Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper (31325 Views)

African Voice Newspaper Honours Jibrin With Anti-Corruption Award 2016 (pics) / Burial Rites Of Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Have Commenced (Pics) / Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo's Death: Sympathisers Storm Tompolo's Family House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by todaynewsreview: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
BREAKING: THOMAS EKPEMUPOLO, TOMPOLO’S FATHER DIES DUE TO MILITARY HARASSMENT

High Chief Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo, the Tunteriwei of Gbaramatu kingdom and father of embattled Niger Delta ex militant leader, Tompolo is reported dead today.

A confidential source discloses to Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper that Tompolo’s father died at the early hours of today at Lily Clinic, Deco road, Warri in Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.

Our correspondent noted that Chief Thomas Ekpemupolo at 84 years was brutalised by the soldiers during the May 28th 2016 Military siege of Gbaramatu Kingdom.

High Chief Thomas Ekpemupolo

However, the ex militant leader, Tompolo in a strong worded open letter to President Mohammadu Buhari dated 22nd of July 2016 raised the alarm that the military invasion of the Kingdom have led to the brutalisation of his aged father by the army which later metamorphosed to the amputation of the lower limb of his father.
In the said letter, Tompolo like a prophet expresses fear for the survival of his father due to the alleged severe military torture meted out on his aged father.

Part of the letter written by High Chief Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo dated 22nd July 2016 read in part:

“That same day, the military went to Kurutie Town in search of my 84 years old father and brutalized him. We managed to rescue him to Warri and hospitalised him. Sadly, one of his lower limbs was amputated two weeks ago. From the doctors report, it will be a thing of miracle if he survives this incident. Is this 84 years old man also a member of the Niger Delta Avengers, that he was brutalised to the point of death? Will your excellency accept this in good faith if this was done to your father or someone of this age in your family? I have not heard of anyone that was treated like this even in the volatile North Eastern part of the country. I have said it in many occasions that the issue I am having with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will not lead to violence or resort to destruction of pipelines and other oil facilities, because I have a good case. ”

As at the time of filling this report, no official statement have been issued by any member of the Ekpemupolo’s family.

Source: http://www.gbaramatuvoicenews.com/breaking-thomas-ekpemupolo-tompolos-father-dies-due-to-military-harassment/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704008013191070&substory_index=0&id=1638629153062290&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1704008013191070%3Atl_objid.1704008013191070%3Athid.1638629153062290%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1475305199%3A-6190588001784096172&__tn__=%2As

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Fairgodwin(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rest in peace to the aged man.

10 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tompolo I sympathise with your family and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom over the painful loss of your beloved father.

However, if you had surrendered earlier, your father wouldn't have been arrested, brutalized or amputated. Perhaps you would be under trial with some privileges as a citizen. Perhaps you would have been a free man on bail as allegations against you bothers on corruption(not treason) which is a bailable offence.

You would have learnt from Major Isaac Adaka Boro, who had to surrender to the Military Police(During the 12 Days Revolution in February 1966) after the arrest of his father and those of his comrades. He was imprisoned, convicted to death but as God would have it, he was later conscripted into the army along with his boys and given the rank of a Major, and celebrated by the same country that put him on death row. It is not too late

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army is not professional nor do they understand the rules of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

However, if the news of torture is true, then Tompolo's Family should lay formal complain before the NHRC, The Army and the Presidency.

RIP to the late High Chief

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ruggedboy01: 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
double wahala shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by MDsambo: 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2016

21 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Firefire(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
If true, this is bad. embarassed embarassed

How many Borno elders were killed to disclose the location of their Boko Haram children and the kidnap Chibok girls?

How many, just tell me how many elders in the NE were killed in order to curb the activities of the terrorist group in their domain.

Rather, NE elders gave the FG ultimatum.

I want to believe, this story is false. If not, this is not fair. embarassed embarassed

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Both Tomopolo and the soldiers who beat his father are cowards. He is hiding because he can't face the Nigerian Army, while those soldiers could only vent their frustration on the old man. Two wrongs have never made a right. Tompolo should come out of hiding and clear his name, while the Nigerian Army should fish out the perpetrators of this heinous act and court-marshal them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by MrCounselor: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Uncool though,
Even if he's old enough his death will still be robed with FG's activities.
I don't gbadun the parole of the FG now, still on still we can not hold our nation to ransom with trivialities.

I respect the old man, but dragging his death into mud isn't desirable.
In order words, may we not give birth to a problem child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by PassingShot(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
I hope this report of torture is not true. And if true, I say may God grant those he left behind the fortitude to bear the loss.

Tompolo the fugitive should understand that he cannot remain a fugitive forever. He has made his case worse by hiding away.

Those who were Ogbonge fugitives the world had ever known eventually got caught and brought to justice. Tompolo's case won't be different.

18 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by cktheluckyman: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
If the man died due to military brutality then wahala deoooo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by jlinkd78(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
f
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ojun50(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Well the party hv jst started, rip pa tompolo

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by omozele1(f): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
it is well
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by IJOBA2: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
AFONJAS WILL SOON BE HERE TO CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF TOMPOLO'S FATHER.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokt: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
He died of old age and nothing more. If tompolo has the liver, let him come out and Bury I'm papa. Ordinary Coward like Ojukwu.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by IJOBA2: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:
He died of old age and nothing more. If tompolo has the liver, let him come out and Bury I'm papa. Coward like Ojukwu.
AFONJA DEM DON DEY ARRIVE grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ruggedboy01: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:
He died of old age and nothing more. If tompolo has the liver, let him come out and Bury I'm papa. Ordinary Coward like Ojukwu.

hope u will say same thing if na ur papa AFONJA undecided undecided

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokt: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
ruggedboy01:

hope u will say same thing if na ur papa AFONJA undecided undecided

My papa never trained me to be a criminal and a dupe. Are u aware that his son dupe his community with over 12 billion naira? Very useless son.

52 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rest in Peace.......PapaTompolo...
Your Soul is free.....at last ......
from the mafiaso regime of horror, pain, hunger, repressive and vindictive Fulani Maximum Ruler....

This is not Democracy... An 84yrs old deserve to die with dignity...
Not in agony of amputation.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by MrCounselor: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
i hope soldiers torture your innocent father perhaps maybe kill him so you know how it feels one day. BLOODY CLOWN angry angry

What if his father didn't give birth to an outlaw, a fugitive?
Omo osan lo n ko kondo ba iya/baba e. Someone pls help me translate

13 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokt: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Rest in Peace.......PapaTompolo...
Your Soul is free.....at last ......
from the mafiaso regime of horror, pain, hunger, repressive and vindictive Fulani Maximum Ruler....

This is not Democracy... An 84yrs old deserve to die with dignity...
Not in agony of amputation.....

Did u see his amputated body part? What part of the body was amputated? Stop being deceived by shameless lies.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Sunnymatey(m): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari should expect the same treatment at 84.

9 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Over time,i've noticed you're intelligent but then, you lack wisdom. Why should he surrender? He should surrender like buhari's enemy in the person of dasuki? How many fulani murderers have surrendered? A classic case of the north intimidating the south with support from educated southerners. The fulanis are not educated than you are, yet they rule over you,doesn't that go to show we southerners are indeed foools. Do you think if tompolo was a fulani man, and he acquired wealth via govt contracts and he supported buhari's elections,he'd be disturbed by the military?
A classic example of divide and rule,even the sophisticated ones as they claim,fall for it hook,line and sinker.
TonyeBarcanista:
Tompolo I sympathise with your family and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom over the painful loss of your beloved father.

However, if you had surrendered earlier, your father wouldn't have been arrested, brutalized or amputated. Perhaps you would be under trial with some privileges as a citizen. Perhaps you would have been a free man on bail as allegations against you bothers on corruption(not treason) which is a bailable offence.

You would have learnt from Major Isaac Adaka Boro, who had to surrender to the Military Police(During the 12 Days Revolution in February 1966) after the arrest of his father and those of his comrades. He was imprisoned, convicted to death but as God would have it, he was later conscripted into the army along with his boys and given the rank of a Major, and celebrated by the same country that put him on death row. It is not too late

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army are not professional nor do they understand the rules of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

RIP to the late High Chief

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by limeta(f): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
Fight or die
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by chiozor: 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
^^u are talking trash angry....does tribe support stealing and corruption. let Buhari handle the southern thieves and when he is gone, let a southern handle the northern thieves. all thieves must have a date with justice.

12 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
illuminated93:
Over time,i've noticed you're intelligent but then, you lack wisdom. Why should he surrender? He should surrender like buhari's enemy in the person of dasuki? How many fulani murderers have surrendered? A classic case of the north intimidating the south with support from educated southerners. The fulanis are not educated than you are, yet they rule over you,doesn't that go to show we southerners are indeed foools. Do you think if tompolo was a fulani man, and he acquired wealth via govt contracts and he supported buhari's elections,he'd be disturbed by the military?
A classic example of divide and rule,even the sophisticated ones as they claim,fall for it hook,line and sinker.
Mister Man, I have no time to exchange words with any anti-Fulani comment.

His case is between him and the state and not Fulani irrespective of the tribe of the President. The exNimassa DG that presented himself for trial is also Ijaw and not a fool. At least non of his family members were exposed to the brutality and humiliation of the unprofessional Army.

BTW I never asked you(or anyone) to rate my level of intelligence.

Cheers bro

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by IVORY2009(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
wahala he dey cry, trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am, na wetin he find hamm, wahalaaaaaaa dey find!

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by engrflames: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
I just hope this news is as fake as APC promises if not.....hmmmm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Army Chief’s Advance Team / Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: What Obideints Should Know About Tinubu's Crowd At Rallies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.