Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy (47911 Views)

Youths Attack Ojodu Abiodun Police Station After SARS Officer Shot A Boy Dead / Armed Robbers Attack Lagos Market, Rob Phones, Other Valuables / Hausa Teenagers Attack Lagos School, Beat Principal, Steal N1.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by jamesibor: 2:28am On Sep 06, 2016
There was confusion on Sunday in the Ketu area of Lagos State after some Hausa youths seized a chemist, identified as Emmanuel Emeka.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Emeka would have been lynched but for the intervention of policemen from the Ketu Police Division who quickly brought the situation under control.

A source told our correspondent that the victim had written a blasphemous word on a magazine, which triggered the anger of the youths.

The source said the police had already taken custody of the victim to save his life.

He added that the Hausa youths mobilised to destroy the victim’s shop, but were prevented by the policemen, who were deployed in the area.

He said, “It happened around 9pm on Sunday. The issue could have led to a bloody fight between Christians and Muslims in Ketu, but for the police.

“What happened was that the man wrote something on a magazine which the Hausa youths said was blasphemous. When other Hausa men saw it, they became angry and seized him.

“Some of his friends tried to rescue him and that almost started a fight. The police were alerted and they responded quickly and doused the rising tension.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the situation was under control.

She also confirmed that Emeka was in police custody.

She said, “The Lagos State Police Command averted what could have been a religious crisis between the Igbo community and the Hausa Muslim community due to the timely intervention of its operatives.

“At about 9.05pm, the Ketu division received a distress call that a boy was about to be lynched by some youths because he wrote blasphemous words on their magazine.

“The boy was rescued and kept in protective custody. His chemist shop was secured from destruction. Everywhere is calm as the police have intensified patrol in the area after successfully calming frayed nerves.”

http://punchng.com/hausa-youths-attack-lagos-chemist-blasphemy/

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by jamesibor: 2:29am On Sep 06, 2016
The ascension of Bubu to the throne in Aso Rock aided by the likes of Beremx and co has emboldened these riff raffs to act with impunity, killing at will.

256 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by pyyxxaro: 3:07am On Sep 06, 2016
God help us

I just hope the arrival of this Yokozuna called buhari

Won't cause religious war tongue

Make I go buy my carton of knockout (BANGER), incase all these smelling abokí say de won change am for us

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by meccuno: 3:34am On Sep 06, 2016
Like one person up above said, that there would be crises. And I have seen something like that.....don't know when but it would happen. It won't be instigated by the south but by the north. I wonder when the patience on Nigerians would grow thin....we cannot conþinue like this. Moreover what was the thing the man wrote. Cause these hausas could be ridiculous @ times.....

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Justiyke4u: 3:41am On Sep 06, 2016
This blasphemy attacks should be checked before it gets out of hand

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by free2ryhme: 3:45am On Sep 06, 2016
What is all this nonsense? These terrorists need to be eliminated from our environments. The police need to arrest all those who assaulted Emeka and charge them to court. They should be tried and sentenced appropriately to show that we are a lawful community. These Hausa/Fulani people should not be pampered. They can't be allowed to impinge on the rights of people to freedom of expression. ****

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hakeem4(m): 3:52am On Sep 06, 2016
People who fight for religion are silly

period

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Badguytinz(m): 3:54am On Sep 06, 2016
Problem still goes back to the Government. If they had figured ways to improve our educational system, things like this would be less pervasive angry angry angry...........Nigerians, vote right next time! tongue

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:56am On Sep 06, 2016
But, Jesus is been ridiculed by them everyday but we left all the battle for Jesus to fight.

I could remember vividly when Nasir El-rufai said openly that Even Jesus Will Not Be Able To Rule Nigeria, did Christians kill anybody or burnt down any house??.. But, look at where we are today because one man at the helm of the affairs is a religious fanatic & ethnocentric bigot.

God help Lord Luggard's Experiment angry angry

196 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by anibi9674: 4:29am On Sep 06, 2016
this blasphemy issue is getting out of hand, the government should do something about it now. what do they even mean by blasphemy sef. They will not take proactive measures now. How I my sure those in authority are not happy about the killings.

15 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 4:48am On Sep 06, 2016
Justiyke4u:
I think blasphemy itself should be checked first. Anti malaria drugs attack the causal agents, not the symptoms. cool

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 4:56am On Sep 06, 2016
anibi9674:
this blasphemy issue is getting out of hand, the government should do something about it now. what do they even mean by blasphemy sef. They will not take proactive measures now. How I my sure those in authority are not happy about the killings.
free2ryhme:
What is all this nonsense? These terrorists need to be eliminated from our environments. The police need to arrest all those who assaulted Emeka and charge them to court. They should be tried and sentenced appropriately to show that we are a lawful community. These Hausa/Fulani people should not be pampered. They can't be allowed to impinge on the rights of people to freedom of expression. They and their Mohamed are idiots.
oduastates:
Olodumare, why did you join us to this country?
It is never too late than never.
Address the cause rather than wasting ur time on the symptoms as that wouldn't solve the problem. The Christians should stop blaspheming cos the muslims don't joke with it. The earlier u take that instruction, the better. Must u insult their religion as if ur life depends on it? Freedom of expression does not include insulting other people's religion.cool let the mentions start rolling in, nonsense.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by jerryunit48: 4:57am On Sep 06, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Na CHANGE give dem power

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 5:05am On Sep 06, 2016
hakeem4:
People who fight for religion are silly

period
And what would u say of people that blaspheme? Saints I guess. Go to India and insult Hinduism and lets see how the story goes.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 5:08am On Sep 06, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, Jesus is been ridiculed by them everyday but we left all the battle for Jesus to fight.

I could remember vividly when Nadir El-rufai said open that Even Jesus Will Not Be Able To Rule Nigeria, did Christians kill anybody or burnt down any house??.. But, look at where we are today because one man at the helm of the affairs is a religious fanatic & ethnocentric bigot.

God help Lord Luggard's Experiment angry angry
Stop spreading falsehood. The muslims recognise Jesus Christ and as such, they have no reason to ridicule him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 5:10am On Sep 06, 2016
oduastates:
Olodumare, why did you join us to this country?
It is never too late than never.
I don't think Nigerians need visa to port to Cameroun and the distance is treckable cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Babangida70(m): 5:22am On Sep 06, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:36am On Sep 06, 2016
nextprince:

Stop spreading falsehood. The muslims recognise Jesus Christ and as such, they have no reason to ridicule him.
A religion that sees another one from a different faith as an "Infidel" is not a religion..

A religion that kills at any slightest provocation is not a religion..

A religion that preaches violence is not a religion..

FYI: I don't spread falsehood, i make my statements & back it up with facts.

www.Nairaland.com/1177095/clerics-attacks-el-rufai-jesus-joke

Please bow your head in shame

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by eleojo23: 5:37am On Sep 06, 2016
I am happy I serve a God who doesn't
need my help.
He is powerful enough to defend
himself.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 5:42am On Sep 06, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
A religion that see another one from a different faith as an "Infidel" is not a religion..

A religion that kills at[b] any slighest provocation[/b] is not a religion..

Why the provocation in the first place? Is cure now better than prevention? For the links u provided, I think u have issues with comprehensiongrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by nextprince: 5:43am On Sep 06, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
A religion that see another one from a different faith as an "Infidel" is not a religion..

A religion that kills at[b] any slighest provocation[/b] is not a religion..

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by MDsambo: 5:44am On Sep 06, 2016
Everyone just hate Islam and Muslims

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:45am On Sep 06, 2016
nextprince:

Why the provocation in the first place? Is cure now better than prevention? For the links u provided, I think u have issues with comprehensiongrin
Bye. See you next time..

www.nairaland.com/1177732/el-rufai-apologises-jesus-joke-twitter

Do have a wonderful day

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hardbody: 5:48am On Sep 06, 2016
Did the Emeka write the blasphemy in Arabic? Reason being that those boys can only recite and scribble in Arabic. They remain otherwise illiterate.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by ConqueredWest: 5:49am On Sep 06, 2016
An some useless Buhari fanatics will doubt United Nations report that Nigeria is deeply divided

Imagine Hausa Fulani people attempting to kill an Igbo in Yorubaland forgetting that this will end up in disaster against them in Lagos.

Do these people take the Southern people for fools. angry

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hardbody: 5:49am On Sep 06, 2016
MDsambo:
Everyone just hate Islam and Muslims

Then change your ways..

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by ConqueredWest: 5:52am On Sep 06, 2016
nextprince:

Close Your Mouth.

Civilize people don't take laws into their hands.

Which school did you attend.?

How does your reasoning differ from those illiterates. angry

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by sarrki(m): 5:58am On Sep 06, 2016
Point of correction the fight is within two religious extremist.

We don't have religious crisis in the southwest

We are one regardless your religion

Other tribe should try and emulate from the west

Stop provocative words or action

Stop fighting for God

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) / Kachi Nwalolo, Chukwuebuka Esoga 'Kaka' Robbers, Killers Arrested In Imo / Lagos Shop Owner Beats Apprentice To Death Over Missing N1000 (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.