Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life (18768 Views)

Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) / Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2016
Here are my top ten tips to spiritualizing your life:

1) Spirituality is not religion. It’s not the same thing that your parents or the guy in the suit knocking on your front door is pedaling. Spirituality arises from somewhere deep inside you. It is a belief that you harbor for no apparent reason. You believe there is more to life, and whilst you can’t quantify or fully explain what that belief is, you have felt it affirmed a hundred times – perhaps through intuitions proven correct, amazing coincidences, a feeling of oneness, or a sign from a dearly departed one that you just couldn’t argue with. Tap into this inner belief and hold it close. It may not be visible, but I believe it is very real.

2) One of the greatest mountains any spiritually inclined person has to cross is their own wayward mind and their egos. Part of becoming spiritual is about taking control of your own inner chatter and making it healthier. Mediation can help, but also just recognizing your own negative patterns, your own ‘Bitching, Moaning and Whining (BMW’ing)’. Spirituality is about trusting in the path of your life, and whilst sometimes that path seems very hard, or people are put there to cross you, it’s your job to think positively, and when relevant to release any negativity or foul thoughts you may have. Cleansing your mind and really taking control of your thoughts is a sure fire way to
connect with your higher self and your intuition. When you do this, life becomes a little easier.

3) Life still goes on, hardships and all. We all know that life is full of death, destruction, pain and chaos, and yet when it happens to us we balk at the unfairness of it all. Being spiritual means taking a step back, trying to see how are hardships are in fact great educators. Think back to your last set of difficulties and consider how these have changed you as a person, for the better. Life is damned hard, but if we go with the flow of that hardship we stop fighting and we start learning. Try to remember that all things happen for reason, even the really awful things.

4) There are no mistakes. Stop beating yourself up about something you did, said or thought. Spiritual Living is not about being perfect. We are not here to float off into the divine ether quite yet. We are here to be human, we are here to mess up, and sometimes we mess up quite magnificently. We break hearts, we hurt people, we hurt ourselves. As long as we choose to learn from those mistakes and not to repeat them then we are living spiritually. Go easy on your self. You are a spiritual being in a human body for a reason. Allow yourself that human weakness, and choose to learn from it.

5) Don’t believe the hype. You are so much more than what you own, what you look like or what designer handbag you are carrying. We live in a very ‘dumb culture’ of products, labels and appearance. It’s not real. What is real is the very soul of you, the kindness you show and the love you offer. So what if you carry a Fendi bag or a plastic one with holes in it? As long as you get from A to B and scatter a little sunshine as you go then who really cares.

6) Love is not restricted to our personal partnerships. The Christ recommended that we treat all people as though they were our kind and loving self. Try it for a day. Even to those people you can’t stand. Offer out love and see how the world alters a little bit. Be patient, generous and thoughtful. Put others first. Spiritual Living is about getting back in contact with our souls and then the souls of others, to whom we are intimately connected. Offer out love and watch as the world becomes a little bit sweeter.

7) Take time out to explore the natural world. City dwellers visit the park or simply look up to the sky. Shamanistic people believe that all things, even the paper you are reading this on, have a spirit. In my life I have been granted signs and signals from nature, and I’ve enjoyed its restorative power. We are, after all, organic, living material, yet we close ourselves off with machines, bricks and walls. Get out into the open
and feel the natural peace of nature. Notice the clarity that nature can bring to your frazzled mind.

cool Take time out to connect to your Soul. Follow your intuition, wherever it may take you. If you aren’t sure what your intuition feels like, then pay attention to your gut instinct, that initial feeling or thought that comes over you when you meet a new person, or are offered something new. Try not to override that instinct. Think of all the times when you have said ‘I wish I’d listened to my self’. Trust that intuition and see where it takes you!

9) Take time out to release your worries and your problems. We all spend so much time over thinking our ‘issues’, when thinking about them really solves nothing. Choose to believe in a higher scheme of things, believe that you are guided and cared for, and release those problems. Allow them to fix themselves. Stand back and take notice how things are resolved without you having to think another thought about them. Surrender and release your life to your version of spirit and allow things to go with the flow.

10) Choose to have faith, ask for a sign and be prepared to believe that sign when it comes to you. This is a powerful exercise that can transform lives. Make a little pledge in your mind right now, and simply ask that your faith be proven. The sign that comes will be totally unique to you, but can kick start an inner journey that will take you inward, outward and to a happier place of being. Ask for a sign, trust it will come, and when it does do a little whoop and holler of joy. Baby you are spiritual, now it’s simply time to start believing it!

http://theconversation.tv/wellness/10-ways-to-live-a-more-spiritual-life/

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 1:14am On Sep 30, 2016
-----
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by hahn(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
It is spiritual grin
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
hahn:
It is spiritual grin
Hahn the natural man.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by hahn(m): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Chubhie:

Hahn the natural man.

Chubhie the spiritual man
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Chubhie:
Here are my top ten tips to spiritualizing your life:

10) Choose to have faith, ask for a sign and be prepared to believe that sign when it comes to you. This is a powerful exercise that can transform lives. Make a little pledge in your mind right now, and simply ask that your faith be proven. The sign that comes will be totally unique to you, but can kick start an inner journey that will take you inward, outward and to a happier place of being. Ask for a sign, trust it will come, and when it does do a little whoop and holler of joy. Baby you are spiritual, now it’s simply time to start believing it!

http://theconversation.tv/wellness/10-ways-to-live-a-more-spiritual-life/
@bolded,; Signs like what?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
4kings:

@bolded,; Signs like what?
That depends on you.Premised on the universal spiritual maxim of knock and the door shall be opened,seek and you shall find.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Chubhie:

That depends on you.Premised on the universal spiritual maxim of knock and the door shall be opened,seek and you shall find.
Ok, how do u suggest that one differentiate an "Illusion" from what you are talking about "the divine"?
You know there are diverse cases of psychological disorders.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 5:57am On Oct 04, 2016
4kings:

Ok, how do u suggest that one differentiate an "Illusion" from what you are talking about "the divine"?
You know there are diverse cases of psychological disorders.
We are all unique individuals hence bound to experience things differently.

To differentiate the illusions,you MUST go beyond logic and the default five senses of perception.

You need a sixth sense,third eye or your spirit man to be alive whichever applies to you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 12:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Chubhie:

We are all unique individuals hence bound to experience things differently.

To differentiate the illusions,you MUST go beyond logic and the default five senses of perception.

You need a sixth sense,third eye or your spirit man to be alive whichever applies to you.

Please explain what u mean by "go beyond logic", because, one under illusion have also gone out of logic.
Have u ever applied your sixth sense?, how did u do it?, was it very similar to kundalini and chi?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:43am On Oct 05, 2016
4kings:

Please explain what u mean by "go beyond logic", because, one under illusion have also gone out of logic.
Have u ever applied your sixth sense?, how did u do it?, was it very similar to kundalini and chi?
Going beyond logic means taking a leap of faith. You asked a personal question which I shall indulge you while hoping you are with good intentions.

In my quest for hidden things of existence,have met with renowned ifa practitioner,asked philosophical questions and got accurate answers with evidences.

At that period,I had no need to venture through the processes of personal activation of my sixth sense cos I was always a phone call away from knowing things beyond the ordinary eyes. I had like three different ones which I pay such services for and they were always glad to reciprocate.

There's a ritual process whereby alcohol are used to wash your face and you start seeing things. Most of today's pastors are using these.

There were some periods I traveled to see Baba who also doubles as the chairman of all ifa practitioners in that town to ask some philosophical questions and satisfy my curiosity,I saw pastors and young ladies waiting to see Baba and he always indulges me on stuffs he does for them.

The point I'm trying to point out is that there are various ways through which the sixth senses are activated. I can give you all the gist of my adventures as a seeker with the ifa priests,top psychics,renowned prophets and prophtess and the spiritual side of Islam. I've tasted powers and can confidently tell you there's a far greater power a REAL Christian can access through Jesus Christ if the person is willing and ready to put in the required processes.

I'm currently on this final journey in humility and been taught by the holy spirit of the most high God resident in my body.

# I don't know why I'm been led to share this# GOD IS GOD.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chubhie:

Going beyond logic means taking a leap of faith. You asked a personal question which I shall indulge you while hoping you are with good intentions.

In my quest for hidden things of existence,have met with renowned ifa practitioner,asked philosophical questions and got accurate answers with evidences.

At that period,I had no need to venture through the processes of personal activation of my sixth sense cos I was always a phone call away from knowing things beyond the ordinary eyes. I had like three different ones which I pay such services for and they were always glad to reciprocate.

There's a ritual process whereby alcohol are used to wash your face and you start seeing things. Most of today's pastors are using these.

There were some periods I traveled to see Baba who also doubles as the chairman of all ifa practitioners in that town to ask some philosophical questions and satisfy my curiosity,I saw pastors and young ladies waiting to see Baba and he always indulges me on stuffs he does for them.

The point I'm trying to point out is that there are various ways through which the sixth senses are activated. I can give you all the gist of my adventures as a seeker with the ifa priests,top psychics,renowned prophets and prophtess and the spiritual side of Islam. I've tasted powers and can confidently tell you there's a far greater power a REAL Christian can access through Jesus Christ if the person is willing and ready to put in the required processes.

I'm currently on this final journey in humility and been taught by the holy spirit of the most high God resident in my body.

Woww, very similar to Gnosticism.
Are u part of those guys that believe that Christ was an esoteric knowledge? Or better still, how do u place Christ and Holyspirit in your ideology.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 4:04am On Oct 08, 2016
4kings:

Woww, very similar to Gnosticism.
Are u part of those guys that believe that Christ was an esoteric knowledge? Or better still, how do u place Christ and Holyspirit in your ideology.
Oga Jesus Christ is/was an embodiment of all esoteric knowledge.

The holy spirit is the third member of the Godhead. An in-dwelling spirit that Christ gives to conscious Christians like the filthy devil gives yeye demons to his followers and atheist who consciously and unconsciously seeks to plant seeds of doubt and unbelief in weak spiritual minds.

A demon assigned to this board is playing with fire if he continues to ban conscious Christians from this board.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 5:08am On Oct 08, 2016
Chubhie:

Oga Jesus Christ is/was an embodiment of all esoteric knowledge.

The holy spirit is the third member of the Godhead. An in-dwelling spirit that Christ gives to conscious Christians like the filthy devil gives yeye demons to his followers and atheist who consciously and unconsciously seeks to plant seeds of doubt and unbelief in weak spiritual minds.

A demon assigned to this board is playing with fire if he continues to ban conscious Christians from this board.
Oh, u are one of those Christains. I thought u were Gnostic.
So is Christ or Holyspirit the only way to get to this sixth sense.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2016
4kings:

Oh, u are one of those Christains. I thought u were Gnostic.
So is Christ or Holyspirit the only way to get to this sixth sense.
It is self evident there are a thousand other ways of seeing hidden things outside of Christianity. However,a conscious christian who understands the nature,worth,glory and power of Jesus Christ stands light years ahead of all spiritual battles.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2016
Chubhie:

It is self evident there are a thousand other ways of seeing hidden things outside of Christianity. However,a conscious christian who understands the nature,worth,glory and power of Jesus Christ stands light years ahead of all spiritual battles.
What do u mean by "spiritual battles"?, could u give an example?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2016
4kings:

What do u mean by "spiritual battles"?, could u give an example?
Battles for spiritual authority over kingdoms,territories,souls of men etc.

Even the churches are infiltrated by the devil. He earned that credit cos Christians are sleeping and distracted from things currently ongoing spiritually save very few remnants.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
Chubhie:

Battles for spiritual authority over kingdoms,territories,souls of men etc.

Even the churches are infiltrated by the devil. He earned that credit cos Christians are sleeping and distracted from things currently ongoing spiritually save very few remnants.
Apart from 'faith, bible and spiritual realms', can u explain how this devil interfere with human affairs on this physical realm?, preferably with personal encounters or experiences you've had.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
4kings:

Apart from 'faith, bible and spiritual realms', can u explain how this devil interfere with human affairs on this physical realm?, preferably with personal encounters or experiences you've had.
He does this by way of rebellion against God through his creations. Look around and see abominations has become norms in today's world.

The devil and his agents are working overtime and lunching ferocious attacks on family units and the church of God.

Demonic possessions are very real.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 8:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

He does this by way of rebellion against God through his creations. Look around and see abominations has become norms in today's world.

The devil and his agents are working overtime and lunching ferocious attacks on family units and the church of God.

You still didn't bring up any personal experience you've had.
Anyways, how does one know what is rebellious against this God, when he doesn't reveal himself?, you wouldn't really expect anything from your kids or subordinates when you are not there to tell them what you want them to do.
Incase you want to bring up Yahweh and messengers story, remember there were different kinds of religions long before Moses.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Yannny: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2016
NIGERIANS ARE MORE RELIGIOUS THAN SPIRITUAL & THIS WILL NOT TAKE THEM TO HEAVEN ...

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Ayoswit(f): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2016
k
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by mumumugu(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2016
stop going to church
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by olutosfem(f): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2016
All these epistles ehn...just do the right thing at the right time, live your life according to the word of God knowing the rights from the wrongs and pray to overcome FLESH and whenever you fall don't hesitate to ask for forgiveness and mercy. Thatsall!!!
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 09, 2016
I love this.... can I copy it
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by specco(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

@bolded. Thank God you realised yourself and came back to the Truth. But some are not that fortunate but continued on the wild goose chase seeking for answers in all the wrong places. Our Lord Jesus Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life", John 14:6. And in same John 8:32, He says "I am the light of the world, no one that follows me shall ever walk in darkness but shall have the of light of life.
Congrats as you embark on this journey.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Went to my cousin's place last weekend and my aunt gave me #5,200, I prostrated flat thanking her & she said. "bami fun mummy e ni 5k, iwo mu 200" angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by dhebz2pon(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nice write up,

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by dhebz2pon(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

4kings:

Please continue the argument.... Following

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Went to my cousin's place last weekend and my aunt gave me #5,200, I prostrated flat thanking her & she said. "bami fun mummy e ni 5k, iwo mu 200" angry
hahaha cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / Mbaka Denies Claim That He Prophesied That There Will Be Heavy Rain In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.