Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Appying For UK Passport After Denial - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Appying For UK Passport After Denial (863 Views)

2018 10 Most Powerful Passport [UK Passport Is Not The Most Powerful Passport] / UK Visa Reapplication After Denial And Judicial Review / Fuel Queues Continue In Abuja Despite Nnpc’s Denial Of Fuel Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appying For UK Passport After Denial by adufe77: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi all,

Am new here. Jus want to post this question to the house, i pray i get the desire answer here.

I applied for a UK passport in nigeria in 2003 and was refused . I didnt border re-applying then because i was going for my NYSC then.

After then i have travelled to the UK twice with my Nigerian passport.

My question now is can i apply afresh or appeal the one that was denied.

note : i cant remember the reason i was denied earlier. its a long time ago.

Wating for your response

Thanks
Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
adufe77:
Hi all,

Am new here. Jus want to post this question to the house, i pray i get the desire answer here.

I applied for a UK passport in nigeria in 2003 and was refused . I didnt border re-applying then because i was going for my NYSC then.

After then i have travelled to the UK twice with my Nigerian passport.

My question now is can i apply afresh or appeal the one that was denied.

note : i cant remember the reason i was denied earlier. its a long time ago.

Wating for your response

Thanks

You have to have some form of idea why you were refused............
You have travelled to the uk twice after the refusal. What did you do regarding the rejected application?
Is a war easier fought outside or from the inside?
What are your entitlement on qualifications for a british passport?
During your visa application, did you declare your position on your passport application?
So many questions I can ask, but this ciroc is closing my eyes...............
Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by adufe77: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
thanks for the comment.

I made enquiry at the home office in the UK when i travelled in 2011. Was told i have to be in the UK for like 6weeks but couldnt wait cause i ve to resume for work.

On the issue of if the info was on my visa application to the Uk. i state my birth place as Great britain and my birth certificate was included in my application.

On my entitlement for british passport , i ve my british birth cert, all my baby immunsation booklet, my parents marriage cert and my parents old pasports also pictures

Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by claremont(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
If you were born in the UK before 1983, you are a British citizen. I don't know why you were refused, but try applying again the next time you are in the UK. As a British citizen, they shouldn't have issued you a visa. They should have checked their records and informed you to apply for your British passport.
Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by Lexusgs430: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
claremont:
If you were born in the UK before 1983, you are a British citizen. I don't know why you were refused, but try applying again the next time you are in the UK. As a British citizen, they shouldn't have issued you a visa. They should have checked their records and informed you to apply for your British passport.

Part of the probing questions. So many dark shades that requires clarification.
Not unless the visa was issued based on the fact that OP, born in the United Kingdom, but not entitled to British Citizenship.
Hence my requesting year of birth..........
Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by adufe77: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello All, Just to info u all that i got my BP on d 14 of August 2017 at d British High Commission Lagos. it took almost a year .

Thnks for all d information & word of encouragement.
Re: Appying For UK Passport After Denial by Lexusgs430: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
adufe77:
Hello All, Just to info u all that i got my BP on d 14 of August 2017 at d British High Commission Lagos. it took almost a year .

Thnks for all d information & word of encouragement.

Congratulations............ When you arrive the UK, check that someone is not already using your details.

Or else at expiration and renewal, you would have questions to still answer.....

(1) (Reply)

Traveling As A Nigerian Ambassador / Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger / Two Planes Fly Terrifyingly Close To One Another (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.