Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria (26117 Views)

3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle / How To Overcome A Driving Phobia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 7:43am On Sep 06, 2016
A learner's permit is an initial authorization by law permitting an intending driver's licence applicant to train and perfect his or her driving skills for a period not less than 3 months.

The procedure for obtaining the learner's permit is as follows:

1) Applicant must be 18 years of age.
2) Obtain form MVA 15.
3) Pay the prescribed fee.
4) Attend a certified driving school.
5) Obtain a pass from driving school with third issue learner's permit.
6) Drive for at least 3 months accompanied by an instructor who is a licensed driver.
7) Affix plates displaying the letter "L" on the front and rear of the vehicle.

It is also compulsory for all learner's permit applicants to obtain the Nigeria highway code.

http://autojosh.com/how-to-obtain-a-driving-learners-permit-in-nigeria/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by BF69BF: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
OP, how musshh?

FTC: I dedicate this spot to all scammers on naira land. Bless your hustles and I wish one of these days, nemesis will catch up with you.

P.S.: Stop sending me pms

P SS: if you insist,I'll keep cussing and cursing you, just like I've been doing.
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by XtremelyCoded(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Oluwole things

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Rinato(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok thanks, but I learnt how to drive without visiting a driving school. Most women should be enlightened coz at the end of it all you wonder why they still drive like one Aunty Iyabo
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by ajbabs(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
I
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
If I hear say I put ' L'..taah

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by podium(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
he much
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by onihaxy: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by podium(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
hw much
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by bobo65(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Should be like 1200
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Cmoyor: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
learners where una dey ooo

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Hablad47(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
Funny enough, Learner's permit fee is just #50.
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Smallb0b0(f): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
I have being driving since 16 without a license. Never got caught. You don't need to use a permit before you learn to drive. Its even advisable you get your license first. Or if you smart enough you don't. But be ready for hot chases.

I wish all the learners well
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Phiniter(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Highway code again? Baba Ibrahim driving school that I went to did not give me any code oh after registering with him.
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Ramcie(f): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Cmoyor:
learners where una dey ooo

I come mark register. Off to go and start processing my Drivers License. I don try I never bash anyone or anything yet grin grin grin now almost a pro in parallel parking cool cool
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
I just went to the road safety state office in ibadan secretariat, filled a form, submitted a passport photograph and paid 1000. The lady there did something sha and returned with my learner's permit. I now saw that it was #250. embarassed
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Johnbosco77(m): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
OP ARE U A LEARNER?
DIS ONE NO DE HAPPEN FOR WE NAIJA..

JUST PUT UR "L" FOR UR CAR, PAY ONE AGENT 15000# AND UR LICENCE GO SHOW AFTER THREE DAYS.
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Rinato:
Ok thanks, but I learnt how to drive without visiting a driving school. Most women should be enlightened coz at the end of it all you wonder why they still drive like one Aunty Iyabo

You need to goto a driving school, its people like you that cant read road signs on the road.

Goto driving school now!!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Unavoidable2:
I just went to the road safety state office in ibadan secretariat, filled a form, submitted a passport photograph and paid 1000. The lady there did something sha and returned with my learner's permit. I now saw that it was #250. embarassed
Eeyah. That's why you're a learner cheesy tongue

3 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by sandysprax(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Smallb0b0:
I have being driving since 16 without a license. Never got caught. You don't need to use a permit before you learn to drive. Its even advisable you get your license first. Or if you smart enough you don't. But be ready for hot chases.

I wish all the learners well

I dare you to come and drive without a license in abuja. You have road safety, VIO, Police, Army, Civil Defence and even boys brigade asking for license here. grin cheesy

But on a more serious note, people need to start going to driving schools. There is more to driving than just being able to move an automatic car

7 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Smallb0b0(f): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
sandysprax:

I dare you to come and drive without a license in abuja. You have road safety, VIO, Police, Army, Civil Defence and even boys brigade asking for license here. grin cheesy

But on a more serious note, people need to start going to driving schools. There is more to driving than just being able to move an automatic car

The car has a presidency plate number and its all tinted. Come stop me now. You go tell me who your father be

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by chukslawrence(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
K
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Ajusshi: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Smallb0b0:

The car has a presidency plate number and its all tinted. Come stop me now. You go tell me who your father be
Stop it pls! What's your point?Glorying in lawlessness and inpunity.. Only in Nigeria, i guess. Smh!

7 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by sandysprax(m): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Smallb0b0:

You are part of the problem we have in this country. So you feel just cos u drive presidency u are above the law? Smh

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Emeka71(m): 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
I'm not going to driving school.
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by spartoo: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Rinato:
Ok thanks.. Most women should be enlightened coz at the end of it all you wonder why they still drive like one Aunty Iyabo

lolzzz..
u mean this...

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by KunAviero(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
kaeforum:

You need to goto a driving school, its people like you that cant read road signs on the road.

Goto driving school now!!!! angry
Tell them. They think driving is just all about turning steering.

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by segbas(m): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Driving is a 91 Unit Course here, when you graduate you will give testimony, throw party...... dts after you don pay money wey fit buy car finish.... for training......
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Smallb0b0(f): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
sandysprax:

You are part of the problem we have in this country. So you feel just cos u drive presidency u are above the law? Smh
Thank God you aren't part of the problem. I think you should increase your prayer points and schedule then you will understand what I mean..
Re: How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria by Smallb0b0(f): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ajusshi:
Stop it pls! What's your point?Glorying in lawlessness and inpunity.. Only in Nigeria, i guess. Smh!
You were be law abiding citizen. I DON sight you. When last you pay tax self..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / One Or Two Leg Driving For Automatic Vehicles? / Bus Burning At Technoil Filling Station, Ojodu, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.