|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,773,650 members, 6,605,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 10:56 AM
|Help Me Out by Kemory(f): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2006|
Im having problem with my weight,its has been disturbing me in setling down as men nwadays prefer slim lady .anyway im big and beautiful ill be marking my 34 birthday come jan 5 07
|Re: Help Me Out by ell77(f): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2006|
I feel your plight my dear. I know you are older than me so I hope you don't take offence or feel I am being when I speak to you. I have a degree in Biomedical science and I am studying medicine but it does not make me a doctor your best bet is to speka to a doctor ordietician to ask for advice.
First off you should love yourself, everyone has flaws they are not comfortable with but the very thing you regard as a flaw someone else may regard as your crowning glory. there are men who like slim women and there are men who like more voluptuous women. Please don't change yourself solely on the basis of what a man wants. If he met you voluptuous and u did not gain or lose wait in all that time then what would be the problem after all he knew what he saw when he met you!
However, if you are overweight and you have personal problems with it then it is fine to want to try and lose weight. Then that is great. Afterall, there are main health benefits to be gained from losing weight depending on how overweight you are you may be adding comfort and an extra 10 years on your life!
If you are sure you need to lose weight for health reasons and your own emotional reasons then I will advise you. The reason I think it is important to be sure why you want to lose weight is because 1) it makes it easier and 2) you will be pleased with the end result afterall if you lose weight and end up with no breasts and booty your may be shocked some men seem to think you can choose where the weight drops off where in reality the areas they like the most (breast and botty) have higher fat contents and general metabolise the fat faster so your breast will go before your stomach. Your attractiveness may be questionned but if you are doing this for you, you will feel more attractive!
1) Always have breakfast - the less people eat the more they tend to gain weight I am sure you have heard so many overweight people say 'I don't no why I am big I only eat 2 meals a day I don't even have breakfast' and you have heard them say about skinny people 'don't know why she is skinny she is always eating'. This leads me onto my second piece of advice,
2) Eat small meals regularly. The reason these two points help in most (although not all) cases, is of course medical. When you don't eat for prolonged periods of time (i.e. from 7pm the night before to 12pm the afternoon later - a whole 17 hours - almost a whole day of fasting) and you do this regularly, the body believes it is undergoing starvation - now some people thought this would make the body break down the fat that was already their - not true - instead when you do eat it makes sure it prepares itself for another starvation period by absorbing more fat and carbs from a given meal than it would had it not been in 'panic mode'. It would only break down fat after real prolonged starvation i.e. week or month and even then again it would make up for lost time. To cap this off people who miss breakfast or have few meals often give themselves larger portions than those who eat regular portions.
Example diet plan
1) Breakfast 6-10pm - Cereal or something that is low fat (no toast, eggs, sausage etc nothing heavy) preferably with soya milk or semi-skimmed milk. Not sure if u are in Naija or not. Pap may be good (that maize thing).
2) Mid afternoon snack/brunch at say 12/1pm - again something light - fruits, salads etc with a medium sized health food i.e. fish, chicken that is not fried or coated in oil or batter etc
3) Lunch at say 3/4pm - Something slightly heavier than brunch i.e. a rice, plantain, pasta, akara, beans or yam meal (grilled yam only not fried yam). All the food should be on one plate with the rice, pasta, or yam taking up half leaving not much room for the rest (I don't condone atkins as a long term healthy diet). If you want pounded yam or fufu the whole fufu should be the size of 1.5 or two fists. If you are having soup with it then the amount you should have should depend on the oil in it - try and have as little oil as possible. If it has oil you can see only have enough to finish the fufu and not an ounce more. If it is a vegetable filled practically oil free soup/stew then you can have more - even consider having the soup by itself (okoro stew with lots of vegetable is nice).
4) Dinner 6/7pm - something extremely light if you are in Nigeria (but if u live in England then this can be your heaviest meal instead of the previous one). For instance bread and cocoa/tea.
I guarantee you will not even eat so much bceause you are eating regularly IF YOU don't eat until you are full i.e. stuffed can't take another bite etc.
Instead eat until you are not hungry this can be hard to separate from being full and is easier to separate the more you are able to do it. Perhaps use lack of stomach grumbling/crunching to help. Another neat trick is to have a glass of water whilst you eat. Sometimes we feel hungry when our bodies are really just thirsty. Also it helps you feel fuller quicker and you are less likely to overeat.
There are many reasons someone can be overweight: medical issues, overeating, not eating the right thing. Exercise will play an important role in reshaping your body as well so I suggest you go join a gym also or else practise running. Not really sure why you are overweight which is why I suggest you visit a doctor. but hopefully these tips will help. REMEMBER smaller, healthier, regularly dispersed meals. I hope this helps but remember I don't know your particulars it might help others to advise you if u gave examples of what you do or don't do to lose weight. Remember a dietician/doctor is likely to offer the best advice though.
|Re: Help Me Out by Eurphoria(f): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2006|
oh men sorry luvvie. Happy b'day in advance. you know you got to the age when things slow down now its going to hard to shift all them extras you got. so got got to start looking into healthy eating, and exercise, jog and watch the weight drop off, honesty jogging is the fasted way to loose weight. I mean you describe yourself as big and butiful, thats cool, but you obviously want to be fitter too. If not for anyone but for yourself. Goodluck
nice tips up there ell77, good stuff.
|Re: Help Me Out by Kemory(f): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2006|
Ell77 ,what else can i say.thanks so much. You a good consultant idont think i need any dietician any more uve gave me~more than i expected.thanx once again . Im based in lagos nigeria.
|Re: Help Me Out by ell77(f): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2006|
@Kemory - Happy to be of help. I hope it works out for you. Think this method is easier to follow than fad diets, it may or may not be quick but it will sustain the weight loss anyway. Like Euphoria said though it is the exercising that will help the weight drop faster.
|Re: Help Me Out by slimming: 5:10pm On May 05, 2012|
Kemory: Im having problem with my weight,its has been disturbing me in setling down as men nwadays prefer slim lady .anyway im big and beautiful ill be marking my 34 birthday come jan 5 07
solution in here
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84