Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. (44189 Views)

2017 Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment For Graduate Tellers / 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship / Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by jidluk: 10:12am On Sep 19, 2016
Chai! Have been practising.... Thanks brotherly, I gerrit now..thanks.
Solecontroller:

Guy. That was not the real test. You took two practice tests.

Go back to the mail you were sent and click on "when you're ready to take the test, click here" .. Not practice.

Practice won't send you a score. It will only send an approximation.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Solecontroller(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2016
Haibe, Godspeed bro. Better things on the way.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2016
I applied for financial market... who is wit me? did my logical text this morning and still waiting for their mail.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2016
haibe:
Lol got 40 percentile in the logicals.. am pretty sure i wont be invited for the numericals.. no.be my mates dey get 80 percentile ni grin
U never can tell. It depends on the performance of other applicants. Am sure u haven't got a mail of whether u are successful or not; that's because they still need to compare ur performance with others. Still keep ur hope high, anything can happen. One love...
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by silentdude(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2016
Solecontroller:

Not yet. Due to what happened last year, I'm taking my time.

so I guess you guys that got the link for the numerical part must have scored pretty high scores.
Though I'm still waiting for my own link.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by haibe(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2016
nwakibie3:

U never can tell. It depends on the performance of other applicants. Am sure u haven't got a mail of whether u are successful or not; that's because they still need to compare ur performance with others. Still keep ur hope high, anything can happen. One love...
no i haven't gotten a rejection mail.. but most d guys here have been getting high percentiles sha... am still hoping tho
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Noneejiofor(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2016
obyno1010:
I have passed the Personality test, Logical test and most recently the numerical test. I have a background in mathematics (1st and 2nd degree). Trust me this numerical test is one of a hell, coupled with the little time.

Over to the online video interview......

Good luck to others.
please can u drop insights on how to go about the strength test nd d others,I'm yet to take mine
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2016
haibe:
no i haven't gotten a rejection mail.. but most d guys here have been getting high percentiles sha... am still hoping tho
Which category did u applied for?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by haibe(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2016
nwakibie3:

Which category did u applied for?
wealth management
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Solecontroller(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2016
haibe:
wealth management

Same here.

The requirements for each role are different. From what I know about wealth management, we need to get high logical and numerical scores to move ahead. Financial markets too.. For retail banking, not so much logical. The Strengths for each also differ in my opinion.

Also, they aren't comparing our scores with the rest of our mates. They already have a sample population that have taken the test under optimum conditions. They compare our scores to this group's.

The test is also adaptive so the more you questions get correctly the harder the following question will be.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2016
haibe:
wealth management
OK. Anything can still happen bro... all the best

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by haibe(m): 11:44am On Sep 19, 2016
Solecontroller:

Same here.

The requirements for each role are different. From what I know about wealth management, we need to get high logical and numerical scores to move ahead. Financial markets too.. For retail banking, not so much logical. The Strengths for each also differ in my opinion.

Also, they aren't comparing our scores with the rest of our mates. They already have a sample population that have taken the test under optimum conditions. They compare our scores to this group's.

The test is also adaptive so the more you questions get correctly the harder the following question will be.
So what happens if "most people" dont get high scores? They should have allowed us attempt both logical and numerical. I still believe i would do well in the numerical. Didnt like the logical thing from the start
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Fambum87(m): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
My opinion though, those with the 35, 40 and 45 percentile are the high fliers. they are at the top list compared to 90 percentile who probaly wrote the test before the 35, 40 and 45. Their next stage might just be video interview..............my view
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by JiggyFighter: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
Fambum87:
My opinion though, those with the 35, 40 and 45 percentile are the high fliers. they are at the top list compared to 90 percentile who probaly wrote the test before the 35, 40 and 45. Their next stage might just be video interview..............my view

Lol... your view is inaccurate. The scores are being compared to others, yes. Hence the percentiles. However, the scores being compared are not just from people taking the test now. The assessment site (TalentQ) already has a sample "population" of scores to compare with. Also, it's not just about getting "high" scores. As someone stated above, it's likely that there are different requirements for different streams, so someone might get a high score that is inadequate for one stream, but sufficient for another.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by agrovick(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
nwakibie3:
I applied for financial market... who is wit me? did my logical text this morning and still waiting for their mail.
Financial market as well.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
agrovick:

Financial market as well.
Which stage are u?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Fambum87(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
Well, I still insist that higher percentile does not necessarily mean that you have done better than someone with low percentile. use the link below to know how percentile works.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/PR_and_NCE.gif
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by yemmy98: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
Scoring a 95th percentile on a test means you're in the top 5% of the best performing candidtates. Scoring a 20th percentile means you did better than 20% of the candidates. If you have 100 candidates taking an exam, would you prefer to be in the top 5% or top 80%. No one really knows what the criteria for this recruitment is, but saying that scoring a lower percentile on a test is better than a higher percentile generally is very wrong

Fambum87:
Well, I still insist that higher percentile does not necessarily mean that you have done better than someone with low percentile. use the link below to know how percentile works.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by agrovick(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
nwakibie3:
Which stage are u?
Already took the numerical test, got 55.
How far have you gone?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by haibe(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
Fambum87:

I think i understand your point. But that is based on a normal distribution curve, where those with 30, 40, 50 percentiles may just be around the mean score and still have a chance. However it is specifically stated in the results, that 66 percentile mean you performed better than 66% of those that have taken the test. So definitely someone with a lower percentile would not stand a chance like someone with a high percentile

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by nwakibie3(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
agrovick:

Already took the numerical test, got 55.

How far have you gone?
Did my logical this morning and got 45
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by haibe(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
JiggyFighter:

Lol... your view is inaccurate. The scores are being compared to others, yes. Hence the percentiles. However, the scores being compared are not just from people taking the test now. The assessment site (TalentQ) already has a sample "population" of scores to compare with. Also, it's not just about getting "high" scores. As someone stated above, it's likely that there are different requirements for different streams, so someone might get a high score that is inadequate for one stream, but sufficient for another.

Are u sure about the bolded? If yes, then fambum87 is very right because this would mean getting a low percentile like 40 doesnt mean you won't be chosen as you may still make the top list among the standard chartered applicants. I thought the scores was actually being conpared with those of us that have taken the standard chartered test and not the against a sample population by talentq.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by bioduneberry(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please is there anyone here who has not been able to take the strengths assessment since Sept 4th?

The link I was sent isn't active, have mailed them back a couple of times and was told to be patient that they are having a technical challenge and I will be be contacted as soon as it's resolved.

My assessment link keeps redirecting to www.jobmi.com

I applied for Corporate & Institutional Banking Clients & Corporate Finance.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by JiggyFighter: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
haibe:

Are u sure about the bolded? If yes, then fambum87 is very right because this would mean getting a low percentile like 40 doesnt mean you won't be chosen as you may still make the top list among the standard chartered applicants. I thought the scores was actually being conpared with those of us that have taken the standard chartered test and not the against a sample population by talentq.

Well, think about it properly. Whether the score is being compared against current test takers or an already fixed sample population... What difference does it make?

Scenario1: You have a score in the 40th percentile when compared to this sample population, someone else has a score in the 90th percentile when compared to that population.

Scenario 2: You have a score in the 40th percentile when compared with the current test takers, someone else has a score in the 90th percentile when compared to current test takers.

Who is going to be chosen first in either scenario? Exactly. Of course, no matter what it *really* is, everyone still stands a chance, as no one besides the hiring team knows what the real cut-offs/requirements are.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by JiggyFighter: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
bioduneberry:
Please is there anyone here who has not been able to take the strengths assessment since Sept 4th?

The link I was sent isn't active, have mailed them back a couple of times and was told to be patient that they are having a technical challenge and I will be be contacted as soon as it's resolved.

My assessment link keeps redirecting to www.jobmi.com

I applied for Corporate & Institutional Banking Clients & Corporate Finance.

You were sent the link on the 4th? Did you try it within 5 days of receiving it?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by bioduneberry(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
JiggyFighter:

You were sent the link on the 4th? Did you try it within 5 days of receiving it?

Yes I did, it wasn't working.

This was their response when I mailed them...

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by agrovick(m): 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
nwakibie3:
Did my logical this morning and got 45
Have you been sent a link for the next phase?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Harmonyemerald(f): 6:37am On Sep 20, 2016
undecided
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by yemmy98: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2016
Please has anyone that has written both tests been contacted for the next phase. I just concluded my numerical and would like to know what to expect. Thanks
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by Teejay621(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
I keep experiencing difficulties in doing my online assessment tests. The link has been leading me to the Jobmi.com website and it's really frustrating.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by jidluk: 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Just finished mine too..no response yet.
yemmy98:
Please has anyone that has written both tests been contacted for the next phase. I just concluded my numerical and would like to know what to expect. Thanks
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. by martoshky(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hey guyz, I completed my logical test last wk wednesday and scored 45. Am yet to receive a link for the numerical test. Pls I would like to knw how long u guyz to receive d link for the numeriaacal test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Third Class Candidates / 2012 NNPC Graduate Trainees Recruitment. Deadline 21 December 2012 / Grand Lead Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.