Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME (457 Views)

Awgu Hall Of Fame Induction / Yusuf! Yusuf! Yusuf! Do You Know Yusuph Of Project Fame Season 9 / Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by NyemzyHimself: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2016
I'm only writing this piece because I've seen that most Nigerians now believe that ‘if one can't make it by hook, one can make it by crook' but definitely one must make it.
I've heard statements like “legally or illegally, money must be made”.

An average Nigerian doesn't like hearing stuffs like “big things take time" probably because he thinks he's got a fresh and hot blood flowing through his veins. 

Unfortunately, you can't evade the fact.
People that made it in life never made it in one day.
They probably didn't make it in 5yrs too.

At this juncture, I think I'll start with illustrations so we can assimilate this piece and change our mindset.

Last week, Mark Zuckerberg was in Nigeria to see developers and entrepreneurs.
His visit got everyone ‘high'.
Some would have loved him to stay much longer so they can interact well with him and know more of his success secrets but the truth is that you can't have enough of that young man even if he had stayed for a whole month.

Mark's success didn't just happen in one day.
His passion for coding actually got him where he is today.
At a very little age, Mark built an App that his family used in interacting with each other just within their abode

In 2004, he founded Facebook with some of his friends.
Facebook didn't just get popular overnight.
It took TIME.
If I calculated well, 2004 till now is 12yrs!
(Oh! can you picture a child of 12yrs?)
He started it because of his passion for coding and not because he is desperately in need of fame and money and now he's here.

Another example is Linda Ikeji.
Linda started her journey into the blogging world after reading something written about her on Bella Naija in 2006.
She started it because of the passion she's got for it and not because of the money that'd come from it.
From my research, she started making cool money through her blog in 2011.
That's 5yrs after establishing that blog.
Now she's one of the top Nigerian/African bloggers.

Let's take a look at the music industry,we'll take just one example and we're done.

Peter and Paul Okoye (P-Square) are two Nigerian musicians that's travelled across the globe,expanding their empire.
Do you think it all happened in just one day?
Do you remember those days of “Do me, do me?"
Do you remember those days they used to sell Plantain on the streets of Jos?

The truth is that the only difference between here and there is “T"
That “T" stands for TIME.
Don't rush life, with time you'll see yourself being celebrated like others.

One's destiny can only be delayed but can NEVER be denied.

Que Sera Sera

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by captainbangz: 9:11am On Sep 07, 2016
nice write up. but that doing it for passion na*snaps finger* before before.
Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2016
Cool writeup smiley smiley
Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by Aminu212: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2016
thanks op. you really made my day
Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by NyemzyHimself: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Aminu212:
thanks op. you really made my day

Thanks, brother.
I'm glad I did.
Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by sathel(m): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2016
Nice write up.....People just wanna fly... They don't wanna crawl-walk-run-fly.....Time my value in use And value in exchange

1 Like

Re: Do It For Passion; Not For Fame: Big Things Take TIME by Julietcutie(f): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
nice one op... I hope someone learns from this.... lalasticlala come and see

(1) (Reply)

Clarification: Unizik Post Utme Registration / What To Expect As A Medical Student / How To Check FUBK 2016/2017 Admission List (1st Batch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.