Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) (34533 Views)

Cult Threats, Jealousy Made Me Kill My ‘godson’, His Girlfriend – Suspect (pic) / I Used To Conjure Knives From The Air ―teenage Suspect (pic) / 11-yr-old Threatened To Report Me If I Didn’t Have Sex With Her —suspect (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by dre11(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2016
•We didn’t intend to kill him –Suspect

By Christopher Oji

For seven hours,armed robbers recently laid a seige to the apartment of a couple in Ikorodu area of Lagos recently.

The landlord who is simply called John, was ordered to lie face down for the entire period. At the end of the ordeal,and as the hoodlums were about to leave,they found the victim dead,possibly of cardiac arrest.

The suspect, who led the gang, Akin Ayotunde,recalled what happened in the seven-hour siege.

Ayotunde, who was paraded, yesterday by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, said,” on the fateful day, about two weeks now. Ahmed brought information that we would get good money and other valuables from a family. I don’t know the family’s name. We were five who went there.

“We were armed with cutlasses,daggers and iron rods. When we arrived in the house,we scaled through the fence. As we jumped inside the compound,the owner came out and challenged us,but when he saw that we were armed and many,he surrendered himself to us. I told him to cooperate, as we won’t hurt him. We marched him to his sitting room, where we met his wife and children watching home video. The family did not wait for instruction from us as they lay face down.

“We took the children to one of the rooms where we locked them up while we marched the wife to her room and collected some jewellery,three phones and some personal effects. When we got to the parlour where the man was lying,he was snoring abnormally I was wondering what was wrong with a man whose house was under attack and he would be sleeping and snoring.

“I searched his pockets, and I collected N20,000. I don’t know why he should be having that kind of money in his pocket. Well, we collected the wife’s ATM card which one of us used to collect about N60,000 in her account. We came inside the house at about 9 pm, and thought that if we left at about 10pm we may run into the police or vigilance group. We stayed back. We opened the refrigerator, collected some fruits. We ate to our fill.

“The unexpected happened at about 4am as we were about leaving. We packed some items like Plasma television, Laptops, shoes and many other things. We needed the key to his Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), We started waking him up, but the man did not respond.. I suspected danger. I checked his pulse, I did not need a doctor to tell me that the man has died of hypertension.

“I called him a coward,because,we did not harass the family. Why did the man die?Well,we saw the key to the vehicle and we packed the loot and drove off around 4.20am before the wife could discover and raise the alarm.

“I think it was the man’s blood that found me out. I took the car to a dealer,Enyojo. He wanted to sell the car and the buyer knew the owner. They called the police. They set me up. I was told to come for the money at Ojota. When I got there,I was arrested.

“I have begged God for forgiveness. God knows that we did not intend to kill the man.I know he will forgive me, because I am an orphan. I lost my parents at the age of two. I am an Igbo man, but my grandmother, a Yoruba, brought me up. That is why I bear Yoruba name.” he said.

Owoseni said the suspect was helping the police on how to arrest the rest of the gang.

http://sunnewsonline.com/landlord-dies-of-heart-attack-during-7-hour-ordeal-with-robbers/

Pic credit: http://thenationonlineng.net/victim-may-died-heart-attack-says-robbery-suspect/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by thorpido(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2016
Why did you go to his house to rob him in the first place?You still robbed him of his life.

40 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by NZAGHA(f): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2016
To the person that killed that landlord.... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by olumaxi(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2016
Super story...may u slowly rot in hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by herzern(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
The suspect, who led the gang, Akin Ayotunde

I am an Igbo man, but my grandmother, a Yoruba, brought me up. That is why I bear Yoruba name
Lol.....Na dem....

I been dey fear when I see dah name....

Buh....he later shaa confess....

48 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
this change sef. nothin pesin no go hear

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by VisitorsCanteen(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bad news cry
Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
"I am an Igbo man, but my grandmother, a Yoruba, brought me up. That is why I bear Yoruba name.” he said. shocked shocked shocked

"We opened the refrigerator, collected some fruits. We ate to our fill." Buhari sef embarassed embarassed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
You're igbo, but your grandmother a yoruba woman brought you up?? Please please please don't try confusing the name checkers o

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by shikshark: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Beehshorp(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
Stories that touch... Although I might be forced to believe dat u guys didn't intend to kill him but definitely u guys brought him closer to his death...

I suspect the landlord remembered that this chains era would last till 2019 dat also myt av been another casual effect of his death...

Rip landlord

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Akshow: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
Name checkers association of Nigeria in a dilemma

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by chicagoPD(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
You were raised by a yoruba but the igbo blood is still running in you. Ole grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by emmanwandud(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ncan umbrella has given their verdict as inconclusive bcs the culprit has decided to hold dual citizenship maybe the afonjas would lay claim to him

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by sekem: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
Actually, I came here to check names.

But on hearing this: "I am an Igbo man, but my grandmother, a Yoruba, brought me up. That is why I bear Yoruba name.", now I am so confused.

I don't know what to do or say again. embarassed

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Umarlulu: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
Wasted sperm your body would tell you.

8 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Tuljaking(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
idiot all the loots converted to $ is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by KELECHUKWU89: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
See his chimpazim face..... sad sad sad angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nawa o.

I am igbo but was brought up by my grandmother who was yoruba

NCAN members right now...

14 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by bossman2017(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
change d change.....he died thinking of how he'll recover hi stolen items in this change era

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Rosheedah(f): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
That's not an excuse jare
Being an orphan doesn't justify your robbing him whatsoever. ...may God forgive you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by personalview(m): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
through your acts he died, which makes u responsible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by swagdopey: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
What is wrong with this man oo. He is trying to confuse the name checkers association of Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by henrydadon(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
arm robbery is one of the worst thing in life to ever experience

5 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by addicted268(f): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lol name checkers are in a dilemma. grin
On a serious note Rip to d baba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by henrydadon(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
Caisenes:
You're igbo, but your grandmother a yoruba woman brought you up?? Please please please don't try confusing the name checkers o

NCAN chicago branch reporting live for duties

there seem to be a little bit of confusion going on with the identity of this individual

so we implore u to please be patient with us as we check the name for confirmation of his tribe and the blood that runs through his vein

we shall get back to you shortly with our result in a few moment

thank you for your patience

*over and out*

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Taryur3(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
I hate robbers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by mekonglobal(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
emmanwandud:
Ncan umbrella has given their verdict as inconclusive bcs the culprit has decided to hold dual citizenship maybe the afonjas would lay claim to him
gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
Caisenes:
Lol.
Re: Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) by NosaHenry(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
For name checkers this is 50/50 for afonja vs brafia

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Beats Wife To Coma Over Money In Abuja (Photos) / Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment / Background, Exploits, Victims Of Evans, Nigeria’s Most Dreaded Kidnap Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.