Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty (25508 Views)

"Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali / 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Felixtuta(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Is a pitty, when one cup of rice is sold to a common man for N150 and yet his poor has been slashed down by 20%.

Just tell me how you want him to survive!!!?
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by IamEntropy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Vizkizz:
I regret ever voting for buhari. Lord please can you still forgive me for this sin I committed?

I thought I was doing the right thing.

I thought he was the man you proposed for our restoration

I thought he was the agent of POSITIVE change

Will we continue like this for the next 3years? cry

wow
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Miles300: 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Every govt position should be made unattractive financially , so who ever is goin there will know his goin to work and not for merriment , they feel so comfortable wit allowances that they don't deem it fit to work and feel the needs of the people , all the ministers we av a comic minister from there speech and actions etc beret man , they talk and act like uneducated fools who don't know wat governace is all about , and why do we av lawyers alys heading govt agencies which they are not expert in .. Wetin concern lawyer concern minister of power, ..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by atirolu(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Greeting for nigeria

Eku subsidy oooo
Eku budget padding
Eku bombing
Eku blaming....
Now eku recession....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by vislabraye(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrkayusfit:
It's a fat lie. Venezuelans and other terrible countries are poorer. Leave Nigeria alone. Buhari is doing a good job. We do not miss GEJ

You choose not to see the obvious. When they attacked Gej's admin, you rejoiced. But when they begin to tell you the flaws of this administration, you begin to feel bitter.
You can nevet make progress is you keep lying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by pippimp(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Before buhari, it was bad. Now its worse.

What is the difference? What you should be concerned about is why it was bad in the first place. It is plain common sense to conclude that when something is bad, it will eventually get worse if you do not fix what made it bad in the first place.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
I doubt am,e suppose pass
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by jerryunit48: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
flokii:

You see? That's the root cause of our problem in this country

You want to shield ur guys but will be quick to run your mouth against govt. and blame other tribes for d collective problem

I hope you and ur guys find peace and do d right thing.. cheers!
just go to the core Delta and see things for yourself, you will only cry
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by vislabraye(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Tuktuk:
All the UN is doing is further worsening our situation by dolling out this gloomy reports on Nigeria, so that intending foreign investors will loose the remaining confidence in Nigeria. Enough of this already. as if we don't know. come up with constructive criticism of this administration and ways Nigeria will get its economy out of recession SIMPLE!!!

When they came up with constructive criticism, people were shouting, "leave us alone." But the truth is that many zombies don't know that the economy is in recession.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Pylony(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Not something new jare, who no know say their is no poverty in Nigeria? They made similar report during the era of oga Goodluck, but he deny the reality on ground back then. But now wey fowl don open nyash for Buhari era all the blame go land on him head as him no dey use umbrella and broom na to swipe dirty.

Sha!! We can now see how outsiders already have every statistics of evens on going and those to come in Nigeria, it was like this since 1800. grin grin
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Burgerlomo: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Nigeria is a failed state... Thunder fire all our leaders (both past and current),especially the current angry

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by skybodmas: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
I concur
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrkayusfit:
It's a fat lie. Venezuelans and other terrible countries are poorer. Leave Nigeria alone. Buhari is doing a good job. We do not miss GEJ
so because other countries are poor we deserve to be poor?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Burgerlomo: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Damilare5882:
Mismanagement of resources by our corrupt leaders is the cause.. BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE THIS IS GONNA END ONE DAY.........If you believe Nigeria is gonna RISE and be Great again.........Hit like

Amin because the suffering of the less privileged is becoming 2 much.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
That is how they started with libya. Till they destroyed the country with lies. What Nigeria needs now is rapid industrialization. Not someone buying coffee beans and selling me nescafe. Or buying my crude oil and selling me petrol. Or buying my groundnut and selling me groundnut oil. Abeg let the U.N park well. Since they created U.N and with their permanent security seats for the western world, which African country dem help? Nigeria is not the first economy to be in recession. And it wont be the last.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Revolva(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nigeria is a shameful place to be born in

All youth now are going wayward girls now r potential olosho sluts for money guys no send now na to smoke skunk n weed which way buhari tinsr gettin worse n worse pls get outta da seat
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by tansho(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Nigeria is a failed state... Thunder fire all our leaders (both past and current),especially the current angry

The leaders are not the problem, it's the followership. Take a look at nairaland, for example. The sworn zombies who dont care what happens to Nigeria so long as Buhari is the president
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pylony:
Not something new jare, who no know say their is no poverty in Nigeria? They made similar report during the era of oga Goodluck, but he deny the reality on ground back then. But now wey fowl don open nyash for Buhari era all the blame go land on him head as him no dey use umbrella and broom na to swipe dirty.

Sha!! We can now see how outsiders already have every statistics of evens on going and those to come in Nigeria, it was like this since 1800. grin grin

The truth is that NBS is always economical with the truth. Nigeria has not statistics on ground.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

What is the difference? What you should be concerned about is why it was bad in the first place. It is plain common sense to conclude that when something is bad, it will eventually get worse if you do not fix what made it bad in the first place.
Stop confusing your head. Even if it was bad at the first place , the situation could have still been managed and the current palava averted. Everything in the country is just terrible at the moment. I spend about 20k every 3 days these days. The day buhari will die, I will jubilate. Sani Abacha's administration was far better than this sef.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by tunary(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Very good. Next time vote wisely
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by flokii: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
jerryunit48:
just go to the core Delta and see things for yourself, you will only cry

Whose fault? Not until you guys learn to hold ur leaders responsible in that region, there wnt be development trust me..

Or do you see d hausas or yorubas stealing their govt. money to build investments in ur own region? NO
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Stop confusing your head. Even if it was bad at the first place , the situation could have still been managed and the current palava averted. Everything in the country is just terrible at the moment. I spend about 20k every 3 days these days. The day buhari will die, I will jubilate. Sani Abacha's administration was far better than this sef.

They are coming for your head
That's means in a Month you gonna spend a whopping sum of (20,000 × 30days) ÷ 3days= N200,000 shocked shocked
Laughing in Dalung grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Pylony(m): 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:

The truth is that NBS is always economical with the truth. Nigeria has not statistics on ground.
And No database to point on who is a citizen and who is not, as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by pippimp(m): 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

For you to understand, you need to understand causality. You guys have been looting since the first day of independence. Even if you are not old enough to witness a lot of it at least you have ears. Listen to fela's songs and tell me what is the difference between what he was saying in the 70's and what is happening now. You've had a wound on your leg for years and refused to treat it properly. Now that it has gotten to the point of amputation you are crying. Part of the reason you guys are in the mess you are in is most of you don't think logically. Plus, a lot of you have amnesia. You forget too quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by EmekaBlue(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
Shame
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pylony:
And No database to point on who is a citizen and who is not, as well.
Exactly, imagine a lot of Chadians and Nigeriens claiming zoogerians because they can speak Hausa as well as being treated well more than her citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by donbenie(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrkayusfit:
So,until we become as poor as Venezuela and other poorer countries that's when we can be classified as poor,in your own opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Litmus: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hmmmm, I'm beginning to see now that Nigeria isn't on trial but Democracy is. The West will do well to ensure Democracy succeeds in Nigeria not destroy her or there will be trouble for Europe.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by jerryunit48: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
flokii:

Whose fault? Not until you guys learn to hold ur leaders responsible in that region, there wnt be development trust me..

Or do you see d hausas or yorubas stealing their govt. money to build investments in ur own region? NO
You have no idea how many northerners with several oil wells so I won't blame you for your comments
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
All thanks to apc/buhari.
Look at the effect of the situation here on me.
www.nairaland.com/3324380/attention-take-look-bank-account
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by gmacnoms(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
80m LIVING BELOW POVERTY....Abi, na me no understand d grammer?
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by sekundosekundo: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:
Buhari's making

Nigeria is the poorest and unequal country in the world, with over 80m of her population living below poverty line.-CCA(Sept. 2016)

80m out of bogus 170m on poverty line? That's a whole lot of 47%; indeed Nigeria is technically an IDP Camp

grin grin

Cc
aresa
seunmsg
Modath

Chai, Nigeria technically an IDP camp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Director Ojo In Saraki's Range Rover Scandal Was Promoted Above His Seniors - SR / We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / President Buhari Did Not Order Us To Clear Salary Arrears - Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.