Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church (4001 Views)

Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members / Nigerian Church Uses Nicki Minaj's Photo In Relationship Seminar Poster / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
angry I got tired of going, now they are disturbing my peace. Asking me why i quit? Why wont i quit a place that has become a breeding ground for foolishness and shyness

I am beginning to dislike Nigerian christians, i am afraid they are making me to.

You will see them thinking rationally on every normal day and everywhere but once they step in to the church, they just pack up their brains. Haba!

The swallow everything mr pastor says and dont bother looking them up in the bible.

Pastor say sow seed, papapa. They drop
Thite; same thing
No questions.

Thats how one brainless girl gave her school fees as seed. For wetin, i chop winsh undecided

"Where is it in the bible?" is my amour. No body can deceive me when i have brain.

The sharp contrast in the Nigerian christian behaviour in the church and in their daily lives, is a sad one.

In their D.lives, they wont even let a kobo drop from their wallets without proper and careful calculation. They must get to the root of why they should let go their doughs, even if they have to carry out an extensive research.

I am just tired of these people who let themselves swindled by people that are not their match in the name of "fearing God and his annointed men"

mtswww

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by divinehand2003(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
Oya form your own church now. Lol
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
angry I got tired of going, now they are disturbing my peace. Asking me why i quit? Why wont i quit a place that has become a breeding ground for foolishness and shyness

I am beginning to dislike Nigerian christians, i am afraid they are making me to.

You will see them thinking rationally on every normal day and everywhere but once they step in to the church, they just pack up their brains. Haba!

The swallow everything mr pastor says and dont bother looking them up in the bible.

Thite; same thing
No questions.

Thats how one brainless girl gave her school fees as seed. For wetin, i chop winsh undecided

"Where is it in the bible?" is my amour. No body can deceive me when i have brain.

The sharp contrast in the Nigerian christian behaviour in the church and in their daily lives, is a sad one.

In their D.lives, they wont even let a kobo drop from their wallets without proper and careful calculation. They must get to the root of why they should let go their doughs, even if they have to carry out an extensive research.

I am just tired of these people who let themselves swindled by people that are not their match in the name of "fearing God and his annointed men"

mtswww

Religious fanatics everywhere!!

Churches are now business enterprise.
Most of these Pastors are nothing but motivational speakers.
I don't still know how the deceive people sha but one thing I'm certain of is........ Most religious people are Hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
chubbyG:

Religious fanatics everywhere!!

Churches are now business enterprise.
Most of these Pastors are nothing but motivational speakers.
I don't still know how the deceive people sha but one thing I'm certain of is........ Most religious people are Hypocrites.
True. Is like they think God is a terrorist. 'Let's just do what they said he wants without questions' They dont see him as someone that is aproacheable except they go through a man.

How will they live with him in heaven when they cant go to him themselves. Smh.

btw, are you a christian too?

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by LordNislaz(m): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Are you not stupedinluv? Now you say you have brain. OK, continue.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by kolaish(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
why not look for a church that suits your style. There are so many denominations out there that will not drain your pocket, and take u for who you are. Beside worship, which is the aim of the church, my church seeks to improve members standard of living as well. A family church that I always looks forward to attending everytime where EVERYBODY IS SOMEBODY.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by lastmessenger: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Go to church with your brain is my simple advice to you
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
True. Is like they think God is a terrorist. 'Let's just do what they said he wants without questions' They dont see him as someone that is aproacheable except they go through a man.

How will they live with him in heaven when they cant go to him themselves. Smh.

btw, are you a christian too?

As in ...I'm just tired....
the way they emphasise the TITHE of a thing is alarming...
God knows I'll rather donate to the poor,sick or needy than give a wealthy pastor.

Yeah I'm a Christian
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by mrZENographer: 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thite; same thing
No questions.

mtswww

Firs of all, you have lied by claiming you were a Christian. Secondly, all churches are not the same. There are fake churches (which are many), and there are true churches ( which are few). Some people go to those churches were they can comfortably wear mini skirt and pants. Some go to churches where they initiate them into occultism and society. Most churches don't preach the gospel of righteousness. Your supposed church being among. NOTE: I don't believe ur even a Christian the first place.

But if u want a true church that preach undiluted word then come to The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement@ Ijesha Bustop Lagos.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
kolaish:
why not look for a church that suits your style. There are so many denominations out there that will not drain your pocket, and take u for who you are. Beside worship, which is the aim of the church, my church seeks to improve members standard of living as well. A family church that I always looks forward to attending everytime where EVERYBODY IS SOMEBODY.
Pls whats the name of your church?
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
chubbyG:

As in ...I'm just tired....
the way they emphasise the TITHE of a thing is alarming...
God knows I'll rather donate to the poor,sick or needy than give a wealthy pastor.

Yeah I'm a Christian
I got to know that tithing is unchristian. I was shocked.

So these people are just extorting money from us?

Thank God you are still a Christian because this is what is driving people away.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
oga mrzenographer aka 'anya chukwu' oya clap for yourself. angry
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by rosalieene(f): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrZENographer:

But if u want a true church that preach undiluted word then come to The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement@ Ijesha Bustop Lagos.
Brother moses, Who told you her church is fake.
You are trying to advertise The Lord's Chosen!!
O God pls forgive me for what I want to say now,; why is it that most Lord's chosen members are poor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank God you are still a Christian because this is what is driving people away.
1. Tithing is scriptural.. forget malachi 3:8 and read Hebrew 7.
2. Tithing is a choice not by force.
3. Have you ask yourself this question? how some churches were built without donation for church building? Thats what your tithe does. Its also used for the work of the ministry and propagation of the gospel.

Tithing is not the only access to God's blessing but its important cos that is the only way the church get funded for the work of the ministry.

NOTE: Any church where the pastor or leader uses the tithe for their personal use can never grow and cannot stay for long.....
Good to know you made the Bible your standard for living and knowing the truth....

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
rosalieene:

Brother moses, Who told you her church is fake.
You are trying to advertise The Lord's Chosen!!
O God pls forgive me for what I want to say now,; why is it that most Lord's chosen members are poor.
Cos of their ignorance... they think the rich can never make heaven so they stay poor...
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by stiles009(m): 12:31am On Sep 09, 2016
U are probably right, but you my friend sound nothing like a Christian. Not that I am one myself sha.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by stiles009(m): 12:33am On Sep 09, 2016
polymathic:
Cos of their ignorance... they think the rich can never make heaven so they stay poor...

Gullible people, their pastors are rich, too rich in fact.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 3:38am On Sep 09, 2016
Stupedinluv:

ahahahah.. Thank God.
but it's true anyway,being a Christian is actually living a Christ-like life,not donating money for some MSN to buy jets.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by rosalieene(f): 7:08am On Sep 09, 2016
chubbyG:

ahahahah.. Thank God.
but it's true anyway,being a Christian is actually living a Christ-like life,not donating money for some MSN to buy jets.
The only problem is if the so-called pastors are using it for their personal use because money is important in the running of any organization and "the church" is an organization.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by amicable09(f): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Stupedinluv:

I'm smiling going through your thread.
I know people, very many of them while in school who sowed their tuition and accommodation fees as seed of faith. And no one of them was stranded at any time. It's the measure of their Faith.

Over to tithing, who told you it's unchristian? Where did you read that your 'tithe' should be given to the poor? I don't get this new doctrines I see springing up in many quarters these days. If you're paying tithe, it is clear -the purpose. It is for meat to be in the storehouse not for the poor outside. What you give to the poor outside, no matter the percentage is not tithe! That's my understanding of the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2016
rosalieene:

The only problem is if the so-called pastors are using it for their personal use because money is important in the running of any organization and "the church" is an organization.

The church teaches us to take care of our pastors...,not pastors compelling us with their man-made doctrines,telling us all sort of lies and backing it up with the BIBLE...

I'm sure you know a couple of pastors who have Porsche,limousine,private jets and BODY guards....
I'm not saying a pastor shouldn't have all these things ,but they get these things through extortion.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by nowpresence(f): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2016
I don't understand the op, it's not as if you Were forced to attend. If you are tired you leave.
And for offering and tithes, it's not a must to put them. Nobody can force you to do what you don't want to do.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2016
rosalieene:

in btw..
hmn....You're a twin??
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by rosalieene(f): 9:10am On Sep 09, 2016
chubbyG:

in btw.. hmn....You're a twin??
yep
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by chubbyG(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2016
rosalieene:
yep
okk Happy birthday in arrears.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by joseph1832(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2016
amicable09:

I'm smiling going through your thread.
I know people, very many of them while in school who sowed their tuition and accommodation fees as seed of faith. And no one of them was stranded at any time. It's the measure of their Faith.

Over to tithing, who told you it's unchristian? Where did you read that your 'tithe' should be given to the poor? I don't get this new doctrines I see springing up in many quarters these days. If you're paying tithe, it is clear -the purpose. It is for meat to be in the storehouse not for the poor outside. What you give to the poor outside, no matter the percentage is not tithe! That's my understanding.
Em, and who is going to eat this meat? Hope not the pastors or reverends?
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by amicable09(f): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2016
joseph1832:
Em, and who is going to eat this meat? Hope not the pastors or reverends?
Lol. Why don't you want it to be them? cheesy
Them no dey hungry?

Ok. Scriptures make us understand that the Levites, that is the priests were not meant to own land (work), therefore for them to survive and be nourished, those from the other tribes who had landed property were obligated to tithe 10% of what they got so that there will be meat (food) in God's house.

That's the idea.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by joseph1832(m): 9:47am On Sep 09, 2016
amicable09:

Them no dey hungry?

Ok. Scriptures make us understand that the Levites, that is the priests were not meant to own land (work), therefore for them to survive and be nourished, those from the other tribes who had landed property were obligated to tithe 10% of what they got so that there will be meat (food) in God's house.

That's the idea.
When did Nigerian pastors and reverends become Levites? I'll have you know men of God today, not only own landed properties, they own companies, cars etc, all amounting to millions of naira.

So giving this set of people your 10% is just wasting your resources and adding to theirs...

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by frubben(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2016
I am tired of talking, so I stop going to their organization. Because going there I will see bullshit and if I see bullshit I talk. So I don't want to talk.

Sis no tire ooo just stop buying what dey are selling salvation is personal. Do u thing as a christian, help the poor. Live by H.O.P.E

H ----- Help
O ----- One
P ----- Person
E ----- Everyday

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by twosquare(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2016
Stupedinluv:

tithing is scriptural but it's not in the New Testament for a reason. The reason is Act 4:32, which no Church in the world is doing because someone is missing and the knowledge of Him has not reached its fullness. This is the reason Tithing is not needed in NT. But now, if you believe in it (not cajole or forced or swindled), it will work for you as a covenant, not as a necessity or that because it's the popular norm. If you don't believe in it, nothing dey happen, only be a cheerful giver, both in, Church and outside, being a sweet smelling fragrance to the Lord, for at the appointed time, your good deeds shall be remembered before the Lord like Cornelius.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Jozzy4: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2016
amicable09:

Them no dey hungry?

That's the idea.

Your Naija pastors are sons of Aaron ? grin
chai

even in the bible apostle Paul said his own hands work to cater for his needs

3 Likes

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by twosquare(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thite; same thing
No questions.

mtswww

Don't be tired of the Lord's Church, for at the appointed time when He shall restore His people and remove chaffs and earthly materials used in His building, ye shall be able to partake of the Blessing.

When you go to the gathering of the saints, go with your faith and the Lord's eyes. Do not go with your brain, for earthly reasoning cannot discern spiritual matters. Rather go with your spiritual eyes (the eyes of the Lord) to discern and perceive the words, atmosphere and the Preacher if they are of the truth and speaking the truth according to the doctrine of the Lord Jesus. For many among those who call His name, have gone out into the world (even though they're in the Church), teaching vain things, telling lies with deceitfulness and speaking twisted truth. Their god is now their belly.

Be like the Berean Christians, who still scrutinized our brother's teachings, Apostle Paul, despite being a mighty Apostle. For many are now among us, who are not from Him nor of Him, using the scriptures for their personal gains, teaching things that are anti-God and the growth of His Church. Soon, He Whose fan is in His hand shall visit His Church, and He will throughly purge His floor, and gather His wheat into the garner.

Do not use your brain, try and get and use the Lord's eyes. Even with your brain, you can still get deceived, for higher deception cometh that no brain can withstand, after which earthly men shall wonder after. But you need the eyes of Him before whom all things are naked.

Greetings to all saints.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The African Atheist / Deaths By Religious Wars,democides And Attrocities Vs Those By The Irreligious / E-money: Mr Colling Ezenwa Is Dead (see Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.