Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In (663 Views)

“I Will Vote Buhari In 2019 As A Pay Back To All That Voted Him In 2015" - Lady / Buhari Has Betrayed Those Who Voted Him To Power – Aisha Buhari / This Man Apologizes To Those Who Voted APC Because Of Him (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
The only thing our President hasn't told us EXPRESSLY is 'To your tents oh Israel!'.

With his latest jibe at Nigerians (Be the change before you demand the change we promised), I can't help but get very angry at him, and of course, with the general population of Nigerians who voted him in.

I mean, how could we (Read: YOU) vote in a man who didn't say a word when barbarians were killing and maiming youth corps members in his name, after he lost the 2011 elections? Who never came out to play the good loser by calling them to order? How could we (Read: YOU, again) vote in a man who showed his intolerance by subtly (or openly?) calling for bloodshed after he had lost an election? Who didn't really do anything substantial during his time of military rule?

Nigerians are funny. What better way to access a man, than with his precedents, more so, when he hasn't renounced them or shown repentance? You all voted in a man who didn't feel a thing when innocent people were killed because of him after that election, and you expect him to empathise with you when you tell him you cannot buy tomatoes, or your children are stranded abroad? Funny. You expect him to perform some wonder this time around when history has it that he had less than stellar results as per his rule in 1983?

Why did we get it wrong, despite the point of reference we had on Buhari, now President?

undecided

#Excuse my incoherence; just thinking out loud.
Re: Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In by Luckymay(f): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
My sister, the did hast already been done. He's now the president wether you like it or not. .. Do you think our votes counted during the election that saw him to the seat,? I think it's a NO.
With the kinda people backing him up during the campaign (the likes of Tinubu and Co) do you think the election was free and fair? I still maintain, the election was rigged. But we can't keep going backward. We need to work on damage control and since here is not a country where democracy is government for the people rather for "their bellies" we just might not be able to do anything other than to wait for the 4 year tenure to elapse..
I don't know if I will sound vain but each time I watch this movie called '24',I can't help but wonder if the American democracy is different from the one we have here, there you will see how a leader will be so afraid to do anything to enrage the citizens. And If the president starts working out of context, the "house" will set his impeachment process in motion.
But here firstly "lack sense of patriotism.
Our politician's only goal is how to get into power and selfishly turn the National revenue into their private account. Favoritism and nepotism is the order of the day. Look at what is happening in Edo state. Campaign rally is more of a competitive process than the desire to "serve" deliver good governance to the people. I don't want to go into more details but the problem with this country is more than meets the eye. I hope we get out of the mess someday.

1 Like

Re: Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In by ojnnaco(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
I know very well that I will be banned but the truth be told BUHARI IS A NONENTITY,A TYRANT AND A DICTATOR..
Re: Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In by Standing5(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Gaborone:
The only thing our President hasn't told us EXPRESSLY is 'To your tents oh Israel!'.

With his latest jibe at Nigerians (Be the change before you demand the change we promised), I can't help but get very angry at him, and of course, with the general population of Nigerians who voted him in.

I mean, how could we (Read: YOU) vote in a man who didn't say a word when barbarians were killing and maiming youth corps members in his name, after he lost the 2011 elections? Who never came out to play the good loser by calling them to order? How could we (Read: YOU, again) vote in a man who showed his intolerance by subtly (or openly?) calling for bloodshed after he had lost an election? Who didn't really do anything substantial during his time of military rule?

Nigerians are funny. What better way to access a man, than with his precedents, more so, when he hasn't renounced them or shown repentance? You all voted in a man who didn't feel a thing when innocent people were killed because of him after that election, and you expect him to empathise with you when you tell him you cannot buy tomatoes, or your children are stranded abroad? Funny. You expect him to perform some wonder this time around when history has it that he had less than stellar results as per his rule in 1983?

Why did we get it wrong, despite the point of reference we had on Buhari, now President?

undecided

#Excuse my incoherence; just thinking out loud.

You are a bloody razist.

1 Like

Re: Random Thoughts On President Buhari And Those Who Voted Him In by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Standing5:
You are a bloody razist.
I'm interested...how so?

(1) (Reply)

Politics: Jonathan Speaks At Last / Apc, Upp Members Join Pdp In Edo-tribune Newspaper / Obasanjo’s Exit Responsible for PDP Crisis – Gbenga Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.