Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] (168487 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 5:22am On Jan 01, 2019
CHAPTER 49

I couldn't believe what I was hearing , how can that be? I asked no one in particular. I stare into my mom's face and hit a blank ping back she was as lot as I was, the worst of it all was Sarah, she had dated morgan for some time now yet never knew who he truely is or his true root. but looking at morgan, he faced down, I guess he already knew. if so when did he know, for how long, does he have any idea that I was his stepsister.

29 years ago, i was already in the village for a village meeting when my brother came back for the same meeting in a very sad and moody state. I tried to find out what was wrong, though he didn't tell me in details he only told he had a little misunderstanding with his wife. he cough extensively, Sarah got up rushed to the kitchen and got a glass of water . with the help of morgan the man drank from the water.

thank you my dear, the man said after drinking and clearing his windpipe. throughout the meeting, my brother couldn't speak much. what ever the problem was, it was heavy enough to put him in a bad shape. after the meeting and refreshment was served, he drank heavier than I have ever seen him do before. he drank so much that I had to drive him home. he refuse to go home and wanted to go to a bar and have more drink. after much persuasion and he still refuse I gave up and followed him to the bar. there we drank till we couldn't move. we deceided to fool around. we paid a guy who went to God knows where and picked girls for us and took them into our hotel rooms.

in the morning, my brother was frieous when he woke up and saw the girl sleeping by his side. he even threatened to beat her up if she doesn't leave at once. my brother was so ferious that I could hear his voice from my room which was actually opposite his. I rushed to the room to me the little girl crying . I consoled her a bit took are to my room were she and her friend dressed up I paid them handsomely and told never to try in any form to contact us. my brother was mad at me,he blamed me for allowing him come to the bar in the first place. but the did have been done.

*******TWO MONTHS LATER ******

everything went back to normal until the real trouble came calling I was resting in my house when my phone rang. I picked, I heard a female voice on the other side. she told me that she was at my gate. that I should come outside. I was worried so I hurried down to see a girl who her face looked familiar. I knew we had,cross path before but I didn't know where and how. I asked her who she was . she burst into tears .
Girl: sir my name is Susan, and am 5 weeks pregnant for your brother.
Me: excuse me. what did you say.
Susan: I was the girl your brother slept with at Zealand hotel. now am pregnant for him.
Uncle: what!! oh my God. wait a minute.

I brought the girl inside then I called my wife to hear cause what I heard was too much for my ears to hear alone. I explained to her how my brother met Susan and now she pregnant. at the mention of pregnancy, my wife contance changed when she heard the word. quickly she dragged me into our bedroom.

WIFE: when would you be wise.
UNCLE : how do you mean?
WIFE: all your life, your brother have always look down on you and cheated you all your life. why can't you see that his childless is your advantage.
ME: ha!! why would you say such a thing.
WIFE: be wise for once, if anything should happen today. to your brother, who takes over everything he owns.
UNCLE : by tradition, it should be me since he had no male child.
WIFE: since you know, why are you so interested in make him have a child.
I exhaled. what should we do now that this girl is pregnant.
WIFE: we have to get the girl to abort it without your brother knowing
UNCLE: God forbid!!!! ....
WIFE: what is God forbid
UNCLE : I can't be a party to that wickedness. haaa!! ....
WIFE: what should we do then your brother must not know about the baby.

I looked down and thought a little. then I exhaled again. I was a firm and strong willed man but when it come to resisting my wife demands I was pretty weak.
UNCLE : what if we adopt the baby.
WIFE: adopt the baby how. you can't be serious.
UNCLE : is better than me killing my own blood.
WIFE: how can we adopt the baby without rising question and suspection.
UNCLE : we can sweet talk this girl into giving birth to this baby under our care and supervision. afterwards we can pay her off.
WIFE: will that work?
UNCLE: it will and before then we car fake your pregnancy from now till she put to birth .

we agreed on the perfect evil plan we had hatched. I sweet talk the girl with what happened to her at the hotel after her ordeal with my brother. and it took a little pressure for her to succumb to our plan. finally, we set everything in motion and my wife started faking pregnancy immediately.

7 months later I arranged for my wife to travel to USA with the girl in pretence that she was to give. no one was aware that both her pregnancy and putting to birth was faked. two months after they traveled, my wife came back with the baby but unfortunately the girl didn't make or so I was told. she died shortly after giving birth.

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Mtbail: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
Following bumpa-to-bumpa. I'm@ cross bridge waiting patiently for next update
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mtbail:
Following bumpa-to-bumpa. I'm@ cross bridge waiting patiently for next update
soon
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
CHAPTER 50

everything had gone as planned, even my brother was happy and he bought a lot of gift for my wife and the baby. he was overwhelmed he even made a joke on how the baby look much like him . he was the one who gave this young man his name Morgan . all I could do was laugh but inside me,I was been eaten up. I knew I did wrong, I had betrayed my brother and my mother but I couldn't help it,my wife made see what I was to gain if my brother was to leave this world without an heir to take over. so I had to put up this devilish plan we had incubated and hatched.

three years passed , nothing had changed, my brother hasn't had a child to call his own,neither have I. unbelievable as it sounds, my wife took care of Morgan as if he was her biological son. she would nuture and even chastise him with more love than even me I least expected considering her personality. but when the boy reached the age of four strange things began to happen. first of all he fell very sick,and was rushed to the hospital. all the medicine given to him had little effect on him, he had high fever and couldn't stop groaning. I was scared to loss him cause I had fallen in love with this kid. the doctors did all they could but the fever never subsided. but something strange happened when my brother came to visit. the moment he stepped in, the kid screamed "UNCLE " and smiled. my brother sat by his bedside and smiled while holding his palm in his. instantly the high fever which had defiled medical treatment started going down at a fast rate like magic. I knew it was a sign that I had fallen far but I couldn't pull out now cause I was in it deep. after the hospital event, the kid was discharged but more strange things continued to happen. I started having nightmares in successions, many of the nightmare were of the boy chasing me With a gun and many was my mother crying while sitting by her graveside. I once dreamt of me wrestling with my brother when Morgan came out with a gun and shot me.

********TWO YEARS LATER *********

my brother's wife had given birth to a baby girl. they were leaving happily but I was not. even though my account balance was getting fat over time but I still never had peace. after few years I started regretting what I had done and want to review everything to my brother my wife kicked against it.but I wasn't letting her talk me out of myself redemption. so we quarreled over this but I wasn't ready to back down.

later that day I called my brother and told him to come over to my place after work. he said he would come the next day after the day's work I asked why not today but he said his car was faulty and he would pick it up tomorrow after work then come see me afterwards. I was okay with with the idea that the secret had lasted for seven years so it could last a day longer. but that meeting with my brother never took place as my brother met his end the next day in a ghastly motor accident.

he stopped as tears were now flowing freely from his eyes. Morgan held his hand to console him.

after few seconds of let the tears drop freely, he stopped then looked at my mom. our wife, I wish you would find it in your heart to forgive all the wrong done to you. I never meant for any of these things to happen. I let myself be deceived and God is punishing me for my wrong doings. I lot my daughter, I lot my wife and still I have been disgraced out of office. everything I had ever achieved had hit the rocks. all I have is all this big houses which I live in without peace. please forgive me so I can live the rest of my life and die when my time comes in peace.

all this years, I had lived my life in needs and wants my mom said with tears in her eyes. all because I was lead to believe that my husband had no male child. what a wicked world. Eduardo why. you were the apple of your brother's eyes. he loved you and from what I know he had never denied you anything. why, why did you let your heart become the workshop of the devil.

she was my cousin and because of me she is died I said to no one in particular. everyone turned and was staring at me as if I was in sane. I could have prevented this,I could have stopped this before it happened. no! no!! I screamed. everyone was still staring at me. I can't stay here any longer.

I got up with my handbag and ran off.all the effort to stop me by my mom and others fall on deaf ears as I ran into the compound and off the gate. I kept running with stopping or looking back till I ran into a busy road and was about to cross when I felt a sharp hit by my side. I fall and blacked out immediately.

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
sorry guys for the slow updates I will try to update more often

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Crystalqueen(f): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Good 1 bt try to reduce the space between updates
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by MAcSEEKER: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
update pleeaaasssse. And try to re-read your story and edit it before posting it.. Much luff
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Soloade100: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
why has this story stopped suddenly. I need more update please. The author should do something. This story is really captivating
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Soloade100: 5:17am On Jul 03, 2019
Onyenso100:
sorry guys for the slow updates I will try to update more often

update us please. The story is interesting
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Codalee(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
Abeg update na sad
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by starjay001: 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
Please updates its really interesting a twist of fate
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
happy New year to all of you that have read and commented on this particular work piece it is so much appreciated
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
would complete this work piece by the grace of God this month
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Demurray: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Pls OP try to complete this story nah. You promised to do so in January but failed. It is over 2 months now.
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
wow it been long I came here but I would be back really soon
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by emeraldlife: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Onyenso100:
wow it been long I came here but I would be back really soon

Go seedon

U don even forget as you take start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.