Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki (14553 Views)

PDP Asks Mark To Reconcile Fayose, Adeyeye, Others / Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by agwom(m): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Key stalwarts of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday temporarily relocated to Benin, Edo State, ahead of Saturday’s gubernatorial election in the state.
Thousands of supporters of the APC yesterday thronged the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin for the gubernatorial grand finale rally of the party, which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Buhari’s presidential aircraft landed at the Benin Airport at about 10.20 a.m. and was received by Governor Adams Oshiomhole and other stalwarts from Edo and neighboring states.
He was accompanied by the APC National Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, Governor Akinwumi Ambode of Lagos State and the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, among others.
Buhari said he endorsed the candidature of Godwin Obaseki, whom he described as a technocrat that would continue from where Governor Oshiomhole would stop.

But the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State has dragged Obaseki to court seeking his disqualification from the contest.
Leaders of the party, led by the Chairman of the party’s Caretaker Committee, Ahmed Makarfi, arrived Benin yesterday ahead of the election.

Also in the state are governors Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State; chairman of the PDPs Board of Trustees (BoT), Senator Walid Jibrin and the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Rear Admiral John Jonah (retd) and many others.
Wike, who spoke at a meeting of PDP leaders, said the party’s candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, will win the election if conducted based on the rule of law.
He, however, cautioned that “the battle will not be an easy one.”

Similarly, the PDP had alleged that APCs Obaseki had provided false information on oath to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and therefore not qualified to be in the contest.

The state chairman of the PDP, Dan Orbih, who stated this at a press briefing in Benin, yesterday decried that voters would be at risk if they “waste their votes for the APC because the party has no candidate for the election.”

According to him, “We have asked the Federal High Court in Benin for a declaration that Mr. Obaseki’s statement that he graduated from the University of Ibadan with a B.A in Classical Studies in 1976 was false.

“In addition, the party is asking for a declaration disqualifying Obaseki from contesting the Edo state governorship election scheduled for September 10, 2016 on grounds that he submitted false information on oath to the INEC on Form CF001 (and) therefore lied under other,” he said.

“In all, Obaseki has failed to fulfil the requirements of the Constitution which in Section 182 (I) h) specifies the qualifications a person must have to contest the governorship of a state,” he said.
Joined in the suit No. FHC/B/CO/120/16 dated September 1 and filed by Joseph Aghimien, on behalf of the PDP and its legal adviser, Edoba Omoregie, were Obaseki and INEC.

However, the state Publicity Secretary of the APC, Godwin Erhahon, said the action by the PDP was move “by a desperate and helpless party seeking to truncate the expected victory of the APC candidate.”
According to him, “They have a right to go to court, but they are not the ones to give the verdict.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/apc-relocates-to-edo-as-pdp-asks-court-to-disqualify-obaseki/161684.html#1ygXTRbWgDeIk7ER.99

3 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by HectorBanxx(m): 6:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Making observations
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by greatgod2012(f): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Politics! Very dirty!

Hardly can one find a truthful and honest politician!

And they are always pulling one another down.

4 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Osehnetworld(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2016
PDP, ds s nt d tym for all ds counter accusations, just set ur hux in order, mobilize all PDP former n present serving governors and all d bigwigs of d party

do a massive last grand finale campaign and source for funds

I c u guyz winning the polls, tho its nt easy
pastor ize iyamu, c u at d top

Its Osenny again

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by klassykute(m): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2016
dis pple dey use us play ... m nt voting again

1 Like

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by GoggleB(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2016
PDP strategize and plan on how to win and stop stupid accusations that wud not lead to anywhere..

4 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Obamina(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2016
Oh no laws do not work for the oppositions. We know the lies from the onset. somebody who's sponsored by Oshiomole with billions of cash can't do well, they need to realize the cash spent with profit. My vote will count for PDP against 2019

9 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Temitope223(m): 7:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Be your own boss in few month check my signature
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by ddippset(m): 7:42am On Sep 07, 2016
The only headline we shall read on Monday morning is 'PDP and Ize-yamu call for outright cancellation of Edo governorship polls, head to tribunal.'

12 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Dirty Game

1 Like

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by emmaelectelect(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Observation for Edo people and generality of Nigerians
At least after the cancellation of all promises Edo deserve their votes to count!

1 Like

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 07, 2016
PDP are just disturbing themselves, they should focus on their campaign in this dying minutes. It will take more than a miracle for APC to win Edo. Not even rigging.

Edo election, winner - PDP
Ondo election, winner - APC

Another major party should come up so that we can have alternative to these two cool

5 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by EmmaLege: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2016
Hmm angry
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Am voting for PDP and Pastor Ize Iyamu all d way,Ize Iyamu can't be controlled as Gov but I can't say that for Obaseki.We don't want Oshomole third term in Edo

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Emperor100(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
PDP is really confuse. SMH

3 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Mistermamus(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Na dem sabi.
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by nairaman66(m): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2016
PDP chasing shadows! Yes they want to win the next presidential elections!!

2 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Goldencollins: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2016
So dullard buhari came to campaign in edo yesterday despite the economic hardship. This daura devil is heartless.

20 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Johnrake69: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Democracy is truly over rated. It's the biggest scam ever sold to mankind. I weep for the lives that will be lost come Saturday. The gladiators are not chosen or determined by the people . Neither do we have a genuine say on how they carry out activities.

Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Knowledge
Peace is war

That's the illusion of democracy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by ercel: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Even if na NEPA Bill e get,Edo go still vote am! We have heard such before!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by shaddoww: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Saturday no far again.
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by suasmablow(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2016
This is sheer rubbish. Is this how the PDP intends to win? I thought they will be brave enough to face Edo people and see the result of the contest.
Anyway, i am confident the case will be thrown out for lack of merit. No judge will grant such evil orders few days to an an election especially as it will go against public peace and interest.
Most importantly, security agencies must be on the watch as PDP's only hope is hinged on rigging and violence, if you think i am lieing, ask Gov. Wike. And i hear He is in Edo state already. Anyway, i can bet my wife that PDP can never win this election. Oshio baba is too strong for them. WIKE cant try wat he did with Amaechi there. If you think i am also lieing, then check the 2015 presidential election result for Edo.
Above all, i wish Edo well

8 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by suasmablow(m): 7:52am On Sep 07, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Am voting for PDP and Pastor Ize Iyamu all d way,Ize Iyamu can't be controlled as Gov but I can't say that for Obaseki.We don't want Oshomole third term in Edo
Except u want to kill Igbenedion.

6 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by kings09(m): 7:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Edo hv their destinies in their hands. they hv no1 to blame but themselves.
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
APC and certificate wahala are like. ........( someone help me upload the accompanying photo) .

2 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Oluwabusobomi(f): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2016
They shall meet their Waterloo!

Ize Iyamu we know!!

6 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by argon500: 7:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Okay.. make dem carry mat go
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by TheSPEAKER(m): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2016
undecidedThis was how PDP was busy looking for Buhari's certificate while Buhari was campaigning for his election. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by creepsyme(f): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2016
greatgod2012:
Politics! Very dirty!
Hardly can one find a truthful and honest politician!
And they are always pulling one another down.
dat is the game.
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Flets: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Ok
Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by NineLife(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2016
How i wish buhari can handle the economy with this urgency in which he is handling this election.
PDP all the way joor.

2 Likes

Re: APC ‘relocates’ To Edo As PDP Asks Court To Disqualify Obaseki by Omeokachie: 8:15am On Sep 07, 2016
Hope Justice A.P.C. Abang was on the entourage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Ellen Johnson Sirlea At Rochas Foundation (Video) / Lauretta Onochie Declared Membership Of APC In 2016 Not 2021 / Uzodimma To Name Sponsors Of Insecurity In Imo Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.