Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! (471 Views)

Brazilian Baby Thought To Have Died Survives After Being Buried Alive For 8 Hour / Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / Natural Way Of Handling Sleepy Sickness Or Over Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! by DJurry(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
REDTrio || #theHealthDiary©

In one of the previous posts to my Health Lovers on WhatsApp, I shared with them, the RED Law which is quite a universal key that unlocks the door to enjoying health, strength & long life..

We also dug into the first aspect of the RED Trio which is REST. I'll begin my writing here, about it...

There are 2 aspects of it - Physical Rest & Mental Rest - but our focus will be on Physical REST (or Sleep).

Wetin Be Sleep?

SLEEP is a state of unconsciousness, that every living human being gets into, on a regular basis. It is a fact that every mammal, most reptiles, amphibians & fish require sleep to function properly.

Sleep is non-negotiable. However, you & I are the ONLY mammals that willingly delays sleep! Now, this is where there could be trouble, if we're ignorant about this age-old activity..

Fact #1: You'll die from sleep deprivation before food deprivation. It takes 2 weeks to starve for an able person but 10 days without sleep can kill you! (PsychologyDegree.Net)

So, Which One You Go Choose? Food Or Sleep?

Of course, you can't choose one! However, as much as both are vital & work closely, SLEEP is more important!

So, Why Is SLEEP This Important? What Really Happens When You Doze Off From Reality?

To Read My Follow-Up Article On This, VISIT: https://www.nairaland.com/3335430/what-happens-when-youre-out

*NOTE*

I Have An Important Story To Share With You About My Experiences With The Common Infection Known As STAPH. To Read About It, VISIT: https://www.nairaland.com/3329664/story-what-must-know-free
Re: Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
NEVER! Sleep all the way cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! by DJurry(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
NEVER! Sleep all the way cheesy

That's more like it, Quinn! You'll make a great Health Lover!!
Re: Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin kiss
DJurry:

That's more like it, Quinn! You'll make a great Health Lover!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose Food Over Sleep? Here's My Thought! by DJurry(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
Fact #2: Sleep deficiency is linked to many chronic health problems, including heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, obesity and depression! (www.nhlbi.nih.gov)

(1) (Reply)

A Week In A Sickle Cell Family [must Read] / THE 3 Week Diet / 5 Easy Ways To Get Back To Shape After giving birth--KANGPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.