Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,711 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? (2211 Views)

How Can I Install Phpbb Forum Using My Web Host> / Mybb Gurus In The House Pls Help / Mybb Or Smf Which Is A Better Forum Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by KvnqPrezo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
AM REALLY CONFUSED I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE!!
PLEASE HELP FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE!

HERE IS WHAT A GOOD FROM CONSIST⬇
1.Private message
2.Follower Or Friends System
3.Sticky, Hot Topics
3.Quick Reply
4.Nice Profile
5.Featured Front Page.
6.Images Upload
7.Navigation Bar
8. JUST ADD YOURS.
Between mybb and phpbb which has those features...if the two ain't ok you can add your own open source SCRIPT
Give reasons why you prefer one over the other!!!!!
Comment asap
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by Boycool1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
PHPBB all the way and its fully responsive....its the best free forum software i've used so far!
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Boycool1:
PHPBB all the way and its fully responsive....its the best free forum software i've used so far!
What are the reasons you think it's better than mybb
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello @Op,
From my experience, no script will always be shipped with all the features that end-users will need. This is why we have plugins or modules or extensions. Whatever you want to call it...
They are used to add more features to scripts... This is why we have various types of Wordpress Plugins.
Coming back to your question, I will say that any forum script that has a good collection of plugins will do well. If my guess is right, Nairaland is running on SMF (Simple Machines Forum).
If I were to recommend only two forum scripts (in no order of preference), they would be:
1. FluxBB and
2. SMF
Both scripts have a good plugin system. Plus, they have a wide collection of different plugins for different purposes. SMF has an inbuilt messaging system including other features.
Pick anyone and work on it, you'll be glad with the results you'll get.
By the way, make I no see ur question again o! Just kidding...
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by Lovetinz(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
My forum runs on MyBB.
You might want to take a look.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lovetinz:
My forum runs on MyBB.
You might want to take a look.

Okay cool lemme check it out
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Lolz still learning....
Can mybb or flushbb gimme that kind of front-page??
Since you probably do not have coding skills, I will advice you to make use of PHPBB. It comes pre-loaded with everything you'll need: friends/followers, messaging, sticky posts, just about everything!
Download it, install it and start working. That's the best way to start...
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Laive:

Since you probably do not have coding skills, I will advice you to make use of PHPBB. It comes pre-loaded with everything you'll need: friends/followers, messaging, sticky posts, just about everything!
Download it, install it and start working. That's the best way to start...
Lolz I know how to code... Still learning tho!
Re: Mybb Or Phpbb Which Is Best For Creating Forum? by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 08, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Lolz I know how to code... Still learning tho!
Yeah, no one knows it all... We're all learning.

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Money With Betting Prediction Website Like This / What Do You Think Of The Nigeria Web Awards? / My Fresh Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.