Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Ali Baba Speak On The State Of The Economy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba Speak On The State Of The Economy (345 Views)

Efe: “Yahoo Boys Bring Money Into The Economy” — 2017 Bbnaija Winner / Ali Baba On Kate Middleton Always Stepping Out Immediately After She Puts To Bed / Laura Ikeji Reacts To Ali Baba’s Post About Ladies With K-Legs & Mini Skirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ali Baba Speak On The State Of The Economy by Akeelahtunez(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2016
gendary Nigerian comedian Alibaba took to his instagram page to pen this down Epistle on Nigeria’s Economy…“The economy will remain like this for a long while. Becausethe strings thatpull us into direstraits are still pulling us evenmuch stronger.How did we gethere? We were making so much from oil and neglected all other sources of revenue.We did not onlyneglecte those sources of revenue, we did not invest the revenue from oil in infrastructural development of the country. We were not futuristic in ourplanning either. Did we increase the number of hostels in our universities to accommodate the new numbers of students? Pay teachers well? Did we build more roads to take care of the millions of cars and transportation needs? Did we improve the services of the police force? Did we use the money to build better hospitals? Did the new industries create more jobs? Did we improve our power supply?Did we have stronger and modified laws that made surethat people who broke the laws were punished adequately to discourage others? Did we tidy up our pension scheme so that people areassured that they did not need to steal toassure themselves of better retirement?What have we done to reducecost of administration? What kind of enabling environment has government created to grow the economy? What have we done to ensurethe right people got elected? Have we developed our tourism potentials to attract foreign investors and revenues? Better banks? What have we done to curb corruption? What steps have we taken in the directionof housing? Who has security votes helped? We have failed to do all of that… NOW OUR ALMIGHTY crude prices that were our saving grace are low. The production is even nearly non existent, thanks to militants. There are backlog of owed salaries? Uncompleted projects. Dead refineries. Highunemploymentand huge numbers of theunemployable. We are borrowing. EVEN JESUS CAN NOT SAVE US unless we create new sources of revenue. What do I know SEF?Shebi I am an ordinary comedian? I dey look.”

(1) (Reply)

Someone Sued Creator Of Hit Show ‘black-ish’, Over What? / I Don’t Woo Women, They Chase Me – Mr. Ibu / Carliswagblog | Hottest 9ja Artiste In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.