Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:35 PM

Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective (2531 Views)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Attack On Jonathan: Oshiomhole Is A Villa Sycophant , Says Orubebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2009
The law abiding citizens of Edo State, specifically Benin are under siege by kidnappers, and the Oshiom Ole’s government has no real solution. . . just hot air. Can this so-called activist really govern? And why is the state Assembly not trying to impeach him for non-performance?

Edo NUJ condemns ITV GM’s abduction

By Gabriel Enogholase

BENIN—Edo State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ)  has condemned in strong terms the abduction, last weekend, of the General Manager of the Independent Television/Radio, Mr. Martins Ekpeh, as well as other cases of kidnapping in the state.

The union, in a statement in Benin yesterday, signed by its Secretary, Mr. Uchechukwu Olisah, observed that the security situation in the state whereby law abiding citizens or residents no longer go about their lawful duties freely or move freely within the ambit of the laws of the land, was very worrisome and counterproductive.

According the statement, “the siege which the people of Edo State have been subjected to in recent times by these agents of counter-culture, is even more disturbing, given the presence of the members of Edo State government’s elite anti-kidnapping/crime outfit named, “Operation Thunderstorm” in the state, particularly in Benin city, where most of the abductions have so far taken place.”

“The alarming rate of kidnapping and upsurge in other criminal activities in the state calls to question the effectiveness and efficiency of “Operation Thunderstorm”, which the state government is funding with the tax payers’ money, that is, the money of the people they are supposed to protect.

“Edo state government may wish, and it has the support of the Edo NUJ, to reorganize the Operation Thunderstorm for more effective, efficient and result-oriented performance, or even disband it, if the anti-kidnapping/crime outfit is not living to the noble ideals behind its establishment”. . . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/07/edo-nuj-condemns-itv-gms-abduction/
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by ohisng(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
@$poOne- Do u really just sit down and wait to hear any news from Edo State and blame the Governor? What is it with u and this belly-aching? Did u apply for a job and couldnt get it or u get paid for this work? It baffles me why u would want to ascribe anything to non performance by comrade oshiomhole.
So if a man falls from a motorbike, it is comrade oshiomhole's fault?
Get a life!!!!
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by agabaI23(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
A TV show host whose show brags of being the first to reach a murder scene and report was accused of masterminding some ofn the murders.

Could it be the poster is one of the pepertrators?

Talking as if kidnappings occur in Edo state alone. Abegi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
ohisng:

@$poOne- Do u really just sit down and wait to hear any news from Edo State and blame the Governor? What is it with u and this belly-aching? Did u apply for a job and couldnt get it or u get paid for this work? It baffles me why u would want to ascribe anything to non performance by comrade oshiomhole.
So if a man falls from a motorbike, it is comrade oshiomhole's fault?
Get a life!!!!

The quick answer to your dumb questions. . . YES I HAVE PERSONAL INTEREST IN EDO STATE
- No I don't really have to wait - Edo state currently leads the rest of the country in heinous crimes (Oshiom Ole's Government)
- Yes my belly aches for the state whenever one of her law-abiding citizens is kidnapped
- And yes the Governor first and foremost is responsible for the wellbeing of the citizens of the state, that includes protection of life and property, as required in the 1999 constitution.

I am sure you have other Cockamamie reasons why the governor should be absolved of all responsibility for the complete melt down of the state during his tenure.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
agabaI23:

A TV show host whose show brags of being the first to reach a murder scene and report was accused of masterminding some ofn the murders.

Could it be the poster is one of the pepertrators?

Talking as if kidnappings occur in Edo state alone. Abegi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I saw that too. . .  in Brazil -

You must be the most stupid NLer.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by agabaI23(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2009
$poOne:

Yes I saw that too. . . in Brazil -

You must be the most stupid NLer.

Good man!
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by snowdrops(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2009
As the executive governor  and "commander in chief" of Edo state, Oshiom Ole should take responsibility for a break down of law and order in the state, just like he will receive kudos if the state becomes a stable and safe place. He is not above reproach. He was not elected into that office so we all can come to NL and lavish praise on him as Ohisng does. And Ohisng are you paid to jump to his defence at the slightest opportunity. Will oxygen cease to go into your lungs if for once you chastise Oshim Ole or his government. Is your vision so blurred with psychological cataract that you tie every opponent of Oshiom Oles policies to the PDP? Grow up man.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
snowdrops:

As the executive governor  and "commander in chief" of Edo state, Oshiom Ole should take responsibility for a break down of law and order in the state, just like he will receive kudos if the state becomes a stable and safe place. He is not above reproach. He was not elected into that office so we all can come to NL and lavish praise on him as Ohisng does. And Ohisng are you paid to jump to his defence at the slightest opportunity. Will oxygen cease to go into your lungs if for once you chastise Oshim Ole or his government. Is your vision so blurred with psychological cataract that you tie every opponent of Oshiom Oles policies to the PDP? Grow up man.  

Word!
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
This guy loves to get on the National scene with his megaphone and speaks of grandeur where there’s enough media, but delivers austerity in all aspects in his state.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by walata44(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2009
The quick answer to your dumb questions. . . YES I HAVE PERSONAL INTEREST IN EDO STATE
- No I don't really have to wait - Edo state currently leads the rest of the country in heinous crimes (Oshiom Ole's Government)
- Yes my belly aches for the state whenever one of her law-abiding citizens is kidnapped
- And yes the Governor first and foremost is responsible for the wellbeing of the citizens of the state, that includes protection of life and property, as required in the 1999 constitution.

I am sure you have other Cockamamie reasons why the governor should be absolved of all responsibility for the complete melt down of the state during his tenure.

You are begining sounding bonker. What is your problem with this man?
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by bawomolo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2009
are you saying oshiomole should have personally turned into superman to stop the kidnapping.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
walata44:

You are begining sounding bonker. What is your problem with this man?

Your grammar eludes me – nevertheless, I will take a crack at it.

He is not just “this man”, he’s the governor of a state that’s without any doubt, one of the worst thus far. And, he has done nothing to make the state safer for the citizens therein. Hope this help you see my gripe with “this man”.
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
bawomolo:

are you saying oshiomole should have personally turned into superman to stop the kidnapping.

Tell me you are kidding. . . yes?

Port Harcourt was once the capital of kidnappings - did the governor become a superman to curb it?
Lagos state, the most challenging state to govern by a long stretch - is Fashola a superman or magician to ensure the safety of the citizens of Lagos?
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by ohisng(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2009
@spONE and snowdrops!!
Make una dey shame!!!
If u guys dontv have tangible things to say, be quiet!!
What contribution have u made to the state that makes u have mouth diarrhoea!!
Una own too much
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by GEW: 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
ohisng:

@spONE and snowdrops!!
Make una dey shame!!!
If u guys dontv have tangible things to say, be quiet!!
What contribution have u made to the state that makes u have mouth diarrhoea!!
Una own too much
i beg clap for adams
Re: Yet Another Kidnapping In Benin - Oshiomhole Is Ineffective by spoOne: 5:53am On Oct 09, 2009
@ohisng and GEW

I will join your bandwagon if the current truce ( https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-334713.0.html ) is sustained by the Governor – people must feel safe in their state.

If the militants get out of line or renege on their promise, it is up to the governor to call in the JTF – positioned at all water ways into the state; at strategic locations within the cities; whatever it takes to ensure that Benin or any other main city in Edo state doesn’t become the backdrop of heinous crimes such as kidnapping.

(1) (Reply)

Owners Of Nigeria / A Nigerian Teenager Jailed In The Uk For Attempted Murder! / Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.