Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! (986 Views)

Billionaires With Surprisingly Frugal Money Habits / Attention: Take A Look At My Bank Account In This Hard Times (screenshot) / Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by salabscholar01(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Good morning Nairalanders. I will like to share this with us, this moment. It may help just one person or a family too. Other people's Perspective may help us a lot today... Obviously we are in tough times in the country today. Confident grows large from the saying that "tough times don't last, but tough people do"...

Nigerians face several conditions today that are sending many to food banks and soup kitchens for the first time in their lives, simply because they can't afford both food for their families and the costs of living in the modern world. Obviously, if you can't change the economy, you must learn to change your economy.

I make a review to into some scenarios, popped up a collections for a self-survival and for the benefit of people who are just like me... Please we add some other ideas on the replies too, as this may not be comprehensive enough to serve the larger population. It's all about perspective... Though this is an era we must carry others along to survive together. Below are the ten simple ways to still cope once more. To survive today, do the following.

1, Start Living Frugally

There are some things that are necessary but not important. Some are so important, but not necessary... If you say yes, sometimes your bank account must learn to say NO... For example, if the super-stores are getting tougher, switch to a lower shop down the road, or the local kiosk owners. If it has not expired, you can still consume it...

2, Can You Bring Home More Income?

Most of us are crying on spending alone without thinking on how to take the advantages of tough situations...we should also consider additional ways that can start bringing in more money, residually. For those of us who spend a lot of time on social media, e.g Nairaland, here's an opportunity to build a business, meet with reasonable people... talk less on politics, explore the business forum and stay abreast with the world. Majority of us here are victims of this... will never want to check into a forum that is a non celebrity, romance, or politics..

3. Stop Going Out

We must be willing to make sacrifices...For some of us, this is like the world coming to an end. But really there is life outside of the social scene, the weekend bars and nightclubs or restaurant outings that drain wallet's, including those ladies who are predators.. chose a new hubby and redirect your energy to the opposite. Cut costs and look back again each time your wallet says no

4 Pack the SUV

Every day I see people in my area jumping in their vehicles and heading off to work -- 20 to 30 miles away I'm sure for many of them actually wants to be bossy and look keeping up with the Joneses.. Take public cabs and cut cost. I know this might sound low to your reputation but sincerely most of the filling stations are not funny today. Try this for a month and compare it to when you drive down to work in your own car, you'll discover that you're really spending large amounts of money annually on transportation on private cars than the cabs.

5 Stop Spending Money

STOP -- don't reach for the phone and call the first person that comes to mind. Communications must be done with reasons... Calls is a spirit not a duty. Phones are meant for emergencies and nothing more. This is the obvious step to take. Often though we simply can't stop spending money. There's always something else that pops up. Especially with families. But look what happens when you simply run out of money. You stop spending. Purchases you felt compelled to make suddenly get delayed or put off or forgotten completely. And the world still goes around. You wake up to see another day. The world hasn't come to an end simply because you're broke that day and have no money to spend.

6. Stop Complaining
Anybody can be a CEO. Get engaged into something profitable. Engagement bypasses pessimism, says saggerston... Roll up your sleeves, stand up, explore for an idea, be it business or where you can be an apprentice, irrespective of your graduate qualifications... With time, when you do what you love, you will love what you do. Remember happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness.

7. Don't Eat Off That Last Cake

I believe this is the time to start loving your job. There are usually no greener grasses on the other side of the field. You do not know how others on the other sides of the fence are walking on broken paths out there. We usually see it smooth. But ask them, you will understand really good.

You can't eat your cake and have it. The proverb literally means "you cannot both possess your cake and eat it". Once the cake is eaten, it is gone. It can be used to say that one cannot or should not have or want more than one deserves or can handle, or that one cannot or should not try to have two incompatible things. The case is true when you have no better opportunities in sight and will start feeling dumb to leave the current job. The streets is never friendly. Remember, "an idle mind is always the devil's workshop."

8.Pray......

Add your own, these are mine!

source: Me

CC: seun lalasticlala, mynd44 let us help.
Re: Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by budosky(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2016
Iyanu ma shélé

1 Like

Re: Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by salabscholar01(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2016
budosky:
Iyanu ma shélé
Bro 'english' please

1 Like

Re: Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by Benjom(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2016
This is the season of "Stop Spending Any-how-ly".

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by salabscholar01(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2016
Benjom:
This is the season of "Stop Spending Any-how-ly".
grin
Re: Recession: 8 Frugal Ways To Survive The Current Hard Times! by luvlyoracle(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Start MMM....Contact me to more info.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed Exporting 200kg Of Flour To Belgium. / Gotv Free Subsription October Promo / What Business Can I Do With 500K?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.