Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. (49944 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Naija Girls Can Too Form… 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of “I Love You” / 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘ I Love You’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
kikikiki

very annoying set of gurls
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by LuvU2: 12:15am On Sep 08, 2016
Beamborla:
Op, I disagree a little. Why can't I tell a beautiful dark skinned lady that she is a black beauty? That's me not only complimenting her facial appearance, I'm praising her skin as well.

We are in a world where to some people, black is synonymous to ugly. A world where ladies alter their skin color just to be beautiful? Telling a lady she's a black beauty is actually a good thing to me. Why should anyone even have an issue with that? That can only happen if she is not comfortable with her skin color in the first place.

*I'm still trying to fathom this black beauty point* I mean why should 'you are a black beauty' unsettle an African lady?

So yeah, I saw someone and I like the way her skin looks, I can't compliment and ask her what cream she's using? Does it mean only fair chicks get such commplinent since it's now attached to bleaching and fair skin

I'm dark skinned and I hear that a lot. It's petty and unreasonable to find it difficult to tell someone the beauty product you are using except you are bleaching for real. If you can't own up to it and be proud of it, why do it?

I don't think if the occasion or situation does not calk for it, anyone would just make the comment 'I will make my hair very soon' from no where

'like really' could be my way of reacting to things I find stupid, annoying, shocking... It's an English word and it's not offensive on it's own.

Do you really not get how racist "black beauty" sounds? Or you are just denying it?

Why shd a black person like you call you a black beauty in the first place if she does feel any connection to blackness?

Its like an igbo person calling igbo a native language instead of his language.

Everyone around here is most likely black, why single you out as black still because you are a darker shade?

Cant you see the 'disconnect' ? They dont want to be 'black' like you but still want to appear 'black-loving' and tolerant when they see a dark beautiful girl.

Moreover, Whats wrong with you are very beautiful, full stop. Thats what they say to me and many girls who are not dark and we dont feel our skin-shade is under appreciated because it is part of what constitutes to our good looks, already. No need reminding us that we are fair or red like we are unaware or smthing.

You are a beautiful woman is a better compliment than you are beautiful type of woman. I dont know why you think differently

About other things, context matters. I agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Luckymay(f): 12:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Luvu2 why do you act this way?
..... It's called "individualism"
These whole thing just bounced back at you at the last point you made.
Everyone cannot be or act the same. The fact those thing annoys you doesn't mean it annoys others .
So for a lady to be proud of her nija man is now annoying right?
We can't be In denial of the fact that ladies crave for attention and would stop at nothing to get it along with compliments. So if a lady walks up to you and admires your look and also enquires to know the secret behind your glowing skin, it now amounts to annoying display of character.? "like really"
I want to make my hair (though nah bad use of it) but someone cannot be walking on the road shouting and telling every bisi and tope that she wants to make her hair, something must prompt the statement. So all in all your thread doesn't make sense.
Simple.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by LuvU2: 12:24am On Sep 08, 2016
Luckymay:
Luvu2 why do you act this way?
..... It's called "individualism"
These whole thing just bounced back at you at the last point you made.
Everyone cannot be or act the same. The fact those thing annoys you doesn't mean it annoys others .
So for a lady to be proud of her nija man is now annoying right?
We can't be In denial of the fact that ladies crave for attention and would stop at nothing to get it along with compliments. So if a lady walks up to you and admires your look and also enquires to know the secret behind your glowing skin, it now amounts to annoying display of character.? "like really"
I want to make my hair (though nah bad use of it) but someone cannot be walking on the road shouting and telling every bisi and tope that she wants to make her hair, something must prompt the statement. So all in all your thread doesn't make sense.
Simple.
It doesnt make sense because you took it out of context. Sorry I dont know how to fix that for u.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Luckymay(f): 12:44am On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:
It doesnt make sense because you took it out of context. Sorry I dont know how to fix that for u.
Fix what for me?
Haha. You used a simple outlined queen's language to display certain Nigerian girls characters which to "you" are annoying and I just aired my own opinion. I took nothing out of context. There are other ways to make your point other than generalization.
Like "certain Nigerian girls attitudes or character that annoys me. (though those things you listed ain't in any way annoying unless being viewed on a different context or circumstance.
To me and many other ladies out there those things you listed up there ain't even close to annoying. They are just characters and statements used depending on what it's presented with.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by LuvU2: 12:53am On Sep 08, 2016
Luckymay:

Fix what for me?
Haha. You used a simple outlined queen's language to display certain Nigerian girls characters which to "you" are annoying and I just aired my own opinion. I took nothing out of context. There are other ways to make your point other than generalization.
Like "certain Nigerian girls attitudes or character that annoys me. (though those things you listed ain't in any way annoying unless being viewed on a different context or circumstance.
To me and many other ladies out there those things you listed up there ain't even close to annoying. They are just characters and statements used depending on what it's presented with.
Ok. Maybe i give everything a thought. My bad! Lol

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Larryfest(m): 4:00am On Sep 08, 2016
BoboFashion:
Most Naija gals re confused.
Not most but all of them...
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by IamLEGEND1: 5:57am On Sep 08, 2016
shìt makes no sense to me

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by firstking01(m): 6:07am On Sep 08, 2016
Ok, i was here....dashed out.
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Beamborla(f): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:

Do you really not get how racist "black beauty" sounds? Or you are just denying it?

Why shd a black person like you call you a black beauty in the first place if she does feel any connection to blackness?

Its like an igbo person calling igbo a native language instead of his language.

Everyone around here is most likely black, why single you out as black still because you are a darker shade?

Cant you see the 'disconnect' ? They dont want to be 'black' like you but still want to appear 'black-loving' and tolerant when they see a dark beautiful girl.

Moreover, Whats wrong with you are very beautiful, full stop. Thats what they say to me and many girls who are not dark and we dont feel our skin-shade is under appreciated because it is part of what constitutes to our good looks, already. No need reminding us that we are fair or red like we are unaware or smthing.

You are a beautiful woman is a better compliment than you are beautiful type of woman. I dont know why you think differently

About other things, context matters. I agree.

Mind set. If someone calls me a black beauty, I'd thank the person and smile. It's no use seeing harm in this very compliment. First you have to love your skin.

I mentioned it earlier, this is a time when no one wants to be black anymore. Such compliments shouldn't be in use in the first place but because we place light skin over dark skin now, I think it's enough to compliment any girl who's still rocking her dark skin. Let her know her dark skin is beautiful as well as her face.

There are times you hear girls compliment another lady even in her abscence. 'Wow that girl is cute as in correct black beauty' 'omo see black beauty' where is the harm in that?

Like I mentioned earlier, it's all about the way you see yourself and your mindset.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 08, 2016
OP finds all those annoying... but it doesn't mean those are generally annoying statements. Everyone's got their turn-offs. I see nothing intrinsically wrong with those statements up there.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by mzanave(f): 8:19am On Sep 08, 2016
I might not totally agree with all the points made but no4 is just freaking annoying.
About the black beauty thingy,I think guys do it more.
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by LuvU2: 8:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Mind set. If someone calls me a black beauty, I'd thank the person and smile. It's no use seeing harm in this very compliment. First you have to love your skin.

I mentioned it earlier, this is a time when no one wants to be black anymore. Such compliments shouldn't be in use in the first place but because we place light skin over dark skin now, I think it's enough to compliment any girl who's still rocking her dark skin. Let her know her dark skin is beautiful as well as her face.

There are times you hear girls compliment another lady even in her abscence. 'Wow that girl is cute as in correct black beauty' 'omo see black beauty' where is the harm in that?

Like I mentioned earlier, it's all about the way you see yourself and your mindset.

Whar happened to "beautiful dark girl" or "beautiful with good skin" I hope you know most dark girls are not black as in literally black in complexion.

I dont understand when blacks call some blacks 'black' when we all black.

I used to think black beauty was a great compliment until some of my dark skin friends told me it wasnt really. But when people compliment them that way, they just smile nd move on because of the motive/intention, might be said out of ignorance.

Mayb if we stop reminding people of their skin color they will just become comfortable in it.

girls hve heard black is beautiful all their lives, but they still bleach. Many are bleaching today inspite of...sometimes you hve to check whar u say to people. That 'nice' compliment may not be really nice when it makes people too conscious of their skin shade.

At the end, some women are beautiful with great skin.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Beamborla(f): 8:43am On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:

Whar happened to "beautiful dark girl" or "beautiful with good skin" I hope you know most dark girls are not black as in literally black in complexion.

I dont understand when blacks call some blacks 'black' when we all black.

I used to think black beauty was a great compliment until some of my dark skin friends told me it wasnt really. But when people compliment them that way, they just smile nd move on because of the motive/intention, might be said out of ignorance.

Mayb if we stop reminding people of their skin color they will just become comfortable in it.

girls hve heard black is beautiful all their lives, but they still bleach. Many are bleaching today inspite of...sometimes you hve to check whar u say to people. That 'nice' compliment may not be really nice when it makes people too conscious of their skin shade.

At the end, some women are beautiful with great skin.

What exactly is out of place about the skin color that you are being conscious of. There is no abnormality in a dark skin. Your friends need to work on their self esteem regarding their skin color

It's begining to look like when you say smth like 'beautiful cripple' Being crippled is not a good thing and makes one sad.

A direct compliment can go a long way.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by mhisbliss(f): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Mtcheeeew!!! For your mind undecided

Am sure you're guilty of almost 90% of those shît. angry

Oya come deny am tongue
i deny
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by McBrooklyn(m): 9:22am On Sep 08, 2016
mhisbliss:
i deny

Sis, you're a bloody liar and I can even smell the lies here cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by mhisbliss(f): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Sis, you're a bloody liar and I can even smell the lies here cheesy cheesy
arent we all? undecided
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by McBrooklyn(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2016
mhisbliss:
arent we all? undecided

Nah, we ain't all undecided

The lies you ladies tell, only God can judge all of you tongue
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by UIA04(f): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2016
EFCChq:
very intelligent post, smart girl, no wonder you are so beautiful grin grin grin na my bday nothing but praise today
You know that that's davidos ex girlfriend sira Kante on luvu2 profile right?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
UIA04:

You know that that's davidos ex girlfriend sira Kante on luvu2 profile right?
i know say no be the Op na, yesterday was my bday was being extra nice, nice lips kiss how are you?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Eberex(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
you missed out #LIKE SERIOUSLY?
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by indie22(f): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
Stupid post.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Worksunlimited: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:
Talking of the average Nigerian girl who resides in Nigeria. Sometimes i just feel irritated when they say some awkward things.

I am not an exceptional person (at least no one has ever said i am) but there are just somethings ladies ought to say like people with common sense. It wont cost anyone anything to give a thought to something before talking. Just a little thinking wont hurt.

1 Nigerian men are the best : Okay i know being loyal is a good thing and al' . I actually love people who are faithful and protective. However there is a thin line btw loyalty and common sense.

Apart from the fact that we appear more loyal than our male counterparts, i dont see how saying they are the best changes anything. It just makes you look kinda dumb to converse with since you clearly dont know when to use common superlatives.

2, Like really? Oh pls say something different for once.

3, I will make my hair very soon She has been carrying her natural God given hair for a while but she still feels a need to explain to every1 why she has not rocked an artificial one yet.

O dear, just go and wear a weave and stop throwing ur insecurity on people's faces
A lady can rock her natural hair and still look classic and do as many styles as she wants. Why is hers making her feel sick? eeewww.

4, You are shining, which cream are you using? 90% of the time she means which lightening cream are you using.
Dear girl, not every girl with a fair skin uses "cream"
Even if she is using one, not everyone is ready to disclose their "beauty enhancement" products to anyone. Lol

5, You have pointed nose, you are so lucky And she is so unlucky with her button nose!

6, I like my men tall, dark and handsome Can you just stop parroting that 1800s ideal male look that you know nothing about and come up with something original?

7, Wow you are a black beauty She says this when she sees a stunning girl with dark skin.
Sweetheart that girl knows she is black, she has seen herself all her life as a black girl. Why do u feel she has to be reminded of her blackness everytime you throw her a compliment. *rolls eyes*

8, Why do you act this way It is called "individualism" Everyone must not act the same or love the same things. We are not all born to follow a status quo. Its very easy to wrap around the head but she wont because she does not want to embrace the complexities of life.

9. A man has to bend for/to a woman...

This has to be the silliest thing i have heard this year.. Where dey cook up such profound anomaly is still open for debate..

A man should do this, A man should do that.. I don't blame dem sha, it's tosyne2much and co i blame..

Always coming up with round figure 10 things...
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Orikinla(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:
Talking of the average Nigerian girl who resides in Nigeria. Sometimes i just feel irritated when they say some awkward things.

I am not an exceptional person (at least no one has ever said i am) but there are just somethings ladies ought to say like people with common sense. It wont cost anyone anything to give a thought to something before talking. Just a little thinking wont hurt.

1 Nigerian men are the best : Okay i know being loyal is a good thing and al' . I actually love people who are faithful and protective. However there is a thin line btw loyalty and common sense.

Apart from the fact that we appear more loyal than our male counterparts, i dont see how saying they are the best changes anything. It just makes you look kinda dumb to converse with since you clearly dont know when to use common superlatives.

3, I will make my hair very soon She has been carrying her natural God given hair for a while but she still feels a need to explain to every1 why she has not rocked an artificial one yet.

O dear, just go and wear a weave and stop throwing ur insecurity on people's faces
A lady can rock her natural hair and still look classic and do as many styles as she wants. Why is hers making her feel sick? eeewww.

4, You are shining, which cream are you using? 90% of the time she means which lightening cream are you using.
Even if she is using one, not everyone is ready to disclose their "beauty enhancement" products to anyone. Lol

5, You have pointed nose, you are so lucky And she is so unlucky with her button nose!

6, I like my men tall, dark and handsome Can you just stop parroting that 1800s ideal male look that you know nothing about and come up with something original?

7, Wow you are a black beauty She says this when she sees a stunning girl with dark skin.
Sweetheart that girl knows she is black, she has seen herself all her life as a black girl. Why do u feel she has to be reminded of her blackness everytime you throw her a compliment. *rolls eyes*

8, Why do you act this way It is called "individualism" Everyone must not act the same or love the same things. We are not all born to follow a status quo. Its very easy to wrap around the head but she wont because she does not want to embrace the complexities of life.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by chimauga(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
Nigerian girls and lies are...

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by AreaFada2: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
LuvU2:

Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart. International research including some funded by Durex (the condom maker) put Nigerian women on top of infidelity league worldwide. Only Filipino ladies came a distant second.

Can you tell me of any official study that says 9ja women "appear a bit more loyal" than the men? grin grin No appearance, woman are just more coded and excellent at deception.

It is mostly the few well to do & promiscuous that get majority of the women. Womanising in 9ja is an expensive endeavour.

It is also the human right of women to say whatever they say, just like you are using right now.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by d33types: 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Beamborla:
Op, I disagree a little. Why can't I tell a beautiful dark skinned lady that she is a black beauty? That's me not only complimenting her facial appearance, I'm praising her skin as well.

We are in a world where to some people, black is synonymous to ugly. A world where ladies alter their skin color just to be beautiful? Telling a lady she's a black beauty is actually a good thing to me. Why should anyone even have an issue with that? That can only happen if she is not comfortable with her skin color in the first place.

*I'm still trying to fathom this black beauty point* I mean why should 'you are a black beauty' unsettle an African lady?

So yeah, I saw someone and I like the way her skin looks, I can't compliment and ask her what cream she's using? Does it mean only fair chicks get such commplinent since it's now attached to bleaching and fair skin

I'm dark skinned and I hear that a lot. It's petty and unreasonable to find it difficult to tell someone the beauty product you are using except you are bleaching for real. If you can't own up to it and be proud of it, why do it?

I don't think if the occasion or situation does not calk for it, anyone would just make the comment 'I will make my hair very soon' from no where

'like really' could be my way of reacting to things I find stupid, annoying, shocking... It's an English word and it's not offensive on it's own.

'I like my man, tall dark and handsome' can't a sister have taste anymore? That's what she wants and you can't be so sure she knows nothing about it. Is it safe to conclude that only the 1800's male are tall dark and handsome while our contemporary males are fair, short and ugly. I mean I see tall dark and handsome guys on a daily basis and it's would be weird if no one desires them. Moreover, the men also have their own picture of a dream/ideal lady and no one is shutting them up.

A sister is free to desire smth. I mean heck yes, she knows a lot about it. Tall dark and handsome is too good not to know anything about it. What could be more original?
Kudos to you.

As a guy ,i believe OP is just opinionated and her opinion should go under her armpit where it belongs.
She's only interested in FrontPage.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Emmahunk(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
Beamborla:
Op, I disagree a little. Why can appear tell a beautiful dark skinned lady that she is a black beauty? That's me not only complimenting her facial appearance, I'm praising her skin as well.

'I like my man, tall dark and handsome' can't a sister have taste anymore? That's what she wants and you can't be so sure she knows nothing about it. Is it safe to conclude that only the 1800's male are tall dark and handsome while our contemporary males are fair, short and ugly. I mean I see tall dark and handsome guys on a daily basis and it's would be weird if no one desires them. Moreover, the men also have their own picture of a dream/ideal lady and no one is shutting them up.

A sister is free to desire smth. I mean heck yes, she knows a lot about it. Tall dark and handsome is too good not to know anything about it. What could be more original?

Thanks dear, didn't want to comment till I saw your comment.
The guys are all over the post trying to outdo each other. Wonder if they even bothered to read the post.
Now, o/p why would you think that a girl complimenting another is dumb?
In your point number 8, you talked about individual personality. Great, so why must a girl doing /saying things her own way turn out to be dumb to you?
Same girl might be dumb to you because she says 'really' while you may appear dumb to her for things like ; 'oh sure', wow etc.
Abeg free our girls joor

6 Likes

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by d33types: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart. International research including some funded by Durex (the condom maker) put Nigerian women on top of infidelity league worldwide. Only Filipino ladies came a distant second.

Can you tell me of any official study that says 9ja women "appear a bit more loyal" than the men? grin grin No appearance, woman are just more coded and excellent at deception.

It is mostly the few well to do & promiscuous that get majority of the women. Womanising in 9ja is an expensive endeavour.

It is also the human right of women to say whatever they say, just like you are using right now.

What research please? Give me links..

Infidelity is not an exclusive preserve of a particular nation's women..
I can only believe Nigerian women are more pretentious.
In the US, infidelity is a lot more like a way of life..

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
When your expensive phone gets a broken screen or stolen, some girls be like.."that's why i hate using expensive phones"
OR BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ONE YET undecided
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by SweetyZinta(f): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
mhisbliss:
you no try at all, shouldn't you be praising the girls? Nw those boys will be gallivanting anyhow on this thread, nice write up btw

I tire for her matter oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. by beautiful232(f): 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
grin
the know themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukky Makinwa Wedding: Classy Pre-wedding Photos Of Two Love Birds / What A Husband Told His Wife The Night Of Their Wedding / What Is The Best Way To Dump Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.