Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) (17011 Views)

Yetunde Akilapa Arraigned In Court For Theft (Photo) / 70 Teenagers Arrested In Yenagoa During Raid. See What Police Will Do To Them / Man Strips 13-year-old Son, Chains Hands, Feet Over N2, 000 Theft (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by dre11(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Olaleye Aluko and Adewale Ogungbemi

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested four teenagers for alleged involvement in oil theft and the abduction of two expatriates in the Epe and Igando area of the state.

Our correspondents learnt that the four suspects – Michael Loko, 19; Oluwatomi Obosi, 19; Francis Cyprian, 19; and Olatoye Semiu, 18 – were nabbed by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, on Tuesday.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects were also alleged to be involved in pipeline vandalism in the Isawo, Ikorodu area of the state.

It was gathered that two expatriates had been allegedly abducted in the Epe and Igando areas of the state at different times in July, after which undisclosed ransoms were paid before their release.

A police source said, “The teenagers also assisted oil thieves to carry petrol siphoned from pipelines into the trucks for sale.”

The police added that Loko was the leader of the gang.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Loko, who confessed to the kidnappings, added that he collected N280,000 as his share from the ransom paid for the release of the expatriate in the Epe area.

He added that his elder brother, Amos Loko, and other accomplices brought the victim to their hideout in Isawo.

Loko said he and the three others also made N1,000 daily from helping pipeline vandals.

He said, “I was arrested in Epe. I was involved in the kidnapping of an expatriate. My elder brother, Amos, was the one who carried out the operation. My brother and other accomplices were later arrested.

“Although I do not know the total amount of money collected as ransom from the expatriate in Epe, I was given a share of N280,000 for my role in the operation. I was into illegal oil deals and also assist pipeline vandals to carry jerrycans of petrol from water to the shore. I earn N1,000 daily.”

Another suspected member of the gang, Cyprian, who worked as an apprentice bricklayer, said Loko (Michael) introduced him to illegal oil business in January 2016.

He said, “Michael and I went to the same secondary school. I was working as a bricklayer, but I decided to quit the job because I earned little money from it. The first day I got involved in carrying stolen petroleum, I earned N1,000.

“I was arrested when I visited a woman in the Ikorodu area, who I had saved some of the proceeds of the oil theft with. I wanted to collect N80,000 from her, but I landed in police net.”

Another teenager, Semiu, said, “I learnt tailoring, but after graduation, I was unable to rent a shop. I could not get money to purchase all my tools. So, I joined the gang.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the gang members, said the command would not tolerate acts of criminalities, adding that the public should always avail the police of credible information at all times.

http://punchng.com/teenagers-arrested-kidnapping-expatriates-oil-theft/

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
[size=15pt]Our correspondents learnt that the four suspects – Michael Loko, 19; Oluwatomi Obosi, 19; Francis Cyprian, 19; and Olatoye Semiu, 18 – were nabbed by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, on Tuesday.[/size]

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by MzPecs(f): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Chai! See small children shocked shocked shocked

I'll only blame Buhary for this undecided
With the way things are going in this country now, one might run mad one day ooh! grin

The hustle is so real

6 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by madridguy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
SMH.
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=49104302][/quote]
e pain dis one die. I can bet anything that they christians. grin
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by MzPecs(f): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:
If u check now, u will find out that they are christians, that is what they are tought in the church. Religion of criminals should be part of their identity when the public is being informed cos I'm working on a crime-related academic research. grin grin grin
Stop displaying your stupidity in public!
It's "taught" and not "tought" Mr researcher grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
MzPecs:

Stop displaying your stupidity in public!
It's "taught" and not "tought" Mr researcher grin
mistake noted but they are christians. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by madridguy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
The name of the church that teaches kidnapping and vandalism or you go and sleep

nextprince:
If u check now, u will find out that they are christians, that is what they are tought in the church. Religion of criminals should be part of their identity when the public is being informed cos I'm working on a crime-related academic research. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by MzPecs(f): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:

mistake noted but they are christians. grin grin grin
You okay? undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
madridguy:
The name of the church that teaches kidnapping and vandalism or you go and sleep

All churches. Because even pastors are not left behind in this recent increase in crime rate. Pastors that should be role models. SMH
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
MzPecs:

You okay? undecided
Very okay. Cos certainly they are not muslims.
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:

e pain dis one die. I can bet anything that they christians. grin

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by MzPecs(f): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:

Very okay. Cos certainly they are not muslims.
So it's no longer tribe you guys check, it's now religion?

Una head nor correct! Better go and have some sleep grin grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
MzPecs:

So it's no longer tribe you guys check, it's now religion?

Una head nor correct! Better go and have some sleep grin grin grin
From the way things are going now, both need to be taken into consideration cos I'm personally interested in their religions for reference purpose.

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by MzPecs(f): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:

From the way things are going now, both need to be taken into consideration cos I'm personally interested in their religions for reference purpose.

5 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
MzPecs:

Yes, dazal. cool
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by Young03(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
NCAN Iam not [b][/b]surprised

3 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by yrret: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
nextprince:
If u check now, u will find out that they are christians, that is what they are taught in the church. Religion of criminals should be part of their identity when the public is being informed cos I'm working on a crime-related academic research. grin grin grin

Did you see them with any Christian attires such as their choir robes, boys brigade uniforms or any form of church wears?

Somebody just need to go back to rehab!

15 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by nextprince: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
yrret:

Did you see them with any Christian attires such as their choir robes, boys brigade uniforms or any form of church wears?

Somebody just need to go back to rehab!
E pain am die grin Take it or leave it, they are christ followers grin

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by ijustdey: 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
when these teens are kidnapping expatriate.......

what and who will they kidnap when they are in the 30s....

I guess they will venture to try and do such to the President

3 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 06, 2016
MzPecs:
Chai! See small children shocked shocked shocked

I'll only blame Buhary for this undecided
With the way things are going in this country now, one might run mad one day ooh! grin

The hustle is so real
Blaming PMB for your failure? Kwantinue
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by Pidggin(f): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
I blame their parents and Buhari for this.

3 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by veekid(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2016
What a country

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by celestialAgent(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2016
Nigeria sef

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by mmsen: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2016
nextprince:
If u check now, u will find out that they are christians, that is what they are taught in the church. Religion of criminals should be part of their identity when the public is being informed cos I'm working on a crime-related academic research. grin grin grin

You think Islam is better?

Both religions teach stupidity and dishonesty as a means of survival.

Hopefully we can eradicate both creeds from Nigerian society, or at least relegate them to the background.

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by iyke484real(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2016
We are really in a perilous time imagine this? Nigeria is doomed am off to Ghana bye bye

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by bejeria101(m): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2016
How do teens kidnap adults? Na armoured tank them use. And the expatriates involved dem be baby ni? Omo osu mi o,zombies any solution?
Re: Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) by coalcoal1(m): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2016
for all those who are engaged in evil deeds, know that your time is up. You shall all be caught and brought to book.

meanwhile, please kindly spread the word. Help recover a missing vehicle

https://www.nairaland.com/3332603/missing-driver-toyota-camry-2005

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Counsel Withdraws As Offa Banks’ Robbery Suspects Are Arraigned / Man Kills Sister In-law, Commits Suicide / Police Arrest 4 Armed Robbers In Benue, Recover Weapons, Phones(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.