Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 (737 Views)

Thunder Struck Kemi Olunloyo After Calling Olamide A Ritualist In 2016 / Lady Regrets Ignoring Miracle, BBNaija Winner, In 2016 / Highest Paid Musicians In Nigeria In 2016 - T.I.N Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by IamOpemipo(m): 5:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Our dear country Nigeria has been faced with different challenges since the beginning of the year ranging from financial, security and economy challenges, in spite of all these the Nigerian 'never say die spirit' and ruggedity kepts us going and one the major things that epp lift the spirit of every hustling Nigerian out there, especially the youth is our music..

..but unfortunately the Nigerian entertainment music industry hasn't been spared from the ongoing fall back rampaging on every sector in the country. There has been decline in the quality of songs churned out this year, 2016.

We have seen more fight than a hit song this year alone ranging from club fights to online diss/beef , no thanks to the two Nigerian music heavyweights, Olamide and Don jazzy who opened the floor @ the wee hours of 2nd Jan 2016, since then the industry has never been the same, people attack one another @ the slightest provocation, fans, artist even record label are all guilty of this.

U might wanna argue that a lot of materials has been released this year from various singles to albums and international collaborations which is true, but how many of them has been massive?

The music industry has never been this dull in recent years, this time last year we already had more than 10 hit songs disturbing the airwaves and most of them are still what we hear DJs play on radios and clubs till now...

..hope were raised when davido promised to dish out 2 EPs tis month but still disappointed fans in a recent online rant,same with wizkid who's busy covering foreign songs nd neglected his naija fans, where is badoo when u need him?

Bigups to phyno he gave us fadafada, kiss Daniel and Adekunle Gold una head dey dia too..save for those I mentioned and a few others (if there are others @ all sef)..most of our artist are not meeting up to expectations, when compared to their works in the previous years.

Cos this ish got me wondering what the award categories will b like this year? Who's the artiste of the year? Song of the year? And the rest of them, buh one thing seem so sure: mediocrity will shine in the absence of talent! Cos som1 will stil have to win.

But then, I believe there is still hope, we are in the last quarter of the year and there's still room for improvement, artist should focus more on their craft than engage in fruitless online beefs. The whole of Africa look up to us and we cannot afford to slow down now that the world expect a lot from us..nuff said!

Written by Iamopemipo
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by IamOpemipo(m): 5:34am On Sep 09, 2016
Lalasticlala e epp mi for frontpage sir

Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by AntiWailer: 5:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Which of the music industry is dull ?

Naaaaa

I dnt think so.

The guys have been releasing hit songs.
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by IamOpemipo(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2016
AntiWailer:
Which of the music industry is dull ?

Naaaaa

I dnt think so.

The guys have been releasing hit songs.

Gimme 5 hit song from this year alone
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by Bustyme(f): 6:57am On Sep 09, 2016
Op ur right very dull,buh olamide still gave some hits tho
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by IamOpemipo(m): 7:03am On Sep 09, 2016
Bustyme:
Op ur right very dull,buh olamide still gave some hits tho

Sure he tried buh not up to his own standard, look @ bobo, melomelo and lagos boiz from last year none of his current wrks cld be compared to dem, mayb abule sowo, buh the song fizzled out b4 the 3rd quarter of d year
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by AntiWailer: 7:08am On Sep 09, 2016
IamOpemipo:

Gimme 5 hit song from this year alone

Tekno - Pana
Ycee - Omo Alhaji
Fada Fada - Phyno
Reekado Banks - Oluwa Ni
Mayorkun - Eleko

They are plenty. That 5 is jst from my one of my playlist
Re: The 'dullness' Of Our Music Industry In 2016 by tammyboy1(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2016
Next hit.. Skuki ft phyno-e pass go...someone tell the skuki brothers to promote that song wella

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Photos Of Ex Nollywood Actress And Her Kids / LOL- Relieve The Moment An Ibadan Boy Bought A New Phone And Took His First Self / Kim Little Sister Kylie Jenner Denies Having An Implant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.