Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London (9908 Views)

Breaking: Former Delta Governor Ibori Secretely Released From London Prison? / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue / UK To Return Ex Delta Governor Ibori’s £6.8m Of Loot To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Odeku(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2005
Is this How our governors govern us in Nigeria?
Chief James Onanefe Ibori, the Governor of Delta State and his wife, Theresa Nkoyo have been fingered in a messy - six million barrels of Nigerian Bonny Light- oil deal amounting to 360 million U. S dollars in the United Kingdom.

According to an on-line media outfit, Elendureports.com- based in the United State of American, a few weeks ago, Whitehills Corporation Limited offered in its advertorial in London to sell six million barrel of Nigerian Bonny Light to interested parties, and also promised to supply the amount of oil every month. “One could have dismissed this as another fraudulent scheme by some Nigerians, except that the company listed Tessi Ibori as the Company Secretary, while the Chief Executive Officer {CEO}is Okey Ilo”, added the media outfit.

However, investigations by our source revealed that Tessi Ibori is the same person as Theresa Nkoyo Ibori, wife of the Delta State Governor. Tessi, a British citizen- born in January 1968, was appointed the Company Secretary in November 2001- nearly two years after the husband became the governor of Delta state.

Whitehills Corporation Limited is said to have its registered office at St. Andrew Court, St. Andrew Road, London, E176AX while Tessi's house is located at 7 Westover Hill, North West London. According to our source, the Ibori's wife London address is in a gated community with a host of British guards and gardeners.

Hear our source: “Visitors can only be buzzed into the estate. Closed Circuits' cameras are mounted in strategic places around the premises with collection of expensive cars in the garage including Bentley. The house is owned by Governor Ibori”.

More so, search by the source for the growing rate of houses in the area shows that number 10 Westover Hill was purchased on October 18, 2003 for 0ne million, seven hundred thousand pounds and number 14 was purchased on May 31, 2001 for two million, three hundred thousand pounds. “The complexity of Ibori's story explains the insidious nature of tax haven and sundry Island, which offer career company directors who front for many Nigerians”, our source added.

Newsday gathered that Governor Ibori is one of the governors being investigated by the London Metropolitan Police and the Economic Financial Crimes Commission, {EFCC} for alleged money laundering. Popularly referred to as “Oil Sheik” by his colleagues, security sources said Governor Ibori is one of the richest governors in the country. And since the arrest of Governor D. S. P Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State in London, Ibori and others are said not to be in a hurry to travel to Europe.

However, Abel Osheveire, Special Adviser to Ibori on Media Matters told Elendureports.Com that his boss does not own a house in London. When reminded of the house in Westover Hill, Oshevire said: “You know Tessi was born in London; maybe, that is her father's house”.

He however confirmed that Ibori stays in the house whenever he is in London.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Akolawole(m): 1:15am On Nov 28, 2005
Can you please provide link to this discovery B4 SENSIBLE PEOPLE CAN RESPOND ?
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by bani(m): 10:15am On Nov 28, 2005
odeku i'ld also love to see the links to yous story. cos its worth the reading and discussion
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Odeku(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2005
http://www.newsdayng.com/main%20cover.htm

for all the people that want to read
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2005
am not surprised, shey i told you peeps that ALAMS is the least corrupt govenor in the south-south region of Nigeria.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Odeku(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2005
The only question that I have for all this people is why are they so greedy? they can't spend all this money in their life time?
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by loveday: 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2006
They are all corrupt and the father of all corruption is our very own [flash=200,200]http://Obasanjo[/flash]Obasanjo
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Odeku(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2006
loveday can you provide some insight to the fact that Obansanjo is corrupt, give us something to substantiate this statement please.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by doshbass(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2006
This story is old news, I saw an article about it on nigeria village square or somewhere about 5 months ago
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by babe1(f): 6:20am On Aug 14, 2006
Ewo, this is our goverors,s wife. Chei!
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by DeepSoul(f): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2006
Except this is another one, I think I heard about the Iboris story some months ago.

Over the weekend there were some unconfirmed reports from "Bayelsan Insiders" that the Goodluck Jonathan's (the deputy who took over Alams) wife was arrested in London. I'm yet to see the story on any newspaper. I just hope she hasnt decided to follow in the footsteps Alams n his wife

@Odeku
What other evidence do u need 2 prove Obj is the father of corruption? Look around. Nigeria is almost a failed state. Isn't that enough evidence?
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by ono(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2006
deep,
Me too. I heard about that Ibori gist some months back. But, it has since died a natural death for want of ''credibility''. Anyway, who does not know that ''corruption'' is the ''tap root'' of the Nigerian society? Cut off corruption, and Nigeria will ''die''. Nigeria cannot ''survive'' without corruption.

You've got to be a ''dibia'' to understand which context I used ''survive'' in there.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by Odeku(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2006
OBJ is not the cause of poverty and corruption in Nigeria, yes back in the days he had his share and has tried to mend his ways. How many years did this useless Northerners rule Nigeria? over 30 years, so most of out problem should be directly link to their embezzlement and mismanagement of funds.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by 9ja4eva: 1:02am On Dec 20, 2006
Who no know say Ibori na d big thief we get today.He will be arrested i bet y'all.Ribadu hope u no dey sleep.
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by femionasan(m): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2007
A year 9ja4eva and he has been arrested. You must be a prophet lol!!!!!!! I fear u o!!!!!!!
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by panalyst(m): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2007
Odeku aka Mama Jama
Re: Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London by 9ja4eva: 4:22am On Dec 15, 2007
femionasan:

A year 9ja4eva and he has been arrested. You must be a prophet lol!!!!!!! I fear u o!!!!!!!

Guy i see pass Tunde Bakare oh.LOL

U funny mehn

(1) (Reply)

Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! / EndSARS: We Froze Accounts Of Companies, Not Individuals - Justice John Tsoho / Governor Fintiri Visits VP Osinbajo Over Adamawa Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.