Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend (12598 Views)

I Fnckt Yesterday But My C0ck Is Bruised / Ego Got Bruised. / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by chika4real: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2006
Beaten, Battered, Bruised And Still Hanging On The Guy

Sometimes I wonder what kind of Love that would make women still hang on a woman beater.

A lady was meant to be married to this guy, can u believe that even till the morning of the wedding day the lady was still beaten and she had being on this for over 3 months. Please can u help me talk to so many other ladies who are in theses shoes, for how long will u wait before you talk sense into your own head. Why die because of a relationship or because of a marriage. I doubt if guys change that easily except with the help of GOD.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by harvey(m): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2006
all i've got to say here is that she knows wats best for her.there must be a reason for her still hanging around this guy.its best known to her.anyway some ladies like being beaten.if its been long their spouse layed hands on them,they'll say(he does not love me again)may be she enjoys it.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2006
Low self esteem and long period of systematic spousal abuse can lead to the abused becoming comfortable in becoming a victim , loose the zeal to fight and becomes some what dependent on the abuser.  Sad sad sad. It take alot of work to get a woman or man out of an abusive grip. sometimes the abuse has gone on too long and the victim becomes dependent on abuser. They feed off each other, he/she exerts force and power its too twisted.

Best thing is, first signs of an abusive partner, is to do a u-turn , they are very good with apologies and making you the abused feel sorry for them and the abused feel quilt sometimes , arrrgghh madness.

It is not Love
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2006
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? In this century? Except that man was born by a man! Nonsense! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mukina2: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2006
yeah when i have three heads angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by chika4real: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2006
Dont you think if she learns to fight back,she just migth be free one day and that is if there is the ''no option exit''
But really from whar Harvey said,does it mean that there are women who enjot battering.Its so ridiculous.But do u knw that anything can actually beome a habit,even battering and been battered
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mukina2: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2006
yeah some ladies enjoy the battering

i knew some neighbours who always fought every weekend . .
in the morning the woman would pack and go . .later in the day she would come and say thats the last time if you ever hit me again .i will go and never come back . but she coming back
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2006
People get used to being beaten? That is so so bleeping sickening! Don't say that again angry angry angry angry angry angry

Those women can never come near me to say that kind of nonsense. It's either you leave the bastard or never come near me! Bullshit!

Only God knows the kind of women that are beaten neway. . . shocked
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mukina2: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2006
radiant there are women like that . .

some women actually believes that their men love them . .he gives a black eye angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2006
God forbid!!!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mukina2: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2006
its happens . .that why guys get things to say angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ghengis(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2006
it really is a mystery. the things we do for 'love'!!!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by diyobdw(f): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2006
wonders shall never end. That is not love ! If person dey cry he goes still see road. It just nonsense.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2006
Maybe these women were beaten so much by their fathers that they think it's ok for their husbands to do the same. Afterall, a woman is "biblically" expected to "submit" to her husband as if he's her father. Nonsense. angry

One thing about life is that if you put yourself on the floor, people will definitely step on you. Father, mother, brother, sister, friend, enemy, boss, employee, colleagues: If you leave yourself vulnerable, they'll take advantage of it.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by dolliepie(f): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2006
insecurity,dats one word dat comes to mind,whenever i read or listen to stories like diz,or what other reason wld make a man beat a lady.bull crap.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by soliq55(m): 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2006
I think there are a lot of reason that a woman still hang on with a woman beater,

Religious factor: most women believe( according to their respective religion) they have to be submissive to their husband even if their husband is beating them,

Social factor: most women believe , if they path ways with their husband they will never find another husband,
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2006
Soliq, please don't get me started. Just don't get me started. What nonsense!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jammin(m): 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2006
Never usually participate in issues such as this, however i feel compelled to comment.

Love can be real in instances in those kind of relationships.
perhaps the abuser need to see the depth of his wife/girlfrien, husband/boyfriend, and will take their partner to the lowest low to determine the level of love the partner have for them. Then doing a complete change, a total reversal, knowing she/he is true or committed.

This is my view. Not saying i condone such actions, but probably its a psyche game being played.

something is telling me not to put this here. smiley But i am MAN i will defend my remarks. smiley
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2006
Either way, such a person is truly demented to play such a "game" on his lover's mind.

lol desperation, sha.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jammin(m): 7:11pm On Dec 18, 2006
as i said, never like to comment, for the sake of argument define "desperation".
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mide2(f): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2006
hmmmm, its easy to say, oh no man would do that to me, i will quit. Not until you are in there, its just unexplainable why women stay in such shit.  He will change, they probably keep thinking, or afterwards he is on his knees and chest crawling and begging.  Promising never to do it again.
or you think about the consequencies of leaving and feel it isnt worth it, let me keep going, he'll change.
And love does exist in some of those crazy r/ships.
I just donot know why it happens.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2006
This is a BIG JOKE!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jammin(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2006
The above comment is the best so far on the thread!!!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2006
I didnt say your comment was "desperate", I said for a guy to play some sorta twisted game and the girl to accept it is an example of such pathetic desperation
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by babyboy2(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2006
No matter how much people might try,woman beating can never be excused.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jammin(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2006
@ TOH Yes, i understood that. You stil have not indicated "desperation " for what. perhaps that could provide more insight if we could figure out the desperation component.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2006
him: desperate to have such a hold on a person with the use of sick menipulation
her: desperate for love by staying with such a brute.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Coco29(f): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2006
i have been in that situation and i must say  the emotions that goes with domestic violence is complicated, i stayed with my husband because i loved him, and i believed he could change.

some times situation alone will make a woman stay with a violent man.

do not ever think that the woman is stupid, love should be unconditional when the man you love turns into some one else, what is a girl to do abandon him with out trying to help?
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2006
This is completely insane! You guys must be kidding me.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2006
I would abandon the person, if that makes me a "horrible woman". Good. I come first in my life.

People like that don't change, else you'd STILL be with him, Coco.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Oracle(m): 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2006
Well, i guess she wants to stick with him
I guess thatz what Love is all about
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by mide2(f): 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2006
i feel you, coco, i used to say, i would leave any man that raises his hand up at me. Until it happened to my cousin, and honestly, i will say they were in love, at least they were so fond of each other. But he suddenly turned into a batterer, its just shocking and unexplainable. You hope and pray he changes not just walk away like he was just a friend or a casual date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abuja Girls / ...g / "I Owe No Man A Tight P*ssy, If You Can't Swim Get Drown" - Lady Declares.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.