Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award (33795 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament / FOOTBALL: Salah Bag UEFA Champions League Player Of The Week Award / MFM FC Striker Nominated For CNN Goal Of The Week Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 09, 2016
Kelechi Iheanacho's wonder strike in the Super Eagles' 1-0 win against Tanzania in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier has won the CNN Goal of the Week award.

"Congratulations to the latest CNN Goal of the Week winner, Kelechi Iheanacho!" CNN Football wrote on their official Twitter handle on Thursday.

Iheancho unleashed a left-foot strike from outside the 18-yard box which flew past Tanzania keeper Aishi Manula who had an outstanding game.

The win secured second place finish for the Eagles behind Group G winners and sole qualifiers Egypt.

The Nigerian had the best minutes- per-goal ratio in the entire Premier League last season, scoring on average every 93.8 minutes.

Smashing through a glass ceiling that traditionally has proven so troublesome for young players aiming to make it in the world's richest league, the 19-year-old scored 14 goals in just 11 starts last season -- suggesting he has the mettle to become one of the most clinical finishers in Europe.

With key striker Sergio Aguero serving a three-match ban, Iheanacho could start against United Saturday.

"City were a club on the way up," Iheanacho tells CNN, reflecting on his perception of the club when he joined, shortly after winning the U17 World Cup with Nigeria.

"Coming from Nigeria where I was often unable to afford to watch the Premier League, I'm very proud to be playing here. It has been a great experience coming to Manchester."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/iheanacho-wins-cnn-goal-of-the-week-to-start-against-man-united/161913.html

Watch the stunning goal here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5AiEiM3xAo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Rednaxelot: 8:46am On Sep 09, 2016
Ya, the screamer deserves an award!

it's been so long I saw that kinda goal scored by a SE player. seems Sunday Oliseh's goal against Spain in 1998 got that kinda applaud from me.

May God give the wonder boy, Kelechi Ihenacho the strength and power to be among the world best sportmen(not only footballer) and be major injury free.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2016
Fascinating expliots from the prodigy. I anticipate more of these from him.

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by oloriooko(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2016
The guy has a great future ahead of him wish him an injury free season with City

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by lexyman(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2016
A well deserved award , I like player that can shoulder the problem of his team, he knows that the team needs a goal and he went for it . Not just a goal but a scintillating one!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Congrats Son kiss

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by kechywillz(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2016
I don't know why I like this boy so much. #nohomo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by salabscholar01(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
ok
Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by GossipHeart(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Name checkers association of Nigeria, Ogun state branch

Why always the igbos ??
Why can't other tribes achieve success like my eastern brothers ??

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by truthspeaks: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Congrats to a citizen of the land of d Jews or Name Checkers assoc (South west region), wat do u tink?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Flashh: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
This guy keeps getting the attention without looking it. His performances does that for him.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by GossipHeart(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Why are igbo guys so talented and successful ??

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by aninexzy(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Congrats to ihenacho.

6 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Good for him!
Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by MadCow1: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
I hope Man City treats him well and allows him grow..

If he were at the Olympics, na Gold for sure pass for us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Fabulosdave01: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2016
Nice. Keep reapping us
Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by freesinzu(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2016
Iheanacho the golden boy.
The second African to win the balon d or

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by odeebee: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
More of him is yet to be unleashed. DAT guy is an epitome of talent. Upon his skills he is very humble.

God bless you Kelly

6 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
i see a legend!!

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Drienzia: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
G
Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by paparazy06(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Xtracoool(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
Rednaxelot:
it's been so long I saw that kinda goal scored by a SE player. seems Sunday Oliseh's goal against Spain in 1998 got that kinda applaud from me.
May God give the wonder boy, Kelechi Ihenacho the strength and power to be among the world best sportmen(not only footballer) and be major injury free.

Must you tell us he is from the South East.. Ehnn... Nairaland and tribalism.. *zuma's picture*

Na joke oo grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by cruzita(f): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
seems like we have another okocha in the making .But he still has a long way to go before he can fill in okocha's boot.

Raw talent

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by truthspeaks: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
Name checkers association will be silent on dis but if na negative news, they wld hv crowded dis thread
GossipHeart:

13 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2016
Igbos and Achievement...

Nah so..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by cruzita(f): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2016
GossipHeart:
because we are the Israelites

22 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
Rednaxelot:

he should go and play for another country while he is still young

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by yankeedude(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
I hope this guy continue to maintain his form and not get carried away. He is a bundle of skills.

Play for another country ke? When he has already played for Nigeria. The rules are well spelt out. Maybe you want him to play for another country in another planet abi, maybe Mercury,Mars or Jupiter grin grin grin
SmartChoices:

he should go and play for another country while he is still young

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by loomer: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
From glory to glory. Continue bro
Re: Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award by Anabel(f): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
Well deserved award

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Chelsea Manager Tuchel Already Planning A Reshuffle. See Changes / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt / Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.