Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example (49856 Views)

TB Joshua's Prophetic Message For 2017 (Video) / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by MrAJQ(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2016
Professor of Islamic Eschatology, Director of Muslim Rights Concern, Ishaq Akintola, has unleashed a scathing attack on the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), branding them 'hypocrites'.

In an interview with Punch, Akintola called CAN's criticism of US Secretary of State John Kerry's meeting with Northern Governors and the Sultan of Sokoto 'infantile' and 'laughable'.

He added that the influx of Western leaders visiting The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations in Lagos has never been criticized by Muslim leaders, who actually embrace the development such visits bring for the country and its image internationally.

“Why would the Muslim community raise any eyebrow if (John) Kerry or any other Western figure attends a Christian conference or night vigil,” he questioned.

“What have the Muslims ever said about Westerners and their leaders attending TB Joshua’s Synagogue? We see it as a good development, a foreign exchange earner and a return match.”

Akintola referred to statistics released by the Nigerian Immigration Service which revealed that six out of every ten foreigners visiting Nigeria are bound for TB Joshua´s popular Lagos based church, perhaps the most prominent Nigerian ministry that is not a member of CAN.

Adding that Kerry “did not come with a religious agenda but a humanitarian one”, he questioned the motives of CAN President Dr. Supo Ayokunle´s allegations as Kerry´s primary discussions were based on aid for Boko Haram victims.

“The CAN has a way of biting off one’s nose and complaining aloud later about one’s inability to smell. The CAN will cut off one’s two hands and still goes ahead to complain when one fails to shake hands with them... The CAN should be advised to stop behaving like the second wife in a polygamous home.”

The fiery Muslim Professor even quoted the Holy Bible in sharing his disdain for Nigeria´s foremost Christian body.

“CAN is not upholding the tenets of Christianity. CAN is deceiving Nigerians. But most Nigerians know the truth and the truth has set them free. My sympathy goes to those who accept CAN’s abracadabra. The Bible says, 'You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free'."

http://www.olufamous.com/2016/09/muslim-professor-cautions-can-uses-tb.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by madridguy(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by psucc(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2016
The Yoruba Muslims are more a tool in devising and exploring avenues for the northern ones to use and advance their deadly mission.

In a country deeply divided as Nigeria, Kerry was wrong visiting only a part of the divide.

Who knows if his visit is not unconnected with the recent invasion of the ND.

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by alegbeleye(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2016
Still figuring out where religion will lead us to in this country; Buhari is out there working all day and night but instead of we praying for him we are here talking about religious differences........ That's how the girl of my dreams told me her parents (Muslim) warned her not to come home with a Christian....... Can't we all just live in peace? I believe we'all serving God bt in different ways. Must i be a Muslim or Christian before you'll believe in serving God?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by trapQ: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2016
MrAJQ:

Akintola referred to statistics released by the
Nigerian Immigration Service which revealed that six out of every ten foreigners visiting Nigeria are
bound for TB Joshua´s popular Lagos based church,

perhaps the most prominent Nigerian ministry that
is not a member of CAN.

I remember telling an atheist the bolded, they didn't believe. I hope they get it now. TB Joshua's church (Christianity) is the biggest tourism we have in Nigeria. What is the contribution of atheism or Islam to Nigeria?

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by okosodo: 8:26am On Sep 07, 2016
They are coming againing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by umar745(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2016
MrAJQ:

"The CAN should be advised to stop behaving like the second wife in a polygamous home.”

27 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by herzern(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2016
alegbeleye:
I believe we'all serving God bt in different ways

JUST SHUT UP!!!!.....

I don't have to face Kabbah before my God hears me....

I talk/pray in toilet...

I'm a son of God not a slave...

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by herzern(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2016
cool
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by olafum1(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2016
sad
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by naijamakossa(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2016
warris this?
don't even read.
I'm a matter,just wonna occupy space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Jay542(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2016
All religious scholars should stick to their doctrine and not interfere in other people's belief. It's brings problem.

15 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by loadedvibes: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
This Muslims professors this days they just be making FP anyhow with different nonsense .. no wahala sha Buhari is president till 2019

12 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Firefire(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Akintola, continue... god is watching you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by IhateYorubafool: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
He should caution his brothers to stop bombing Nigeria

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by seunny4lif(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Nigeria i hail una grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by kaziblake(f): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
The problem with Christianity is jealousy and money making spirit.
Just take a look pastor fatoyibo flaunting gucci bag online.
Tufiakwa

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by xreal: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
I dey come fest
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Kelvinfejiro20: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Wow second wife tho, Islamic mystisism ,who knew that was a thing

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by seunny4lif(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Johnnoah1st: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
islam and stupidity are like bread and butter so compatable

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Lero15(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Lol

Oga tell your boko haram boys and your Nomads bros to stop bombing and killing.

Foreigners go to Synagogue for personal reasons, not to see Southern governors.

Until people like this man come out to criticize Islamic extremism, I don't give a darn about their irrelevant and baseless comments.

Seems CAN sef is not United. All the recent killings on Christians, I don't see them protesting.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Joehong(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
The visiting to Synagogue, Church Of All Nations in Lagos is personal while the one CAN is talking about is official, so take note before making your comment. Prof. go back to school

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
islamabad

12 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by clevadani: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
lol
Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by damola311: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
E be like say him brain dey touch.... those that went to SCOAN, are they on official assignment like Kerry?

What a foolish professor

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by AntiWailer: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
psucc:
The Yoruba Muslims are more a tool in devising and exploring avenues for the northern ones to use and advance their deadly mission.

In a country deeply divided as Nigeria, Kerry was wrong visiting only a part of the divide.

Who knows if his visit is not unconnected with the recent invasion of the ND.
hahaha

Mark should have visited the 36 states too to avoid marginalization. grin grin

He went to South West and North only.

Bill Gate came several times and visited North only. Those guys are living in abject PENURY.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Kaycee7(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Mallam Ishaq, there is a difference between a religious pilgrimage and a political visit. Had John Kerry visited a renowned mosque for prayers, there would be no suspicions. But instead, he met with only northern political leaders, not even an imam. So, understand our suspicions. A visit to SCOAN and a visit to the Sultan are not the same thing.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by lonelydora: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
To the mod who banned me for 2weeks for quoting someone....... I no send you. I didn't even visit Nairaland for the period of the ban, and I didn't die either. You even made me concentrate on other important things. No.nsense

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example by Exponental(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
CAN should calm down and stop exaggerating like they are in a religious competition.
This Tele dawa man that quotes the Bible with an intention to twist the meaning.... I have known him since he started that program on MiTv that didn't last long on that Muslim TV station. He was fond of saying rubbish!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Repeat It, Christians Defend Yourself" - Apostle Suleman / China Bans Christians From All Church Activities / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.