Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Problem With External Hard Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With External Hard Drive (1064 Views)

1tb WD External Hard Drive For Sale At 19k(new) / Neatly Used HP Mini Laptop With External Harddisk For Sale / Promo!!! HP Mini 4 Sale With External Dvd Rom Wireless Mouse & Bag @27k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem With External Hard Drive by jaz(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Guys I need your help. Was trying to remove the encryption on my external hard drive (seagate 3tb) w hen I mistakenly detached the cord from the system at 96% completion.
Now it tells me disc inaccessible. When I try to format it I get a notification that the disc is encrypted. I need to access the info or at worst format the disc for re-use.

Would appreciate anyone who can help even for a fee
Re: Problem With External Hard Drive by Greatzeus(m): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
3tb wow,sorry for that,external HDD are very delicate,depending on the maker also.
Two things to never ever do to your HDD is unplug the USB when its in use or forget the password,if you find yourself in these situations, your chances of using your drive again is small.
Try to google and see what you will find,also search for Seagate HDD forum,it might help.
I have a WD HDD 500gb I bought in 2012,it still works perfectly till today.
In case of next time,never ever buy a single 3tb drive again,its better you buy 2 pieceof 1 tb each,than have a single 3tb HDD.Imagine you have lost all your files on the drive and it might not work again,if you have 2 separate ones of say 1.5tb each one will still be working in case the other develops fault.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Del, Shift, Ctrl, Fn & Alt Keys Stopped Working / Macbook Air For Sales / Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.