who carry plates begging for N5 from the same elites who have starved and rendered them unproductive (except in maiming and killing) to go and learn from here you are here talking about about pisslam.

Nonsense people everywhere....mtchwww

13 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by primcy(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2016
sammer4life:
In this age where some of our ladies have turned out to be professional beggers, I think I'm impressed, though I have one female barber in my area. She is still under apprenticeship with her brother. I always try to encourage with extra pay whenever she handles my hair.
keep it up bro
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Welcomme: 6:53am On Sep 06, 2016
I know her.. She works at pinnacle hotel...
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 06, 2016
LOVE THAT
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by eazysally: 6:54am On Sep 06, 2016
This one don turn real housa girl, I hope she won't eventually change the maryann to mariam chisom at the end of the day, all the same this is impressive.
Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Fataiwo(m): 6:54am On Sep 06, 2016
BoneTackle:
Here they come, backward and barbaric people full of intolerance and always itchy for blood.

Won't be surprised if blood sucking demons like you will be planning to stone her now

Iddiottss everywhere
Not suprise!

Dis is exactly wat i expect from a man with low thnkin faculty lik u, its obvious...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by iceberylin(m): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2016
Lero15:
God bless your hustle

4) 98 percent of her customers are reportedly male, including clergies and Alhajis among others

Before nko undecided

Nigerian Reporters grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto by Welcomme: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2016
Fataiwo:

that isn't my bussiness, just trying to educate d muslims in d ouze anyway!
Wat is ur problem? Almost all d commisioners, politicians, high profile sokoto men cut their hair in her saloon.

Mumu wey carry Islam for head as if na hin go feed u

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates List – Npower Shortlisted Candida / Excuse Me, Mr. Self-employment Advocate! / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.