Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,388 members, 7,800,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54257 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Tpave(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by tosine25: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
#Singing Mabi mi Ni jamb question.... grin

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by zarakay(f): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by greatwhite(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
It is wrong

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by okosodo: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Very wrong because you are an infidel

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
@Op It is not only wrong but it's a bad luck to eat it. They actually cast their lots (bad luck and past sins) on the ram before killing it and so if you partake in it,........

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.

392 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by circuit101: 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
spice123:
@Op It is not only wrong but it's a bad luck to eat it. They actually cast their lots (bad luck and past sins) on the ram before killing it and so if you partake in it,........
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.
A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.
Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?
God bless you.
confused set of people.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
circuit101:
confused set of people.

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.

186 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by orisa37: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yes
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by sugni: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
circuit101:
confused set of people.
Exactly!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Amakansi4: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
4everGod:

God bless you.

please stop saying wat u dont knw or not sure abt before u blaspheme.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
@Amakansi4 don't mind that sunday sunday medicine new convert

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by mrZENographer: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
THE ANSWER

No and Yes.

Read 1 Corinthians 8.
The whole chapter is addressing this matter. Just Google and read or open your bible.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
In this 'Buhari Era' as the wailers call it, you see free food and you no chop? Or you still dey ask questions? Hmm, recession never reach your side o grin grin

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
spice123:
I wonder if you actually think at all,why would they eat what you said they cast their bad luck and past sins on

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
hanity:

I wonder if you actually think at all,why would they eat what you said they cast their bad luck and past sins on
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
Can you give your Christmas food to a Muslim and he eat it? A serious Muslim will eat. The food and meat they eat are offered to idol

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

Are you telling me A muslim what you saw?when that is how every muslim does myself and family included

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by An2elect2(f): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
I personally cant

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Tpave:

Islamicly its permissible for Muslim to eat good food from Christian (e.g Ram meat etc) and Its permissible for Christian to eat Muslim food.

"Today, all good food is made lawful for
you. The food of the people of the Scripture (Jews & Christians) is lawful (halal) for you ......" 5:5

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by obils2: 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
hmmm i am just saying my own.well many christians dont believe in chrismas because they believe it is idol worshiping but Jesus said do what you want others to do unto u so.if there are any bible verse that talks against eating of salah meet please let me know.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
spice123:

hanity:

ProfessorPeter:
Can you give your Christmas food to a Muslim and he eat it? A serious Muslim will eat. The food and meat they eat are offered to idol

Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good [Quran 22: 37]

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Tpave(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
spice123:
Hmn!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by flamingREED(m): 4:17am On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

God bless you.

You're wrong man.

So long as you're aware its offered to/blessed by the devil,
You eat to your soul's damnation.

1 Corinthians 10
20 BUT I SAY, THAT THE THINGS WHICH THE GENTILES SACRIFICE, THEY SACRIFICE TO DEVILS, AND NOT TO GOD: AND I WOULD NOT THAT YE SHOULD HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH DEVILS.

21 YE CANNOT DRINK THE CUP OF THE LORD, AND THE CUP OF DEVILS: YE CANNOT BE PARTAKERS OF THE LORD'S TABLE, AND OF THE TABLE OF DEVILS.

22 DO WE PROVOKE THE LORD TO JEALOUSY? ARE WE STRONGER THAN HE?

23 ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS ARE NOT EXPEDIENT: ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS EDIFY NOT.

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
28 BUT IF ANY MAN SAY UNTO YOU, THIS IS OFFERED IN SACRIFICE UNTO IDOLS, EAT NOT FOR HIS SAKE THAT SHEWED IT, AND FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND THE FULNESS THEREOF:
29 CONSCIENCE, I SAY, NOT THINE OWN, BUT OF THE OTHER: FOR WHY IS MY LIBERTY JUDGED OF ANOTHER MAN'S CONSCIENCE?

31 WHETHER THEREFORE YE EAT, OR DRINK, OR WHATSOEVER YE DO, DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

32 GIVE NONE OFFENCE, NEITHER TO THE JEWS, NOR TO THE GENTILES, NOR TO THE CHURCH OF GOD:

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, THAT THEY MAY BE SAVED.

There's a great difference between what is well known to be the devil's feast
And what is presented in the market place for sale or in a casual feast for entertainment.

FOR THE FORMER IT'S TRANSGRESSION TO EAT.
IN THE TWO FOLLOWING CASES, RESPECT THE CONSCIENCE OF OTHERS

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We
subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good [Quran 22: 37]
Thanks for that Bro

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2016
flamingREED:

You're wrong man.

So long as you're aware its offered to/blessed by the devil,
You eat to your soul's damnation.

1 Corinthians 10
20 BUT I SAY, THAT THE THINGS WHICH THE GENTILES SACRIFICE, THEY SACRIFICE TO DEVILS, AND NOT TO GOD: AND I WOULD NOT THAT YE SHOULD HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH DEVILS.

21 YE CANNOT DRINK THE CUP OF THE LORD, AND THE CUP OF DEVILS: YE CANNOT BE PARTAKERS OF THE LORD'S TABLE, AND OF THE TABLE OF DEVILS.

22 DO WE PROVOKE THE LORD TO JEALOUSY? ARE WE STRONGER THAN HE?

23 ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS ARE NOT EXPEDIENT: ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS EDIFY NOT.

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
28 BUT IF ANY MAN SAY UNTO YOU, THIS IS OFFERED IN SACRIFICE UNTO IDOLS, EAT NOT FOR HIS SAKE THAT SHEWED IT, AND FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND THE FULNESS THEREOF:
29 CONSCIENCE, I SAY, NOT THINE OWN, BUT OF THE OTHER: FOR WHY IS MY LIBERTY JUDGED OF ANOTHER MAN'S CONSCIENCE?

31 WHETHER THEREFORE YE EAT, OR DRINK, OR WHATSOEVER YE DO, DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

32 GIVE NONE OFFENCE, NEITHER TO THE JEWS, NOR TO THE GENTILES, NOR TO THE CHURCH OF GOD:

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, THAT THEY MAY BE SAVED.

There's a great difference between what is well known to be the devil's feast
And what is presented in the market place for sale or in a casual feast for entertainment.

FOR THE FORMER IT'S TRANSGRESSION TO EAT.
IN THE TWO FOLLOWING CASES, RESPECT THE CONSCIENCE OF OTHERS

You are totally 100% wrong. if you do not understand 1st corinthians chapter 8 how can you understand chapter 10?

[size=15pt][b]1 Corinthians 8King James Version (KJV)

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
[/b][/size]

let me now repost my original post so you can read it side by side with the above scripture

God bless you.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge

Read 1st corinthians 8

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by agwom(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2016
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ireneony(f): 8:01am On Sep 11, 2016
It's not wrong.
Love your neighbour as yourself.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 10:33am On Sep 11, 2016
@4everGod In a layman's understanding it's just like someone saying that he he's not a robber but he gets gift from his known robber friend and even eats part of what he steals and yet says to himself that he does not steal. WHAT AN IRONY! You are an accomplice unknowingly.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video) / SA Pastor Prays Snake Spirit Into Members, Then Sends Them To Nigeria - Pics / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.