Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians (37790 Views)

This Is The CHANGE We Promised Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (photo) / We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by undecidedYoruba: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that before Nigerians demand to see the changes he promised them during the 2015 election, they must first change their own attitude by shunning corruption and other social vices.

He adds that change is not about economic or social progress, but it is in terms of citizens’ personal behaviour.

Buhari said this while delivering a speech at the inauguration of the national re-orientation campaign tagged, ‘Change Begins With Me’ in Abuja on Thursday.

The President acknowledged that Nigeria is currently passing through a challenging period where hardly anything works normally.

He lamented that honesty, hard work and godliness had given way to all kinds of manifestations of lawlessness and degeneration in our national life.

Buhari said, “Our citizens must realise that the change they want to see begins with them, and that personal and social reforms are not a theoretic exercise. If you have not seen the change in you, you cannot see it in others or even the larger society.

“In other words, before you ask ‘Where is the change they promised us?’, you must first ask, ‘How far have I changed my ways? What have I done to be part of the change for the greater good of society?’

The President said his government had done well in the fight against corruption, adding that the fresh campaign was a way of getting Nigerians to join in the struggle.

He added, “The campaign we are about to launch today is all about the need for us to see change, not merely in terms of our economic, social progress but in terms of our personal behaviour on how we conduct ourselves, engage our neighbours, friends and generally how we relate with the larger society in a positive and definitive way and manner that promotes our common good and common destiny, change at home, change in work place, change at traffic junction, change at traffic lights, etc.”

He said the value system of the nation had been eroded and that was why students would prefer to embrace cultism rather than face their studies. He said it was for the same reason youths were vandalising oil pipelines thus robbing the nation of much-needed resources.

Buhari said the disintegration of social values encouraged impunity and corruption in the public sector which ultimately led to the current economic recession.

http://punchng.com/nigerians-must-enjoy-change-buhari/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by yorubasmustprosper(f): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Please, I am not interested in reading the text, let me just comment based on the topic..
I have read lots of change chants coming from 'Chain' masters themselves today..

Please, my people, does a hungry man considers the taste soup especially when he has already won Eba/Garri/Akpu?

If the economy didn't change, then wait for Nigerians to change into monsters coming for your souls..APC Fools!

342 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by undecidedYoruba: 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
"Nigerians must first change their own attitude before demanding to see the changes Buhari promised them". This is a threat and blackmailing of the general public

I feel so sorry for this country

345 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by AtlanticBreeze: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ok, I have accepted and changed my attitude, can I now enjoy the change Buhari?

302 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Beremx(f): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
imagine?
angry

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
I agree with him

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by undecidedYoruba: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
When will PMB change from being a bigot, religion fanatic and cheap lies.

Anytime he rears his gworo head it is mayhem and hunger.

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
introducing the SCAM called Mohamadu Buhari Ladies and gentlemen

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by undecidedYoruba: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
How can somebody be diligent in the discharge of his/her duties when after 30 days of hard work, salary is not paid?

How can you be at work early when you cannot transport yourself to work?

Change really begin with Buhari because you have left Daura to Aso rock and things have really changed for good for you but for us, it is from frying pan to fire.

Don't you worry, it is a matter of time at worst you will have us to contend with come 2019.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by divinehand2003(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Change is change.

Change means moving in the positive direction, economy inclusive.

TEACHER PLS DON'T TEACH ME NONSENSE!!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
So the change now isn't all about economic progress but behavioural change.

When he was campaigning Shebi he promised N1 will be $1...and one liter of fuel will be N45.

He should keep fooling himself.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by chinjo(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Could he have said this before the election? Nigerians behold thy president.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by SageTravels: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
After reading this somebody will go n vote APC in EDO

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by jesse8048(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Lol, it seems dis man's ear infection has moved a step further into his brain. Bubu really needs a psycho-evaluation. If it's not about economy what else do u want us to look at. Chai

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by yudee233: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
But Somebody promised to make Naira stronger, create million jobs in a year and pay the down trodden....

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by SageTravels: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
I came to see those that will support the President and I was not disappointed. hehe.

kropotkin2:
I agree with him

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by drss2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
they have shift d goal post just as i expected. d dullard is now blaming nigerians for his failures cheesy wat a dullard.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Godemcee(m): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Why did he not say this during election,this gworo chewing bastard really taking us for jokes oh.I have charged my attitude so can I have my change now.
buhari ko ni da fun eh

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Abeymills(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
Buhari there is God o all d promises had vanished nw it's Nigerians u want 2 deal wit have u not had enough destroying our progress n unity?change start frm a leader yeye govt

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by idupaul: 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
In Buhari's words Nigerians will not see change till they change themselves. ..Nigerians the ball is in your court

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
It was already expected since the moment a Ph.D Holder was voted out for a Certificateless Cattle Rearer

You're a total failure, APC chieftain tells Buhari- Vanguard http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/youre-total-failure-kano-apc-chieftain-tells-buhari/

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by LesbianBoy(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Buhari is a FAILURE

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by chinchong: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
this Dinho of a president think he's smart whereas, he isn't better than a primary two student.

You promised us change during election but after almost two years you're now the one demanding change from us.

This old f**l really need a knock on that dry scul. scumbarg!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by divinehand2003(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
What happened to the change BUBU promised us?
That change never had the prefix or condition that you and I must change first before he gives us his change.
Naija we hail thee.
By the way, this campaign is NONSENSE.
''Operation Declare a state of emergency to handle the ailing economic situation Nigerians are facing would have been a better program''.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by hurricaneChris: 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
The man should just do his brainwashed supporters some favor by making sure he doesnt speak in public.
Because anytime he speaks, he reeks of disappointed.

Am actually reading this post with Bukola my friend here in the office, she feels let down and disappointment. grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by ajepako(f): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Another scam concocted by APC to evade their responsibilities and shift the proverbial goal post..

l am not complaining or dissapointed...

Na their logo be that:

Denial and cancellation of campaign promises..

Awon eleya..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by portside(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
This man has started again ohh after he would deny and say that's not what he means.
We are waiting for the time of denial.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chai! These idiots have killed Nigerians.APC is a band of godforsaken people.Is this what they said when they were campaigning? No wonder the dullard tactically avoided robust debates.Well "even if Buhari presents tissue paper/NEPA bill we will still vote him".Guess una eyes don clear now? This is only obtainable when an illiterate is allowed to governs a multicomplex country like Nigeria.Enough is enough! undecided

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
I am not disappointed. 989900 I told you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians by anonimi: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
undecidedYoruba:
"Nigerians must first change their own attitude before demanding to see the changes Buhari promised them". This is a threat and blackmailing of the general public

I feel so sorry for this country

Will DullardPoo first change his own CORRUPT attitude and that of his ministers or LEADERSHIP is no longer by example?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3711426_laimuhammedidontowe_png3d123b27e8f04701820553cb9b600a90

Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3317046_budgettt_jpegd73bb73944448e30966f27bc22a4c756

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/

23 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2019: Tambuwal, Kwankwaso, Saraki Get Nod To Contest PDP Ticket / VP Osinbajo Pictured With Gov. Yahaya Bello Earlier Today At Okenne Kogi State / YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Calls For Nigeria’s Disintegration (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.