Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo (41249 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / Patience Jonathan Greets Bukola Saraki At The Launch Of Dino Melaye's Book / Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
AjayiWrites:
SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, AT THE LAUNCH OF THE NATIONAL RE-ORIENTATION CAMPAIGN, CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME, AT THE BANQUET HALL OF THE STATE HOUSE, ABUJA, ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH 2016

PROTOCOLS:
I welcome you all to this important occasion of the launching of the National Re-orientation Campaign, called ‘Change Begins With Me’. Nigeria today is passing through a challenging moment where hardly anything works in a normal manner. Many have attributed this phenomenon to the total breakdown of our core values over the years.

2. It is safe to say today that honesty, hard work, Godliness have given way to all kinds of manifestations of lawlessness and degeneration in our national life. This is why we have among our cardinal objectives ‘change’, which implies the need for a change of attitude and mindset in our everyday life.

3 I need not mention the serious effort we have engaged in since the inception of this administration on the fight against corruption in our public life. With the progress we have so far made in that regard, we feel the need to ensure that we put in place the necessary sustainable framework for action and measures that will help to entrench and consolidate the progress achieved so far.

4. This we believe can best be maintained through attitudinal change, and the change of our mindset in private and public life. The campaign we are about to launch today is all about the need for us to see change not merely in terms of our economic, social progress but in terms of our personal behaviour on how we conduct ourselves, engage our neigbhours, friends and generally how we relate with the larger society in a positive and definitive way and manner that promotes our common good and common destiny, change at home, change in the work place, change at traffic junction, change at traffic lights etc.

5. This campaign is part of the determination of our party to seek to carry all Nigerians along on the journey to a better and greater society that we all can be proud of.

6. There is no doubt that our value system has been badly eroded over the years. The long-cherished and time honoured, time-tested virtues of honesty, integrity, hard work, punctuality, good neighbourliness, abhorrence of corruption and patriotism, have given way in the main to dishonesty, indolence, unbridled corruption and widespread impunity.

7. The resultant effect of this derailment in our value system is being felt in the social, political and economic sphere. It is the reason that some youths will take to cultism and brigandage instead of studying hard or engaging in decent living; it is the reason that some elements will break pipelines and other oil facilities, thus robbing the nation of much-needed resources; it is the reason that money belonging to our commonwealth will be brazenly stolen by the same public officials to whom they were entrusted; it is the reason why motorist drive through red traffic lights, it is the reason that many will engage in thuggery and vote-stealing during elections; it is part of what has driven our economy into deep problem out of which we are now working hard to extricate ourselves. Every one of us must have a change from our old ways of doing things, we cannot fold our arms and allow things to continue the old way.

8. We must resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship, pettiness and immaturity that have poisoned our country for so long. Let us summon a new spirit of responsibility, spirit of service, of patriotism and sacrifice, Let us all resolve to pitch in and work hard and look after, not only ourselves but one another, What the current problem has taught us is that we cannot have a thriving army of rent seekers and vested interests, while the majority suffers.

9. Rather than sit back and complain endlessly, we have decided to act pragmatically, with the launch of this National Re-orientation Campaign. The campaign will not be a sprint but a marathon that will run the course of our tenure. We are under no illusion that the changes we seek will happen overnight, but we have no doubt that the campaign will help restore our value system and rekindle our nationalistic fervor

10. I am therefore appealing to all Nigerians to be part of this campaign. Our citizens must realize that the change they want to see begins with them, and that personal and social reforms are not theoretic exercise. If you have not seen the change in you, you cannot see it in others or even the larger society. In other words, before you ask ‘where is the change they promised us’, you must first ask how far have I changed my ways ‘what have I done to be part of the change for the greater good of society’.

11. While the government will drive the Change Begins With Me’ campaign, it must be strongly supported by all concerned individually. In this regard the private sector is a major stakeholder. Indeed when the campaign succeeds, it will impact heavily on the private sector. A punctual, diligent and hardworking staff can only be of benefit of not just himself or herself or the organization they work for but to various governments whether at local, state or Federal level.

12. While congratulating the stakeholders, especially Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency for conceiving this campaign, I charge all to pursue the campaign with vigour and ensure its sustenance by taking it to all the nook and crannies of this country, with the aim of getting the buy in of the old, the young, the rich, the poor irrespective of gender or other social positions.

13. Your Excellencies, Honourable Ministers, Members of the National Assembly, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now my pleasure to formally launch and handover the instrument of the Change Campaign tagged Change Begins With Me to the Honourable Minister for Information and Culture, for transmission to all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria. Indeed I say to the glory of Mighty Allah, “Change Begins With Me”

14. Thank you all for your kind attention

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/pres-buharis-speech-at-launch-of.html
Did anyone notice how he carefully didn't mention Fulani herdsmen. You know your country is in deep trouble when your president ends a speech by giving glory to allah!
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by tohtoh: 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Change begins with me! I love u sir! I am with u all the way
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by mickey45: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
"My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indisciplined-"

KINGTELLER:

If I have the spirit of forgiveness.. I will forget the past and vote for him

You still think you were right?
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by jayplect(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
[b][/b]change begins with meal not me sir[b]change begins with meal not me sir[/b]change begins with meal not me sir
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by Emassive(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Oga... You are wisest zombie in this region for now.
Is this also the reason why foodstuffs prices are quadrupled.. please educate us more Zombie

quote author=dedeen1424 post=49186065](copied)

THE REAL NIGERIA

I just realized that the
hardship faced by many Nigerians is simply as a result of the fact that almost everyone of us benefited from the cycle of corruption.

The bricklayer, plumber, labourers, tiler are all
complaining because building construction has slowed down massively cause the thieves no longer have money to spend on real estate.

The car dealers are
grumbling because their cars are begging for buyers.
Thieves can no longer spend wastefully.

The private school owners are shouting because parents can no longer pay outrageous sums and are withdrawing their wards.

I was shocked when I learnt that in a popular private University in Abuja, parents are writing undertaking at the account section for their children to be allowed to write exams... and it goes on and on.

The fact is, a lot of people are returning to what
someone referred to as ''default mode''.

We mostly have been living above our REAL MEANS.

We have been staying in houses that ordinarily our
incomes can't afford.

Our children going to schools we can't afford. Driving cars we ordinarily can't maintain.

We have been living a FAKE LIFE all along.

Now the reality is before us and we don't want to accept it.

This shows how morally bankrupt we are.

You can't eat your Cake and have it. TAKE NOTE.........

You got billions from bank without collateral using your political influence.

You put half into your business and spent the other half on exotic cars, jewelries' etc.

Your business employs 100 people normally. You get illegal waivers and concessions to import raw materials at rock bottom prices, you get over inflated contract to supply government some goods your company produce....

in short your company is kept afloat by corruption.

You have been paying Tithes, Sowing Seeds that includes money from corruption and inflated contracts.

Now, the new Sherriff in town say NO more ridiculous waiver, NO more inflated contracts, NO more bank loans without collateral, in fact its time you or your company pay off the billions of debt owed.....

AMCON takes over your company, staff are laid off......

And you go on air and say the new sheriff is killing business and causing unemployment..

The truth is....you and your company were never in business, you were only feeding off the corrupt system.

Too many companies and banks are funded by corruption.

Remove corruption from the system and they collapse.......and we end up blaming the person that remove corruption for the collapse of the corrupt company.

Its like our system and corruption are so interwoven and un-separatable twins, that, removing one will kill the other.

Maybe we should tolerate and learn to live with corruption so that Nigeria can survive?

But count me out of the BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION campaign by .

Blessed are the few incorruptible and hardworking Nigerians, for they shall be rewarded by the new emerging Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by mickool(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
God bless PMB. Change begin with me.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by Toluwaase(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
Positive change begins with me!
Before now the blames of the failure of this government were heaped on Jonathan and PDP governments that came before him. Now, the song is changing; it is the fault of Nigerians. Very funny, PMB could have negotiated with Nigerians on dat note and campaigned that the change he will bring will depend on Nigerians behaviour even when average citizen cannot afford basic needs. Jonathan will surely be laughing by now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by vislabraye(m): 11:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
FILEBE:
In as much as I don't believe the lies told by these our politicians but I do believe that the change truly starts with us. Let us reason it na.
We will rather wail and complain about the economy. What have you done to change your own life situation? You rely immensely on Dollar( another man's currency) .foreigners package Groundnut oil/ vegetable oil for us and we buy. Have you seen any neatly packaged palm oil? If yoy have seen, it is not common. If we clear the log off our eyes first we might be able to stone these POliticians well. You know what I mean na

. Did you say this under Gej's adminstion ?
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by vislabraye(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Toluwaase:

Before now the blames of the failure of this government were heaped on Jonathan and PDP governments that came before him. Now, the song is changing; it is the fault of Nigerians. Very funny, PMB could have negotiated with Nigerians on dat note and campaigned that the change he will bring will depend on Nigerians behaviour even when average citizen cannot afford basic needs. Jonathan will surely be laughing by now.

You know, people will remain zombies.
Who are those padding the budget ?
A change crusader's minister minister bought houses Dubai just less than a yeat in office.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by WesBreezy: 11:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
So etz Nigerians these people are holding to ransom. Alright we'd change na,since etz trade by barter
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by chaotik(m): 12:12am On Sep 09, 2016
Dint read d jargons . Start with selling d presidential fleet and av just 3 max then most importantly cut total package of presidency and law makers ( house of rep and especially senate ) by 80 % . Bunch of clueless and lazy bleeps
AjayiWrites:
SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, AT THE LAUNCH OF THE NATIONAL RE-ORIENTATION CAMPAIGN, CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME, AT THE BANQUET HALL OF THE STATE HOUSE, ABUJA, ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH 2016

PROTOCOLS:
I welcome you all to this important occasion of the launching of the National Re-orientation Campaign, called ‘Change Begins With Me’. Nigeria today is passing through a challenging moment where hardly anything works in a normal manner. Many have attributed this phenomenon to the total breakdown of our core values over the years.

2. It is safe to say today that honesty, hard work, Godliness have given way to all kinds of manifestations of lawlessness and degeneration in our national life. This is why we have among our cardinal objectives ‘change’, which implies the need for a change of attitude and mindset in our everyday life.

3 I need not mention the serious effort we have engaged in since the inception of this administration on the fight against corruption in our public life. With the progress we have so far made in that regard, we feel the need to ensure that we put in place the necessary sustainable framework for action and measures that will help to entrench and consolidate the progress achieved so far.

4. This we believe can best be maintained through attitudinal change, and the change of our mindset in private and public life. The campaign we are about to launch today is all about the need for us to see change not merely in terms of our economic, social progress but in terms of our personal behaviour on how we conduct ourselves, engage our neigbhours, friends and generally how we relate with the larger society in a positive and definitive way and manner that promotes our common good and common destiny, change at home, change in the work place, change at traffic junction, change at traffic lights etc.

5. This campaign is part of the determination of our party to seek to carry all Nigerians along on the journey to a better and greater society that we all can be proud of.

6. There is no doubt that our value system has been badly eroded over the years. The long-cherished and time honoured, time-tested virtues of honesty, integrity, hard work, punctuality, good neighbourliness, abhorrence of corruption and patriotism, have given way in the main to dishonesty, indolence, unbridled corruption and widespread impunity.

7. The resultant effect of this derailment in our value system is being felt in the social, political and economic sphere. It is the reason that some youths will take to cultism and brigandage instead of studying hard or engaging in decent living; it is the reason that some elements will break pipelines and other oil facilities, thus robbing the nation of much-needed resources; it is the reason that money belonging to our commonwealth will be brazenly stolen by the same public officials to whom they were entrusted; it is the reason why motorist drive through red traffic lights, it is the reason that many will engage in thuggery and vote-stealing during elections; it is part of what has driven our economy into deep problem out of which we are now working hard to extricate ourselves. Every one of us must have a change from our old ways of doing things, we cannot fold our arms and allow things to continue the old way.

8. We must resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship, pettiness and immaturity that have poisoned our country for so long. Let us summon a new spirit of responsibility, spirit of service, of patriotism and sacrifice, Let us all resolve to pitch in and work hard and look after, not only ourselves but one another, What the current problem has taught us is that we cannot have a thriving army of rent seekers and vested interests, while the majority suffers.

9. Rather than sit back and complain endlessly, we have decided to act pragmatically, with the launch of this National Re-orientation Campaign. The campaign will not be a sprint but a marathon that will run the course of our tenure. We are under no illusion that the changes we seek will happen overnight, but we have no doubt that the campaign will help restore our value system and rekindle our nationalistic fervor

10. I am therefore appealing to all Nigerians to be part of this campaign. Our citizens must realize that the change they want to see begins with them, and that personal and social reforms are not theoretic exercise. If you have not seen the change in you, you cannot see it in others or even the larger society. In other words, before you ask ‘where is the change they promised us’, you must first ask how far have I changed my ways ‘what have I done to be part of the change for the greater good of society’.

11. While the government will drive the Change Begins With Me’ campaign, it must be strongly supported by all concerned individually. In this regard the private sector is a major stakeholder. Indeed when the campaign succeeds, it will impact heavily on the private sector. A punctual, diligent and hardworking staff can only be of benefit of not just himself or herself or the organization they work for but to various governments whether at local, state or Federal level.

12. While congratulating the stakeholders, especially Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency for conceiving this campaign, I charge all to pursue the campaign with vigour and ensure its sustenance by taking it to all the nook and crannies of this country, with the aim of getting the buy in of the old, the young, the rich, the poor irrespective of gender or other social positions.

13. Your Excellencies, Honourable Ministers, Members of the National Assembly, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now my pleasure to formally launch and handover the instrument of the Change Campaign tagged Change Begins With Me to the Honourable Minister for Information and Culture, for transmission to all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria. Indeed I say to the glory of Mighty Allah, “Change Begins With Me”

14. Thank you all for your kind attention

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/pres-buharis-speech-at-launch-of.html
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by lanreni: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2016
cycline404:
The change begin with the senators, rep and all arms of government.
The change begin as soon as those senators are placed on minimum wage.
Those wuru wuru allowance must stop.
Nigeria problem is from top to bottom.

It really makes me sad how Nigerian youth with no benefit or whatsoever always come and chant APC , PDP why cant we just unit and fight for our future .

Ask any of the leader her plan for a common man, he will say What's his business. In the past we saw a governor that told someone go and die, that alone is an hate word that cause for resignation. But all the youth could do is to start making a chant and making it looks like a joke.

Each and everyone of us has been taken for granted.

It's not affecting me in anyway but most time I think about my family in there.
Good point, but i also think the change from bottom up will be faster. when we decide to start burning or recalling non-performing politicians, change will be faster. when we refuse to corporate with them to steal us blind or us to rig elections. when our security agents refuse to protect politicians rather than defenseless nigerians.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by bashydemy(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2016
thesicilian:
If you like let the change begin and end with you. I no send you. We are tired of your kind of change

You never want to change your ways but you are crying about change they promise you everyday... Have you change your way of life?

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithyou..
#NigeriaShallBeGreatAgain..
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by bashydemy(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Flexherbal:
Positive change begins with me!

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithme..
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by bashydemy(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2016
SageTravels:
Let the change start from Aso Rock. Buhari knows too well that he cannot change anything so he is looking excuse. Change begins with you is now scapegoat.

Today is my Birthday. leave Buhari Wish me well.

Wish you well when you never wish Nigeria well?

Well HBD to you Long Live in good health and abundant wealth.. Mind you it's only the wealth you work hard for oo not the kind of wealth of GEJ and co that loot this country dry..

Meanwhile

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithyou..
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by Hyzink(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
I totally agree with our president. GEN MOHAMADU BUHARI that ''CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME''.

We see in him that he is really passionate about bringing out the positive #CHANGE in every Nigerian and like he said, #CHANGE should begin within us individually.

Changing our mindset and our way of life positively to affect those around us in a good way, taking responsibility and not looking for anybody or anything to blame.

It is high time we stopped complaing and start working the good works and thinking the good thoughts that will help bring into shape the kind of #CHANGE we want, the kind of #CHANGE we all dream of.

Nothing is impossible if we put our minds to it and putting our joint efforts to work. #CHANGE is not far fetched when we start converting our ill thoughts to healthy ones.

The day you use the pedestrian bridge even when the law enforcement agents are not there or not because you are afraid of being hit by a vehicle, but because you know its the right thing to do despite the fact that you are getting late for the appointment you are going to meet. Then you know the #CHANGE we want is coming into reality.

Corruption is everywhere even in the midst of primary school pupils, where a pupil is giving choco milo to another pupil to help him complete a note.

But, I put it to you that the day you yourself reminds the conductor to collect your bus fare,
the day you return the excess balance the market woman gives you,
the day you start joining and maintaining the Q at the filling stations and ATM points and other places of the same sort,
the day you start studying hard to pass your exams without employing any other manipulating means,
the day you stop doing eye service or giving tips to those concerned with promotion in your work place in order for you to be promoted and you start doing extra work that will legitimately qualify you for the promotion you deserve,
the day you start thinking about those around you before yourself.

I tell you that the positive #CHANGE we all clamour for is so near...

I BELIEVE NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE BETTER.
I BELIEVE IN THE PRESIDENT OF OUR DEAR COUNTRY, NIGERIA.
I BELIEVE IN MY FELLOW LOYAL NIGERIANS.
I BELIEVE IN THESE 4WORDS THAT SAYS...

"CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME!"

kindly re-broadcast till it gets to every optimistic Nigerian.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by thesicilian: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
izeeworld:
oga pls don't use the word WE just say I
because there are others that knw wat the president is doing #change start from me
if you check properly you'll see that many other people agree with me, so my post is very much valid
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by thesicilian: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=Elbowroom post=49185560][/quote]
is this facebook?
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by thesicilian: 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
bashydemy:

You never want to change your ways but you are crying about change they promise you everyday... Have you change your way of life?

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithyou..
lol. You alone determine how you live your life. So if you chose to stand with someone who's not even standing (just like those who trekked for him at the beginning while he was flying private jets), that is your decision.
I am already set on the course that i must follow in life, as a result i don't have to keep changing (like a chameleon) for every politician that comes into power.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
cheesy cheesy

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by bashydemy(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
[url][/url]
thesicilian:

lol. You alone determine how you live your life. So if you chose to stand with someone who's not even standing (just like those who trekked for him at the beginning while he was flying private jets), that is your decision.
I am already set on the course that i must follow in life, as a result i don't have to keep changing (like a chameleon) for every politician that comes into power.
Continue then Mr.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by billyG(m): 3:21am On Sep 10, 2016
LET THE CHANGE BEGINS WITH THE WAILERS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo by FILEBE(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2016
vislabraye:

. Did you say this under Gej's adminstion ?

I swear. I did..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Can't Stop Nnamdi Kanu From Holding A Rally In Lagos" - FFK / Minimum Wage: Buhari Has Scammed You, PDP Tells Nigerian Civil Servants / Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.