Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,469 members, 7,801,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics (32068 Views)

Herdsmen: Group Protests In Abuja, Calls For Immediate Arrest Of Ortom, Ishiaku / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) / 3 Suicide Bombers Attempting To Bomb Court In Borno Intercepted By Police (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by mamabomboy: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Anti-Riot Police Prevent #BBOG Protesters From Holding Meeting In Abuja

The clampdown order issued by the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, on the #BringBackOurGirls advocacy group, more anti-riot police officers have been deployed to the Unity Fountain in Abuja in an effort to prevent the activists from holding a meeting.

A large number of combat ready police officers were spotted at the fountain on Thursday morning.

The police chief on Tuesday said that the #BBOG protest constitutes a threat to public peace and order and therefore banned all forms of rally and procession in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and its environs.

According to FCT Police spokesperson Anjuguri Manzah, the command has observed with concern the disregard for the rule of law by some individuals or group of persons with the FCT.

“These indiscriminate actions which are carried out in disorderly and sometimes riotous manner create unwarranted tension and apprehension among law abiding citizens and in the process obstruct legitimate business activities,” Mr. Manzah said.

He also said the command is making it clear that it will continue to be professional in discharging its constitutionally assigned roles in accordance with international best practices, especially as it relates to the fundamental rights of citizens.

“However, the command will not fold its arms and watch some individuals or groups of persons tamper with the existing peaceful atmosphere in the Federal Capital Territory.

“The Command hereby advises any person or group of persons who wish to embark on any demonstration to notify the Commissioner of Police in the FCT in writing and secure approval,” Mr. Manzah added.

#BBOG on Tuesday presented a signed copy of a police permit to the FCT Deputy Commissioner of Police, M.D Garba, that authorized the group to hold the rally, but was ignored as he kept mute. Protesters then stormed the barricade set up by police to prevent them from embarking on their protest.

The group had planned to have a sit-out today at 5:00 p.m. in Abuja.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/09/08/anti-riot-police-prevent-bbog-protesters-holding-meeting-abuja

1 Share

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
I pray God gives Oby Ezekwesili the wisdom to understand that she has been used & dumped..

541 Likes 45 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by mesoprogress(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
Oby should go and rest. This thing is not working. Let her come back and apologize to her ppl for her foolish behavior

251 Likes 19 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by mamabomboy: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
The end of Oby and the gang. After all your struggles, Usman sits in NPA office sipping tea and earning 6figures, while MOPOl is chasing you with Koboko. All fingers are truly not equal.

353 Likes 27 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by PassingShot(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Even though the BBOG campaigners have been too aggressive and unreasonable lately, this is a very wrong move by the government.

Getting irritated by the group's misbehavior (this was attested to by some parents of the Chibok Girls as well) is not the way to handle them. I hope this wrong decision will be rescinded before it's too late.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
It is irresponsible for the Police to issue such an order. This is a show of unprofessionalism, display of rascality, and infringement of the right of BBOG Campaigners to associate and protest.

Though I am completely neutral on this BBOG fiasco, I find it unbelievable for some set of people to take as an hobby in vilifying Madam Oby Ezeks for her insistence in her BBOG project.

She has her right to pursue a cause and owe nobody any apology irrespective of the outcome..

Hate Kills Faster Than Aids

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by ola6: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Mehn, use and dump. PDP never does that. I hate APCSHIT!!! Twats!

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by eyeview: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
To think that this is the same Chibok girls issue that Buhari and APC strongly used against GEJ.
To think that its the same Oby Ezekwesilli that spoke vehemently against GEJ to the extent that she became the darling of APC.
To think that this is the same woman APC as opposition party made their keynote speaker in their leadership summit.
To think that this was a woman whom many thought would (with utomi and soludo) would constitute bulk of Buhari's team.(in fact many voted APC with the belief that they will be in the repositioning team).
To think that her mate has been settled with NPA job while she is hounded like a fugitive.

......clearly shows that she has been used and dumped. Next time she will use her senses.

Somebody should correct me if am wrong but didn't APC somewhere in those numerous lies called campaign promises promise that Buhari if elected will lead in the front to zambiza forest to rescue these girls

312 Likes 25 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by vivalavida(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
*SingingASongByAbba*

The winner takes it all

8 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Paperwhite(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
And now the final nail on the the coffin of the propaganda BBOG group.Mission accomplished.Oby & her group are not only useless but have been declared person non grata.Madam Hadiza have even forgotten you.Oby in your next life when you hear APC,Change etc biko gbawa oso. cry

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by jmoore(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
They need Mbu oh!!! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
She keeps shaming herself.

Sorry for her.

When dem go do her strong thing. She will ask God to forgive what she did to Jonathan govt..

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by ganisucks(f): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is irresponsible for the Police to issue such an order. This is a show of unprofessionalism, display of rascality, and infringement of the right of BBOG Campaigners to associate and protest.

Though I am completely neutral on this BBOG fiasco, I find it unbelievable for some set of people to take as an hobby in vilifying Madam Oby Ezeks for her insistence in her BBOG project.

She has her right to pursue a cause and owe nobody any apology irrespective of the outcome..

Same views held by The Political Platform crew on Raypower. Do you work there.

12 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
But where is lalasticlala now?

They have used and dump the group. In fact police have now banned all forms of rally and demonstration in FCT.

Useless government ...awaiting more orders from Buhari's IG.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by yorubasmustprosper(f): 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
Even though the BBOG campaigners have been too aggressive and unreasonable lately, this is a very wrong move by the government.
Getting irritated by the group's misbehavior (this was attested to by some parents of the Chibok Girls as well) is not the way to handle them. I hope this wrong decision will be rescinded before it's too late.
grin

Now this is what they call hypocrisy..

May almighty God free you of this change chains and grant you solemnity that you may always wish other what you wished yourself..

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by kenny987(f): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
Aggressive? Unreasonable? The group's misbehaviour? How so please?

PassingShot:

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
ganisucks:
Same views held by The Political Platform crew on Raypower. Do you work there.
Absolutely No! I hold my OWN view.

5 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Feraz(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

All of a sudden, they are aggressive? shocked Interesting! You know eh, some of you APC stalwarts are so hypocritical. Lawd!!!

Pray tell, what makes them aggressive? That they are demanding the govt. fulfill its promise of rescuing their daughters? What makes them unreasonable? This same issue this present govt. used to campaign, promising heaven and earth; they are now too "aggressive and unreasonable lately"?

Interesting times ahead concerning this Chibok girls matter, Nigerians!!!

186 Likes 16 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Lusola15: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
change

3 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by kenny987(f): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
When decent citizens were warning and shouting about the tyrannical tendencies of Buhari n crew some useless rats said that it is the tyranny they want. Now even the right to demonstrate and protest has been summarily truncated by the despot and his minions.

As for Ezekwesilly, I'm at a loss for what negative adjective to describe her with cos that's all she deserves; proper dissing and cursing. If no be one thing ehn, she reach to pursue from her husband house! She didn't see Igbo or Southern interests to fight for, it is to allow devilish malus to use her head to propagate an international scam, fighting against her own!
Now, look at her today! Such a disgrace to behold!

It is clear that the Chibok girls crap is only a phantom. The people don act their drama since so now it must end! They expected it to blow over like how Buratai's fraudulent acquisitions on Dubai have been forgotten, how d Minister of Interior, Dambazzau remains in office despite his glaring culpability in all d Arms deals as COAS. Yet ds Oby will not let the dull Nigerian public forget with her BBOG irritation so it's time to bring out d big guns!

Soon if not already done, they will threaten her life if she doesn't back down and if she refuses, d same devils she dined with will see her off with dispatch! She never should have associated her previously good name and sullied her reputation with this monumental deceit of mammoth proportions and now it's set to swallow her up. She's so tainted I doubt any international organisation will even hire her again!

127 Likes 13 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by todayboy: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
And the clown President is asking Nigerian to change

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by idupaul: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
They should not only ban them from Abuja they should all be rounded up and exiled ..Karma definitely has a way of paying traitors ..they Ganged up and we're used to rubbish the govt of Jonathan internationally but now Karma has struck ...the woman at NPA should think she has escaped karma because karma is still boiling the better dish he will serve her

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by idupaul: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
Even though the BBOG campaigners have been too aggressive and unreasonable lately,

Please youngman read what you wrote and tell me if it will be wrong when better Thunder strikes you during next rain you withness.

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Feraz(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The bolded, have they always shown otherwise? grin

idupaul:
They should not only ban them from Abuja they should all be rounded up and exiled ..Karma definitely has a way of paying traitors ..they Ganged up and we're used to rubbish the govt of Jonathan internationally but now Karma has struck ...the woman at NPA should think she has escaped karma because karma is still boiling the better dish he will serve her
And if they are exiled, what will happen to those who orchestrated the kidnap if I were to use your logic of the bolded above or say it was a scam? Don't they deserve some form of punishment too?

2 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by idupaul: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Feraz:
And if they are exiled, what will happen to those who orchestrated the kidnap if I were to use your logic of the bolded above or say it was a scam? Don't they deserve some form of punishment too?

Everybody that politicized the Chibok girl issue should be exiled

4 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by JuanDeDios: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Go to court and vacate the ban.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
What goes around, comes around. Karma is a very wicked and unforgiving bi. tch

20 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by repogirl(f): 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
SERIOUSLY?!!!!! shocked

Madam oby, you see ya life?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by hotspec(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2016

4 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
Dictatorship regime o wa.

10 Likes

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by KAYNINI(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
and the change inspector starts

APC fans haven't seen anything yet

very soon to protest will be treason well right now the expected change starts with us not the government sha

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
This is good news.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Stand With Dogara": House Of Reps Members Are Supporting Dogara (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Visits Orji Uzor Kalu As He Returns From South East / ‘those Celebrating My Downfall Celebrated Too Soon!’ – Ben Murray-bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.