Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) (2965 Views)

Gameplay Of New Games On PS4, XBOX And PC / Official FIFA 18 Thread (ps4/xbox One/pc) / Pes 2017 Official Thread (pc, Ps3 ,ps4,xbox One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2016
I posted this earlier on the updates & news thread, but today is the day, so here we go again. It will be available to download today, so I expect y'all to be ready. Youmour, your PABLO* ass better not miss road.
*yes, I said it grin

Requirements:
No PS+ required on PS4.
Xbox Live Gold required to play on XO.

Size:
PS4: 9GB
XO: 15GB

The one important question:
Q. Will my progress from the Free Weekend carry over if I purchase Overwatch: Origins Edition later?
A. Yes. Any progression you earn, including levels as well as skins and other items you get from Loot Boxes, will carry over to the full game if you purchase Overwatch: Origins Edition on Xbox One or PlayStation 4—just be sure you purchase the game on the same console account you played on during this free weekend.

Your stats will also be retained. (Trophies and achievements, however, have been disabled for the Free Weekend.)

PC folks, don't cry too much. tongue wink
https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/blog/20243911

UPDATE: It's live now. Sony messed up, took them about 14 minutes to update PSN. Select "Try Free Demo" on the Overwatch PSN page.

1 Share

Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:
I posted this earlier on the updates & news thread, but today is the day, so here we go again. It will be available to download today, so I expect y'all to be ready. Youmour, your PABLO* ass better not miss road.
*yes, I said it grin

Requirements:
No PS+ required on PS4.

Size:

9gb is too big to waste for just one weekend, for a game i probably wouldn't buy, shebi na here i still dey look for uncharted CD to buy since
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
youmour:

9gb is too big to waste for just one weekend, for a game i probably wouldn't buy, shebi na here i still dey look for uncharted CD to buy since
But your stats will be carried over when you do buy the game, as long as you're using the same account. Personally, I've every intention of getting the game, I'm just waiting for the price to drop. Even with its few modes, you'll never pay for DLC, Blizzard will probably support it until the end of time and it really works with team dynamics, it's not just concerned about your K/D ratio.

Unlike The Division, whose beta I played, but with all the current updates and the douchebags in the Dark Zone, I've decided to not get it ever (seriously, I talked myself out of getting it at my local CeX, where it's currently £20 because I remembered all the new updates & the trolls in DZ).

So PABLO, I'm waiting-o...
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

But your stats will be carried over when you do buy the game, as long as you're using the same account. Personally, I've every intention of getting the game, I'm just waiting for the price to drop. Even with its few modes, you'll never pay for DLC, Blizzard will probably support it until the end of time and it really works with team dynamics, it's not just concerned about your K/D ratio.

Unlike The Division, whose beta I played, but with all the current updates and the douchebags in the Dark Zone, I've decided to not get it ever (seriously, I talked myself out of getting it at my local CeX, where it's currently £20 because I remembered all the new updates & the trolls in DZ).

So PABLO, I'm waiting-o...

Okay you got me with the free DLC part, oya i dey download, i only hope i get to see the CD to buy in this God forsaken country i dey
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
youmour:

Okay you got me with the free DLC part, oya i dey download, i only hope i get to see the CD to buy in this God forsaken country i dey
See you at 7pm. Blizzard should have allowed pre-loading, it's definitely going to be hectic tonight. Wait a sec, you're claiming Yankee, use whatever your corresponding time is. What am I saying? It would still be 7pm Naija time.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
cao:

See you at 7pm. Blizzard should have allowed pre-loading, it's definitely going to be hectic tonight. Wait a sec, you're claiming Yankee, use whatever your corresponding time is. What am I saying? It would still be 7pm Naija time.

I thought you said it was out already na, my wifi is messing up at the moment hopefully it will be up by then... Sigh, i also get 15gb destiny update. Make dem just kill me already
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
youmour:

I thought you said it was out already na, my wifi is messing up at the moment hopefully it will be up by then... Sigh, i also get 15gb destiny update. Make dem just kill me already

I said "it will be available..." That's why I put the screenshot of the times. Na you way dey kill yourself for never ending Destiny...
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by Emeka71(m): 3:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Nice move.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Last day. Youmour you don miss plenty.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
cao:
Last day. Youmour you don miss plenty.

embarassed don't remind me, so is it actually worth buying at the end of the day? Don't you play uncharted online?
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
youmour:

embarassed don't remind me, so is it actually worth buying at the end of the day? Don't you play uncharted online?
I'll definitely get it, it's really good when you've got friends playing or when you have a team that actually works together towards the objective. You would have been proud, my aiming impaired ass was on fire yesterday. Wow, can't remember when I last played Uncharted online.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2016
Now, it's officially closed. Good game, even better when playing with friends. Very good for the aiming impaired.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by brightpre(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
cao:
Now, it's officially closed. Good game, even better when playing with friends. Very good for the aiming impaired.
please I have one question, can u voice chat with other players in overwatch.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
brightpre:
please I have one question, can u voice chat with other players in overwatch.
Yes.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by bufness(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
cao:
*yes, I said it grin

Requirements:
No PS+ required on PS4.

Size:

UPDATE: It's live now. Sony messed up, took them about 14 minutes to update PSN. Select "Try Free Demo" on the Overwatch PSN page.
sup cao been looking for you lol, just have a question i wanna set up my xbox1, nd i was told told i need a stepdown, so i was wondering if i could use a stabilizer instead?
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
bufness:
sup cao been looking for you lol, just have a question i wanna set up my xbox1, nd i was told told i need a stepdown, so i was wondering if i could use a stabilizer instead?
Err...I'm not the right person to ask. But, I'm assuming this is to protect your console from NEPA? Na UPS me I know. I also keep hearing stepdown and inverter from everybody else. A stabiliser doesn't seem like the right choice, since it will also turn off when NEPA (or whatever name they're answering) do what they do best.
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by purplekayc(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
cao:
*yes, I said it grin

Requirements:
No PS+ required on PS4.

Size:

why no pc?
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
purplekayc:
why no pc?
Ask Blizzard Entertainment. You could also ask Ubisoft why they're only giving PC gamers free games for their #Ubi30 anniversary...

1 Like

Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by purplekayc(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
cao:

Ask Blizzard Entertainment. You could also ask Ubisoft why they're only giving PC gamers free games for their #Ubi30 anniversary...
thanks cheesy
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by HyDef(m): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
bufness:

Listen mate, not the same thing. I'm assuming your Xbox might have been bought from North America? The reason you'd need a step-down would be because your console uses 110v.

An easy way to ascertain this is to check the power brick and look for 'input' and what is written beside it. If it's 110v, then you definitely need a step down transformer, NOT the same as a stabilizer.

If it's 220v, then no step-down needed. But use a stab, just to keep the voltage entering the console stable. And a UPS if you wanna be able to turn it off properly.

It might be 110v-220v, in which case you can use it as well, without a step-down. But once again, I suggest you protect your stuff with a stab/ups.

A little story to tell you to drive the point home.

When I returned from Canada, I came with my Xbox. 110v. We got a step-down and everything. As a stupid kid, one day the voltage was low, and there I was, wondering why it wouldn't turn on. Bright idea.

'maybe the voltage is too low? '

Push the plug into the 220v slot of the transformer (it was a step up/step down transformer)...

Boom!

Anyway, it was later fixed, but just trying to let you know what might happen if you use a higher voltage than stated as Input.

And sorry for the derail. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by bufness(m): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
HyDef:

Listen mate, not the same thing. I'm assuming your Xbox might have been bought from North America? The reason you'd need a step-down would be because your console uses 110v.

An easy way to ascertain this is to check the power brick and look for 'input' and what is written beside it. If it's 110v, then you definitely need a step down transformer, NOT the same as a stabilizer.

If it's 220v, then no step-down needed. But use a stab, just to keep the voltage entering the console stable. And a UPS if you wanna be able to turn it off properly.

It might be 110v-220v, in which case you can use it as well, without a step-down. But once again, I suggest you protect your stuff with a stab/ups.

A little story to tell you to drive the point home.

When I returned from Canada, I came with my Xbox. 110v. We got a step-down and everything. As a stupid kid, one day the voltage was low, and there I was, wondering why it wouldn't turn on. Bright idea.

'maybe the voltage is too low? '

Push the plug into the 220v slot of the transformer (it was a step up/step down transformer)...

Boom!

Anyway, it was later fixed, but just trying to let you know what might happen if you use a higher voltage than stated as Input.

And sorry for the derail. embarassed
Thanks its 110v,so i should def get the stepown
Re: Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) by cao(f): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
It's back again this weekend, from the 18-21 November 2016. Now available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
PS+, Xbox Live Gold and Battle.net account needed respectively.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Only 10 Types Of Games Nigerian Gamers Should Play !!! / Can Someone Tell Me How To Download Games From The Internet? / Help!!! Games Are Not Installing On My PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.