Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt (3929 Views)

How To Remove Virus Infection By Command Prompt In Windows 10 / Hiding My PC Folder With Command Prompt (cmd). / Command Prompt ( Learn Command Prompt ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by klinro(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Recently, the company where i worked banned 3rd party WIFI softwares on the company's internet. Being a heavy mobile Internet user, i looked for ways to still connect the Company's Internet to my itel it1556 phone. Note that the WIFI in my company only directly connect to Laptop and PC.

A liitle research brought me the solution, which is Wireless Hosted Network. This concept of Wireless Hosted network was introduced in Windows 7. By using this feature we can easily create a virtual wireless adapter. To do this we only require a CMD (Command Prompt!) with Administrator privileges. And best of all you can connect to another WiFi when Hosted Network is running.

The process i would give below describes some of the commands that are available only in Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, 10 Ready PC.

1) Start button. Type "cmd" in the box then right click on it. The CMD will pop up then select run as Administrator.

2) Device Check. Type netsh wlan show drivers in cmd and press enter.

In the output Hosted network supported: Yes means that your computer supports hosted networks. Verify this.

3) Create. Type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Happy key=adminspot in CMD. This will create a Hotspot but it is currently offline.

4) Go to Start. Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork in command prompt to start the hotspot you just created.

5) Go to Start Button. Type view network connections. To share your Internet, right click on the Connection that you use to connect to internet and select properties. In properties go to Sharing tab and check the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot. (For this check the Network Connection Window and look for Connection which says Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter). And save it.

Now your internet connection is shared.

Now you’re set to connect on your devices, open to Wi-Fi and connect with the password you created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by kio052001(m): 6:19am On Sep 09, 2016
o k now
I'll give it a try
Re: How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by dodobytes: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2016
Re: How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
klinro:
Recently, the company where i worked banned 3rd party WIFI softwares on the company's internet. Being a heavy mobile Internet user, i looked for ways to still connect the Company's Internet to my itel it1556 phone. Note that the WIFI in my company only directly connect to Laptop and PC.

A liitle research brought me the solution, which is Wireless Hosted Network. This concept of Wireless Hosted network was introduced in Windows 7. By using this feature we can easily create a virtual wireless adapter. To do this we only require a CMD (Command Prompt!) with Administrator privileges. And best of all you can connect to another WiFi when Hosted Network is running.

The process i would give below describes some of the commands that are available only in Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, 10 Ready PC.

1) Start button. Type "cmd" in the box then right click on it. The CMD will pop up then select run as Administrator.

2) Device Check. Type netsh wlan show drivers in cmd and press enter.

In the output Hosted network supported: Yes means that your computer supports hosted networks. Verify this.

3) Create. Type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Happy key=adminspot in CMD. This will create a Hotspot but it is currently offline.

4) Go to Start. Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork in command prompt to start the hotspot you just created.

5) Go to Start Button. Type view network connections. To share your Internet, right click on the Connection that you use to connect to internet and select properties. In properties go to Sharing tab and check the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot. (For this check the Network Connection Window and look for Connection which says Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter). And save it.

Now your internet connection is shared.

Now you’re set to connect on your devices, open to Wi-Fi and connect with the password you created.

how can one get administrative control from the command prompt?
Re: How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by klinro(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
oluole:

how can one get administrative control from the command prompt?

Right click, you would see admin
Re: How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt by Tifee07: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Pls, I tried as u instructed..... Didn't get it

(1) (Reply)

Dell D510 And Hp Mini 1101 For Sale / Acer Predator 21 X-world Most Powerful Laptop Ever / Inec Battery For Laptop And Printer For Sale, Last 24hrs + Rechargeable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.